CCA Liger banger V3.0

Anon3200

Well, the specific heat of titanium is 523 (J/kgoC) while quartz is 730. That's less of a difference then I thought the however inner wall is like 0.5mm on the liger so the quartz is 4 times thicker. So the quartz banger would have 5-6 times the thermal barrier of titanium. Then consider that the heat transfer rate of titanium is 12x that of quartz (16 vs 1.3 W/(m×°K).

A quartz wall would be more thermally stable; providing more stored heat to a cooling insert but it would also be much less responsive.

**Edit**
Most of the quartz banger walls are 2mm thick which isnt very thick to suck a lot of heat. Any issue with heat would be with the insert not getting heated evenly cuz it does not fit the banger.

Anon3200,
Reactions: Gn0sis

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Not necessarily my lungs but the entire air path leading to the lungs. Ti vape is irritating and is a night and day difference between quartz. Quartz is smoother but a bit bland at times.

I also agree with @invertedisdead cuz it does. When you change dabbing surface, vapor flavors change. I'm speaking on experience.

Where did you get 0.5mm thick walls of the Liger? That shits almost 4mm thick. The dam ID is a bit over 30mm and the entire OD is over 38mm. 0.5mm thick if the entire Liger is hollow.

Anon3200

Hmm well, I don't see titanium having the ability to alter the chemical compensation of the vapor but it might heat or cool the vapor differently than glass.

I really think we are seeing more of the effect of changing insert temperatures. I like my 20mm, inserts but they will definitely lag with big dabs and I will cough from a laggy dab.

I am. I think it changes the vapor enough that nobody in this thread wants to dab off it.

How can we all admit that, but not that the vapor path could have some effect?

:2c:

Anon3200,

Anon3200

Yeah, I guess you are right dabbing directly off of titanium sucks compared to other surfaces. Something to do with the porosity of titanium? The vapor path will get coated and become less porous.

I also agree with @invertedisdead cuz it does. When you change dabbing surface, vapor flavors change. I'm speaking on experience..

Anon3200,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Yeah, I guess you are right dabbing directly off of titanium sucks compared to other surfaces. Something to do with the porosity of titanium? The vapor path will get coated and become less porous.

Correct but with more reclaim coated and being Vaped slowly with each dab. Your not escaping ti if it's in your path. That's just it.

I don't know about you but I don't want reclaim taste with my dabs. I prefer it clean and not coated .

Shooby,

Anon3200

Yeah dude, it's hollow. The inner bowl of the 20mm vaporbowl screws out. It's super thin. The 20mm insert uses 20mm coil around the thin metal and the insert goes inside. Whats the diameter of the insert like 18mm? No way is there 8mm of titanium between the 20mm coil and the insert.

Now look at the 30mm liger the outer side of the inner bowl get smaller where the August Haus coil goes. I'm guessing its also ~0.5mm thick. The top of the 30mm liger is thicker, maybe 4mm like you said. I'm guessing that is where they trimmed the weight to make the liger air.

Where did you get 0.5mm thick walls of the Liger? That shits almost 4mm thick. The dam ID is a bit over 30mm and the entire OD is over 38mm. 0.5mm thick if the entire Liger is hollow.

Anon3200,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Yeah dude, it's hollow. The inner bowl of the 20mm vaporbowl screws out. It's super thin. The 20mm insert uses 20mm coil around the thin metal and the insert goes inside. Whats the diameter of the insert like 18mm? No way is there 8mm of titanium between the 20mm coil and the insert.

Now look at the 30mm liger the outer side of the inner bowl get smaller where the August Haus coil goes. I'm guessing its also ~0.5mm thick. The top of the 30mm liger is thicker, maybe 4mm like you said. I'm guessing that is where they trimmed the weight to make the liger air.
I would nearly bet my life that it's not hollow. You think he is molding titanium? He is a cnc lathe and mill shop. Where is the welds if he's molding.

you think it would still be that heavy if it was hollow?

Shooby,

Anon3200

My 30 mm is currently in use but I'll show you pictures later. For now I will show the hollow inner bucket from the 20mm. The walls are about 1 mm in diameter.

The wall on the 30mm liger gets thinner behind the heat shield. The heat shield covers this up creating a hollow area out if two pieces of titanium. If you use the August coil then this whole area would be covered with coil and then sheild. It is only 4mm thick in the area above the insert.

Titanium is stronger then quartz so you can have thinner walls.

I would nearly bet my life that it's not hollow. You think he is molding titanium? He is a cnc lathe and mill shop. Where is the welds if he's molding.

you think it would still be that heavy if it was hollow?

Anon3200,
Reactions: Hogni

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Nice performance....but in the same way the waste of material hurts my heart :o :doh: :ugh:

Hogni,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
My 30 mm is currently in use but I'll show you pictures later. For now I will show the hollow inner bucket from the 20mm. The walls are about 1 mm in diameter.

The wall on the 30mm liger gets thinner behind the heat shield. The heat shield covers this up creating a hollow area out if two pieces of titanium. If you use the August coil then this whole area would be covered with coil and then sheild. It is only 4mm thick in the area above the insert.

Titanium is stronger then quartz so you can have thinner walls.

Yes, Ti is stronger than quartz. No one will argue that. And yes. The area where the coil goes is hollow. No shit! But where is the 0.5mm walls on the 30mm bucket as you mentioned? There is no 0.5mm wall surrounding the insert or bucket on the 30mm.

So you think the area where the AH coils wraps is the thinnest area of the liger? like 0.5mm thick?

Shooby,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Yeah bro. Maybe it's 1 mm thick but not 4mm as you claim. I'm happy to bet an insert on it.

Now your are getting more specific after the hollow walls assumption was incorrect.
I said the walls of the bucket must be around 4mm not a 5mm stretch of the bottom where you cant see. As the overall diameter is roughly 38mm. remove 29.5mm for the insert and 1mm for the tolerance. you have 7.5mm remaining which would be the walls that are NOT hollow!

**Edit**
If im not too stoned tonight using my all quartz set up thats killing the ligers in taste and performance, ill pull out my digi calipers and end this.

I dont need another insert i already have a few of.

Shooby,

sarkunit

I wanted to take a sec to state why I want a quartz walled carrier for my liger insert. I want that because the interface between cap and liger is atrocious, and also because I like the look. I don't care about the thermal performance of my bucket, because I control the temp dip by setting the temp a bit higher than I think I will need ( 610 for the .125's I do, because I like them thick), although a boost mode temp controller would be much better ( I don't currently have the money for the augusthaus because of life stuff). I also love looking at oil dance, and having it all sealed off by TI is at this point a turn off. Because I dab so often, I care a little less about efficiency and a bit more about effect and fun.

sarkunit,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Topside of the wall is just over 4mm likr 4.10mm-4.20mm and where it gets thinner is like either 1.8mm or 2mm and all solid and def. not hollow. I cant measure the thickness of the floor with the calipers. There is nothing hollow about the 30mm liger bucket.

No one is trying to sell you or anyone else on quartz banger over a Liger. I sure as hell am not profiting from this but spending a shitload to experiment. I am experimenting to find what i like and share with others that want to try or consider it. I know what i dislike now after having vaped at least 10 to 15 ozs of just sauce through my ligers. I, Shooby do not want ti in my vape path but i cant speak for others well, maybe a few i know that understands my ambitions. Am i saying the Liger is bad? No way. Am i saying they have bad service? 90% of the time they do. They took care of me quick as hell once with an issue within a week and that they will eventually come through months or possibly a year later on your order. As I am still waiting for my nipplegate resolution which is suppose to be the Liger Air. I bought my nippled and scratched up 30mm Liger bucket at new years. Its not only myself waiting 4-6 months for their replacement but quite a few others. Will i continue buying Ligers, probably to try. but I sure wont be dependent on their products for my oil vaping needs.

