CCA Liger banger V3.0

Baron23

I haven't tried them on my other PID because I wasn't brave enough (and had no real need to, I dig the KubeOne). I do know that August uses custom coils that have larger power requirements, due to their size and material. It's not the same type of cable (different thickness/length) or coil material that came with my other next gen eNails.... it could work. Or your specific PID may have a fuse that will not supply correct power to this type of coil; even if it's wired similarly and uses the same thermocouple. I would definitely talk with August or the manufacturer of your specific PID (eNail controller) about safe and/or effective range/tolerance of your specific hardware, before trying to use a custom coil. If I had to guess, I'd say it's the standard style configuration and "K-type" thermocouple though. But again, I wouldn't start ordering or pluggin' stuff in; at least until I talked with someone. It is an awesome setup that is worth looking into though....Hopefully that helps!!
Thanks! Tell the truth...and this is only me....but I will not buy coils or controllers from anybody who is not willing to publish their specs on this interface. To me, its utter BS to not do so.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So my order arrived today and I received everything I ordered except for color. I ordered a blue Liger and received a purple one with blue adapter. The design on the Storm Cell cap was also changed to one I like less. Small things in the big picture, but it really should be simple to just send people what they order. I didn't complain about waiting a couple weeks longer than advertised, but when I finally get my order it should match the picture.

Now I'm looking forward to getting it all set up today!

lazylightning,
Reactions: ichibaneye

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
So my order arrived today and I received everything I ordered except for color. I ordered a blue Liger and received a purple one with blue adapter. The design on the Storm Cell cap was also changed to one I like less. Small things in the big picture, but it really should be simple to just send people what they order. I didn't complain about waiting a couple weeks longer than advertised, but when I finally get my order it should match the picture.

I would contact them immediately and demand the one you wanted to be sent out. You've got every right to do so. Yes it's a top notch product but the company needs to stop making excuses and start being more accountable.

Yes, to anyone else I've read the entire thread and many others on other sites about what's been happening with cca. It's sad really. I'm about to order my Hex-Nail and most likely when I order my liger gear it'll arrive different and incomplete from what I order originally and MY MONEY PAID FOR. That's instant bad business practice and totally unethical if done on purpose. Which shockingly seems to be the case in a few instances.

@CCA710 Please just start sending people what they ordered. Stop halfing orders and then sending the rest later too. It's not hard to read an invoice and double check the packing slip and contents before sending out a complete and correct order. Just start communicating with people better, let them know what's not in yet and why. Also offer options after happily taking people's money and not getting things correct the first time, many times. So, the option to take delivery of a correct partial order and then the rest later when it's in or completed. Or wait until you've got everything correct and completed and then send it out. I personally don't care how long the wait is, I've got that coveted. Former military here, I'm use to hurry up and wait. :)

Hypothetical scenario here: I don't want a gold adapter chinced in with let's say the all blue set I originally ordered just because you wanted to get something out the door. It's like if you wanted me to customize let's say just for an example some reto Jordan's in white and I send you blue ones back and in the wrong size... you'd be disappointed too and out more time. Best wishes and may you find a better smoother system for customer service. Here at FC many of us hold customer service at the same importance as the product itself. Keep up the hard work and thank you for listening.

Last edited:

lazylightning

I would contact them immediately and demand the one you wanted to be sent out. You've got every right to do so. Yes it's a top notch product but the company needs to stop making excuses and start being more accountable.

Yeah, I really debated doing that but I've been waiting a month already. This is actually my birthday gift to myself and that's only a week away now. By the time I shipped it back and waited for what I ordered, my birthday would have come and gone and the Liger really needs to be a part of the festivities. At some point I might try torching the whole thing to see what interesting rainbow colors come out.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention along with the different design on the Storm Cell cap...there's only one hole and it's no longer adjustable. From what I've read on this forum most people prefer the single hole, but the CCA710 marketing really talks up the adjustable air flow and there again the advertising doesn't match the product sold. I'm no attorney, but I think that would fall under deceptive trade practices:

"advertising goods or services with the intent not to sell them as advertised, and knowingly lying about the characteristics, ingredients, uses, and benefits of a certain good or service."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not outraged about this specific incident and don't wish any negative on CCA710. I would encourage them to employ some more ethical business practices though. The law certainly does not appear to be on their side.

IMG_7569.jpg

Storm_Cell_3_0_Traditional_Set_Breakdown_Concentrate_Connoisseur_Accessories_CCA710.jpg

Last edited:

This is super disappointing to see man... I'm waiting for my liger currently. When I order I was told "We have plenty of SiC inserts and 30mm in stock!" So I ordered and as soon as I do I see this thread and other people waiting a long time after I thought they remedied their stock problems on IG. If I were you man I would definitely e-mail them back and see what happened. It doesn't even look purple its like blue/purple and your storm cell doesn't even match. That's part of the whole reason I ordered the storm cell was the intricate design on top and that you could get it the same color as the nail etc...

lazylightning

This is super disappointing to see man... I'm waiting for my liger currently. When I order I was told "We have plenty of SiC inserts and 30mm in stock!" So I order and as soon as I do I see this thread and other people waiting a long time after I thought they remedied their stock problems on IG. If I were you man I would definitely e-mail them back and see what happened. It doesn't even look purple its like blue/purple and your storm cell doesn't even match. That's part of the whole reason I ordered the storm cell was the intricate design on top and that you could get it the same color as the nail etc...

I hope your 30mm gets shipped quickly @bulbous_head. I think chances are good it'll happen soon.

I actually ordered the silver Storm Cell on purpose because I have a silver Highly Educated carb cap dabber I was hoping would screw right into the Storm Cell. Luckily it did...and it's ½" longer than the stinger on the Storm Cell which I really like. I also like the color contrast between banger and carb cap and now with the purple Liger I'm really glad I didn't try to match.

herbivore21

The new storm cell will unequivocally function better than the old one guys. The reason that the old adjustable airflow design was abandoned is because it never manufactured properly, leaked air/vapor and didn't provide a tight seal or big cloudy rips that it should. Josh and I have discussed this at length and he made the right decision. You may have liked the look of the old storm cell cap, but the new one will function properly, which at the end of the day is much more important.

Look at the complaints earlier in this thread about the functioning of the carb caps. The OG storm cell cap was nothing to write home about, even if it was better than the OG hurricane IMO.

Shatterdad

I wouldn't of bought the carb cap had I known it sucked. I still would be dissapointed in the design change and not being given the option to choose or get a refund. If I wanted a basic cap with no appeal I would of just bought a $3 Chinese bubble cap and saved myself $100. Btw I have no complaints about my own personal orders fulfillment I received my liger with just a 4 week wait.

lazylightning

The new storm cell will unequivocally function better than the old one guys. The reason that the old adjustable airflow design was abandoned is because it never manufactured properly, leaked air/vapor and didn't provide a tight seal or big cloudy rips that it should. Josh and I have discussed this at length and he made the right decision. You may have liked the look of the old storm cell cap, but the new one will function properly, which at the end of the day is much more important.

Look at the complaints earlier in this thread about the functioning of the carb caps. The OG storm cell cap was nothing to write home about, even if it was better than the OG hurricane IMO.

Yeah, I figured there was a consensus that the single hole was best. I'd have appreciated a simple notice mentioning the change, or perhaps an email with a quick photo of the new design asking if I was okay with the it. Quite honestly I'd probably have gone for the Hurricane or maybe just opted for a bubble cap instead.

I've only taken 2 dabs so far, working my way down the temps from 580 to 560 to...

So far the hits are harsher than the $20 Ti nail I got from Auber with my RDK-300 enail a month ago. I've been using it here and there and the hits were surprisingly smooth at 580. So far the Liger is harsher and the flavor not as good, but still dialing in the right temp. After just 2 dabs I'm wondering if I got a carb cap that isn't totally round. It doesn't spin very easily and I kinda thought that was the point of this cap...that it fits right in and spins easily?

Regardless of the small complaints, I'm enjoying it and hope to iron things out as my head clears and more dabs are possible :tup:

IMG_7577.jpg

Last edited:

Kalikron

I completely agree here. I'd prefer the updated function over aesthetics; anyday of the week. Josh and @CCA710 have been nothing short of miraculous in their dealings w/me. Josh has a SMALL company that is expanding exponentially right now; he also just hired help with CS/support/emails; so hopefully that will free him up some. He also cannot do all the machining/polishing/manufacturering in-house (just not possible with things like growing/polishing Sapphire etc); so he's usually waiting on backorders of material himself. There are a lot of variables. Bottom line is that products ordered from small/boutique style businesses tend to take a lot longer to receive; as their production processes/materials are of higher quality. Hey, that's why you wanted one in the first place; right?

@lazylightning im sorry to see you unhappy! That truly sucks to have your maiden Liger voyage slightly bummed by redesigns/color mistakes. However, I'm sure @CCA710 thought they were doing you a favor sending you the new cap style...but if you aren't happy with that or the color mishap; please contact Josh/CS at @CCA710 through their IG (quick response) or their website. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to make it right with you and then some with a cap or color swap (you never know, if your cool about it you may end up w/both;)). They've been nothing but cool to me!!!

Yeah, I figured there was a consensus that the single hole was best. I'd have appreciated a simple notice mentioning the change, or perhaps an email with a quick photo of the new design asking if I was okay with the it. Quite honestly I'd probably have gone for the Hurricane or maybe just opted for a bubble cap instead.

