Canada to legalize in Spring 2017!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I bought my first legal cannabis today just so I could have the experience. I got me some Moonbeam:

2vi3t5i.jpg

The menu had a lot more selection than the store did. I've never heard of this strain but Leafly has an entry for it. It's pretty high THC ha ha ha. It says "Grown by Canadian LP Leafs By Snoop" and there's an LBS logo, but mine also has a Tweed Inc. label. I think they're the same somehow, maybe a licensing arrangement? It's sugary but there's more leaf in there than I'm used to. I like a denser bud as well. In the Milaana, it's tasty enough and the effects are there for sure. I'm travelling so I don't have my scale, but it looks close enough to 3.5 g for me. Price was $44 CDN, or $12.57/g. I can still get better prices and a much better selection on the black market, although I have no complaints about this deal.

I think the legal channels will sort themselves out over the next few months and prices will start to be competitive with the black market. The advantage I can see to the stores (if they pull it off) will be a somewhat consistent menu.

ginolicious

Well semi impressed.

My redecan BEC bud looks super nice and I got about a gram.

The altavie campfire that I really wanted cause it was a higher cbd they gave me a half gram on a gram. You gotta be fucking kidding me? I waited 2 weeks to get undercut? Are you fucking serious Ontario?

I agree though. Having the same section available will be nice. Especially since I been leaning towards higher cbd. But damn. $14 a gram for the smallest bugs and a shit Count did not make me happy.

Edit:

I’m impressed. Just vaped campfire by altavie. Great buzz. Had a good 6 hits out of my Haze Square. 4.42% THC and 6.86% CBD. really feeling the high. Wouldn’t mind a tad higher cbd on the next strain. This shit was almost $14 a gram. Wonder how the burn out will be and if I pass out.

Had a thought regarding legal pot, We need to buy legal pot. Cause if Trudeau gets kicked out. New government can make it illegal again. But if the government makes a shit ton off the sales like beer and shit, they won’t make it illegal again. On April 2019 we will have actual shops. I was just thinking about it. But gray market could hurt us. Yes it would be hard to overturn. But it’s not impossible. Laws can change all the time. Government needs to make money. If we lose it. We lose the liberties with it. He’s i am semi anti government. But I would love to keep something I love.

Last edited:
ginolicious,
Reactions: macbill

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I was reading a item on Straight Cannabis and the under weight issue seems to be prevalent country wide.

hans solo,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
I was reading a item on Straight Cannabis and the under weight issue seems to be prevalent country wide.

That's what happens when you start stockpiling bud a year in advance of legalization...
I am sticking with my ways of procuring the herb and in a few months will be legally growing 5 plants again! Cannot wait to have a clean supply of pure, organic bud again!
I also cannot believe that anyone in their right mind would pay $60 for 3.5g of Pink Kush either...

And on another note Quebec's dispensary will now be CLOSED three days a week until the shortage is sorted out, this is "To better serve our clients". LOL!

ginolicious

I did not stock up. But I like their stuff. Had to try it. There are other ways of getting your dope if you read the Cannabis Act. So if you keep that in mind, this is all a very lovely thing. If you are inclined in the garden.

ginolicious,

chimpybits

^Yep. Glad I stocked up, though I'm still looking forward to a legal store opening in Van. Official packaging in the interim is a good idea. Hoping the packaging is reduced over time. :ugh::disgust::mental:
EDIT:
I bought my first legal cannabis today just so I could have the experience. I got me some Moonbeam:

2vi3t5i.jpg

The menu had a lot more selection than the store did. I've never heard of this strain but Leafly has an entry for it. It's pretty high THC ha ha ha. It says "Grown by Canadian LP Leafs By Snoop" and there's an LBS logo, but mine also has a Tweed Inc. label. I think they're the same somehow, maybe a licensing arrangement? It's sugary but there's more leaf in there than I'm used to. I like a denser bud as well. In the Milaana, it's tasty enough and the effects are there for sure. I'm travelling so I don't have my scale, but it looks close enough to 3.5 g for me. Price was $44 CDN, or $12.57/g. I can still get better prices and a much better selection on the black market, although I have no complaints about this deal.

I think the legal channels will sort themselves out over the next few months and prices will start to be competitive with the black market. The advantage I can see to the stores (if they pull it off) will be a somewhat consistent menu.
- Just did a search: (actually to see where you're located pak ;):wave:)

LBS = Leafs by Snoop ? - although Canopy's recent news release refers to other things
How much does legal weed cost in Ontario? As little as $7.50 a gram
"A brand called LBS is apparently an abbreviation of Tweed’s Leafs by Snoop line from rapper Snoop Dogg".

