beefsupreme

I tried this for a couple sessions but prefer to take the metal out of the MP and use the eq bucket as a hat.

I may have to try this one next. I've been finding the mouthpiece clogs up a bit on heavy draws. For your mod you've got nothing on the mouthpiece and just the hat sitting on top of the load in the oven?

elykpeace

exVASted
I may have to try this one next. I've been finding the mouthpiece clogs up a bit on heavy draws. For your mod you've got nothing on the mouthpiece and just the hat sitting on top of the load in the oven?

Yeah it works nice I'm hoping even better when the new mp arrives. The quartz/wood ring is still in and the bottom screen as normal.

Meach

I know this and the cfx are 2 different vapes but do any of you own both..and does the cfx produces thicker clouds than the CFV ...especially on the lower temps like 350-370f ..

Just Justin

@Just Justin They didn't say which vape it was, that is why I was very curious

Sorry but do you know if its a boundless product or could it be some other vape / brand entirely? Who is saying they found lead? I know if something has the RoHS symbol, then it has been certified lead free and free of 5 other hazardous materials...

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I don't really see these 2 vapes as comparable 100% convection vs 100% conduction, plenty of conduction units running around, not near as many convection in PORTABLE!

Replaceable batteries are more important to me than if a vape is conduction or convection.

I would prefer convection, but not willing to have a device with a limited lifespan.

Milkytime

Replaceable batteries are more important to me than if a vape is conduction or convection.

I would prefer convection, but not willing to have a device with a limited lifespan.

Well in that case did you consider the boundless CF hybrid? It's conduction and convection replaceable batteries and a 510 box mod on the other side so you can put a wax tank on or whatever.

I feel the CFV still is a great vape not many convection portables out there, thing blows huge clouds too really keeps up with your draw using a water pipe.

sickmanfraud

Just received mine a few days ago. I have to say I like it, but it does not meet all the hype.

I am getting good results, but I would not say huge clouds. Below avg clouds and only 16-20 min of vaping time.

Maybe my unit is defective.

I will spend some more time experimenting before I draw any conclusions.

So far, I am underwhelmed.

elykpeace

exVASted
I know this and the cfx are 2 different vapes but do any of you own both..and does the cfx produces thicker clouds than the CFV ...especially on the lower temps like 350-370f ..

Have both. Cfv has lighter more flavorful clouds cfx has the conduction and makes a more dense cloud.

Just received mine a few days ago. I have to say I like it, but it does not meet all the hype.

I am getting good results, but I would not say huge clouds. Below avg clouds and only 16-20 min of vaping time.

Maybe my unit is defective.

I will spend some more time experimenting before I draw any conclusions.

So far, I am underwhelmed.

I don't think your unit is defective. Normally on a full charge I get 4 or 5 of the 4min sessions. I got a power bank so I can easily charge on the go but normally after 2sessions throw it on the charger. I've tried diff strains at diff temps and I'll agree some produce very little clouds others tho are on point. I'm hoping when the second rendition of the cfv (replaceable cells) comes sooner then later so I can trade up when mine craps out. Try that basket mod in the chamber and see if u like it..
Personally I have my metal taken out of the MP and I use an arizer bucket on top of the chamber like a hat. I have a leaky mp so from day one been messing with it that's the way I like best until the new mp arrives.

Edit: predictive text is dumb

Edit:x2 try pressing the button 5 times to turn off the unit on your preferred temp so when u click 5 times it powers up onto that temp... Unless your using it back to back I think if u turn it off it conserves a little battery life and with one bar left if u plug it in and charge u can use it.
(impatient at times)

Just Justin

@sickmanfraud

I definitely have to run a higher temp to get comparable results to say my Crafty, that I typically run at 350 but the CFV I run around 400 and get similar color ABV but it's still no where near the density of the Crafty and takes long, slow inhalations for best results.

