Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

shaolinmilk

There's a plastic taste to burn off in many units. While the form factor is close to the mighty and crafty we're talking about a huge price difference and a huge heat up time difference. Pretty surprised about your flavor observations, pax 1&2 always had mediocre flavor for me from the get go , while first few CFX Rips feel great. This is one of those vapes that performs so much better with mods they should probably become stock product accessories. Its flavor is not comparable to desktop vaporizers, but in the portable market the CFX is a rarity. Well under 200$, partially convective, instant heat up time and A++ customer service...its comps are Arizer Air (vastly superior function and taste from the CFX IMO) and vapes in that price range. :razz::2c:
I'm just finding things to nip pick about it since I've only heard good things about it. For $200, the unit cannot be beaten as long as it holds the test of time. As long as it's reliable and can perform well for at least a year or so, it's so worth it.

Also, the plastic taste was a lot more apparent in this vape than my other vapes. I did go through 5 burnoffs and vaped like 5 sessions on it, the taste was still there. It was like an electronics taste... almost as if the electronics got too hot and the fumes were going through the vapour path. As of now, the taste is basically gone though.

namasteIII

Can we get some flavor discussion going on? I'd like to get some reports on that aspect of this vape before I buy it. I've got a solo so that's an easy comparison for me but any flavor discussion will do.

namasteIII,

YungLeaner

Can we get some flavor discussion going on? I'd like to get some reports on that aspect of this vape before I buy it. I've got a solo so that's an easy comparison for me but any flavor discussion will do.
It's difficult to say because reports are pretty varied. Some others have reported plasticky tastes. I personally never had that problem, and think it may at least partially result from the plastic mouthpiece, which for me was very easy to fix. The new WPA is an amazing tool, great function airflow and construction. The stock mouthpiece is very thin and takes away from flavor and airflow although it is of course more stealthy because it folds in. As for the question about mods, the CFX stock screen at the top of the bowl should really be replaced by another folded or EQ cap style screen. I would say it increased airflow by almost 100%, and the thing about this vape is that airflow is essential to flavor. If you loosely drop 3-4 mini nugs into the CFX without tamping or stirring you can get awesome flavor and full extraction. Most of my vapes can't do that. A loose pack with high airflow and fast inhales keeps the bowl cool and the convective heating predominant. Meanwhile a tight pack with low airflow and slow inhales makes the conductive hearing predominant and You lose a ton of flavor. Underdog stems are an awesome and easy MP replacement.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Boundless Vape Technology

I was going to order the water pipe adapter and noticed the shipping is $15 (for continental US). That seemed a bit excessive to me for a small part that only costs $20. Is this the actual intended rate? If so I will reluctantly pay it, but if you could work something out I would really appreciate it.

Vapor_Eyes,

djchexxx

@Boundless Vape Technology

I was going to order the water pipe adapter and noticed the shipping is $15 (for continental US). That seemed a bit excessive to me for a small part that only costs $20. Is this the actual intended rate? If so I will reluctantly pay it, but if you could work something out I would really appreciate it.
https://donvape.com/collections/vap...oundless-water-attachment?variant=19934225601 use code CFWPA for $6 off :] Total shipped should be around $20

VaporSipper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Holy crap! I just casually checked my tracking, hoping my order would be here tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was waiting in my mailbox! I didn't even think mail was delivered today (memorial day).

Big props once again to Puffitup, I ordered late Friday night, it shipped out Saturday morning and made it almost across the country in two days on a holiday weekend. I also got a free grinder with my order which makes the price of ~$153 for the CFX even better! I'll definitely be dealing with them in the future.

Anyway, back to the CFX. The first thing I did was check the charging section of the manual, and it recommends an initial charge of 1.5-2 hours over DC, or 4-4.5 hours over USB. I've got mine plugged in to the wall, and I'm sitting here counting down the time. It's funny, I have my E-Nano just ready to go but I'm still eager as fuck to try out my new toy.

In the meantime I'll be reading the manual and trying to finish reading the rest of this thread, and using my nano :science:

Cheers to all, and keep on vaping!

Last edited:

murf2010

Holy crap! I just casually checked my tracking, hoping my order would be here tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was waiting in my mailbox! I didn't even think mail was delivered today (memorial day).

Big props once again to Puffitup, I ordered late Friday night, it shipped out Saturday morning and made it almost across the country in two days on a holiday weekend. I also got a free grinder with my order which makes the price of ~$153 for the CFX even better! I'll definitely be dealing with them in the future.

