Cannabis News

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It would be nice if vendors of edibles and liquids would indicate on their packaging if they are using any kind of nano technology. Like GMO foods, many users are not yet (and probably shouldn't be) comfortable with the rapid uptake of these efforts to speed the buzz of edibles. I really think there should be more research before these technologies become commonplace.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
It would be nice if vendors of edibles and liquids would indicate on their packaging if they are using any kind of nano technology. Like GMO foods, many users are not yet (and probably shouldn't be) comfortable with the rapid uptake of these efforts to speed the buzz of edibles. I really think there should be more research before these technologies become commonplace.
I’ve noticed that here in Maine medical providers are adding “no vitamin E or PG added” to descriptions of carts.

It would be more helpful if a. we could be sure that’s true and b. we knew if either of those substances were the culprit. A step in the right direction though.

Planck

believes in Dog
I’ve noticed that here in Maine medical providers are adding “no vitamin E or PG added” to descriptions of carts.

It would be more helpful if a. we could be sure that’s true and b. we knew if either of those substances were the culprit. A step in the right direction though.

Well it's not from PG.

blackstone

Canberra laws legalising cannabis breach international law, United Nations warns

The ACT Government has hit back at warnings from the United Nations that legalising cannabis will breach international law, telling the body to instead look at the United States and Canada where the laws go further.....

........The ACT Government says the legislation — taking effect on January 31, 2020 — is "the will of the people".....

......"Many countries do feel very strongly about this, so whilst [some] countries — the United States, Canada, Australia potentially, Uruguay, the Netherlands — are allowing cannabis use, the vast majority of the 200 countries are not in agreement with this....

....."How this rolls out is going to be very interesting because it could see a fraying of the international agreement."

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Maybe. I know that I try to avoid buying anything at the supermarket that is labeled on the packaging as "Non-GMO" or "Organic".

Ramahs,
Reactions: macbill

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Vape injury update: CDC confirms vitamin E acetate as ‘very strong culprit’
https://www.leafly.com/news/health/...irms-vitamin-e-acetate-as-very-strong-culprit

It must be so painful for the government to admit that THC wasn't the issue. Of course, by saying vitamin E is a "very strong culprit", they do still leave the door open... this way they can save a little face, maintain a few bans in some states, and carry on with their shithole propaganda.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Pot or not? Busts highlight growing confusion over hemp
New York City police boasted on social media this week about what seemed like a significant drug bust: 106 pounds (48 kilograms) of funky, green plants that officers thought sure seemed like marijuana.

But the Vermont farm that grew the plants and the Brooklyn CBD shop that ordered them insisted they’re actually industrial hemp, and perfectly legal. And, they said, they have paperwork to prove it.

C No Ego

Pot or not? Busts highlight growing confusion over hemp
New York City police boasted on social media this week about what seemed like a significant drug bust: 106 pounds (48 kilograms) of funky, green plants that officers thought sure seemed like marijuana.

But the Vermont farm that grew the plants and the Brooklyn CBD shop that ordered them insisted they’re actually industrial hemp, and perfectly legal. And, they said, they have paperwork to prove it.

they arrested the guy coming in there to show them it was Hemp ! I guess he has a conviction record now

Tranquility

I think the claim is, pot is not considered bad solely because of a PR campaign.
:\

https://spectator.us/big-dope-marijuana-benefited-slickest-pr-campaigns/
Concluding:
As the legalizers seek to extend their many triumphs, the comparison they dread most is the one with Big Tobacco, once as all-conquering as Big Dope but now at last in retreat. Yet their product also ruins the lives of users and their families. And it kills. Often very terribly. Will this realization come too late to save us from a grave mistake?
Edit:
But, wait! There's more!
https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/second-thoughts-on-pot/
While a lot of the negative-biased article is science based on studies we've read (But, dismissed for some reason.), there is a bit of anecdotal "evidence" that illustrates the focal point:
UPDATE: A reader writes:

I’m a reader of your blog and an ER doctor, now in [small town] but trained and worked primarily in [major city]. I read your post on marijuana and psychosis/violence just before starting my night shift tonight, and my first patient (in [small town], mind you) is a psychotic young woman who recently assaulted her fiancée with a broken shard of mirror. [The patient tested negative for every drug but cannabis.] I can attest that this is quite common.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom