Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

murf2010

You may be building up what I call a 'signature tolerance' to Herbie. You can switch to a different vape for a few days or a week and get blasted by the new one. Then when you go back to Herbie your face will melt again.

I've noticed on occasion my unit will do something like this, but it's not consistent. If yours does it a lot I would contact Boundless to see if it is defective. If it's once in a while and the unit works fine otherwise, like mine does, I wouldn't sweat it. but that's up to you...

Yeah it's every single time

murf2010,

Likes2vape

When my unit is off I click 5 times and the logo falls down the screen. I then have to do it again 5 times and the logo rises up and the units on. What's the deal with this???

Are you turning the unit off by clicking it 5 times after the automatic shut off timer clicks in? If you do not turn the unit off after the automatic shut off timer it just enters into a sleep mode where you can hold the button for 2 seconds and it starts back up. I sometimes forget to turn my unit off and when I go to vape a new load I end up having to hit the button 10 times total. The first 5 turn it off from sleep mode and then I have to hit the button 5 more times to turn it back on.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
I have to give props to the crew @Boundless Vape Technology their customer service is top notch!!

Last week my CFX just quit working. I contacted them about the warranty process around 8pm and was sent a return shipping label the next morning. I ended up having an appointment down the street from them on Mon so I asked if I could just bring the unit by. They said no problem and that the whole staff was going to be there.

I stopped by Monday around noon and was greeted by Eric. He took a look at the vape and went and got me a new one and a WPA. I also picked up the CF. Afterwards he introduced me to everyone and we did sesh since we are all patients. We used the CF with the wpa and it kicks ass just like the CFX maybe even a little better since the CF has about an inch shorter air path.

I'm so glad that I have the cf/cfx back. I really missed my CFX when it went down and that's why I picked up the CF as a back up. It's really an awesome vape at a great price from a company that actually cares about their customers.

I can't wait until they have their full convection vape out I'm sure it'll be awesome!! Hopefully by July we should know mire!!

Wow, very cool! Sounds like Boundless may be turning out to be a pacesetter in customer service...and we all know that's the name of the game in this biz!

I mean, just ask anyone here who has ever done business with @PuffItUp ! Uh-huh, that's what I'm talking 'bout!

:clap::tup::clap::tup::clap:

seilogeo

I would like to ask because I didnt fully undertand. The cf will be software updated, through a computer ?
Or there will be an exchange program.

jonnywinner

I would like to ask because I didnt fully undertand. The cf will be software updated, through a computer ?
Or there will be an exchange program.

Boundless replied to a similar question I posed yesterday when I knew my new CF was waiting for me on my porch at home on previous page ... they said: "As of right now the updates are not downloadable but we are working on a program for those to upgrade. I will have more information on this in the next few days. My apologies."

Which is a bummer but I totally get. But the fact that are trying to figure out a program for peeps who purchased prior is encouraging. I just LOVE that they are responding so quickly to feedback from this community about how to improve their product and acting on it intermediately. Not waiting for CF 2.0 to mod. A lot of companies could learn something from how they are putting user feedback to use.

And I haven't even tried the products yet - got a CFX too ... firing that up tonight. FWIW - Coming from an Alfa and couldn't believe the huge size of the bowl.

HoochIsCraaaazy

Are you turning the unit off by clicking it 5 times after the automatic shut off timer clicks in? If you do not turn the unit off after the automatic shut off timer it just enters into a sleep mode where you can hold the button for 2 seconds and it starts back up. I sometimes forget to turn my unit off and when I go to vape a new load I end up having to hit the button 10 times total. The first 5 turn it off from sleep mode and then I have to hit the button 5 more times to turn it back on.
Ahh, this is what I've been doing, forgetting to turn off after it goes to sleep.

murf2010

Ok so I need to make sure to turn off by pressing 5 times when my session is up?

murf2010,

HoochIsCraaaazy

Yes, I switched out the bottom stock screen with a different screen for more air flow and also replaced the cap screen on the mouthpiece
Does the Arizer cap fit or do I need to order a different brand. Also how does the stock mouthpiece screen come off, unscrew it or pull off?

HoochIsCraaaazy,

HoochIsCraaaazy

The dome lid you just cap your bowl with. The stock one unscrews. Disassemble the mouthpiece and the the bolt falls out after being unscrewed. Super simple
So the Arizer dome doesn't actually attach to the mouthpiece like some of the other ones available? If not, which brands would actually attach vs having to put it on the top of your herb floating in the chamber?

