I still can't get along with my Firefly 2 no matter what with flower, I see the discussion above re: one-hitter status. If I'm okay with needing to recharge it relatively often and the warm up time (I really just want a semi-portable vaporizer in case I want to sit around the firepit without running an extension cord for my Cloud EVO), any reason I shouldn't go with a CFV?

jirodreamsofbooty,

Cl4ud3

I still can't get along with my Firefly 2 no matter what with flower, I see the discussion above re: one-hitter status. If I'm okay with needing to recharge it relatively often and the warm up time (I really just want a semi-portable vaporizer in case I want to sit around the firepit without running an extension cord for my Cloud EVO), any reason I shouldn't go with a CFV?
No reason at all, it is a very nice little unit. The fact it won't cook you stuff until you draw is great and the heat up time isn't that bad tbh. Also it doesn't require a specific grind, specific draw and your first child to make it work is a plus :p

elykpeace

exVASted

Literally only con is the batterys not being swappable. The newer accessories for this thing are awesome but it works well with only the mp. Just chicken (chilling) around the fire pit myself .. felt like a dragon haha you won't be disappointed

Edit: no chicken

natural farmer

Literally only con is the batterys not being swappable. The newer accessories for this thing are awesome but it works well with only the mp. Just chicken (chilling) around the fire pit myself .. felt like a dragon haha you won't be disappointed

Edit: no chicken
While I agree on the swappable battery as I mentioned earlier, the fact that it has a three year warranty makes this a non-issue now that I think about it...

natural farmer,
Reactions: elykpeace

Milkytime

Pretty sure boundless said in a live stream they have never denied a warrentee request either. That's saying something because there was a guy that used his volcano to blow hot air through the bottom of his CFX and ruined the unit. He thought it needed that much "burn off" on new unit. So heck if they warrentee user error I'm pretty confident in their CS.

elykpeace

exVASted
Pretty sure boundless said in a live stream they have never denied a warrentee request either. That's saying something because there was a guy that used his volcano to blow hot air through the bottom of his CFX and ruined the unit. He thought it needed that much "burn off" on new unit. So heck if they warrentee user error I'm pretty confident in their CS.

Bout time to heat up the cfv. Dang I love this thing

Sad there isn't a live stream today. Bummer. Hope the boys are having fun in CO

elykpeace,

ice005

While I agree on the swappable battery as I mentioned earlier, the fact that it has a three year warranty makes this a non-issue now that I think about it...

I think someone mentioned in the fineprint that batteries only have a 1 year warranty on the CFV? They could be wrong though.

Sorry also if it's been asked but is the removable battery CFV coming out in Jan 2017?

ice005,

beefsupreme

I think someone mentioned in the fineprint that batteries only have a 1 year warranty on the CFV? They could be wrong though.

Sorry also if it's been asked but is the removable battery CFV coming out in Jan 2017?

#1 is correct, after a year you can get batteries replaced for $25 or they might just cover it.

Removable battery CFV is at the idea/design phase right now from what i understand on the livestreams. No timelines/dates yet. The CFV itself is just released and a removable battery would mean a full new design.

beefsupreme,

ice005

#1 is correct, after a year you can get batteries replaced for $25 or they might just cover it.

Removable battery CFV is at the idea/design phase right now from what i understand on the livestreams. No timelines/dates yet. The CFV itself is just released and a removable battery would mean a full new design.
Thanks! I was about to pull the trigger the. Stopped when in one of the Reddit threads someone said that boundless will give those that purchased the CFV discounts on their "new products in Jan.

Good to know about the $25 though sucks that id have to send it back as I live in Canada

ice005,

rozroz

I wonder how much this costs to make,
And how 220$ Is a logical price..
They seem humble guys, so it's interesting to know why.

rozroz,

sickmanfraud

Here is a link to the new Boundless website. http://bndlstech.com/media/manuals/CFX-User-Manual.pdf

This says 1 year warranty for CFX, there was no warranty listed for the CFV.

Re @OMGISH review I want to comment on the suggestion of the FF2 if someone needs to vape on the go.