Anyway, back to the CFX. The first thing I did was check the charging section of the manual, and it recommends an initial charge of 1.5-2 hours over DC, or 4-4.5 hours over USB. I've got mine plugged in to the wall, and I'm sitting here counting down the time. It's funny, I have my E-Nano just ready to go but I'm still eager as fuck to try out my new toy.

In the meantime I'll be reading the manual and trying to finish reading the rest of this thread, and using my nano :science:

Cheers to all, and keep on vaping!

Enjoy! Super fun device

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds

YungLeaner

Thanks a lot. I went ahead and purchased through them. I wanted to buy direct from the source but I'm impatient and the vapor institute takes PayPal so that was enough to sway me. Now I just need a Y adapter to use the CFX and my nano at the same time with my bubbler. It will be epic...
Wow! That sounds epic. Search Amazon with the phrase "Claisen adapter" and they have some for around 25$ after shipping you want the size listed as 19/22. If you're a water piece guy the CFX will blow you away! I have a log vape and it's the most efficient thing ever, but sometimes I tire of the stirring and the microloads. The CFX I grab when I want no stress instant clouds :)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Wow! That sounds epic. Search Amazon with the phrase "Claisen adapter" and they have some for around 25$ after shipping you want the size listed as 19/22. If you're a water piece guy the CFX will blow you away! I have a log vape and it's the most efficient thing ever, but sometimes I tire of the stirring and the microloads. The CFX I grab when I want no stress instant clouds :)
I'm all about different vapes for different needs! I love my nano but I have some gaps in my arsenal lol. I can't wait for my grasshopper for pure stealth, but the CFX will be the crowd pleaser for sure. And the nano is a bit more for personal use although it has plenty of love to share too.

I'm currently doing my first burn off with my CFX at 430f with the mouthpiece off, there's a bit of a smell but no visible vapors. The smell is just a normal metallic smell, nothing too bad at all. I'm still going to try and wait for it to go away before I actually vape with the CFX.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I've already sourced my Y/claisen adapter, but thanks for the help. I love FC, it's such a friendly, helpful community!

YungLeaner

I'm all about different vapes for different needs! I love my nano but I have some gaps in my arsenal lol. I can't wait for my grasshopper for pure stealth, but the CFX will be the crowd pleaser for sure. And the nano is a bit more for personal use although it has plenty of love to share too.

I'm currently doing my first burn off with my CFX at 430f with the mouthpiece off, there's a bit of a smell but no visible vapors. The smell is just a normal metallic smell, nothing too bad at all. I'm still going to try and wait for it to go away before I actually vape with the CFX.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I've already sourced my Y/claisen adapter, but thanks for the help. I love FC, it's such a friendly, helpful community!
Yeah, I have converted most of my friends to the vaporizing experience I like (max temp with scientific glass water pipes) and I always get excited when someone else gets to take huge CFX hits because it's really amazing. Another high I think I can compare it to is like a high temp Arizer EQ hit using the @DDave mod kit from eBay. When you leave the bowl in the EQ it doesn't brown like the way the CFX can(especially with a tight pack, it can go fast...my friends start telling stories with a packed and heated in-session CFX in their hands and i always have to accost them to inhale before the bowl dies) But it preps the bud and then attacks it with vast amounts of radiating heat, and the flavor profile is harsher than the Herbalizer, but also more satisfying in a way that hits the back of your throat with a sharper high. The CFX is stonier than either...puts me to sleep unless it's sativa, in which case I couchlock and go to the moon

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
In my limited time with the CFX it has already met my high expectations, and even exceeded them.

After 4 burn off cycles I could still smell a slight metallic odor at 430F, it was insignificant enough I figured I'd vape anyway, I didn't think it would even be an issue at the temp I had been planning, 380. I loosely packed some medium ground, about .1-.15 grams, no tamping. The taste was superb! No off taste at all, nothing metallic or plasticky. I didn't get much vapor for the first hit or two.

That bowl lasted quite a while, two sessions worth of decent clouds. I changed over to my nighttime strain, same variables except I did a more coarse hand grind. The clouds were just as good as the first bowl, the grind didn't seem to matter at all. The strain's individual flavor came through as well, which was nice. At this point I was fairly well medicated so I turned it off halfway into the first session and passed out.

I finished that bowl this morning and packed another one, this time I tamped it down with my finger. I started at 356 and got vapor on the first hit but it was a little wispy. I had the same great taste and the clouds were surprisingly close to my previous bowls. Once the vapor trailed off I bumped it up to 410 and 430. I got more vapor each time but it wasn't really the thick satisfying hits I crave and the taste degraded more than I care for. I usually don't like temp stepping for this reason, it's nothing against this vape specifically.

