ice005

Last edited:

blacksilversurfer

Hi
I received my cfv from vapefiend uk (I'm from uk) and my first impressions were not positive.
I don't usually pay much attention to burn offs but as I was doing mine and browsing the manual I noticed a ton of vapor coming off the bowl. ( mp wasn't attached) it was thick vapor and it wasn't stopping no matter what I done. I thought it was the wooden ring but I removed that and the screen in the bottom and vapor was still coming out. I was about 2 mins away from emailing vapefiend or boundless about this. But it all stopped. I let it run till the battery died and all was good.

I had my first bowl on 200 c and the hits did feel light and wispy but very flavorful. Not so much visible on exhale.
Then I thought it wasn't satisfying I need to try the max temp as I do on most my vapes. I was seshing while flicking through this thread when I read stickstones post about draw speed and how convection requires a little more tech.... boy was he right. I started hitting it for a lot longer that I usually hit my vapes but boy was I impressed. The flavor for me was very very very pure. I'm not sure if it's because it is a new vape but it tasted great. And another thing. It didn't make me cough at all. No matter how long my hits were. I'm usually a sipper and I hit my mighty cf and ssv in a similar manner. This one I need to take loooooonggggg draws but it's worth it. The long deep draws give me a deep extraction and helps with the browning of the herb.
Not once did the herb taste burned or even a little toasted. Lots and lots of terps.
I needed a portable convection to fill the hole in my collection I think I have now found it.

Oh yeah. The battery life wasn't the best. It's okay maybe because I was running it on max heat all the time but I got 3 full bowls before it dying on the 4th.a few times it had cooled right down and then heated up.
So my cfv is a a good vape so far. It is possibly my nicest tasting vape. It's been about an hour since my last bowl and I still have a sweet taste I'm my mouth.
:peace:

Chandler

i'd really like to add a portable convection vape to my line up. Told myself after Crafty, i'd never by a unit without replaceable batteries, but VAS is pressuring me....
@stickstones which vape do you prefer more? IQ or CFV??
@blacksilversurfer how would you compare the CFV to your mighty and CF?

Seems to me alot of people enjoy using the CFV at around 400 degrees then going up to max temp. and still experience great flavor through out the entire session... on both my air and Crafty i vape around 360 and rarely ramp it up. that zone is comfortable on the lungs and flavorful. i assume because of its convection nature, higher temperatures are neccessary for the best extraction? how is it able to retain such great flavor at such high temps? i don't enjoy the flavor of my air at the higher temps...

Last edited:

ice005

blacksilversurfer

@Chandler
I just got a brand new mighty rma this week due to the usual housing issues. I been without it for maybe 2 weeks and haven't used it for 3 or 4 weeks but....
Cf has super quick heat up time, clouds are as big as u like really the taste is good on low temp but it does lose it towards towards the middle/end of the bowl. Battery life is great I get 12+ 5 min sessions on temp 2 or 3. Size is perfect for me.
Mighty is mighty. What people say is true. taste is superb and lasts. Clouds are consistent throughout. Never taste burnt. Zero draw resistance. Bout an hour battery life.
Cfv I've only had 1 day but I've had plenty of bowls already. Taste is the best so far. Like I said I don't know if it's the new vape honeymoon that has me whipped but the freshness that gets retained when hitting is great. Heat up time is maybe 5 or 10 seconds slower than the cf. But it's still rapid.
For me the cfv produces the purest taste of the herb and retains freshness in a way that the others don't. But it doesn't make me cough so much. It's super smooth. It does require a bit more effort to get that satisfaction but for me it's not much of a problem. Different vapes need different techniques.
I generally like high temperatures and most portables I start at 200c . It seems the same with this vape too. I can tell already I won't be vaping much under 200c. I do think it has something to do with the full convection nature of the vape. My ssv is full convection and from what I remember reading, the heating element is a few hundred degrees hotter than vaping temperature...... because convection is just the hot air that's being heated it requires a bigger heater or more heat. Convection makes me cough less. I didn't cough much with the cfv in 5 or 6 bowls. The first bowl back on the cf and I was hacking up. But in a good way.

elykpeace

exVASted
The technique is getting better but Im still on the fence..

I too would be interested in this as I was thinking of buying the Mighty

Mighty is convection and conduction. Cfv is convection only (for now) chamber ring that is comming out is Stainless Steel I believe and it should add a significant amount of conduction into the mix. I'm not sure how great the battery life is on the mighty but I get about 4 bowls usually ran through twice on a full battery with cfv and about hour to charge it up with a 2.0A output power block. Black Friday the cfv should come in around 175-185 USD. Plus so many cool accessories comming in the next few weeks. I thought about the mighty but I'm happy I saved money and get to upgrade to cool features.

ice005

Cfv is convection only (for now) chamber ring that is comming out is Stainless Steel I believe and it should add a significant amount of conduction into the mix.

Any idea when this stainless steel ring will come out? I'm desperate for something that will make me adore the CFV rather than neutral

ice005,
Reactions: Alegre

elykpeace

exVASted
I don't understand....everybody was looking for a true convection portable vape since a while and you want more conduction now!

People are really difficult to satisfy!

I love the convection only aspect but it's nice to add a level of conduction if I wanted. Very versatile vape in this aspect.

blacksilversurfer

Adding conduction makes it easier and quicker to finish a bowl Imo.
Just my second day with the cfv and I've changed the quartz ring for a s&b dosing capsule. So far so good. It done what I expected added a bit more conduction and changed the taste. Also restricted the draw a bit.
I still have 2 rings to try. I got 3 different wood and one quartz in the pack. Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the wood rings? I'm guessing they are a little samey.
I'm really liking this vape so far. The only thing is the battery could be better. I got 11x 4 min sessions from a full charge before it hit 1 bar. So maybe I could have gotten 1 or 2 more. I typically need 2x 4 mins to kill a bowl. I was thinking about getting a powerbank but I think I'll leave this one at home for when I seek those ultra pure tasting sessions! I got a cf and a mighty if I need to vape away from home.

sickmanfraud

Adding conduction makes it easier and quicker to finish a bowl Imo.
Just my second day with the cfv and I've changed the quartz ring for a s&b dosing capsule. So far so good. It done what I expected added a bit more conduction and changed the taste. Also restricted the draw a bit.
I still have 2 rings to try. I got 3 different wood and one quartz in the pack. Does anyone know if there is a big difference between the wood rings? I'm guessing they are a little samey.
I'm really liking this vape so far. The only thing is the battery could be better. I got 11x 4 min sessions from a full charge before it hit 1 bar. So maybe I could have gotten 1 or 2 more. I typically need 2x 4 mins to kill a bowl. I was thinking about getting a powerbank but I think I'll leave this one at home for when I seek those ultra pure tasting sessions! I got a cf and a mighty if I need to vape away from home.

If yo got 11 sessions then you should be very grateful ad not complain . Mine almost always dies before the FIFTH session completes. If the first few are back to back I can sometimes start a sixth but never complete it.

sickmanfraud,

blacksilversurfer

I must say I did do two bowls back to back. Twice. 2 bowls for me will be 4-5 four min sessions. Then a fifth bowl from cold before it hit 1 bar. I still feel it's a bit weak and feel for those of u getting any less!
I haven't done any single bowls since I've had it. One bowl is never enough!
I wish the bowl was as deep as the cf....
A few times now when it has hit one bar it hasn't been able to heat up to max temp. It dies before it gets there.

blacksilversurfer,

Meach

I wonder if the guys at boundless or any other vape manufacturer have considered an extra usb port separate from the internal battery that you could run a separate power source...like run your unit of a powerbank while the infernal batteries are charging with a standard plug in..don't know the technical aspects of it but seems do able...just a random thought..

Last edited:
Meach,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If yo got 11 sessions then you should be very grateful ad not complain . Mine almost always dies before the FIFTH session completes. If the first few are back to back I can sometimes start a sixth but never complete it.

I really think you should get a RMA for your device. The more I read your figures the more I think there is something wrong with your cells. Capacity is on the low side with this device but it shouldn't be that low... That being said I'm not getting 11 sessions either...

I wonder if the guys at boundless or any other vape manufacturer have considered an extra usb port separate from the internal battery that you could run a separate power source...like run your unit of a powerbank while the infernal batteries are charging...don't know the technical aspects of it but seems do able...just a random thought

If the heater still peaks at 80W like the CF/CFX, that's a lot of amps for a poor USB port to service. Those on computers can't deliver such high currents unfortunately.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My experience is 9 cycles, I use mine (Swift in fact) for 3 sessions with 3 cycles each. My settings are 205 for the first cycle, 212 for the second and 220 for the third (with a stir). There is still juice in the battery but not enough for another session I think....but i need to try until depleted.

chronicjk2

Cool, looking forward to the live stream this week. Hopefully my WPA shows up before 4!

chronicjk2,

Likes2vape

Have any of the CFV pre orders received the CFC yet? Do they mention anything about it in the live stream?

Likes2vape,
Reactions: bellas

Cl4ud3

Have any of the CFV pre orders received the CFC yet? Do they mention anything about it in the live stream?
They don't ship till December 1st or close to that date from what was in an older stream, didn't hear any updates to deny or confirm this.

Cl4ud3,

sickmanfraud

Don't know if anyone is picking up any CFV s for holiday presents.

Puffitup (one of our sponsors) has the flowermate Swiftpro for 35% off ($142)

For those who pre-ordered the CFV something to think about...

If someone bought a 35% off Swiftpro and a CFC POTV intro for $72 they got the same vapes as the CFV pre-order for $5 less.

Just something to chew on when you can no longer chew on Turkey.

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom