elykpeace

exVASted
Oh ok, yeah i do remember seeing them do dabs with that thing on one of the recent live streams. However, I mainly have access to and use dry herbs, i just was curious if they had already upgraded the CF. I am currently trying to decide whether to get the CF with the water adapter, or to reach a little further into my wallet and purchase the IQ.
Cf is convection and conduction... Iq is just a way overpriced conduction... 109 for the cf on PuffItUp 275 and never knowing when it will ship..
How can you compare 2 vapes when 1 costs more than double the other?

I agree... I think they named It iq to test some people... 275 for a conduction Vapes a lil ridiculous . Maybe try the 220 cfv and get a 100% convection vape

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I agree that the IQ is overpriced for a conduction vaporizer, but i have been following it for a bit to see what the first impressions are. One thing ive heard that i don't really like is that you kinda have to pack it full or close to full for best results, and i tend to micro dose a lot during the daytime. I guess if i really wanted a similar device i could potentially find a Pax 2 for a good price, ive only used it once, my buddy has one, i did like the taste of the vapor, but the device stunk even when not in use, which to me kills the stealth, but again you have to pack a lot at once. I would go for a convection unit, but honestly with my E-Nano i don't really need another convection unit. I think i'd rather get the CF because its cheap enough that it will leave me the option to purchase another unit in the near future, can never rid the VAS!

elykpeace

exVASted
I agree that the IQ is overpriced for a conduction vaporizer, but i have been following it for a bit to see what the first impressions are. One thing ive heard that i don't really like is that you kinda have to pack it full or close to full for best results, and i tend to micro dose a lot during the daytime. I guess if i really wanted a similar device i could potentially find a Pax 2 for a good price, ive only used it once, my buddy has one, i did like the taste of the vapor, but the device stunk even when not in use, which to me kills the stealth, but again you have to pack a lot at once. I would go for a convection unit, but honestly with my E-Nano i don't really need another convection unit. I think i'd rather get the CF because its cheap enough that it will leave me the option to purchase another unit in the near future, can never rid the VAS!

Deff check out the cf/x I don't think u will be dissapointed. Cf- a pinch goes a long way.. wasn't aware u had an e nano.. you like it? It's a plug in desktop right? Cfv is my only convection. Cfx mflb are the only others and with the PA the mflb is kinda desktop like?..

elykpeace,

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
Yeah the E-nano is a plug in, its amazing too, i leave it plugged in 24/7 so anytime i need a quick pick me up i'm ready to go. When the glass stem is clean the flavor is incredible, and whats cool is you can take a slow draw or take a faster more powerful draw, both work well. They also look great on top of a wood desk. But yeah ive had interest in the Cf/x for a while, my flowermate mini broke awhile ago and instead of sending in for warranty i figured id just get a CF. The CFX seems cool, but i want a more stealth unit and that bright screen doesn't help in that department.

beefsupreme

Getting back to the CFV, does anyone know what kind of battery is in it? I cant help but think it should have been spec'ed higher if thats possible. Was there any timeframe discussed on the livestream for the bubbler/WPA and aluminum ring release?

beefsupreme,

Cl4ud3

Getting back to the CFV, does anyone know what kind of battery is in it? I cant help but think it should have been spec'ed higher if thats possible. Was there any timeframe discussed on the livestream for the bubbler/WPA and aluminum ring release?
No idea on the battery but the bubbler/wpa thing should be soon, I would guess we wait for the website to go live first. Also Randall did mention maybe getting them changed slightly to allow for use on the CF/X as well so that could delay.

beefsupreme

from the manual...

Dual 18350 2S-7.4V 15A rating, maximum 20A

Thanks - I just opened the manual and see that now. I was asking because when I was holding the CFX side by side with the CFV, the little guy felt so much lighter, so I figured it was a single battery unit like the CF. Must just be that the CFX is using the bigger size 18650 batteries instead of the 18350's.

elykpeace

exVASted

Edit: I emailed Eric about those items yesterday and his reply :

"We are hoping to have those ready to ship by the end of the month. Yesterday was our first time ever seeing it so we are still testing and working out any flaws. Thanks for your support and please let me know if you have any other questions."

Thanks - I just opened the manual and see that now. I was asking because when I was holding the CFX side by side with the CFV, the little guy felt so much lighter, so I figured it was a single battery unit like the CF. Must just be that the CFX is using the bigger size 18650 batteries instead of the 18350's.

