CCA Liger banger V3.0

Im trying to get Joel Halen to make mea 35mm bucket to drop in the 30mm inserts.

$16 and even if the Augusthaus coil and shroud don't fit, I get an extra bubble cap and quartz insert.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/3mm-...artz/405871109.html#s1-13-1b;searl|0475416767

This one is just a tad larger. I have both on order to test with the Augusthaus custom coil and shroud to see how they fit. https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-3mm-thick-xxxl-quartz-banger/405226920.html

I haven't verified but the old ligers were purported to be 38mm OD with an inner diameter of 30mm. A 35mm might be too small for the inserts if the walls are 3mm thick. That would leave an inner diameter of only 29mm. I may be hoping for a shipment whose tolerances are a bit towards the oversized. The 36mm banger looks like it might work.

As there will be no centerpost to secure the Augusthaus shroud, I am going to experiment with these to hold the shroud on the coil. As the coil is nonmagnetic, I will have to put one on the inside of the coil and another on the bottom of the shroud. They look to fit perfectly on the inside of the coil. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYU3SX8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
releasethekraken,
Reactions: Hogni

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I ordered a cheap china one fo $14 but their tolerance is usially ass so I'm not counting on it. I want an American quartz flat top. I like the Halen bucket already for the inserts so if he is willing to make me a custom flat top, that would be awesome.

Yes, they about riughly 38mm od.
40mm is too large. And 35mm is the closest and those two sizes I can get coils for as this is for enails set up. Not torch. 36mm would need a ride custom coil which I'm trying to avoid.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I ordered a cheap china one fo $14 but their tolerance is usially ass so I'm not counting on it. I want an American quartz flat top. I like the Halen bucket already for the inserts so if he is willing to make me a custom flat top, that would be awesome.

Yes, they about riughly 38mm od.
40mm is too large. And 35mm is the closest and those two sizes I can get coils for as this is for enails set up. Not torch. 36mm would need a ride custom coil which I'm trying to avoid.

Keeping an eye on your progress, this interests me greatly.
Sounds like that Joe Halen angle could be good.
Coil source for the custom bucket? (Disorderly?)

$16 and even if the Augusthaus coil and shroud don't fit, I get an extra bubble cap and quartz insert.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/3mm-...artz/405871109.html#s1-13-1b;searl|0475416767

This one is just a tad larger. I have both on order to test with the Augusthaus custom coil and shroud to see how they fit. https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-arrival-3mm-thick-xxxl-quartz-banger/405226920.html

I haven't verified but the old ligers were purported to be 38mm OD with an inner diameter of 30mm. A 35mm might be too small for the inserts if the walls are 3mm thick. That would leave an inner diameter of only 29mm. I may be hoping for a shipment whose tolerances are a bit towards the oversized. The 36mm banger looks like it might work.

As there will be no centerpost to secure the Augusthaus shroud, I am going to experiment with these to hold the shroud on the coil. As the coil is nonmagnetic, I will have to put one on the inside of the coil and another on the bottom of the shroud. They look to fit perfectly on the inside of the coil. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYU3SX8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That first one could be close, maybe a smidge small?
Not sure how you are thinking of setting up the magnets, as all the Ti parts are non-magnetic?

:peace:

alittledabwilldoya',
My tinkering is geared towards utilizing the Augusthaus custom coil I have sitting around waiting for its Liger. The magnet idea I had to hold its custom shroud won't work as magnets don't play well with heat. I have another plan in the works that might exceed the efficiency of the Liger while providing an all glass vapor path. I never liked the shroud anyways. It acts more like a heat sink instead of an insulator. The banger just has to fit a 30mm sapphire insert inside without blocking the airpath.

Those Ligers better ship before my slow boat from China arrives and I get it figured out.

The coil and titanium are both non-magnetic. Sandwiching the coil and shroud between two magnets holds them together and works great when it's cold. They just have this thing called a Currie point where they lose their magnetism with heat and neodymium in particular does not play well with the temps envisioned.

