CCA Liger banger V3.0

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Save yourselves time, stress and money and just get glass/quartz carb caps. I can't imagine ever going back to metal no matter how many redesigns there are. No chance metal will ever be better.

R&D should be going towards something else imo...

I'd also like to add and I'm sure some of my fellow members will agree with me on this; that glass is cleaner and allows for higher taste quality in any situation and has many other added benefits when dealing with anything MJ related.

To follow up on this point: The metal used so far in the set up is top notch and serves a legitimate purpose. Ie, structurally, healthful, and function to a point. Now at this point, the carb cap point of the equation do you want metal for basically it's esthetics and really no other added benefit. Or, go with a glass CC that imo usually looks better, adds to the overall experince, a bit cooler draw, tastier hits and finally the better function of moving the goodie around. I don't know that's just crazy me thinking a bit. :freak: cheers! :cheers:

Danksta

Speaking of R&D and metal...

The V4 should be a hybrid bucket where the section of the bucket is made of quartz so there is no metal ever touching the oil. I know that would not be easy to achieve but I think that's the only improvement I can think of that would get me to shell out money for another system.

Give up on the metal caps and figure out how to make a quartz enail bucket. That would be a game changer.

I've been using my Eternal V2 banger for a couple weeks now and the Liger has not been turned on since the weekend. The only appeal the Liger has for me is flavor, the quartz bangers are more fun to use and watch. And if timed right it tastes just as good if not better than my Liger.

I'd love to see Josh pull off an enail bucket made of quartz. Sign me up.

Just my thoughts :2c:

Kalikron

Save yourselves time, stress and money and just get glass/quartz carb caps. I can't imagine ever going back to metal no matter how many redesigns there are. No chance metal will ever be better.

R&D should be going towards something else imo...
I like a glass cap over the metal one as well; preferably directional. I'd like to see an official Liger glass directional cap (maybe have Karl Termini do them? He did great on the others he did for cca) and some updates to the vapor path at some point. Eliminate/coat all the metal in the vapor path with another material. I think coating the inner path w/SiC or even regular ceramic would be easy and worth doing. However maybe there's a reason they didn't do that...I'm not incredibly experienced in ceramics. A Quartz tube inserted in the existing metal path might work as well. The modular nature of the liger is perfect for this; as single pieces can be replaced and updated without replacing the whole system. Food for thought anyway.
But yeah I completely agree about the glass or Quartz caps; they outperform any metal cap. If I'm not mistaken there is an artist who makes glass caps in various sizes with adjustable air on IG...can't think of his name off hand but I'll post if I find it.

Last edited:

mutten840

For the 20mm liger there are a ton of options and its pretty easy to find several different caps to work nicely on it. But if you want a solid adjustable ball cap, then you need to get one of the terp tuner ball caps. They run from 100 to 150. But are worth every penny as it is a perfect fit to the 20mm and never breaks seal. It is also completely adjustable to where you can barely pull air through. This combo of fluid movement and granular adjustable air flow is a perfect combo.

For the 30mm liger. This is where you are gonna have a harder time finding a wide selection of caps that truly fit it and do not break seal. There were several that came close. But none that were a true home run and so the storm cell cap was pretty much the most user friendly cap around.

In the end if you want a solid cap for the 20, check the link below and you will not be sorry =)
https://shop.madhustleinc.com/

The terp tuners do not fit the 20mm so do not be deceived and buy one by mistake. It will make you sad trying to pretend it works lol

I only rock the 20mm liger with the SiC insert as it is the best all around pairing that is best bang for buck wise while also giving solid dabs. The 30 worked good, but the 20 crushes it all day long in a smaller package. I know this has been heavily debated and I am sure there will be resistance to my take. But hey, sometimes you just gotta toss your take out and see how it is viewed :tup:

I have said my piece and now I go back to my magical land of unicorns and double rainbows :science:

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
The Riptide cap was made for the 20mm oh my god! It's friggin' incredible! Fits like a glove and makes the Terp Trunk seem like a POS. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $40 on a Riptide if you have or get a 20mm. The Terp Trunk is inferior as far as function and flavor. The multiple air holes really makes a difference. You're taste buds will be in heaven.

Hey @Danksta, I bought one of these Gordo Riptide caps while I was waiting for my Liger so I tried it on my 20mm Liger. When you say it fits like a glove do you mean there's no air leakage around the edges or that the large maria disc fits down flat on the rim of the banger? Basically what I'm asking is, does your Riptide fit the way mine does?

