Canada to legalize in Spring 2017!

Any BC people know what the url for online sales is? I can’t seem to find one as of yet. I’m not planning on making a purchase but want to peruse the website to see what’s available in these early days. Only 11 hours to go on this side of the country!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'd like to congratulate all of our Canadian members on this wonderful occasion. Let's hope the rest of the world pays attention and follows in your lead soon.

shutterstock-602749145.jpg

Oh Canada!

:peace:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thcdelivery.ca is a legit online retailer now.
I don't think so man ... at least nothing on their web site indicates that ... nor the list of published places where one will be able to buy in each province ...

I'm guessing since there will be huge shortfalls in supply (at least that's what's expected), and since they haven't gotten around to regulating edibles nor concentrates, the grey market will continue to thrive; sales might actually go up in some respects! The prices I saw on the one site up already were in the $12-$15 range / g. $100 quarters on there!

Prices seem to be inline with what LP's are charging + about 10-30% + the additional 10-12% excise tax.

I'm already paying I guess ~20-40% more buying from an LP vs mail order ... once it's in the range of 60-100% more than what one can get of quality from a MoM ... I can't see that being feasible. People will pay more for consistent, tested, reliable product (for the most part), but there is a limit ... and that would typically be in the 10-30% range I would expect ... much beyond that and it's just too much.

Just my 2 cents.

I got an e-mail earlier in the week from Broken Coast, saying my cost / gram was going up essentially 10-11% because of the cannabis excise tax (passing it on to their customers since they have no control over it but encourage their customers to sign petitions etc ... :lol: ...)

Hats off to Aurora though ... they have a price of $9/gram across the board, which is reasonable for the quality and consistency and non-gamma irradiated nor e-beam sterilized ... pesticide free ... I've been very happy with their Ghost Train Haze which is my staple anyways ...

So I was very worried Aurora would be jacking their price too ... but got an e-mail from them today indicating they would be absorbing the excise tax, and even indicated they hope to share additional benefits exclusive to medical patients as well in the coming months :) ... much better ... especially considering how much they stand to make in the rec market! Least they can do is subsidize medical patients increasing costs due to unfair taxation ...

Way to go Aurora and shame on you Broken Coast!!!!

ginolicious

I should be asleep right now. It’s 1:16am. But what a time to be alive.

Also I did receive an email from thcdelicddy stating that they registered and are now deemed an LP. So I dunno if that was bullshit. I’ve used them a few times and they offer great stuff. Personally I’ll still
Be getting it from my dispensary in Hamilton. Always good stuff and knowledgeable staff there.

chris 71

Regarding the new tax and some LP s deciding to cover the cost for there med patients out of the goodness of there hearts lol

Lets not forget they are selling there cannabis to the rec market at a wholesale price .

The med market for them means no middle man . medical patients buy directly from them .

The prices i seen looking at the ontario cannabis store are not higher then what the medical patients pay . one example being tweeds lemon skunk at just over 13 bucks a gram tax in i think it it is comparable to the 12 dollars a gram before tax that the med patients pay now . unless you qualify for some compassionate pricing.

Anyway what this means is that having a direct market to there med clients cutting out the middle man and not having to sell at a wholesale price is ....

The med clients represent there highest profit per gam sale .

So ya dont let them make you think they are being all nice and helping the poor med patients . by covering the new tax lol

chris 71,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Regarding the new tax and some LP s deciding to cover the cost for there med patients out of the goodness of there hearts lol

Lets not forget they are selling there cannabis to the rec market at a wholesale price .

The med market for them means no middle man . medical patients buy directly from them .

The prices i seen looking at the ontario cannabis store are not higher then what the medical patients pay . one example being tweeds lemon skunk at just over 13 bucks a gram tax in i think it it is comparable to the 12 dollars a gram before tax that the med patients pay now . unless you qualify for some compassionate pricing.

Anyway what this means is that having a direct market to there med clients cutting out the middle man and not having to sell at a wholesale price is ....

The med clients represent there highest profit per gam sale .

So ya dont let them make you think they are being all nice and helping the poor med patients . by covering the new tax lol
Not saying its wonderful, but its better than broken coast.

Just checked the prices and less impressed now as well (OCS' prices are better than the first province site I checked, actually by quite a bit).

Difference in price on my primary strain from OCS vs direct from LP is $0.52/g (if you buy in 15g increments from OCS).

Good thing they didn't pass on the 10.4% cannabis excise tax to us or we'd be paying MORE than rec users! :lol: (saving about 5% as is ... not very much ... although also claim it on my taxes so that gets me back another 10-20% on everything but the first $1,000 ... ie. 11-11.5 months of the year are tax deductible by the time I account for other medical expenses!

JCat,

ginolicious

I was just browsing the osc site for shits and giggles. I’m having difficulty finding a high CBD strain. I do not like high THC content anymore as it raises my anxiety way to high and I think I’m dying. Lol. Them sativas get me. Anyone know if there is a sort option or something?

ginolicious,
Top Bottom