My thoughts are that the coil will make up for most of the shortcomings of Chinese quartz and thats in regard to function and not how pretty the joints are. This store makes em to any specs you want. https://www.dhgate.com/product/quar...-for/395698661.html#s1-10-1b;searl|1201998813

Last edited:

sarkunit

I like where people are going with the idea of using our inserts inside classical bangers. After much experimentation I believe that the key to great dabs is heating a pool of oil and not having a thin sheet of oil spread out. I have been dabbing out of a twenty mm double thick walled banger, torch powered, over my liger simply for effect. I love the flavor of the liger thirty, but with experience the hits cannot compare in volume, effect, or efficiency to this simple setup, and that enrages me. I do large dabs (.1+) and I can see no reason for the small 20 banger to be out producing the liger even at low temps, but it does. I believe it has to do with the physics going on. It is better to boil than fry, perhaps?

After a 40 second wait, I drop in the dab and cap with a 5 dollar chinese bubble cap, and watch that beautiful pool bubble and squeak under the wind. I get the full .1 in one large hit a and a tiny gasser, with decent flavor and a powerful long lasting effect. My cue tip comes out clean on the second or third tip with the banger, and I need four full tips ( 2 swabs) to clean the liger with the same sized dab. With the liger that same dab takes 2 to 3 hits at 630, sweet tasting and not too airy, but lacking the punch and overall effect of the banger hit. This leaves me feeling like I had an experience, but really sometimes I just want to get medicated and I'd like my Cadillac to be able to get out of 3rd gear so I can fly. I should not be choosing a torched banger over my 300 dollar setup time after time.

Many people on here talk about how the 20 mm liger is just "better" than the thirty. I bet it is, and I bet I know the reason (at least empirically). When you dab off the 30 liger you are convection dabbing. The oil is thin with a high velocity turbulent air layer above and in the presence of sub 1 atm pressure. The oil experiences a large delta T over it's closed system. In a deep well situation like a 20 mm liger of a banger the oil is thick, meaning there is a complex fluid situation going on in the oil as a closed system. As the air stream from the bubble is introduced you gain circulation of the oil within itself, lots of dynamics, and a different pressure model all together.

With the boil model the oil vaporizes at many temperatures in the same environment. You have the high temp wall situation where it is sublimating, and then a dynamic delta T zone that goes right to the ambient air temperature at the air/oil interface. All the possible vaporization temperatures are held in this model, giving all expressions at the same time. With this in place, I think the idea of using deep and narrow SiC and Sapphire inserts inside of a heat cradle (banger, liger, who cares) with dynamic temperature control would be ideal.

I suggest we get serious about this. The field needs to move forward, and I am starting to think that no serious physicists are paying attention to the market.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Considering all the carb cap problems people have with the Liger, it's possible you're just getting a better carb experience with that $5 bubble cap?

Personally I feel that cooldown torch dabbing makes it easy to rapidly degrades the terpenes into various degradation byproducts which adds a noxiousness to the high, mistakable as a stronger stone. I reference this with the intense throat hit that comes with torched dabs.

With a torched banger that is constantly decreasing in temperature, many trick the nail by dabbing much hotter than they would on an e-nail, you almost have to to finish a decent sized dab on a torched nail. When nothing crusts on to the bottom it gives the illusion of a low temp dab, but that's simply because the nail cooled down before it had time to.

Have you tried using a K type thermocouple to measure the temperature of your dab surface in the Liger, vs the quartz banger and adjust accordingly?

Based on this recent comment below from you, perhaps you just enjoy a hotter dab? You mention it crusting up unless you dab at a temperature you feel is too low, which is why I mentioned flooding a banger yet still being able to wipe it clean.

I am using a 30mm Liger with a stretched high5 coil, tightened to the max, and the Obsidian insert. I like medium temp dabs, where the flavor to vapor density is at a elbow peak, but I have never had to clean my nail so much. It feels like the oil is just "drying" up and forming El Crusto unless I dab at 540, which is too low for me.

