Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Honestly man I saw the video for their wpa and they said it would be available in a couple weeks! That was almost 2 months ago, and Boundless needs to make their own Easy Load Bowls!!! $$$

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I think my favorite method of use is just taking a nug, breaking it into just a few chunks, and ripping it with no ELB. Taste is pretty great IMO especially for conduction

I know radiant heat is always talked about with this, I definitely agree. Not sure how the temperature gauge on this thing works, but basically anytime I'm done with a session and turn off the heater, I always see my temp gauge shoot up like 20 degrees or so. Just did a bowl at 415 and when I turned off the heater it said 438 and then trickled down. Happens all the time

Been enjoying it alot, took it to the bar last night and was a big hit, for it's big hits!

I think I like using it stock DD more through water but its definitely fun to rip it through some water pipes, I can chief away and pull hard and long and get some pretty fat hits! But if I'm using it through water I'm usually at home, and I have nicer stuff IMO to rip through water........as a pocketable on the go though this thing is awesome!

It is a bit hot at higher temps DD, but bearable. YMMV if you're sensitive to that.

Saw Civil War yesterday too, this was really convenient to get lit before hand! Pretty good movie if you go into it with Marvel movie expectations, one of the best in that regard.

I also like the outside material, feels really nice in hand

More miles to run on it :)

RelaxedNow

I think I've had my best results with ground material....though it's hard to be sure when one is vaping psychoactive herbs. I keep my weed in jars with 62% Boveda packs, and am wondering how much of a factor that is in regard to this.

I haven't tried ELB's yet, but have they're on the way.

stoneloc

Just got my CFX.

HO-LEE-SHIT that thing heats up fast. Coming from a Crafty this is damn near an on-demand vape as long as you pull some cooling hits before stowing it.

My first test after burnoff was interesting though--vaped a single, fluffy outside Blue Dream smallie--small enough to just drop in to the bottom without any pushing down. I figured that the fluffiness would minimize the amount of contact with the oven, and really would require some degree of heated airflow to be even.

I'll be damned if the thing didn't vape evenly brown all the way through. I had to drive the vape up towards 190C or so to get steady vapor, but it definitely worked. I'm pretty lit, and I don't see any scorching or unevenness.

j2VTZ5k.jpg

So count me in as convinced there's some stuff going on with the heating past a simple oven. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't have worked nearly as well in a Pax.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Been using the HA a bit lately makes me think I need a boundless as a portable session vape... Also the clouds look much nicer from the CF/X.
Anyone tried both to compare?

I think you would really like this vape, especially if you're a fan of the HA. It reminds me a lot of the HA in alot of ways. The whole radiant conduction I also do think the HA has some of that going on, the chamber is built similarly, plus the whole "Great anyway you choose to use it"

Works great with any consistancy, easy to pair with water with an Underdog NonG, taste is similar to the HA too IMO....I really like this vape, a great couch sipper as well :)

little maggie

Guys, I'm fucking TORN between the CF and the firewood 3. Anyone have experience/thoughts about both?
I have both. I rarely use the FW3. Get the CF.
(Although you're likely to get some biased responses when you post in a vapes thread. Maybe the Ask FC thread would give you a different response)

little maggie,

subway13029

I agree with fw being a more "advanced" vape..cf is turn on and pack a million diff ways and go to town..firewood more manual..

subway13029,

scottyc22

I've owned a Flowermate in the past... Looking to upgrade. How difficult is the Firewood to learn? Even if I was an advanced vaporent is the FW better than the CF? Also worried about portability, as the firewood looks MUCH more discreet and sexy.

scottyc22,

sChris

Account Closed
I really wanted to get one of these with my birthday just round the corner, but the postage costs to the UK are incredible. $50-80 postage costs alone plus any VaT added at customs just wipes out any affordability that this unit offers.

What else competes with this for ~£100-120

sChris,

Mr. Me2

I'm waiting for someone to review and compare the Puri5 Titanic 2 to the cfx...

Mr. Me2,

little maggie

I've owned a Flowermate in the past... Looking to upgrade. How difficult is the Firewood to learn? Even if I was an advanced vaporent is the FW better than the CF? Also worried about portability, as the firewood looks MUCH more discreet and sexy.
The CF is better. I don't think the FW is hard to learn. I don't especially like the capsule system and I like the flavor better from the CF. It is larger than the FW but will fit in a pocket. Plus the FW is one of the least attractive wood vapes I've seen. Even though not wood, the CF seems a bit sleeker.
As an aside- the Milaana's are shipping and that's an amazing vape- simple, powerful and produces tasty clouds. I alternate now between that and the CF.

scottyc22

The CF is better. I don't think the FW is hard to learn. I don't especially like the capsule system and I like the flavor better from the CF. It is larger than the FW but will fit in a pocket. Plus the FW is one of the least attractive wood vapes I've seen. Even though not wood, the CF seems a bit sleeker.
As an aside- the Milaana's are shipping and that's an amazing vape- simple, powerful and produces tasty clouds. I alternate now between that and the CF.
What's the Milaana all about?

scottyc22,

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys I'm still on the fence on whether to order a pack of ELB'S for my cfx vape or not lol!! I know there's lots of good ppl saying it's awesome and some say there so so on it, I just can't make up my mind !!!

YungLeaner

Hey guys I'm still on the fence on whether to order a pack of ELB'S for my cfx vape or not lol!! I know there's lots of good ppl saying it's awesome and some say there so so on it, I just can't make up my mind !!!
I honestly think having the Underdog stem for a water pipe adapter is an even bigger upgrade. But if taste is a central factor for you (it isn't for everyone) than definitely grab the ELBs, it takes the CFX from amazing to even better. You'll be happy either way.

Justpassedu

The bottom line is , do you have a problem with getting the stock screen included with the cfx clogged ? if answered yes than buying the elb screens will help a great deal , if not than there really is no need for them. They only help to not get the stock screen clogged up , they will also provide a tiny bit of better airflow if used without the stock screen installed and just the elbow screen.

Top Bottom