elykpeace

exVASted
I switched strains and temperatures and I am more satisfied with the "vape experience."

How many sessions do you get per charge?

On my red cfv 3 sessions but I'm going to warranty that peice. The black I have gotten 5 sessions. Normally by the time I only have one bar I plug it in and u can use it while it charges if needed.

PuffItUp claims around 40 mins of charge. I'd say closer to 16-20 mins per charge.

elykpeace

exVASted
only 5 or 6 at a stretch :( my only gripe is the battery life. It does charge up quickly but I'm loving the CFX more for battery life.
Second rendition with have swap cells from what I remember Randall saying. Cfx deff is a boss in battery life. Has anyone been able to get that darker Brown cfx looking avb with the cfv? Even at 446 I'm unable to extract all I do with cfx.

elykpeace,

beefsupreme

On my red cfv 3 sessions but I'm going to warranty that peice. The black I have gotten 5 sessions. Normally by the time I only have one bar I plug it in and u can use it while it charges if needed.

Thats interesting that the two have different power levels. Are you counting sessions as one 4-minute heating cycle? I'm underwhelmed by the battery life I've seen so far on mine. It feels like they underspec'ed the battery, perhaps due to space considerations. I find the battery meter strange, it will report one bar left when i'm using it, but when i plug it in right after, it starts charging from 3 bars.

I'm a bit saddened because my CFV mouthpiece, even with the o-ring I had to go out and buy, is working sub-optimally. I was using it last night and really noticed the mouthpiece problem. I could hold my finger over the bottom hole and still draw air from somewhere. I was getting vapor, but at a low rate. I'm also underwhelmed by Boundless's response to the problem. Theres been zero direct contact from them to the pre-order group unless we contact them or ask on the Livestream. We had to figure out the problem on our own here, find a half-solution, report it to them, and now their biggest boosters, the ones who pre-ordered before any reviews were out, are behind the new retail purchasers this week with no shipping notices yet. If it was just an o-ring, Boundless should have been able to source the right one a month ago and put it in an envelope. I dont really need a full new mouthpiece I'd think.

I might be having election night hangovers too though. I just wish I had a fully working CFV.

beefsupreme,
Reactions: Meach
@beefsupreme in the past few live streams they addressed this concern with out people asking about it. This issue will be resolved this week too as the new mouth piece are finally in too. Also they will be announcing their new WPA for the CFV tonight hopefully

grantdaman,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
My post-update SwiftPro is air tight, can't blow in the mouthpiece with the bottom hole blocked. So hopefully you should get a solution soon.

For the battery capacity it's clear it's on the low side (1000mAh @ 2S, which more or less translates to 2000mAh @ 1S for comparison sake) We use 2500 to 3000mAh cells in the Milaana (@ 1S). With my usage pattern I get only 3 bowls per charge. So I expect the CFX/SwiftPro to be 2 to 2.5 bowls per charge, which seems to match what I experienced during my initial tests.

On the other hand it charges lightning fast, and in about 15 min you can get enough juice back in to vape some more. I wouldn't recommend using the pass-through charging capacity as even if it sounds tempting, we know it's bad for the cells, and the cells will be the Achile's heel of this vape. So in order to preserve their longevity I would avoid doing that.

So far with my limited experience I got best results by tamping gently my load, then doing very strong and long direct to lung inhalations. Everytime I got a small hit, I have to remember to draw harder. And when I do I get a large cloud afterwards. The vape creates the draw restriction itself, you just have to draw as hard and as long as possible an it keeps up.

To test how it handles, you can try blowing as hard as you can in the mouthpiece and put your finger next to the bottom air intake (beware not to burn yourself and don't do it for too long, this path is not supposed to be reversed and we don't know whether it could damage it) But when I did that I wasn't able to overwhelm the heater. I'm not known for having iron lungs though, so I'm curious about what you will find.

elykpeace

exVASted
My post-update SwiftPro is air tight, can't blow in the mouthpiece with the bottom hole blocked. So hopefully you should get a solution soon.

For the battery capacity it's clear it's on the low side (1000mAh @ 2S, which more or less translates to 2000mAh @ 1S for comparison sake) We use 2500 to 3000mAh cells in the Milaana (@ 1S). With my usage pattern I get only 3 bowls per charge. So I expect the CFX/SwiftPro to be 2 to 2.5 bowls per charge, which seems to match what I experienced during my initial tests.

On the other hand it charges lightning fast, and in about 15 min you can get enough juice back in to vape some more. I wouldn't recommend using the pass-through charging capacity as even if it sounds tempting, we know it's bad for the cells, and the cells will be the Achile's heel of this vape. So in order to preserve their longevity I would avoid doing that.

So far with my limited experience I got best results by tamping gently my load, then doing very strong and long direct to lung inhalations. Everytime I got a small hit, I have to remember to draw harder. And when I do I get a large cloud afterwards. The vape creates the draw restriction itself, you just have to draw as hard and as long as possible an it keeps up.

To test how it handles, you can try blowing as hard as you can in the mouthpiece and put your finger next to the bottom air intake (beware not to burn yourself and don't do it for too long, this path is not supposed to be reversed and we don't know whether it could damage it) But when I did that I wasn't able to overwhelm the heater. I'm not known for having iron lungs though, so I'm curious about what you will find.

Pass thru charging is in the manual and the battery does have a one year warranty so I'm not worried about it crapping out I don't use pass thru often but having the option to do so I'd nice.

@beefsupreme in the past few live streams they addressed this concern with out people asking about it. This issue will be resolved this week too as the new mouth piece are finally in too. Also they will be announcing their new WPA for the CFV tonight hopefully
they only.addressed it after FC addressed it first. They were able to get units to puffitup and they shoulda taken care of the preordered people first. Also the new WPA accessory is great but I'm sure we won't see it for a LONG time. Still waiting on cfc.. still waiting on the new site (it's their product and u can't buy it from them directly? Still waiting on the mp. Waiting games are no fun. Just look at the iq pre sale people haha

elykpeace,

Cl4ud3

The wpa for the CF/CFX fits the CFV and SP.
I think they are referring to the new Boundless Bubbler thing, built in WPA and glass but it only fit's the CFV currently - I think they wanted it to fit the CF/X too before it went on sale.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: grokit

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think they are referring to the new Boundless Bubbler thing, built in WPA and glass but it only fit's the CFV currently - I think they wanted it to fit the CF/X too before it went on sale.

Gotcha...thx. Since the mouthpieces are interchangeable, I would think the wpa would be as well, right?

stickstones,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

Cl4ud3

Gotcha...thx. Since the mouthpieces are interchangeable, I would think the wpa would be as well, right?
It should be, last week on first showing they tried to put it on the CFX but something didn't fit. The normal WPA fits the CF/X/V but this new one I'm not sure why it didn't. Maybe we will get more info tonight if the chat is on.

beefsupreme

Thats a good, and valid, point about the charging. I timed my most recent charge from when the vape was at one bar of power. It got up to full in 45 minutes with a normal cellphone charger. I was expecting it to take two hours.

Meach

Don't know if this has been answered..but can you vape a bowl without the wood/glass ring in the chamber? and if u can how does it affect the flavor/vapor production. thanks in advance

Last edited:
Meach,

elykpeace

exVASted
Don't know if this has been answered..but can you vape a bowl without the wood/glass ring in the chamber? and if u can how does it affect the flavor. thanks in advance

It won't concentrate your convection airflow through your chamber without it I would imagine. Have you tried the arizer bucket instead of the wood or glass ring? I see some people like that.

elykpeace,

Meach

I'm torn between this and the cfx for my wife she is a glass murderer and terrible with moving parts..the rings would be lost or damaged within a week..she is also a cloud chaser..I personally am content with my fenix and solo for now..( I'll hold off until the removable battery cfv comes out for myself) so trying to decide what the better option would be..she couldn't care less about conduction vs convection..part of me says get the cfv..but my wallet says cfx and a pack or elbs is cheaper than replacing rings every month.

