Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Scientists uncover why CBD offsets one of marijuana's big downsides

“It is well established that varieties of cannabis with high levels of THC and low levels of CBD are more likely to cause psychiatric side effects,” Hudson tells Inverse. “Our study identifies for the first time a novel molecular mechanism by which CBD may actually block these THC-related side-effects.”

Tranquility

If anyone thought we might get some help from the Trump administration for cannabis legalization, this makes it clear that we probably won't...

Trump Donates Salary to Support US Surgeon General’s Effort to Raise Awareness of Harm Caused by Marijuana

https://www.theepochtimes.com/trump...ness-of-harm-caused-by-marijuana_3100621.html
The headline does not match the facts in the article. Trump made a campaign promise to donate his salary to governmental agencies. This last month, he gave to the Surgeon General.

Why?
"The President recognizes the important mission of the Surgeon General to protect and improve the health of all Americans, including helping to tackle the opioid epidemic and raise awareness of the dangers of e-cigarette usage among teenagers and children,”​

While Trump is anti-drug and alcohol, he has not shown any animosity to cannabis as a legislative goal. We are not going to get any "help" from him. But, he's not attacking us either.

Edit:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...second-quarter-salary-to-the-surgeon-general/
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/promise/1341/take-no-salary/

C No Ego

Worried by weed vape pens? Here's why, when, and how to vape concentrate instead.

There is another substance you can still vape that's a world away from those pens: concentrates. This solid stuff (in the forms of live resin, shatter, or wax) gives you the whole natural plant compressed, terpenes included.
the first cart pen vape I tried it was so in the throat harsh and that was supposed to be the good stuff LOL... I guess folks coming from smoke only will not notice how severely harsh carts are to vape... maybe a pure honey cart would suffice but would cost a lot if not diluted down ... thanks prohibition for making THC the bad guy and creating a cost spike of massive proportions from that legality.. free the plant

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
For me, I enjoy a dablet in a CLEAN ceramic cart. Clean is the operative word. I especially like the Yocan Torch that mates with a glass device. Not ceramic, but very nice when CLEAN. I bought a passel of dual coil SS carts and swap them out.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Interesting Concept
Marijuana Reform Should Focus On Inequality

When regulators dictate who grows a cash crop, they can spread the wealth—or help the rich get richer.
Out of all the efforts to legalize cannabis, the state that seems to has leaned most heavily of social justice issues is Illinois. Having legalized through the legislature has dramatically improved the ability to design the program up front and intelligently address issues that are hard to address after the fact. I am hoping the Illinois legalization becomes a model for other states or even the Fed.
That being said we won't really know how well this works until after the law goes into effect, January 1, and we have some time to see what the results actually are. But clearly the effort is designed to address inequality directly and from the ground up (pardon the pun).

cybrguy,
Reactions: macbill

Tranquility

Not "news", but, even though we have 1/2 the country that have basically decriminalized (or better) cannabis, arrests are up!

One every 48 seconds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomang...tates-legalizing-fbi-data-shows/#48c420307e21
...There were more busts for marijuana last year than arrests for aggravated assault, burglary, arson, fraud, disorderly conduct or sex offenses, among other crime categories....​

Top Bottom