Just now I finished another bowl. This one I weighed out to exactly .1, and tamped firmly but not super tight. I chose temp 385 as it's generally as high as I prefer to go. This was perfection! The first hit was probably as thick as my thickest hits from before. After that the clouds became even more dense and rich. And the vapor didn't seem hot at all. After 5 or 6 of those rich, potent clouds I had to take a break. The second session wasn't as thick with the vapor but still satisfying and the flavor was still pretty good. I'm sure I could have got better vapor in the second session if I cranked the temp but I'm more than happy with what I got out of .1.

I plan on experimenting a lot more with grind, bowl size, etc. I'm still using the stock screen, but will probably change soon. Puffitup was generous enough to throw in a couple of elbow screens.

I can already tell this will be a beast through water. I think I might enjoy using the WPA as a dry mouthpiece too.

I've done roughly 12 sessions with the CFX (including the burn outs)and it still shows 2/4 bars. I expect it to drop to 1/4 soon, and some of my sessions were short, but that's still very impressive battery life.

I'm also very impressed with the flavor and efficiency. They are surprisingly close to my E-Nano. The efficiency was especially impressive and unexpected for me. I can say the flavor seems to last longer and the vapor is cooler and more dense, with better airflow, than the Pax 2. The CFX also seems much more efficient than the Pax 2 in my experience. Of course the Pax 2 has that whole stealth thing going for it but that role will be filled with my Grasshopper.

This post turned out way longer than I expected, what can I say, I like to be thorough lol. As it stands now I am thrilled with my purchase, the CFX is already exceeding my expectations and I know with some tweaking the results will only improve! Peace to everyone and thanks for reading.

Last edited:

murf2010

Any tips on battery life?? Mine for whatever reason takes a long time to charge and doesn't last very long. Charging it every day to every other

murf2010,

djchexxx

Now that I think of it. 4-8
They rate the batteries would last for 15-20 bowls but I think it depends on the user. If your taking massive rips non-stop during those 5mins obviously the expected length would decrease. I think 10-12 bowls is more likely from my experience

murf2010

They rate the batteries would last for 15-20 bowls but I think it depends on the user. If your taking massive rips non-stop during those 5mins obviously the expected length would decrease. I think 10-12 bowls is more likely from my experience

Yeah not getting that.

murf2010,
I've been using my CF constantly since March, and I still really like it. You can read my original extended review in the middle of page 18. I've put well over 100 packed ovens through this thing. Here are some of my observations:

Battery Life: I get around seven full uses per full charge.

Isopropyl Alcohol Warning: ISO will eat/peel away the matte coating of the body. All the glossy parts hold up nicely to ISO so far. I was using Q-Tips to clean the oven, and ISO residue just contacted the top surface near the oven. Within a couple minutes, the matte coating started to look like orange peel and fall off. All damage was minor, superficial, and is covered by the mouthpiece when closed. Had I spilled a little on the sides of the unit, I would have been pissed. Even a little bit of ISO can quickly cause a nasty peel.:doh:

Cleaning: I brush the oven before and after each use. I need to quickly clean the mouthpiece screen with ISO after ~5-10 uses to prevent clogs. I need to tear down the mouthpiece into components and thoroughly clean everything after 15-20 uses to keep things running like new.

Mess prevention: I've been using paper funnels every time. Loose bud works it's way into the nooks and crannies of the unit very easily. The loading area of the unit has hard to reach nooks and crannies that are too small/deep to access with a Q-Tip.

Aesthetic/tactile complaints: The power button still feels like the cheapest part of the whole unit by far.

Functional complaints: The screen inside the mouthpiece gets really hot. At temperature, bud sticks to the metal screen and clogs. The holes on the mouthpiece screen are few enough that even a couple resin-plugged screen holes really hurts airflow. It sounds like the ELB is the solution to my problems.

IMPORTANT: I am still very satisfied with my CF. These observations stick out because everything else works nicely. As a result, this update sounds negative even though it shouldn't. The CF is awesome. If for some reason my CF got lost/stolen tomorrow, I would buy another one right away. To me, that's always been the ultimate recommendation for a product.

After extended use, I still agree with my original review. I think the 89/100 or 91/100 score (depending on price paid) is fair and accurate.

little maggie

I like the way the water adapter can be used with a male or female bubbler. I tried it yesterday and had difficulty with draw resistance that I haven't had using the stock stem or the haze 3 water adapter I've been using until the boundless water one came. Have others had this problem and if so how are you dealing with it. I could always just use the haze one but I like the flexibility of this metal one.

little maggie,
Top Bottom