I would say that by the time someone carries the FF@ and extra batteries they could carry the CFV and a battery pack. I would prefer not to have the added expense and extra weight of either. For the extra weight I would take a backup vape, still not a useful solution.

To really become a top selling vape BNDLS will have to do better than 20-24 minutes on a charge (or swappable batteries).

sickmanfraud,

beefsupreme

Good to know about the $25 though sucks that id have to send it back as I live in Canada

Fellow Canuck here too. Maybe the batteries wont be a problem - my 6-ish month old CFX is still super strong. Worst case maybe you and I bundle ours up in a few years and send it down :)

@sickmanfraud I've got the CFV manual handy here and on the last page it mentions the 3-year warranty.

ice005

Fellow Canuck here too. Maybe the batteries wont be a problem - my 6-ish month old CFX is still super strong. Worst case maybe you and I bundle ours up in a few years and send it down :)

@sickmanfraud I've got the CFV manual handy here and on the last page it mentions the 3-year warranty.
ill keep my fingers crossed too... just got my Black CFV... I'm holding off judgement as my first impression wasn't ...the best?

I looked at warranty and its as @sickmanfraud said... 3yr warranty but only 1 year on battery :s

ohmygodimsohigh

Re @OMGISH review I want to comment on the suggestion of the FF2 if someone needs to vape on the go.

I would say that by the time someone carries the FF@ and extra batteries they could carry the CFV and a battery pack. I would prefer not to have the added expense and extra weight of either. For the extra weight I would take a backup vape, still not a useful solution.

Ahh, good point. I wasn't thinking at all about battery, I was mostly referring to the on-demand part. For the people that like to take one hit and put it down for hours.

Thank you for the feedback!

ohmygodimsohigh,

ice005

What was underwhelming for you. This was an upgrade in my case

Short answer,
Battery, Build, Vapour (Explanations below but I figure for those that just wanted a synopsis lol.

Background Info:
Umm from what vape are you coming from to CFV?
I had the Arizer Air (my 1st vape which I absolutely love but the teeny bowl just wasnt doing it for me)
I have the S & B Volcano which is my at home device which I also love, but can't take on the go.
I (kinda regret this) sold my Arizer Air as I was mainly relying on the Volcano as the bags were bigger and

This is just my initial impression, Im planning on giving it at least a week of full on use before making my mind u[p fully.

The reasons I was underwhelmed are:

Battery Life:
I had a feeling I would hate the built in battery, with the Air, I could just carry extra 18650s and be on my way.
My 1st bowl on the device, I don't know what I did, but on a full charge, I got less than 15 minutes I would say before it was running low on juice.

Build: was compared to my Air, it felt of less quality? the Air feels solid, high end unit. I knew the CFV was made of plastic but this plastic feels.... light. I had a eLeaf Pico Mod with a Nyx attachment, which are way cheaper (though completely different types) the build feels solid, like it would take an accidental drop and survive. Now the lightness could be an advantage to those seeking it but for me, it just doesn't feel as good in my hands as say the FF2( the form of which I like) or the Arizer Air.

Cloud/ Vapor:
I know its also been repeated but it took me 3 bowls to figure out how to produce more than non-whispy clouds... I turned it to the temp I vape my volcano 190-202 C or 374 to 396 F, and the first rips... AMAZING flavour, zero cloud. took maybe until the 3rd hit that you could see wispy clouds? Not a cloud chaser really but I guess it was a drastic change from my Air and Volcano to minimal to non-existent cloud.

there are a few more things that i wasn't a massive fan of but those were the main ones... Im debating if I should've just bought the Haze 3 (was going to hold out for the square but then I got super impatient) or just bit the bullet and bought the Mighty at double the price.

Im going to try and be fair and not let my initial impressions impair my views and I am hoping the CFV will prove my initial impressions wrong.

ohmygodimsohigh

Short answer,
Battery, Build, Vapour (Explanations below but I figure for those that just wanted a synopsis lol.

Background Info:
Umm from what vape are you coming from to CFV?
I had the Arizer Air (my 1st vape which I absolutely love but the teeny bowl just wasnt doing it for me)
I have the S & B Volcano which is my at home device which I also love, but can't take on the go.
I (kinda regret this) sold my Arizer Air as I was mainly relying on the Volcano as the bags were bigger and

This is just my initial impression, Im planning on giving it at least a week of full on use before making my mind u[p fully.

The reasons I was underwhelmed are:

Battery Life:
I had a feeling I would hate the built in battery, with the Air, I could just carry extra 18650s and be on my way.
My 1st bowl on the device, I don't know what I did, but on a full charge, I got less than 15 minutes I would say before it was running low on juice.

Build: was compared to my Air, it felt of less quality? the Air feels solid, high end unit. I knew the CFV was made of plastic but this plastic feels.... light. I had a eLeaf Pico Mod with a Nyx attachment, which are way cheaper (though completely different types) the build feels solid, like it would take an accidental drop and survive. Now the lightness could be an advantage to those seeking it but for me, it just doesn't feel as good in my hands as say the FF2( the form of which I like) or the Arizer Air.

Cloud/ Vapor:
I know its also been repeated but it took me 3 bowls to figure out how to produce more than non-whispy clouds... I turned it to the temp I vape my volcano 190-202 C or 374 to 396 F, and the first rips... AMAZING flavour, zero cloud. took maybe until the 3rd hit that you could see wispy clouds? Not a cloud chaser really but I guess it was a drastic change from my Air and Volcano to minimal to non-existent cloud.

there are a few more things that i wasn't a massive fan of but those were the main ones... Im debating if I should've just bought the Haze 3 (was going to hold out for the square but then I got super impatient) or just bit the bullet and bought the Mighty at double the price.

Im going to try and be fair and not let my initial impressions impair my views and I am hoping the CFV will prove my initial impressions wrong.

Hi!
Was your CFV a pre-order unit?
Because the pre-order shipped with a faulty mouthpiece.

If not, what is your pull like? With the CFV, i get the best result by pulling it long and hard.

Milkytime

I agree your issue might be the mouth peice, have you tried the wpa and a water pipe I'll bet you will be pleastly suprized.

Milkytime,

ice005

Was your CFV a pre-order unit?
Because the pre-order shipped with a faulty mouthpiece.

If not, what is your pull like? With the CFV, i get the best result by pulling it long and hard.

Hi!

nope, double-checked it with the vendor who had just received it the same day yesterday. I picked it up today and I asked if it was the one with the faulty mouth pieces and its not...

I think its just a matter of figuring out a technique lol...something I was hoping to avoid so I chose not to go FF and went CFV.

My pull, for something that the professional reviewers seem to say is a super easy draw seems super forced for me? I try and do 10 second inhales though sometimes I will tap out earlier but maybe because my cheeks are tired sucking (the amount of puns I can come up with with that statement is sad lol)

I don't know but I may be packing the bowl too hard because I definitely have to pull hard to get some cloud.

(I am now starting... my 4th or 5th bowl with the unit), Ill try what you mentioned with

I agree your issue might be the mouth peice, have you tried the wpa and a water pipe I'll bet you will be pleastly suprized.

Ill give it a shot... i bought the WPA with it and have a bubbler I can easily attach... would I have to swap out the quartz you think or the wood walls should be ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
ice005,

sickmanfraud

Hi!

nope, double-checked it with the vendor who had just received it the same day yesterday. I picked it up today and I asked if it was the one with the faulty mouth pieces and its not...

Just to be sure your mouthpiece is not the problem with no clouds try putting your finger over the hole in the bottom. you can do this test with an empty and cool CFV. If the draw stops because there is no airflow you do indeed have a repaired mouthpiece.

sickmanfraud,

ice005

:\
If the draw stops because there is no airflow you do indeed have a repaired mouthpiece.

Just tried this... it goes from the feeling/ air flowing with it uncovered

With the intake fully covered by my finger if I inhale normal like above to severely if not completely restricted. If I try and suck I'm REALLY hard, then I think there may be air but I don't know if I'm just imagining it.

You can definitely hear a difference from unrestricted to restricted.

Any other potential tests ? Because now I'm paranoid it is older because of the perceived air while inhaling hard

ice005,
Top Bottom