ohmygodimsohigh

Devastated as in finish came off or devastated as in pitted, melted or otherwise totally fucked up by the ISO?

The ISO caused the red enamel or whatever it is to soften and peel off freely.
What's left is this weird silver paint. The ISO also dissolves the paint, but not completely, it takes some work to rub the silver crap off. I have the whole thing soaking now, hoping i can at least make it black...

Meach

Wonder if that slime was a protective silicone coat? Something non toxic like art resin??

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

I told you?! I wish the silver layer would have remained in tact but I striped it down to black
Yep you did say, Troy tested the parts to see if anything in the airflow part of the mouthpiece would be effected. Still its a couple of things to bring up in the chat this week.

Cl4ud3,

elykpeace

exVASted
Yep you did say, Troy tested the parts to see if anything in the airflow part of the mouthpiece would be effected. Still its a couple of things to bring up in the chat this week.
Did u ever pick up a new thread for the chamber? Or u waiting for the live stream

elykpeace,

beefsupreme

Putting painted Chinese plastic in our mouths "should" be a concern for all of us. This may be a total non-issue but until we get some definitive answers from the manufacturer, for me, I'll hold off on this purchase.

Thanks to
@ohmygodimsohigh testing it out on his mouthpiece, we now know the part you actually put your lips to is not painted. Its the cooling unit shell around it that has the paint. The CFV's mouthpiece is a different type of plastic than the CFX's. It is more malleable, I can bite it with my teeth and have it deform, where the CFX's wouldn't really bend. The paint on the unit will make cleaning honey out of the mouthpiece a bit of a challenge though. I hope they have their livestream tomorrow so we can get some more information from them. They've been a bit quiet since the launch and we haven't seen much activity on FC or Reddit. Their last post here was Oct 1st.

natural farmer

Thanks to
@ohmygodimsohigh testing it out on his mouthpiece, we now know the part you actually put your lips to is not painted. Its the cooling unit shell around it that has the paint. The CFV's mouthpiece is a different type of plastic than the CFX's. It is more malleable, I can bite it with my teeth and have it deform, where the CFX's wouldn't really bend. The paint on the unit will make cleaning honey out of the mouthpiece a bit of a challenge though. I hope they have their livestream tomorrow so we can get some more information from them. They've been a bit quiet since the launch and we haven't seen much activity on FC or Reddit. Their last post here was Oct 1st.

Cleaning with ISO would really be necessary for traveling as I see it. When I had the Crafty and needed to clean up the cooling unit, I just took it apart while hot and gave it a good cleaning with dry q-tips. Then it was just pure bliss while I was vaping that super resinous cotton! Those clouds... :drool:

I am glad the mouthpiece is not painted. Now if we could also know the type of plastic they use... Do you guys think the Flowermate's cooling unit is painted as well?

ohmygodimsohigh

Cleaning with ISO would really be necessary for traveling as I see it. When I had the Crafty and needed to clean up the cooling unit, I just took it apart while hot and gave it a good cleaning with dry q-tips. Then it was just pure bliss while I was vaping that super resinous cotton! Those clouds... :drool:

I am glad the mouthpiece is not painted. Now if we could also know the type of plastic they use... Do you guys think the Flowermate's cooling unit is painted as well?

The Flowermate SWIFT Pro has a painted exterior. It has the same feel as the CFV, I assume it would do the same.

I haven't pumped enough weed through either of mine to know how dirty they can really get.
Daily usage for about a month has the internal screen covered in honey. No organic material, not even the dusty residue.

The underside of the shell has some honey too. I think it may stay clean with regular screen cleaning.

Baron23

I actually couldn't watch it all....9 minutes of watching them vape and eat cheetos was enough LOL

What I came away with is as discussed above, any part of the MP that you or the vapor touch does not have the 'toner' coating that will come off in an ISO soak.

Also, they said that they would be releasing their materials report in the next week along with reports on some other top shelf vapes which they said some of which contain some eyebrow raising materials.

If anything significant was said in the next 40 minutes or so, please let me know :rolleyes:

Seriously, look like nice guys having a good time, wish I was with them. But it would be ever so appreciated if they were a bit more organized, had an agenda and list of questions, and ran a tight, short stream. :2c:

Milkytime

Personally I like the informal nature of the boundless live stream. Makes it feel more like I'm enjoying myself along with them. It's an hour I look foward to every week. Also I'm sure once the vaping starts much of the plan and organization gets cluttered, they get pretty ripped in an hour hahaha.

ohmygodimsohigh

Personally I like the informal nature of the boundless live stream. Makes it feel more like I'm enjoying myself along with them. It's an hour I look foward to every week. Also I'm sure once the vaping starts much of the plan and organization gets cluttered, they get pretty ripped in an hour hahaha.

I agree. Although I do think having their information and agenda organized would help.
I always watch and vape along with them.

Cl4ud3

I agree. Although I do think having their information and agenda organized would help.
I always watch and vape along with them.
Have to agree here, I look forward to the chats its a nice chill session and I vape along too.

Cl4ud3,

Justpassedu

Does anyone know anything about that wax pen type vape they were using in the stream ? It looks awesome , trying to watch the stream as I missed it and came across that cool ass device. Glad they are addressing all issues , what a stand up company .

Cl4ud3

Does anyone know anything about that wax pen type vape they were using in the stream ? It looks awesome , trying to watch the stream as I missed it and came across that cool ass device. Glad they are addressing all issues , what a stand up company .
Its the CF710, not much out on it yet but if you watch the last 3 livestreams they use it in each one.

elykpeace

exVASted
I actually couldn't watch it all....9 minutes of watching them vape and eat cheetos was enough LOL

What I came away with is as discussed above, any part of the MP that you or the vapor touch does not have the 'toner' coating that will come off in an ISO soak.

Also, they said that they would be releasing their materials report in the next week along with reports on some other top shelf vapes which they said some of which contain some eyebrow raising materials.

If anything significant was said in the next 40 minutes or so, please let me know :rolleyes:

Seriously, look like nice guys having a good time, wish I was with them. But it would be ever so appreciated if they were a bit more organized, had an agenda and list of questions, and ran a tight, short stream. :2c:

Agree 100% w the above post..glad they make an effort to address customers..but a bit more of flow to the broadcast would be nice

I enjoy the live stream every week. I'm sure if u had won a vape you would be singing a diff tune. They answered everyone's question and I think everyone had a good time. 3 year warranty on all products. If something is not right they fix it asap. Interacts with the customers REGULARLY. I mean if you don't like the live stream don't watch it....

Edit: WOO!!!! I quoted look at me now mods

Justpassedu

Its the CF710, not much out on it yet but if you watch the last 3 livestreams they use it in each one.
My buddy told me he was recently at a cannabis friendly event & saw allot people with devices like that tied to there neck walking around and taking free dabs .

Justpassedu,

Radiocitysuicide

I enjoy the live stream every week. I'm sure if u had won a vape you would be singing a diff tune. They answered everyone's question and I think everyone had a good time. 3 year warranty on all products. If something is not right they fix it asap. Interacts with the customers REGULARLY. I mean if you don't like the live stream don't watch it....

Edit: WOO!!!! I quoted look at me now mods

People were just making suggestions on how that the livestream can be improved and winning a vape Isn't really relevant to that at all. I mean you obviously enjoy the livestream the way it is which is fine but nobody was attacking the company so not sure why you started defending them
on other issues. And yea people won't watch if they don't like it which is what happened but I'm sure they want more viewers not less.

Cl4ud3

People were just making suggestions on how that the livestream can be improved and winning a vape Isn't really relevant to that at all. I mean you obviously enjoy the livestream the way it is which is fine but nobody was attacking the company so not sure why you started defending them
on other issues. And yea people won't watch if they don't like it which is what happened but I'm sure they want more viewers not less.
I agree with this, winning a vape means nothing. I won something back in August and even though I don't do the competitions now I still enjoy joining in the chats. No matter what they do its a LOT better than some of the other Big vape companies.

Top Bottom