Canopy Growth Introduces LBS Brand to Canada news release
"Canopy Growth is pleased to announce the launch of a new brand for the recreational market in Canada, LBS (pronounced "L-B-S"). The Company has established a curated and world-recognized family of brands, both in-house and through partnerships with icons in the cannabis space. LBS is the latest exciting addition to join the family.

The LBS brand slogan -- "Worth Its Weight In Gold" -- is a reference to the care and quality put into the brand's products and also to its roots in California, the Golden State. The company name is also a nod to the shorthand for pounds. In addition to positioning itself as the gold standard in the cannabis industry, LBS will focus on embracing diversity and inclusiveness throughout all brand messaging and Company initiatives. LBS will offer a wide variety of cannabis strains and products, including flower, softgels, oil, and pre-rolls, that will be available in select stores across Canada as of October 17, 2018."

- Also, leafly
What is Moonbeam? Grown by Canadian LP Leafs By Snoop ...

Last edited:

hans solo

Left coast Canada
This forum could be a incredible source of information on suppliers and product that our provincial overlords are selling us. Should make for a very competitive marketplace.

hans solo,

chimpybits

This forum could be a incredible source of information on suppliers and product that our provincial overlords are selling us. Should make for a very competitive marketplace.
I'm not sure about that...? There isn't much discussion here of buying cannabis.
Also, Rules: No discussion of selling drugs or looking for buyer/seller contacts.
On the other hand, mj's legal here and in the Rules: FC does not condone any illegal activity. You are responsible for knowing your local and national laws and the legality of your actions.
- probably none of this is for me to say as I'm not a mod etc - but I've been wondering about this very thing lately...

Last edited:
chimpybits,
Reactions: hans solo

hans solo

Left coast Canada
It seems the Canadian members have been sharing their experiences of the legal herb purchase process.
I just want to to access the best quality product that my buck will get in my region.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm not sure about that...? There isn't much discussion here of buying cannabis.
Also, Rules: No discussion of selling drugs or looking for buyer/seller contacts.
On the other hand, mj's legal here and in the Rules: FC does not condone any illegal activity. You are responsible for knowing your local and national laws and the legality of your actions.
- probably none of this is for me to say as I'm not a mod etc - but I've been wondering about this very thing lately...
No worries about discussing legal transactions. ;) @pakalolo wouldn't have posted above if that were a concern. Carry on.

:peace:

ginolicious

OCS is still behind on shipping. I’m thinking about placing my second order soon as I get the feeling it’s not going to ship for a few weeks. I’m probably gonna be finished this batch real soon. Probably order more this time around to avoid his problem.

ginolicious,

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Let’s hope this doesn’t become a pattern of government store first private a little later!

hans solo,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
If you don’t mind sharing your province, what are the sizes/prices like once taxes & all have been added where you live? I’m just tickled your civilised society hasn’t exploded in a violent orgy of reefer madness, not just because I love Canadia, but selfishly hoping that the UK Home Office will actually pay attention, adopt a more progressive viewpoint & stop the misinformation campaign. I do find it pretty funny how badly they underestimated the amounts needed to keep the nation lifted! Lol, exciting times for sure!

ginolicious

Anyone notice that the OCS menu has changed a bit? I went to place my second order last night and the bud that I wanted was no longer on the site. So then I searched for the bud I purchased the first time, one was still on the website but the other one I ordered can no longer be found. I really hope they put the bud back up on their site that they originally took off. One strain was real high cbd and very minimal thc, even the description had it compared to Cannatonic. Really wanted that and it’s no longer on the site. Sad day today.

Gonna try the SOLEL brand. $31 for an eighth. Ordered weed last time that was $13 a gram and I found the weed that was $9 a gram to be much better.

ginolicious,

hans solo

Left coast Canada
When I was buying on the grey market the store always had 12-15 strains just not the same ones each week.
After picking up 4 grams of a strain on Saturday and liked it I would go back and get 10 or 20 more grams on Sunday. My preferred strains like Bruce banner and platinum girl guide cookie would sell out quick. The part of legal herb that I’m liking are the local product reviews starting to pop up on you tube. They should help in making informed product selection.

hans solo,

ginolicious

I’m yet to see any reviews. I’m curious as to what I just bought again.

Safebud.wiki is a nice place that reviews all cannabis bought from the licensed sellers. It’s user reviews. Anyone can review. They do not have any strain that I vaped. So maybe I’ll add a review about taste and high. Maybe give it a look over prior to selecting a strain. Some of the strains listed are clearly not sold anymore. But that is expected. Could be a decent reference point before purchasing.

Last edited by a moderator:
ginolicious,
Reactions: hans solo
Top Bottom