Justpassedu

I'm torn between this and the cfx for my wife she is a glass murderer and terrible with moving parts..the rings would be lost or damaged within a week..she is also a cloud chaser..I personally am content with my fenix and solo for now..( I'll hold off until the removable battery cfv comes out for myself) so trying to decide what the better option would be..she couldn't care less about conduction vs convection..part of me says get the cfv..but my wallet says cfx and a pack or elbs is cheaper than replacing rings every month.
Cfx for a cloud chaser . She will be happy with it and the screen is a nice touch .

mikee336

I have a bit of Mustbuythenewestshineytoyitis. Does anyone in here have both the CFV and CFX? or swift pro and CFX? I'm wondering if I'd be wasting my money moving to a CFV or SP from a CFX. I've noticed in their vids that they tend to lean more heavily on their earlier vapes over the CFV.

mikee336,

sickmanfraud

I have a bit of Mustbuythenewestshineytoyitis. Does anyone in here have both the CFV and CFX? or swift pro and CFX? I'm wondering if I'd be wasting my money moving to a CFV or SP from a CFX. I've noticed in their vids that they tend to lean more heavily on their earlier vapes over the CFV.

The CFV is my first Boundless product also my first convection vape.

The CFV takes about the same amount of medicine I would load into a Solo stem. If I vape at 210 C The majority of the active ingredients are vaporized after a single session of 4 minutes.

I don't see a vaporizer with 16 minutes of battery as portable. If I need to carry a second vape or a battery pack (to recharge on the go) it does not seem portable to me.

I guess if someone is always within reach of a USB charge option,, car to work to home it could be considered portable.

I actually have buyers remorse for not waiting until a CFV with user swappable batteries came out.

sickmanfraud,

elykpeace

exVASted
I got the cfx from puffitup before the cfv. It's produces nice vapor not as much flavor but I still have the old mp (waiting one the new one THaTS IN THE MAIL!!) So my cfv under preforms a tad. U can't get avb a tan brown color. Cfx dark brown avb.. the cfx battery life is awesome so I put up with the crap battery life on cfv and just use that if I forgot to charge it. I prefer the convection heat exchange the cfv provides (cfx can be harsh after a few hits) but battery life is a problem for the cfv. Not a HUGE deal since bndls had said they plan on the removable cells for ALL their units eventually and with the 3 year warranty I figure when it does crap out I'll have that nice upgrade. Can't wait for the SS chamber replacement!

The CFV takes about the same amount of medicine I would load into a Solo stem. If I vape at 210 C The majority of the active ingredients are vaporized after a single session of 4 minutes.

I don't see a vaporizer with 16 minutes of battery as portable. If I need to carry a second vape or a battery pack (to recharge on the go) it does not seem portable to me.

I guess if someone is always within reach of a USB charge option,, car to work to home it could be considered portable.

I actually have buyers remorse for not waiting until a CFV with user swappable batteries came out.

210 Celsius?.. i think the new mp will help evenly distribute heat withought having to crank it up too much. I like 377f to start but I find I can't get that avb dark brown like the cfx. Maybe just due to the fact it has convection and conduction it extracts more goodness from each load.

***Anyone with a new mp able to get dark avb from a temp under 400f?? And it might be a while but I know they will have a swappable cell unit and when trading in for a warranty unit I'm sure u let eRIc or Randall know they would hook it up. As far as I'm concerned bndls is the shit. Might have bitten off more then they could chew but I'm confident they really appreciate their customers and go above and beyond to right their wrongs. Yes the manufacturer sent units with a sub par o ring but they made it right which is more then I can say for a lot of other vape companies. taking awhile but at least they didn't just move on and leave us in the dark. Excited about the 22mm female attachment bub and micro bub and aluminum ring replacement and cfc.. stop teasin us!!!

elykpeace,

sickmanfraud

I could not find the answer to the warranty question on either their new or old website.

Fortunately it was in the CFV booklet, batteries are covered for 1 year.

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

mikee336

Thanks for the reply! I think I'll wait it out.

mikee336,

elykpeace

exVASted
I could not find the answer to the warranty question on either their new or old website.

Fortunately it was in the CFV booklet, batteries are covered for 1 year.

Yeah the battery is covered for a year the vape itself 3 (which goes for all the other bndls Vapes) and if after a year the battery craps out its 25 bucks. They said it on a live stream so that's how I know.

Top Bottom