HoochIsCraaaazy,

RelaxedNow

The dome lid you just cap your bowl with. The stock one unscrews. Disassemble the mouthpiece and the the bolt falls out after being unscrewed. Super simple

I don't know about the Airizer screens, but the Vapexhale ELB cap pressed into place, a perfect fit, on my CFX, in lieu of the original screen. There's no need to fool with it each time I load the device. It's staying amazingly clean as well, with just a quick brushing when I empty the ABV.

HoochIsCraaaazy

I don't know about the Airizer screens, but the Vapexhale ELB cap pressed into place, a perfect fit, on my CFX, in lieu of the original screen. There's no need to fool with it each time I load the device. It's staying amazingly clean as well, with just a quick brushing when I empty the ABV.
Is the ELB the longer looking screen that you fill? Link?

HoochIsCraaaazy,

jaidyn

So I have a question concerning the caps for going inside the tank. When I bought my CFX, I went in wanting the option to add those since I had heard of the air restriction.
Now since having mine, I have been using my vape as is. No cap, and mouthpiece standard.
I decided this morning to include the short cap into the oven on top of the herb, and I unscrewed the metal mouthpiece. I did not change/add the small screen the caps came with.
I found the restriction was much better, and I also noticed I was able to take more draws in my first 5 min session than normal. I was actually able to go into a second session. I typically stop vaping when I notice the flavor change. However that is usually in the first session, which becomes my only session. So needless to say, this was a huge thing for me. However it also has me wondering... did I change something in the negative by removing the metal mouthpiece without any screen? I don't quite see how, but it just shocked me that I was able to double the session time.
Although keep in mind, I also don't use more than 0.15g, more often than not I use half that amount.
Also this is not a complaint, I was just hoping for some understanding. I almost feel like without the mouthpiece, the oven temp got messed up. No clue though.

djchexxx

So I have a question concerning the caps for going inside the tank. When I bought my CFX, I went in wanting the option to add those since I had heard of the air restriction.
Now since having mine, I have been using my vape as is. No cap, and mouthpiece standard.
I decided this morning to include the short cap into the oven on top of the herb, and I unscrewed the metal mouthpiece. I did not change/add the small screen the caps came with.
I found the restriction was much better, and I also noticed I was able to take more draws in my first 5 min session than normal. I was actually able to go into a second session. I typically stop vaping when I notice the flavor change. However that is usually in the first session, which becomes my only session. So needless to say, this was a huge thing for me. However it also has me wondering... did I change something in the negative by removing the metal mouthpiece without any screen? I don't quite see how, but it just shocked me that I was able to double the session time.
Although keep in mind, I also don't use more than 0.15g, more often than not I use half that amount.
Also this is not a complaint, I was just hoping for some understanding. I almost feel like without the mouthpiece, the oven temp got messed up. No clue though.
Since you removed the screen in the mouthpiece and have less restriction with air flow you're essentially keeping the oven temp a little bit cooler if you're inhaling faster/inhaling more often. This could be the reason why the herbs are lasting longer.

And no, there should be no negative impact to the device itself.

RelaxedNow

Is the ELB the longer looking screen that you fill? Link?

I use just the cap. The larger basket portion doesn't fit in the CFX without bending it, and it's not really needed, IMO. Here's the link (if pasting works); http://www.vapexhale.com/collections/accessories/products/herb-baskets-4-pack

Also, I think what @jaidyn and @djchexxx say about longer and cooler sessions is true. If nothing else, the ELB caps definitely increase airflow. Just remove both pieces of the stock screen (screen and threaded retaining ring), and press a cap onto the side where the original sat. I pressed it on by working around the edge with a dab tool.

scottyc22

So after finally deciding on the CF I see that there's a 2.0 in the works. For someone that has used puffitup before (where I'd buy it from), if I order a CF now, can I send it back in a month or 2 when the 2.0 comes out and get the revised one sent back to me?

And how is the CF stealth-wise?

Last edited:

murf2010

So after finally deciding on the CF I see that there's a 2.0 in the works. For someone that has used puffitup before (where I'd buy it from), if I order a CF now, can I send it back in a month or 2 when the 2.0 comes out and get the revised one sent back to me? Is it worth waiting for the revised one?

It's so cheap just buy another one

murf2010,
Top Bottom