I will still use my Ligers as a change up even though i will have a bunch of bangers, inserts and coils. (24mm. 25mm, 30mm & 35mm buckets are my goal for now) I have a shit load of money invested with CCA. Plus, i can always use my ligers to clean the inserts when they get really dirty. When distill & ISO wont work. I just dont want to be dependent on them and have options as i stated.

@sarkunit The downfall about the quartz banger is that you really cant see the insert inside the bucket since its wrapped in a coil. I know what you mean tho. I will torch now once a day just to see it swirl around. I also agree with you on the thermal performance as that can be controlled to an extent with the coil. I highly recommend hybrid coils if you are using inserts. Its about almost a 100F difference from the middle of the insert to the wall with barrel coils.

sarkunit

Topside of the wall is just over 4mm likr 4.10mm-4.20mm and where it gets thinner is like either 1.8mm or 2mm and all solid and def. not hollow. I cant measure the thickness of the floor with the calipers. There is nothing hollow about the 30mm liger bucket.

No one is trying to sell you or anyone else on quartz banger over a Liger. I sure as hell am not profiting from this but spending a shitload to experiment. I am experimenting to find what i like and share with others that want to try or consider it. I know what i dislike now after having vaped at least 10 to 15 ozs of just sauce through my ligers. I, Shooby do not want ti in my vape path but i cant speak for others well, maybe a few i know that understands my ambitions. Am i saying the Liger is bad? No way. Am i saying they have bad service? 90% of the time they do. They took care of me quick as hell once with an issue within a week and that they will eventually come through months or possibly a year later on your order. As I am still waiting for my nipplegate resolution which is suppose to be the Liger Air. I bought my nippled and scratched up 30mm Liger bucket at new years. Its not only myself waiting 4-6 months for their replacement but quite a few others. Will i continue buying Ligers, probably to try. but I sure wont be dependent on their products for my oil vaping needs.

I will still use my Ligers as a change up even though i will have a bunch of bangers, inserts and coils. (24mm. 25mm, 30mm & 35mm buckets are my goal for now) I have a shit load of money invested with CCA. Plus, i can always use my ligers to clean the inserts when they get really dirty. When distill & ISO wont work. I just dont want to be dependent on them and have options as i stated.

@sarkunit The downfall about the quartz banger is that you really cant see the insert inside the bucket since its wrapped in a coil. I know what you mean tho. I will torch now once a day just to see it swirl around. I also agree with you on the thermal performance as that can be controlled to an extent with the coil. I highly recommend hybrid coils if you are using inserts. Its about almost a 100F difference from the middle of the insert to the wall with barrel coils.
I am starting to get good results with the liger using a huge 50 mm saucer cap. It seams to me that the biggest problem with the liger, besides the chambers dimensions ( I think deeper and narrower would be better, like a high walled 20mm or something), is getting a good seal on the banger. All saucers that I have seen are for some reason blown with a ring indent made to center the cap on any banger that matches the ring. The main problem with the liger is that it's wide 38 to 34mm outer rim is so non standard that NO one indents a ring to that dimension, so no saucer cap is really going to work great. The larger one just has a relatively flat surface, so I think that the interface gaps are small. If I could find a absolutely flat saucer cap at 50 mm with a 60 degree bend, I would be smoking instead of typing :)

sarkunit,
Reactions: Hogni

Anon3200

Where did you find the 50mm Saucer cap?

I get good seals with the 50mm DHgate bubble cap, the tsunami cap and the first generation Hurricane cap version 3.0. The current generation Hurricane fits the 20mm well, but on the 30mm there can be issues with seal if the vapor tube protrudes into the bucket. This can be solved by using the adjustable side on the bucket and adjusting it so its tight but does not protrude.

