Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

YungLeaner

Actually, the ELB caps have a smaller basket diameter than the EQ elbow screens. So they are smaller, if only by a little. I don't have a CFX, so I can't say if it is enough of a difference to matter, but I just wanted to clarify that point.

:peace:
Good call, not interchangeable for everything but in this case they are

EVlL 55

Hello everyone.
I got my 2nd replacement unit the other day...no issues..works great.
I have to try the pipe screen in the m.p...the elb cap works well too.
I did pop out the bottom screen w/ an ssv pick....looks like a white mighty underneath kinda....I put a s.s. screen on the bottom..fits perfect...then a domed screen on top of that to keep it off the heat somewhat...it was pretty dirty under the stock screen...it's doesn't sit flush..it's sort of bent up at the edges..I suppose that's why.
The engine in this vape is a monster...I truly believe with some tweaking here and there on the casing and electronics it could command pretty much any price it sees fit.

YungLeaner

Hello everyone.
I got my 2nd replacement unit the other day...no issues..works great.
I have to try the pipe screen in the m.p...the elb cap works well too.
I did pop out the bottom screen w/ an ssv pick....looks like a white mighty underneath kinda....I put a s.s. screen on the bottom..fits perfect...then a domed screen on top of that to keep it off the heat somewhat...it was pretty dirty under the stock screen...it's doesn't sit flush..it's sort of bent up at the edges..I suppose that's why.
The engine in this vape is a monster...I truly believe with some tweaking here and there on the casing and electronics it could command pretty much any price it sees fit.
Great info! any household items of similar size and shape to the SSV pick? And I agree about the engine...It needs a better stock screen system, a reduced bowl (not even crucial) and a repurposing towards convection. The water pipe stem may do a lot of that. But imagine a "bottomless" stainless steel oven with air holes poked on the sides and 2 layers of mesh screen below, one directly inserted into/at the bottom of the oven, and one below to protect the heater cartridge...S & B would need a new business model shortly :D

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
For those of you who haven't taken out the bottom screen, won't this screen eventually need to come out anyway for cleaning purposes? I imagine the chamber screen would get pretty dirty after a lot of bowls have been vaped through it.
I was thinking the same thing? Do you need to eventually change the bottom stock screen in the heating chamber because iv read of people saying it gets pretty damn dirty down there lol

EVlL 55

....when I popped the bottom screen out,..it was after 2 loads only on my replacement unit....(who I can't thank boundless enough for....zero hassles...very nice.)...it was dirtier than I thought it would be...not resinated so much as solid particles.
...the stock screen sits kinda on,....and kinda off the floor of the vaporizer...the edges are bent up a little letting alot get thru...I suppose using the elbs as pre-loads would remedy this...but I prefer going native to the bowl...Its probably all mental but by replacing that screen on the bottom I feel more comfortable when loading and stirring as to not gunk up that precious oven.

sickmanfraud

I really wanted to get one of these with my birthday just round the corner, but the postage costs to the UK are incredible. $50-80 postage costs alone plus any VaT added at customs just wipes out any affordability that this unit offers.

What else competes with this for ~£100-120

Vaposhop, a sponsor of FC https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizers/?filter=price-7-675,25-104

has the CF and CFX in stock. 189 Euros is more than $179, but no postage issues.

Justpassedu

Actually, the ELB caps have a smaller basket diameter than the EQ elbow screens. So they are smaller, if only by a little. I don't have a CFX, so I can't say if it is enough of a difference to matter, but I just wanted to clarify that point.

:peace:
They both work , no worries.

Eatrocks

U could prob get mighty like airflow if u cut a bigger hole where the mouthpiece screen sits...good luck figuring out how to cut it though lol. But the mighty has a mouthpiece screen at least twice as wide as the cfx.....bust out the jigsaw cause idk how you gonna cut thru that plastic.

RelaxedNow

U could prob get mighty like airflow if u cut a bigger hole where the mouthpiece screen sits...good luck figuring out how to cut it though lol. But the mighty has a mouthpiece screen at least twice as wide as the cfx.....bust out the jigsaw cause idk how you gonna cut thru that plastic.

Drill it?

Personally, I wouldn't mess with it until I had a spare mp in-hand. Not because I'm afraid I'd mess up, but because it may create too much airflow. I swear I've had to reduce my draw speed since I swapped out the factory screen for an ESV coarse screen. At what was my normal draw speed, it just doesn't provide the same clouds as it did with the factory screen.

I'm still undecided as to whether I like it this way. I think I may prefer the more restricted airflow after all.

Now, if I can just figure out how to achieve the more restricted flow, without the screen getting plugged up....maybe I'll just have to accept that it needs to be cleaned frequently. But, I do have the ELB's on the way, so.....

Or perhaps it's all perception. I never did enjoy science class; it was too damn structured.

You could use a Drexel and a pointed sanding stone. I'm not sure if they make one that small.

BurtBigMacklin,
Reactions: grokit

Eatrocks

U mean a dremel?? Yea that be perfect to widen the hole..heh heh. It's a small rotary tool with tiny bit attachments perfect for widening out the hole...I'd have to get a top hat screen or elb to use when I do that mod.