That said, I think I also used to get more stoned before the days of the Q tip tech. I don't think the vapor quality was as good as it is today, but the dabs were all probably a good bit hotter and definitely sent ya to the moon!! :zzz:

Baron23

I have a 20 mm V2 Liger and frankly have found no reason to upgrade to a 30 mm for my purposes.

I also have a D-nail SiC Halo and while I like it very much and am very happy with the product, I prefer the Liger.

My only thoughts are if Josh could learn to actually a business as a business, he could own the banger market. But as it is, if I was a potential buyer and read this thread, I would at least hesitate and more likely just get a D-nail (they actually deliver and have tech support).

Cheers

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Keeping an eye on your progress, this interests me greatly.
Sounds like that Joe Halen angle could be good.
Coil source for the custom bucket? (Disorderly?)
:peace:

I will keep yall updated as i move forward with this project. August from Augusthaus said he can get me 35mm or 40mm coil and i would think i would prefer his hybrid coils (barrel and flat) over DC's regular barrel coil. But i do have the DC 25mm and it fit the 25mm Halen Bucket perfectly. Im excited to use the Kubeone over the torch once it arrives tomorrow.

But ive been torching all weekend with both 20mm Sapphire and obsidian inside the Halen Bucket. I prefer sapphire much more over obsidian. I have gotten the temp down pretty good all weekend with the 20mm sapphire but i cant seem to get it right with the 20mm Obsidian. With obsidian, the vape is thinner and i get a larger puddle. I have tried dabbing at 550F and it didnt help but taste a bit burnt at first.

@releasethekraken - I wouldnt hold my breath on getting the Liger Air's first. Its still a mythical beast at this point since there is no real picture. If they had a final product, they would be showing it off like crazy now but they dont.

sarkunit

Considering all the carb cap problems people have with the Liger, it's possible you're just getting a better carb experience with that $5 bubble cap?

Personally I feel that cooldown torch dabbing makes it easy to rapidly degrades the terpenes into various degradation byproducts which adds a noxiousness to the high, mistakable as a stronger stone. I reference this with the intense throat hit that comes with torched dabs.

With a torched banger that is constantly decreasing in temperature, many trick the nail by dabbing much hotter than they would on an e-nail, you almost have to to finish a decent sized dab on a torched nail. When nothing crusts on to the bottom it gives the illusion of a low temp dab, but that's simply because the nail cooled down before it had time to.

Have you tried using a K type thermocouple to measure the temperature of your dab surface in the Liger, vs the quartz banger and adjust accordingly?

Based on this recent comment below from you, perhaps you just enjoy a hotter dab? You mention it crusting up unless you dab at a temperature you feel is too low, which is why I mentioned flooding a banger yet still being able to wipe it clean.

That said, I think I also used to get more stoned before the days of the Q tip tech. I don't think the vapor quality was as good as it is today, but the dabs were all probably a good bit hotter and definitely sent ya to the moon!! :zzz:
It may indeed just be because I like a higher temp dab, but I think the real important difference is the dimensions of the dabbing "chamber". The banger hits I am getting are q-tip'able and not too dark, in fact they are comparable to a liger dab that I hit for while trying to polish off. It might be that once the oil hits a certain state during the hit in the 30 mm liger that it stops vaporizing efficiently? The banger gets it to that state without a reheat. The flavor of the banger hit is good too, limited by the material more than the temperature if you get my meaning. That is why I have been letting the liger gather dust. I think i want a augusthaus quartz banger setup with a bubble, and give that a try. With a sapphire drop in insert that might be ideal.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It may indeed just be because I like a higher temp dab, but I think the real important difference is the dimensions of the dabbing "chamber". The banger hits I am getting are q-tip'able and not too dark, in fact they are comparable to a liger dab that I hit for while trying to polish off. It might be that once the oil hits a certain state during the hit in the 30 mm liger that it stops vaporizing efficiently? The banger gets it to that state without a reheat. The flavor of the banger hit is good too, limited by the material more than the temperature if you get my meaning. That is why I have been letting the liger gather dust. I think i want a augusthaus quartz banger setup with a bubble, and give that a try. With a sapphire drop in insert that might be ideal.

FWIW I find it much easier to keep my 25mm banger clean versus my 20mm in a barrel coil heated scenario. The 20mm had thicker sidewalls though.

invertedisdead,
I think I also used to get more stoned before the days of the Q tip tech.
My days of getting stoned won't return unless I embark on a significant T-break.

I'm mostly into it for the medicine recently which has been bred out of most recreational weed. CBD flower strains are more prevalent locally, but I occasionally see some concentrates from a high CBD strain. Creme Soma flower rolls around 14% THC with 12% CBD. I can rosin the flower or toss it in my Volcano if I must but sometimes I just add some CBD distillate to a recreational dab. But, I prefer the full spectrum aspect to get the full "entourage" effect. For me, CBD is like an oil and I am the Tin Man. The Liger is just a dressed-up medicine spoon that gets me to swallow the cod liver oil.

Last edited:
releasethekraken,

Gn0sis

^ This...

@sarkunit

I was very frustrated with the performance of my 30mm liger until I got a modified chadbroglass carb cap that created a perfect seal, had a restricted airflow and moved all the oil around really well... The AH coil helps a lot too.

Now, I'm always comparing the 30mm liger hits to my friend's Highly Educated Gavel V2 with Eternal quartz insert drop tek (heat up banger, and drop cold insert with dab inside to get up-temp effect) and I can't tell which is better... I just prefer the liger because it's more consistent.

All that science-y stuff you talk about is definitely possible with the 30mm once you get a good enough seal. The problem has always been that there are quite a few really good carb cap choices for the 20mm, while there are virtually none for the 30mm, so the perception is that the 20 is overall better... Just wait until you get the ideal cap for the 30mm.

Btw, I messaged Chadbro on Instagram to ask if he'd make a few caps angled how we need them and while he took about 2 weeks to reply, he says he's willing to do it... I'm definitely going to be ordering a couple extras as spares.

Last edited:

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
^^^ @Gn0sis

Do you have any pictures of that modified cap? And could I ask how much he wants for one?

Shrike,

JigMelon

Btw, I messaged Chadbro on Instagram to ask if he'd make a few caps angled how we need them and while he took about 2 weeks to reply, he says he's willing to do it... I'm definitely going to be ordering a couple extras as spares.

Were you asking for a few caps for yourself or for an FC order? I'm interested in one as well, and just want to know if I should reach out to him directly or not.

JigMelon,
"the Liger-AIR is still a couple weeks out if you ordered something else, it will be shipped out within 2 business days!"
-CCA710 on 4/20/18

Anyone else still waiting for those 4/20 non-liger orders to ship? Those "2 business days" are currently running just shy of a month for my order.

Last edited:
releasethekraken,
Reactions: Hogni

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The air has not shipped to anyone yet, some Tariff issues I think I read? But as always they will come eventually and should be worth the wait.
Hell, I was happy these Obsidian inserts came in!! These things hit great and swab so clean with that mirror finish! Below are the 30mm and 20mm. Both bad ass.

I have been using my 16mm Liger inserts in my Peak also lol.

GxzV5fE.jpg

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Since the 20mm insert itself is just abotu 17mm it will fit inside the AH 26mm Banger no problem but i think there is even a tad too much room, the 30mm AH Banger is too small for the 30mm insert...i THINK the best fit would be the galaxy 35mm Banger but noone did try out yet :)

JigMelon

Since the 20mm insert itself is just abotu 17mm it will fit inside the AH 26mm Banger no problem but i think there is even a tad too much room, the 30mm AH Banger is too small for the 30mm insert...i THINK the best fit would be the galaxy 35mm Banger but noone did try out yet :)

Thanks for the info! If there's a translucent device that fits a 30mm obsidian dish and i can get a coil for it for the HexNail, I'm in....

JigMelon,
Top Bottom