I am starting to get good results with the liger using a huge 50 mm saucer cap. It seams to me that the biggest problem with the liger, besides the chambers dimensions ( I think deeper and narrower would be better, like a high walled 20mm or something), is getting a good seal on the banger. All saucers that I have seen are for some reason blown with a ring indent made to center the cap on any banger that matches the ring. The main problem with the liger is that it's wide 38 to 34mm outer rim is so non standard that NO one indents a ring to that dimension, so no saucer cap is really going to work great. The larger one just has a relatively flat surface, so I think that the interface gaps are small. If I could find a absolutely flat saucer cap at 50 mm with a 60 degree bend, I would be smoking instead of typing :)

Anon3200,

Anon3200

Can you take a picture showing the internal dimension of the bucket and the external dimensions of the top and bottom of the inner bucket? I was going to do this myself but you can save me the trouble of locating my caliper.

The wall thickness would be the bottom OD - the ID / 2

Also, I never said the walls were hollow. I said they were thin and there were hollow areas under the standard heat shield. Hollow walls would be terrible for heat transfer.

Now your are getting more specific after the hollow walls assumption was incorrect.
I said the walls of the bucket must be around 4mm not a 5mm stretch of the bottom where you cant see. As the overall diameter is roughly 38mm. remove 29.5mm for the insert and 1mm for the tolerance. you have 7.5mm remaining which would be the walls that are NOT hollow!

**Edit**
If im not too stoned tonight using my all quartz set up thats killing the ligers in taste and performance, ill pull out my digi calipers and end this.

I dont need another insert i already have a few of.

Anon3200,

Anon3200

Clearly, you are pissed at CCA and I would be too if my Liger came with a nipple. I bet Josh would replace the nippled Ligers with Liger airs once he has caught up with the PRE-ORDERS. I don't see what he can do about it until he has replacement stock. Truth is I don't think they are making that much money over at CCA and I would not be surprised if Josh has to work another job. They are on Obsidian #200, I'm guessing the company only does like 50-60k a year. It's a very small niche market but it will grow on him if he can turn things around. I know the Hex nail girls have to work other jobs and I'm pretty sure August isn't able to support himself from the Kube/coils alone. It is nice that people are working so hard to bring these types of high-end specialty products to a market that has not yet been proven viable.

The topic of this thread is CCA's liger banger. I feel that it is a poor etiquette to fill up a thread about one product with its competitor products because you are mad over of your order. There are other threads about quartz bangers.

Also, you talk about not wanting to be dependent on CCA for gear. Seems strange to have a dependency on needing new gear. New gear is nice but a collection like yours or mine has plenty of backups. Just try to be patient...

When I was a kid in the 90's I had to wait 4-6 weeks for anything mail ordered. Now we are spoiled by free amazon 2-day shipping. Of course, Amazon spent something like a billion dollars on that automated robotic product delivery and fullfillment network.

I will still use my Ligers as a change up even though i will have a bunch of bangers, inserts and coils. (24mm. 25mm, 30mm & 35mm buckets are my goal for now) I have a shit load of money invested with CCA. Plus, i can always use my ligers to clean the inserts when they get really dirty. When distill & ISO wont work. I just dont want to be dependent on them and have options as i stated. @sarkunit The downfall about the quartz banger is that you really cant see the insert inside the bucket since its wrapped in a coil. I know what you mean tho. I will torch now once a day just to see it swirl around. I also agree with you on the thermal performance as that can be controlled to an extent with the coil. I highly recommend hybrid coils if you are using inserts. Its about almost a 100F difference from the middle of the insert to the wall with barrel coils.