I think it draws good as is without the stock mp screen. If u fill the chamber halfway ur gonna get huge clouds. I didn't notice a difference when I swapped the chamber screen

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Ordered my elb's today they should be in tmrw! Will try my cfx today old school way just packing it in the chamber, then I'll try it with the elb's tmrw and I'll report back with updates on it :) cheers!

Last edited:

Justpassedu

I use both and they both fit but are a different size. ELB wont take EQ as a cap stock but close .
You are correct a Arizer dome screen will not fit a Elb from the Evo but both dome screens will fit the Cf & Cfx so no worries as this isn't the Evo thread.

Justpassedu,

Eatrocks

Those prices look better, the cf for ~£100 is really tempting.

Somebody must have both the cf and cfx, which is the one to buy?
Does puff it up not ship to outside us?!? They have best price with coupon.

I have just the cfx, differences I've heard is the draw on the cf is shorter due to size. If size isn't a big deal get the cfx, ull get more battery, more control over the temp.

Eatrocks,
Reactions: grokit

Milkytime

Get the CF for the price much better value, 109$ for cf 159$ for CFX and all you do is loose 15 degress i dont even use my 415 temp set very often, i stay at 385 and step to 400 to finish.

Battery life was said to be about the same from boudless mouth i think they stated.
10-12 sessions for CF (about what i get)
12-15 for CFX
basically the 2nd battery is there just to operate the giant screen that draws a lot of power.

CF will fit in a pocket

The CFX has the optional DC charge in 30 min but as stated is harder on the battery in the long run.

For 50$ less its the same vape pretty much. Thats 1/3 less for same performance. So the CF is undeniably the best value, but If you want to pay 50$ more for a screen, 15 degress and DC charging thats cool too.

Eatrocks

I'm talking myself into gettin a mighty due to the deals at piu. The reliability of the s&b portables have been putting me off. I feel if I get it the cfx will be my go to backup..or when I send it in for a claim...sigh...90 second heat up time for mighty wtf.

little maggie

Just a comment. I have both the CF and CFX. When I first got the CFX I thought it was defective. I have to set the temp pretty high to get good clouds. It's not defective. But the CF has always just been smoother and easier to use. If I could only have one it would definitely be the CF.

little maggie,
Reactions: tblast

Hedonismbot

Hi everybody. I just got a CFX a couple of days ago and so far I'm really liking it. I almost ordered directly from Boundless but realized I would be sending my credit card info over an unsecured link. So I got it from Puffitup instead. Very fast service. I ordered it on Friday and had it in my hand the next Monday. Puffitup was nice enough to throw in a couple of Arizer EQ top-hat screens. (They also threw in a defective no-name 4 piece grinder that went straight to the trash. But the thought was nice!)

Figuring out how to disassemble the mouthpiece was interesting. I removed the little mouthpiece screen and the metal collar that it screws on to. So from the very first bowl I used an EQ screen instead which fit snugly in the top of the bowl.

I shredded some dry bud with my SCS 4-piece and filled the bowl with the very fluffy herb. Tamped it down a bit, reassembled and turned it on setting the temp to 380F. After a quick 20 second warm-up I took my first hit and got a very tasty cloud right from the get-go. After a few hits I opened the vape and stirred the bud but I'm not sure if it really needed it. After several more hits the vapor dropped off so I dumped the ABV and was impressed by how even the extraction was. The ABV was ever so slightly darker than the Solo ABV that I always vape on a setting of '4'.

While I am impressed with the CFX I don't think it will replace my Persei/Hercules as my daily driver but it will be my go-to when I want to take a break from concentrates, replacing my old Solo for that purpose.

My initial experience, very, very nice so far. I love the ease of use, relatively low price, fast heat up (faster than the Solo but no match for the Hercules or my ESV), good flavor and build quality and very nice display. Dislikes are plastic in the vapor path (what is it? Delrin?) and overall a bit bulkier than I would have liked. But I see this being my main flower vape for now.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and shared experiences. I probably would have never discovered this vape without all your comments. I would definitely recommend this vape especially for new vaporists.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@Hedonismbot Hey buddy great post! Did you do a burn off before you starting drawing from the unit? If so how long, many people have different time lengths of burn offs was just curious how long you did your burnoff for?

Andrew26,

Hedonismbot

@Hedonismbot Hey buddy great post! Did you do a burn off before you starting drawing from the unit? If so how long, many people have different time lengths of burn offs was just curious how long you did your burnoff for?

Thanks Andrew. I swabbed out the bowl with a qtip soaked with ISO and rinsed out the mouthpiece with maybe a teaspoon of ISO. After it was dry i heated it up to temp with an empty bowl for just a few seconds and did a couple of inhales. I found no taste or odor at all. That was the extent of my burn off! Seemed clean to me and I don't like to do multiple long sessions with nothing in the bowl. That seems to me to be just asking for trouble!

I've done a few bowls now since that post and my CFX is working great. It's so easy to use.

Top Bottom