Seriously... Shipping people stuff they didn't order is not cool regardless if it functions better or not. At least send us an email letting us know of this change, send us a picture or something and let the paying customer decide whether we are ok with it or not.

lazylightning

I completely agree here. I'd prefer the updated function over aesthetics; anyday of the week. Josh and @CCA710 have been nothing short of miraculous in their dealings w/me. Josh has a SMALL company that is expanding exponentially right now; he also just hired help with CS/support/emails; so hopefully that will free him up some. He also cannot do all the machining/polishing/manufacturering in-house (just not possible with things like growing/polishing Sapphire etc); so he's usually waiting on backorders of material himself. There are a lot of variables. Bottom line is that products ordered from small/boutique style businesses tend to take a lot longer to receive; as their production processes/materials are of higher quality. Hey, that's why you wanted one in the first place; right?

@lazylightning im sorry to see you unhappy! That truly sucks to have your maiden Liger voyage slightly bummed by redesigns/color mistakes. However, I'm sure @CCA710 thought they were doing you a favor sending you the new cap style...but if you aren't happy with that or the color mishap; please contact Josh/CS at @CCA710 through their IG (quick response) or their website. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to make it right with you and then some with a cap or color swap (you never know, if your cool about it you may end up w/both;)). They've been nothing but cool to me!!!

I understand about SMALL companies. I've been running an online one-man business for 20 years making custom glass art. I have no help or customer support, but I answer all emails within 24 hours and ship the exact items ordered when promised. I'm not just a clueless consumer...I've been on Josh's side for much of my adult life. I offer better than average customer service even doing everything myself. My suggestions are born out of decades of experience, not ignorance.

I will probably contact Josh once I figure out what I can live with and what I'd like changed. It's not something I want to do right away when I'm just trying to enjoy my new toy though.

herbivore21

I'd have appreciated a simple notice mentioning the change, or perhaps an email with a quick photo of the new design asking if I was okay with the it.
Agreed my friend, it seems that a lack of communication to customers is still an issue that needs addressing.

Also the storm cell is not intended to be turned during use, it is a set and forget type of cap. Are you using the nail with an insert, or not btw? If you are using an insert and it tastes worse than a ti nail, something is very wrong!

I mean come on guys, a simple "Hey customers who ordered a storm cell carb cap, we are trying new things out with this product due to customer feed back and have an experimental design we can send you if you wish (insert pictures here, explain why this one will be better than the last one and like always if they have any issues with it to let them know immediately so they can provide a partial discount or get the polished one.) If you wish to wait and not order the storm cell we will gladly refund your money and let you know when the finished one is out!"

lazylightning

Agreed my friend, it seems that a lack of communication to customers is still an issue that needs addressing.

Also the storm cell is not intended to be turned during use, it is a set and forget type of cap. Are you using the nail with an insert, or not btw? If you are using an insert and it tastes worse than a ti nail, something is very wrong!

I originally thought that the Storm Cell was just to be left in place. But then on the first hit I turned it after I thought my hit was done and kept getting more vapor every time I moved it a bit. I ended up getting an entire second hit by turning it, even though there was no vapor production when it was just sitting there.

I'm using a SiC insert and had given everything a good ISO wash and water rinse before first use.

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
I dunno, as soon as I got my Liger's SiC insert, I couldn't go back to Ti for more than a couple hits. Not sure if it's placebo or not, but have you tried a glass directional flow cap yet? I've been running my controller at 600 for a while and I've been getting a really satisfying amount of vapor with flavor that's better than any quartz or titanium surface I've tried.

lazylightning

I dunno, as soon as I got my Liger's SiC insert, I couldn't go back to Ti for more than a couple hits. Not sure if it's placebo or not, but have you tried a glass directional flow cap yet? I've been running my controller at 600 for a while and I've been getting a really satisfying amount of vapor with flavor that's better than any quartz or titanium surface I've tried.

I tried a Chinese bubble cap a couple times without any noticeable flavor improvement. I do believe the effects are more potent than the Ti nail as I haven't been able to take as many dabs as usual today. I can get great vapor and potent effects, it's just the superior flavor that's missing and what I was looking forward to the most with the Liger. I still haven't tried anything over 580 so I'll give 600 a try...thanks for the suggestion.

lazylightning,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just deleted 14 posts that consisted mostly of personal comments and added nothing to this thread. Please do not make personal comments about other members. Accusing other members of being a "fanboy" or receiving bribes to make positive comments is inflammatory and against our rules. If you believe someone is a shill, report it with convincing evidence and let staff handle it. If you must make personal comments, use a PM and do not put them in public posts. Further comments along these lines will result in more deletions and warning points. Thanks for your cooperation,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class

Would you recommend the Hurricane over the new single hole Storm ?

Been Vapin,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
Save yourselves time, stress and money and just get glass/quartz carb caps. I can't imagine ever going back to metal no matter how many redesigns there are. No chance metal will ever be better.

R&D should be going towards something else imo...
This. I use mostly an iDab or ChadBro bubble cap and it works perfectly. The only thing I use my v2 Storm Cap for is for sugary/crumble type consistency where I like to use the little shovel end. But I don't use it as a cap anymore.
I just sent them an email asking if they can cancel the Storm carb cap order. Thanks.

Top Bottom