The draw resistance is also much more restricted with the CFV than the Crafty when the mouthpiece is sealed properly. When I got my CFV there was little draw resistance because there was a leak in the mouthpiece and the draw was nice then but I don't think it would be nearly as effective with the leak / lower draw resistance because it wouldn't draw the air up through the heater like it needs to. If your getting weak vapor, check your mouthpiece and cover the screen, take a draw and if you can still draw, then you need to seal the mouthpiece better and then try your CFV. I placed a Atmos Atomizer O-Ring around the Screen where the clear, stock CFV mouthpiece O-Ring is and that corrected the issue, so no more leaky mouthpiece. I'm not sure if Boundless has fixed that issue but I recommend checking that first and running a higher temp than your used to.

sickmanfraud

@sickmanfraud

I definitely have to run a higher temp to get comparable results to say my Crafty, that I typically run at 350 but the CFV I run around 400 and get similar color ABV but it's still no where near the density of the Crafty and takes long, slow inhalations for best results.

The draw resistance is also much more restricted with the CFV than the Crafty when the mouthpiece is sealed properly. When I got my CFV there was little draw resistance because there was a leak in the mouthpiece and the draw was nice then but I don't think it would be nearly as effective with the leak / lower draw resistance because it wouldn't draw the air up through the heater like it needs to. If your getting weak vapor, check your mouthpiece and cover the screen, take a draw and if you can still draw, then you need to seal the mouthpiece better and then try your CFV. I placed a Atmos Atomizer O-Ring around the Screen where the clear, stock CFV mouthpiece O-Ring is and that corrected the issue, so no more leaky mouthpiece. I'm not sure if Boundless has fixed that issue but I recommend checking that first and running a higher temp than your used to.

I have the new mouthpiece.

In fact, today while vaping I put my finger over the air hole on the bottom and there was absolutely no air entering the CFV.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

beefsupreme

I have the new mouthpiece.

In fact, today while vaping I put my finger over the air hole on the bottom and there was absolutely no air entering the CFV.

Thanks - this is good news to hear. Hopefully the pre-orders who have had units for a month now will get the updated mouthpieces soon (going in the mail this week I understand). Right now even with a o-ring I went out and bought I dont think its fitting and sealing fully.

elykpeace

exVASted
Thanks - this is good news to hear. Hopefully the pre-orders who have had units for a month now will get the updated mouthpieces soon (going in the mail this week I understand). Right now even with a o-ring I went out and bought I dont think its fitting and sealing fully.
One more week :/ hopefully after receiving I won't have any other discrepancy with the cfv.

elykpeace,

Just Justin

anyone can compare this with fenix vaporizer ?

I had the Fenix and it is definitely comparable to the CFV, more so than the Crafty compares to the CFV. In short, I prefer the CFV over the Fenix because it has a better build quality and it offers more much control over your experience.

I think the CFV has better flavor, plus full temperature range, a better mouthpiece, the removable chamber rings and it seems to heat up faster if I remember correctly. I thought the Fenix was a sweet little vape, especially because it was so cheap and I got mine directly from China for 80$ with shipping. The Fenix features a "boost" like mode that I think either increases the temperature slightly or adds conduction heat to the chamber but both the CFV and Fenix are full convection devices. The Fenix had a better draw and I could cover the air intake on the bottom of the Fenix and you could not draw at all but I can still draw slightly if I cover the CFV air intake. Also, the Fenix came with a Concentrate Can, so it was a dual use vape, although I never tried any Concentrates with the Fenix, so I cannot comment on it's ability and as of now, the CFV is only for dry herb. I definitely seemed to get more visible and thicker vapor from the Fenix but the flavor is not as good as the CFV, although it still is pretty good. The vapor is smoother on the CFV but may be because its thinner and less visible. I would recommend the CFV over the Fenix but if your looking for simplicity, then go with the Fenix and if you want or like to play around with temps, draw methods, different chamber rings etc then the CFV is your vape. Boundless seems like a great company and they are always introducing new goodies like a Aluminum Chamber for the CFV that will create much more conduction heat and they have a Waterpipe adapter, a chamber loading funnel, plus the unique chamber rings that offer a customizable experience. Hope that helps!

Cl4ud3

I had the Fenix and it is definitely comparable to the CFV, more so than the Crafty compares to the CFV. In short, I prefer the CFV over the Fenix because it has a better build quality and it offers more much control over your experience.

I think the CFV has better flavor, plus full temperature range, a better mouthpiece, the removable chamber rings and it seems to heat up faster if I remember correctly. I thought the Fenix was a sweet little vape, especially because it was so cheap and I got mine directly from China for 80$ with shipping. The Fenix features a "boost" like mode that I think either increases the temperature slightly or adds conduction heat to the chamber but both the CFV and Fenix are full convection devices. The Fenix had a better draw and I could cover the air intake on the bottom of the Fenix and you could not draw at all but I can still draw slightly if I cover the CFV air intake. Also, the Fenix came with a Concentrate Can, so it was a dual use vape, although I never tried any Concentrates with the Fenix, so I cannot comment on it's ability and as of now, the CFV is only for dry herb. I definitely seemed to get more visible and thicker vapor from the Fenix but the flavor is not as good as the CFV, although it still is pretty good. The vapor is smoother on the CFV but may be because its thinner and less visible. I would recommend the CFV over the Fenix but if your looking for simplicity, then go with the Fenix and if you want or like to play around with temps, draw methods, different chamber rings etc then the CFV is your vape. Boundless seems like a great company and they are always introducing new goodies like a Aluminum Chamber for the CFV that will create much more conduction heat and they have a Waterpipe adapter, a chamber loading funnel, plus the unique chamber rings that offer a customizable experience. Hope that helps!
Nice to hear from someone who has both but strictly speaking the Fenix is not 100% convection.

Cl4ud3,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hey guys, I know I could look it up, but what kind of rings do you get with the stock CFV?

With the SwiftPro I got 3 different wood rings, and a fourth that looks like glass. I have no clue which is which, they all came unlabeled. The one already inside the device is some kind of orange-looking wood with a nice scent. The two other woods seem more neutral, and one is light brown and the other darker.

I'm completing my first session with it and I'm positively impressed. No problem with cloudage at all, contrary to some reports above. Too early to say but I might really like it.

elykpeace

exVASted
Hey guys, I know I could look it up, but what kind of rings do you get with the stock CFV?

With the SwiftPro I got 3 different wood rings, and a fourth that looks like glass. I have no clue which is which, they all came unlabeled. The one already inside the device is some kind of orange-looking wood with a nice scent. The two other woods seem more neutral, and one is light brown and the other darker.

I'm completing my first session with it and I'm positively impressed. No problem with cloudage at all, contrary to some reports above. Too early to say but I might really like it.

I'm pretty sure they both have same rings.

Edit: ones bamboo and I think it's quartz (glass) boundless calls the 2 Dark,red wood the same but they look different.. only the one that came already inside is the red brown ring south African something. FM calls it something else but it looks very similar to me

Mulehead

No problem with cloudage at all, contrary to some reports above.

Yep, I must have gotten a "good" one too.
I keep waiting for this thread to gain momentum, as the CFV has impressed me from my first session as well.
The conflicting reports IMO have to stem from using the leaky mouthpiece.
I've also noticed that keeping the retainer ring tight is necessary to keep path airtight as well.

I'm looking forward to testing the revised mouthpiece, to see if I can match the production I get with the wpa.

Cl4ud3

Glass ring was supposed to come with the swift pro while the Boundless had a quartz. The orange and the dark brown ring should be the same, both are rosewood. The lightest ring is bamboo.

sickmanfraud

I switched strains and temperatures and I am more satisfied with the "vape experience."

How many sessions do you get per charge?

Top Bottom