Dang i thought it was a single cell in there as well.. power hog!

beefsupreme

I am also VERY curious about this. If I remember correctly he said they found lead in one vape they had tested, so I definitely want to hear more.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of their legal team said they couldn't name the other vape vendor. That'd be a recipe for getting sued - even if its fully valid and true. I'd still like to see their MSDS sheets though.

beefsupreme,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Dual 18350 2S-7.4V 15A rating, maximum 20A
I was asking because when I was holding the CFX side by side with the CFV, the little guy felt so much lighter, so I figured it was a single battery unit like the CF. Must just be that the CFX is using the bigger size 18650 batteries instead of the 18350's.

Yeah two 18350 for roughly the size of a single 18650. And the SwiftPro manual tells us the last piece of the puzzle: 1000mAh, which is on the low side (only 38% of the FM5-Pro capacity @ 2600mAh) but it should be on par with single cell vapes like the Crafty/Alfa/Air etc.

BuzzDanklin

I wouldn't be surprised if one of their legal team said they couldn't name the other vape vendor. That'd be a recipe for getting sued - even if its fully valid and true. I'd still like to see their MSDS sheets though.

That makes perfect sense actually, my hope is that its a cheap unbranded china vape like a titan-1 and not a more popular unit

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
It was a toss-up between this and the IQ for me.

The IQ won because of the removeable batteries.

As soon as version 2 comes with removeable batteries i am all over this.

Any of the timetable for that?

oddjobold,

bryn987

Hoping for some really good reviews about this vape, especially about build quality

bryn987,

Just Justin

I am also VERY curious about this. If I remember correctly he said they found lead in one vape they had tested, so I definitely want to hear more.

What vape was this?

I found another use for the Arizer Extreme Q screen baskets and they fit perfectly in place of the chamber rings for the CFV. Just pull out a ring and place the basket there and screw it back together like normal. I had great results and I thought it vaped the load much quicker with no green at the end but the basket makes the chamber slightly smaller, although the basket allows the hot air to enter on the sides as well as the bottom. Hope someone else will try this, I thought it was pretty sweet.

Milkytime

It was a toss-up between this and the IQ for me.

The IQ won because of the removeable batteries.

As soon as version 2 comes with removeable batteries i am all over this.

Any of the timetable for that?

I don't really see these 2 vapes as comparable 100% convection vs 100% conduction, plenty of conduction units running around, not near as many convection in PORTABLE!

Mulehead

What vape was this?

I found another use for the Arizer Extreme Q screen baskets and they fit perfectly in place of the chamber rings for the CFV. Just pull out a ring and place the basket there and screw it back together like normal. I had great results and I thought it vaped the load much quicker with no green at the end but the basket makes the chamber slightly smaller, although the basket allows the hot air to enter on the sides as well as the bottom. Hope someone else will try this, I thought it was pretty sweet.

Thanks Justin!
Interesting indeed!
I'm wondering if the large MV
screen basket will work maybe without the oven screen in place??
I use the Q baskets as a medium basket size for the MV, so the large is just a skosh deeper than the Q baskets.
This might get capacity back to about stock, but also bring it closer to the oven.
I'll check tonight.

beefsupreme

Thanks for the tip @Just Justin . I should have thought of it myself first! It looks just right. I wont have a chance to give it a proper try until later, but I took some pictures of the mod as I set it up.

CFV Arizer Q Bucket Mod

For this mod, use the Arizer Q bucket screen set from your local vape shop. Unscrew the ring retainer and remove the wooden ring the CFV comes with. In its place put the Q screen and screw back in the retaining ring and fill to the brim of the bucket. Share and Enjoy.

ETvEScg.jpg

CcEZ5UE.jpg

elykpeace

exVASted
Thanks for the tip @Just Justin . I should have thought of it myself first! It looks just right. I wont have a chance to give it a proper try until later, but I took some pictures of the mod as I set it up.

CFV Arizer Q Bucket Mod

For this mod, use the Arizer Q bucket screen set from your local vape shop. Unscrew the ring retainer and remove the wooden ring the CFV comes with. In its place put the Q screen and screw back in the retaining ring and fill to the brim of the bucket. Share and Enjoy.

ETvEScg.jpg

CcEZ5UE.jpg

I tried this for a couple sessions but prefer to take the metal out of the MP and use the eq bucket as a hat.

Edit: ready for boundless to release the SS chamber and bub!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
But a SS chamber would rob even more heat than the glass one. A lot of the energy would be lost to the metal as it is a better conductor than glass, which is already quite poor compared to wood.

Top Bottom