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7593.jpg

lazylightning,

Baron23

For the 20mm liger there are a ton of options and its pretty easy to find several different caps to work nicely on it. But if you want a solid adjustable ball cap, then you need to get one of the terp tuner ball caps. They run from 100 to 150. But are worth every penny as it is a perfect fit to the 20mm and never breaks seal. It is also completely adjustable to where you can barely pull air through. This combo of fluid movement and granular adjustable air flow is a perfect combo.

For the 30mm liger. This is where you are gonna have a harder time finding a wide selection of caps that truly fit it and do not break seal. There were several that came close. But none that were a true home run and so the storm cell cap was pretty much the most user friendly cap around.

In the end if you want a solid cap for the 20, check the link below and you will not be sorry =)

The terp tuners do not fit the 20mm so do not be deceived and buy one by mistake. It will make you sad trying to pretend it works lol

I only rock the 20mm liger with the SiC insert as it is the best all around pairing that is best bang for buck wise while also giving solid dabs. The 30 worked good, but the 20 crushes it all day long in a smaller package. I know this has been heavily debated and I am sure there will be resistance to my take. But hey, sometimes you just gotta toss your take out and see how it is viewed :tup:

I have said my piece and now I go back to my magical land of unicorns and double rainbows :science:
I'm with you on the Mad Hustle Bubble Star cap. Works with my 20mm perfectly and is well made. Bit heavier duty than the iDab bubble cap I have.

Danksta

Hey @Danksta, I bought one of these Gordo Riptide caps while I was waiting for my Liger so I tried it on my 20mm Liger. When you say it fits like a glove do you mean there's no air leakage around the edges or that the large maria disc fits down flat on the rim of the banger? Basically what I'm asking is, does your Riptide fit the way mine does?

IMG_7594.jpg

IMG_7593.jpg

Yikes, no that is not like mine at all. I would not have recommended that setup. Mine is not as thick in the center.

NKVTKUB.jpg

lazylightning

Yikes, no that is not like mine at all. I would not have recommended that setup. Mine is not as thick in the center.

NKVTKUB.jpg

Thanks, I really didn't think you'd recommend it so thoroughly if it fit like mine. If I set it on just right it'll stay without tipping, but I don't think I'm getting a tight seal. I'm puzzled because I'm pretty sure Gordo uses pre-made diameter canes with the holes and I'd assume that the Liger has consistent dimensions too. I wonder which component is different from yours.

lazylightning,

Been Vapin

Fringe Class

Thank you for the suggestions.

CAA customer support has been very helpful and responsive. Looks like they are going to refund the Storm Carb cap. Glad I popped into this thread when I did.

Thanks again folks

lazylightning

@lazylightning Check your bucket to make sure the threads of the joint aren't blocking the cap from fitting in snug. It is a known thang that can be fixed by backing it out some and then snugging the lock nut back up. Worth checking in case that's all it is =)

Thanks for the idea @mutten840. It's backed out several threads and the SiC insert pops in and out so I don't think that's the issue.

lazylightning,
Reactions: mutten840

Danksta

I had forgotten to mention the intake. Mine is flush, nothing is extended into the bucket. That's the only way the Riptide works for me.

I also have a little room to wiggle the cap. It's not so snug that it doesn't turn or wiggle. It really is a great fit on my end.

Been Vapin

Fringe Class
CAA refunded me for the Storm carb cap, and said "all orders were going out today." If that is the case Inneed a carb cap asap 911

I called and talked to the dude at thedablab.com. Very helpful guy. He recommended the following for what they carry for the 30mm
35mm bubble cap
https://www.thedablab.com/jason-hoyes-bubble-carb-cap-for-flat-top-or-thermal-p-banger/
DSC_0007__38214.1496867075.1280.1280.JPG

Chad bros
https://www.thedablab.com/chad-bro-glass-terp-trunk-carb-cap-for-banger-nail/

QuartZ tech bubble
https://www.thedablab.com/quartz-tech-bubble-carb-cap-for-thermal-p-quartz-banger-xl/
DSC_0109__74073.1493161469.1280.1280.JPG

Any other feedback or suggestions for the 30mm carb cap? Dhgate?

Anyone use this?
https://allglass.com/products/gordo-scientific-xl-riptide-turbine-carb-cap

Just found this 45mm XL bubble cap
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/45mm-xxl-quartz-carb-cap-dome-for-50mm-thermal/396394730.html
rBVaJFitQvOAEQt_AAITBk7AYwU082.jpg

50mm bubble.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/50mm-universal-colored-glass-bubble-carb/397154252.html#s1-6-1b;searl|0033694881
rBVaI1jH1KKAEBDqAAcogmKY2-g761.jpg

Last edited:

lazylightning

@Danksta uses one...I've got one but it doesn't fit my 20mm Liger like his does.

Luckily I ordered one of these 28mm Chinese bubble caps at the same time as the Riptide.

It's the only thing that is giving me close to as tasty hits as I was getting off the $20 Ti Auber enail. Things keep getting slightly better, but I must still be doing something wrong.

lazylightning,
Reactions: Been Vapin

herbivore21

I'd assume that the Liger has consistent dimensions too. I wonder which component is different from yours.
You assumed wrongly on that one brother. I know that some Liger buckets have shipped despite not being within the right manufacturing tolerances. I am waiting on a replacement for one of these myself for many months now. This could be your problem here.

lazylightning

You assumed wrongly on that one brother. I know that some Liger buckets have shipped despite not being within the right manufacturing tolerances. I am waiting on a replacement for one of these myself for many months now. This could be your problem here.

Oh is that right? Well that's an important piece of information. Thank you for sharing.

It's hard to measure the inner diameter of the Liger with calipers, but the outer diameter is 26mm on mine. The diameter of the Riptide carb cap is 17.5mm and is just a little bigger than the inner diameter of the Liger.

Hey...wait a second. That means the inner diameter of the Liger must be 16mm instead of 20mm right? My 20mm coil fit perfectly though...I'm confused.

The Kosher Tangie rosin I just made and dabbed at 560 with the Chinese bubble cap was the best hit off the Liger yet. Still feel like there's something missing though. Could it be that I have a 16mm and my .04-.05g dabs don't have enough room in the insert?

Last edited:

herbivore21

Oh is that right? Well that's an important piece of information. Thank you for sharing.
No problem man. There seems to be a dearth of mention of some of the issues people have experienced with the Liger in this thread tbh. I know that Josh will make it right if this is the problem though :peace: I'd contact him and let him know of the issue.

lazylightning

No problem man. There seems to be a dearth of mention of some of the issues people have experienced with the Liger in this thread tbh. I know that Josh will make it right if this is the problem though :peace: I'd contact him and let him know of the issue.

From what others have said here I have no doubt Josh will make it right in the end. If it was just about the color or carb cap I'd have written him by now. But I'm trying to figure out exactly what I've got and what the problems are so I can be clear when I contact him. That's where I value this forum, because I've learned things here that wouldn't have otherwise occurred to me.

I'm especially interested in what the inner diameter of the 20mm Liger is supposed to be. I assumed it was 20mm, but mine is very close to 16mm. It's clear that I've assumed wrongly in the past so I'm hoping someone can help me out with this mystery. Perhaps I was sent a 16mm Liger but they are still built to work with 20mm coils?

EDIT:

So I've spent the evening dabbing and have decided that the poor taste and throat irritation was a result of not cleaning the Liger well enough prior to use. I did an ISO soak and scrub of every piece, even swabbing out the air tube thoroughly. But residual burn-off is the only explanation I can think of for the poor initial taste. I also had a headache last night and my heart rate was somewhat uneven and extremely elevated to the point I couldn't sleep for hours. I can't ever remembering that happening in quite the same way so I'm guessing I poisoned myself a bit :doh:

After the Liger was on for maybe 15 hours total, the hits started getting smoother and tasting better and better. The last few have been very tasty with the Chinese bubble cap. Sure wish the Gordo Riptide fit so I could see what difference that made.

Last edited:

Thanks for this info man, do you know if they have had any issues with the 30mm ligers? If so I think I'm going to hold off on getting anymore carb caps until I know for sure the size of my bucket.

edit: When I receive mine I will definitely post my measurements to see if they fixed anything or not.

Last edited:
bulbous_head,

herbivore21

Thanks for this info man, do you know if they have had any issues with the 30mm ligers? If so I think I'm going to hold off on getting anymore carb caps until I know for sure the size of my bucket.
The 30mm is the model that I have which I am waiting on a replacement for bro. The issue of improper manufacturing of the bucket can indeed present in the 30mm model.

The 30mm is the model that I have which I am waiting on a replacement for bro. The issue of improper manufacturing of the bucket can indeed present in the 30mm model.

Yikes, I'll have to check mine out then when I get it thanks for the heads up this is all good to know. I don't want to invest in a carb cap and then have it not fit that would blow huge.

Top Bottom