Can't wait to get my CFV in this week, does anyone have any pro tips and or suggestion for first time use? (Fine grind, don't overfill, Favorite ring, DELTA3D mods?)

grantdaman,

Baron23

I enjoy the live stream every week. I'm sure if u had won a vape you would be singing a diff tune. They answered everyone's question and I think everyone had a good time. 3 year warranty on all products. If something is not right they fix it asap. Interacts with the customers REGULARLY. I mean if you don't like the live stream don't watch it....

Edit: WOO!!!! I quoted look at me now mods

"I'm sure if you had won a vape". WTF are you talking about?

All I'm saying is that to get some small bits of info out of these guys (like the material and coating of the mouthpiece) you need to sit and watch some guys get stoned and eat cheeze doodle for an hour.

I agree....if I don't like the stream, don't watch it. However, I'm interested in the CFV and these streams are made to both inform existing owners as well as answer questions by prospective customers. I'm a prospective customer who offered constructive criticism about the format of this communications. If they don't tighten up their presentation some, then I won't watch....and their outreach will be less effective by at least one person but probably many more. Or perhaps they are like you and don't care, eh?

Last edited:

ohmygodimsohigh

Can't wait to get my CFV in this week, does anyone have any pro tips and or suggestion for first time use? (Fine grind, don't overfill, Favorite ring, DELTA3D mods?)

I find that it works best with a lightly tamped course grind.
However, it still seems to do its job with fine grinds and tightly packed bowls. It just takes more pulls and a stir or two.

My favorite ring is the rosewood, but I think mine has lost its flavor already.
I don't think Delta has any mods for it ... yet.

I've been using mine with the crafty mouthpiece.

elykpeace

exVASted
My opinion. I was more so referring to the 4 people talking about getting a REAL question for the give away. Seemed they were upset that the giveaway isn't more organized. Other then that I didn't sense a unorganized live stream. 3 dudes talking about/using vapes. I doubt the guy who left early hurt the boys' feelings.
Edit: I don't want to kiss your ass..
Peace and love barry

elykpeace,

beefsupreme

Just getting yours now? Was there a second round of shipments? If you get the original mouthpiece, you'll need a #10 o-ring from home depot to swap in to fix a leak problem. You dont need (or cant really) do any burnoffs when you get it, so just grind up some material, fairly coarse, doesnt need to be fine. The filling funnel helps get everything in, and I just fill it to the top of the wooden ring and then press down a little with my finger. Prime the load with a pull or two and then you'll get some nice cloudy results. After the first 4-minute session is done, pop off the mouthpiece and give it a little stir. You may not need to do it, depending on how loose the packed material was. Delta3D got sent a CFX recently to do mods for it, no word on CFV ones yet though.

RelaxedNow

I'm not looking for an argument, just stating how I feel.....I'll weigh in as one who would enjoy a much briefer, and more organized, live stream. I've tried watching two of them, and didn't have the patience to stay with it either time. Of course, it's quite possible that I'm not their target demographic.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and tips. I cant wait for the next vape live stream too.
First Bowl finished with the stock unit, I have the crafty and Volcano Digit and lets just say I am very impressed so far. More testing to come very soon.

Last edited:
grantdaman,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

Cl4ud3

I'm not looking for an argument, just stating how I feel.....I'll weigh in as one who would enjoy a much briefer, and more organized, live stream. I've tried watching two of them, and didn't have the patience to stay with it either time. Of course, it's quite possible that I'm not their target demographic.
There's always the 420vapezone.com write ups that cover the main topics of the chats if you don't want to sit through the whole thing.

Baron23

Hi guys - still very interested in this vape.

Any idea when they will be shipping generally available units? When will new orders (vice pre-orders) be accepted...any idea?

Baron23,

Cl4ud3

Hi guys - still very interested in this vape.

Any idea when they will be shipping generally available units? When will new orders (vice pre-orders) be accepted...any idea?
My guess is they need the new mouthpieces in first and those got delayed a day or 2. Should be in the next week or 2 maybe as the CFC will be on pre launch very soon.

Cl4ud3,

sickmanfraud

They answer the questions about materials in the mouthpiece starting at about the 9 minute marker in the current livestream:

sickmanfraud,

sickmanfraud

My CVF will be flying in tomorrow.

I watched the Livestream, but don't recall if they mentioned it, how is battery life?

Please tell me, I was not paying enough attention.

sickmanfraud,
might I add if you have some type of portable charger, this vape works well with pass through. In my experience I was getting at least 6-8 back to back bowls with pass through assisting

grantdaman,

sickmanfraud

3 bowls on a charge?!?

How could they sell something with such poor performance?

How many bowls per charge on Crafty? Mighty? CFX?

sickmanfraud,

Mulehead

3 bowls on a charge?!?

How could they sell something with such poor performance?

How many bowls per charge on Crafty? Mighty? CFX?

Not sure a comparison between a pure convection device and a convection/conduction combo(hybrid), is fair when it comes to battery life.
Not really apples to apples.

IMO a better comparison would be a GH, Mi, FW4, or FF2 maybe.
I get 3-4 bowls from each of the above devices, except FW4 which almost doubles the others.
The CFV is right on par with most convection portables, except it doesn't have swappable batteries like ALL the above devices do.

We all, including manufacturers, have to get in the mindset that pure convection devices are power hogs.
Hence the need for easy swappable batteries that we can charge on an external charger!!

Hard to beat the flavor of the CFV when paired with a
j-hook!
Still diggin & grabbin this thing!

Top Bottom