Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

scottyc22

That stealth mode looks so great. However, even though 2 clicks to change the temp is faster, I feel the old technique of holding it down and it moves up 1 setting each second is more stealth...

scottyc22,

HoochIsCraaaazy

Does anybody else's CFX get super hot on the body of the vape towards the mouth piece? The rubber material is really hot if vaping around 400, to the point that I need to hold the bottom of the unit or it's a bit uncomfortable.

Is this par for the course?

HoochIsCraaaazy,

jaidyn

Thanks, just wanted to make sure mine wasn't abnormal. So far I'm loving this thing. The only real complaint I would have is the portability if I were trying to use it in public, but for a cordless home unit it's amazing.

Please keep in mind that my following comment is coming from someone in a legal state. As such that may have my perception skewed. Nor is this only directed at who I am quoting. That said, I have seen something like the above quote many times before about the CFX and other vapes that are considered portable. Is it just me or is this not really a problem... ever? Unless I am wearing shorts or something with no pockets (which both are very rare), my pockets (not just talking cargo pants either) easily fit my vape. I mean, no joke, I right now have my CFX AND my FM V5.0s in my main front left pocket. Yeah, it feels mostly full but I can walk around with them in there with no discomfort and it's really not an issue.
I am genuinely not trying to be difficult, dense, etc... but in all seriousness... am I missing something that makes the CFX not really portable? When I was reading up on this thing before I bought it, I expected some giant machine that would be an issue to carry around. And then I get it and I am honestly confused how people consider this big. Sure, it's no vapcap or MFLB... but big it certainly is not.
I can understand if you have no pockets at all, but if you have "real" pockets, or at least properly functional pockets (not the kind you can only fit q-tips in), how is portability a problem?

I am not trying to be an asshole, nor insensitive to those who aren't in a legal state. However, I just don't see the portability issue.

waxdab23

Please keep in mind that my following comment is coming from someone in a legal state. As such that may have my perception skewed. Nor is this only directed at who I am quoting. That said, I have seen something like the above quote many times before about the CFX and other vapes that are considered portable. Is it just me or is this not really a problem... ever? Unless I am wearing shorts or something with no pockets (which both are very rare), my pockets (not just talking cargo pants either) easily fit my vape. I mean, no joke, I right now have my CFX AND my FM V5.0s in my main front left pocket. Yeah, it feels mostly full but I can walk around with them in there with no discomfort and it's really not an issue.
I am genuinely not trying to be difficult, dense, etc... but in all seriousness... am I missing something that makes the CFX not really portable? When I was reading up on this thing before I bought it, I expected some giant machine that would be an issue to carry around. And then I get it and I am honestly confused how people consider this big. Sure, it's no vapcap or MFLB... but big it certainly is not.
I can understand if you have no pockets at all, but if you have "real" pockets, or at least properly functional pockets (not the kind you can only fit q-tips in), how is portability a problem?

I am not trying to be an asshole, nor insensitive to those who aren't in a legal state. However, I just don't see the portability issue.

I think in this sense, people are usually referring to stealth in public. As in, using the device out in public.

waxdab23,

murf2010

dude i couldn't agree more. Went on a hike and had no issues at all!

murf2010,
Reactions: jaidyn

Likes2vape

I never had a problem with size out in public with the CFX but the big 420 on the screen (what other temp would I use!!!) gives me away!:science:

Since I got the CF I grab that if I'm going out and about, and the CFX if I'm going to a friends house. I love them both!:love::love:

scottyc22

I never had a problem with size out in public with the CFX but the big 420 on the screen (what other temp would I use!!!) gives me away!:science:

Since I got the CF I grab that if I'm going out and about, and the CFX if I'm going to a friends house. I love them both!:love::love:
How is the CF for stealthy vaping?

scottyc22,

YungLeaner

g9qGaYj.jpg
hlSUNcz.jpg

dcaLtoa.jpg

l3abtby.jpg

As you can see, just got my WPA in. Priority 1-day shipping! For a product they gave me for free...I will pointedly not speak of customer service relations as an issue for other vaporizer companies, but Boundless is really setting a standard here for awesome communication and service to the community.

The WPA is great. High quality metal, clever design, and the screen, as you can see, is removable and improved upon for airflow purposes from previous generation of the stock unit screen. The airflow was not restricted very strongly by this screen, and the inhalation modulation forced by it does help with cloud thickness. But I still took it out and put the EQ cap on top of the oven. Endless airflow! And if you start slow inhaling and then speed up, you can get hits not too far off from an Evo. I had water pipe adaptability before but the airflow within the actual WPA chamber is wide open and it makes the whole experience very clean and ready to go. Kick ass job, guys!!

Edit: this has been discussed but the CFX signature is tremendously fun. Although I never liked my conduction vapes much in the past due to inefficiency and cleaning, the high from Pax and others always had a Stoney, somewhat sedative and "slowing" effect that full convection vapes rarely offer. My Herbalizer tends to make me fly, even with strong indicas--the headspace is almost psychedelic. The Boundless CFX combination of convective and conductive heating gets the most out of my buds in a way that feels very similar, if very slightly lesser, than a high-temp EVO rip. Amazing vape :) may buy another for myself, because this one is technically the girlfriend's (stomach problems, quick med delivery needed) and I cannot stop borrowing it!

Last edited:

subway13029

Saw @YungLeaner post about wpa and was like damn my mail is slow today and boom it was in the mail..gonna do some testing with the cf and CFx..these guys are amazing with the customer service..mine was 2 day priority and these guys are about their word!!

Edit..don't know why s and b couldn't have made a twist on wpa for the mighty and crafty like this but boundless did and it is sweet looking...

YungLeaner

Everyones over here getting their WPA's while I haven't gotten mine yet and I literally live an hour away from Boundless HQ. The feels right now lol :shrug:
Email Eric with your shipping address. Otherwise they are just combing through the purchase list, and sending WPAs to each address. That process can be sped up if you let him know your address.

djchexxx

Email Eric with your shipping address. Otherwise they are just combing through the purchase list, and sending WPAs to each address. That process can be sped up if you let him know your address.
He asked for my address a few days ago so they already have it. Maybe it's been delayed or something

djchexxx,

Justpassedu

I got my wpa today also , thank you @Boundless Vape Technology , can't wait to give it a try. We all asked and they made it happen . The quality looks top notch , it's designed like some e-nails where you can use it as a male or female by just flipping the ends. That was a awesome idea and thinking out of the box and like others said if you'd don't like a semi restricted airflow you can still use it with a dome screen and just remove the stock screen. Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone , enjoy ...

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I pulled the trigger on a CFX last night, big props to Puffitup for shipping it out before I woke up this morning. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Currently I'm using an E-Nano as my daily driver, while waiting on a Grasshopper. Even after I get my Grasshopper I knew I would want a session vape to use in large groups. All of the reviews talking about effortless clouds sold me on the CFX.

Personally, as a user of the nano I am fine with using a manual vape but I specifically wanted an automatic vape to use with friends. I considered the Firewood etc. but I know my friends will combust with them so I prefer automatic vapes in my portable arsenal.

I should have my CFX in hand soon and I will make sure to share my experience. I love pure convection vapes but conduction gives a different effect which I sometimes prefer depending on my needs at the moment.

The water tool adaptor intrigues me, is it 14mm or 18mm? I only have an 18mm bubbler. It's not a big deal as I prefer to vape dry generally, but it would be great if I could use the CFX with my D020-D.

YungLeaner

I pulled the trigger on a CFX last night, big props to Puffitup for shipping it out before I woke up this morning. I'm really looking forward to trying this out.

Currently I'm using an E-Nano as my daily driver, while waiting on a Grasshopper. Even after I get my Grasshopper I knew I would want a session vape to use in large groups. All of the reviews talking about effortless clouds sold me on the CFX.

Personally, as a user of the nano I am fine with using a manual vape but I specifically wanted an automatic vape to use with friends. I considered the Firewood etc. but I know my friends will combust with them so I prefer automatic vapes in my portable arsenal.

I should have my CFX in hand soon and I will make sure to share my experience. I love pure convection vapes but conduction gives a different effect which I sometimes prefer depending on my needs at the moment.

The water tool adaptor intrigues me, is it 14mm or 18mm? I only have an 18mm bubbler. It's not a big deal as I prefer to vape dry generally, but it would be great if I could use the CFX with my D020-D.
The water tool is universal, fits all male and female joints. 10mm maybe not but other than that you're good definitely will work with 18mm female

subway13029

Love the heavy duty water tool and to absolutely confirm the cf and CFx are every single bit the cloud machine through water with the wpa than the mighty/crafty and many other portable and desktop units. Very nice wpa and now this vape is def worth it's weight in gold...an overall versatile and efficient machine right here...keeps getting better...

Top Bottom