Last edited:

sarkunit

Clearly, you are pissed at CCA and I would be too if my Liger came with a nipple. I bet Josh would replace the nippled Ligers with Liger airs once he has caught up with the PRE-ORDERS. I don't see what he can do about it until he has replacement stock. Truth is I don't think they are making that much money over at CCA and I would not be surprised if Josh has to work another job. They are on Obsidian #200, I'm guessing the company only does like 50-60k a year. It's a very small niche market but it will grow on him if he can turn things around. I know the Hex nail girls have to work other jobs and I'm pretty sure August isn't able to support himself from the Kube/coils alone. It is nice that people are working so hard to bring these types of high-end specialty products to a market that has not yet been proven viable.

The topic of this thread is CCA's liger banger. I feel that it is a poor etiquette to fill up a thread about one product with its competitor products because you are mad over of your order. There are other threads about quartz bangers.

Also, you talk about not wanting to be dependent on CCA for gear. Seems strange to have a dependency on needing new gear. New gear is nice but a collection like yours or mine has plenty of backups. Just try to be patient...

When I was a kid in the 90's I had to wait 4-6 weeks for anything mail ordered. Now we are spoiled by free amazon 2-day shipping. Of course, Amazon spent something like a billion dollars on that automated robotic product delivery and fullfillment network.
We were having a peaceful discussion between liger owners on how to use our inserts that we purchased through CCA before you chimed in. IF you think that is inappropriate, contact a moderator and they will help you censor us in a way they deem fair. I am not enjoying your feedback, nor tone. It is a free world, and you are free to post where ever you like, but you are not winning any fans here.

sarkunit,

Anon3200

Not trying to ruffle any feathers. I'm just saying there seems to be a small bias to me with the people who seem jaded by a transaction with CCA rather than disappointed with the performance of the products. I am a newcomer here though so I could be wrong.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG

I am filling this thread with his competitors? what is wrong with you? I am talking about his inserts in this thread. If its his inserts, its his products and not competitors. Am i not allowed to talk about the rigs i use with my liger cuz its not his products?

and how can you say im pissed when i stated the above? its like your trolling this thread.

Its not about being spoiled. its about advancing and adapting. Most do it or at least try it.

**EDIT**
Bias? How can you even jump to all these conclusions? i spent about $300 with CCA the past 2-3 months even when they owe me shit. I will buy shit from them in a month or two.

Is the company bad at service? Yes.. Do they have good quality products? They did until obsidian came out and they selling shitty machined polish inserts along with factory 2nd as new. So Not not really quality anymore. Do they make a good banger? absolutely which is why i have 3 ligers.

@sarkunit have you tried a mushroom style cap? Like the weirdeer or coojo? Those are the best caps for the liger 30mm.

Last edited:
Shooby,

Anon3200

I want to take back my comments about dabbing off of titanium sucking. Its been a few years since I dabbed off of titanium alone. Now that I remember... it was dabbing off of titanium or quartz without an e-nail that sucked compared to what I use today. Too many hot and hurty experiences.

Modern dab technology stems from the original Titanium Skillets that Hash Master Kut's sister was making way back in the day. Then came the glass and titanium nails and rest of the progression.

My first Enail was the flat nail option from Vape Code. This was back when I was buying QP's of wax at a time. I bought 5 of them from DHgate and sold them at cost to my friends. I tried the flat coil with a $170 SIC rig from DHGate but I actually preferred the Titanium nail that it came with. The dnail required a harder hit to prevent vapor loses. Sometimes I would put the sapphire disc on the China Ti nail. The flat nail was able to reheat and keep the vapor at a good temperature providing a smooth nice hit. The thinnish metal was less laggy for reheating than anything I have tried since. Of course, the stored heat of the ligers sapphire is way better!

I prefer bangers to nails for the lower splatter loses and the easier and more effective carb capping.

Anon3200,

Anon3200

Sorry if I went too far. It's just that when I hear comments like we can finally be free of CCA then it seems personal and not like an honest conversion about the merits of a product.

Peace guys?

Not trying to ruffle any feathers. I'm just saying there seems to be a small bias to me with the people who seem jaded by a transaction with CCA rather than disappointed with the performance of the products. I am a newcomer here though so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom