Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Eatrocks

Yeq
Is the screen supposed to shut off while you are charging the CFX? When I plug it in, the battery light indicator shows up and indicates that it's charging, but soon after the screen goes to sleep and I have to press a button to show the indicator again. Is this normal behavior?
Yea normal, when it's fully charged when plugged in u have to Hit the power button once and ull see the full battery in white.

When I plug it in my car I get this low volume static thru my car speakers whether or not if the stereo is on or off. It charges it fine but I don't plug it in there regularly, its plugged into a 5V 1.2 amp adapter I use for my TomTom and phone.

Eatrocks,

RelaxedNow

Is the screen supposed to shut off while you are charging the CFX? When I plug it in, the battery light indicator shows up and indicates that it's charging, but soon after the screen goes to sleep and I have to press a button to show the indicator again. Is this normal behavior?

Mine works the same. I have no intention of attempting to use it while charging, so I'm fine with that.

but some say the VapeXhale baskets add more convection. I've ordered some, so I'll see for myself. However, I like it either way, as long as I don't crank the temperature too high.

@Eatrocks, I tried holding the power button and putting it in standby, as you suggested, and it climbed 30F without even hitting it. I tried a second time, and it started falling immediately. Then I tried again, this time taking a hit; it jumped 35F before I hit it, and quickly dropped below the set temp (360F) when I took a hit. So, it seems a bit erratic, but I don't see it as a problem, as it still gives me what I'm looking for. I'm guessing it may be software-related, something to do with the standby mode.

Last edited:
RelaxedNow,

grokit

well-worn member
When I plug it in my car I get this low volume static thru my car speakers whether or not if the stereo is on or off. It charges it fine but I don't plug it in there regularly, its plugged into a 5V 1.2 amp adapter I use for my TomTom and phone.
So your car has an ac outlet in it, and you're comparing the fast charge to the usb charge?

:wave:
Mine's on the way from puffitup, can't wait to try it I really want to like it. I have elb's and plenty of arizer baskets and they said I'm getting some special top screens and stuff so I should be able to find my groove. My crafty went sour and my warranty experience with b&s/us cured my longing for a mighty, so hello!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
So your car has an ac outlet in it, and you're comparing the fast charge to the usb charge?

:wave:
Mine's on the way from puffitup, can't wait to try it I really want to like it. I have elb's and plenty of arizer baskets and they said I'm getting some special top screens and stuff so I should be able to find my groove. My crafty went sour and my warranty experience with b&s/us cured my longing for a mighty, so hello!

Great minds....mine just arrived today from PiU!

I have to finish some wrk before I can truly test it out, ran like 5-6 cycles at 430 to burn off most of the "new electronic" smell. Still there a bit but will probably disappate with use.

Threw it on the charger at 235ish est when it was completely dead and cooled off. It's 255 now and 3 of 5 bars are filled. Very fast charging seems like.

It's bigger than I thought....thicker I guess is a better word. Build quality seems nice. The area you attach the mouthpiece seems better made than the Mighty TBH.

Something silly....but it was packaged really well. Everything nice and compact easy to store all the parts in the box.

Don't know if it's been covered but when I was skimming saw @ginolicious mention he needed C heat setting....if you hold the + and - for 3 seconds it changes to C

Looking forward to some heavy testing

Likes2vape

Next time u vape ur boundless try this...load it up, take a few hits then hold the power to turn off the heater as u finish a draw and see if the temp goes up 5-15 degrees (I usually see a 10 to 15 degree jump).
The hot air ur drawing up thru the bowl raises the temp and makes it have a decent amount of convection.

I get the jump in temp also when it turns off.

I just got my cfx yesterday after having owned the cf for about a month now..2 difference that i have noticed so far.. 1st being that the cf is def more restricted than the cfx. Its noticeable and the cf has the bottom screen removed and its still noticeable to me..the cfx definately had much bigger intake holes at the bottom so i guess that is it. Sometimes when i hit my cf i will have my finger over the intake holes without knowing and it fully restricts it.. and my 2nd noticeable difference is to me it seems that with the cf and its more restricted draw that i gwt clouds on first hit and a bit thicker..with the cfx and its more airy wide open draw the first hit is flavor town and the vapor starts coming on hit 2 and 3 and then rips. Im wondering if the difference in draw restriction has anything to do with the clouds at start? I love both these babies but need the wpa so i can use it with my hydratubes ala my mighty..the cfx is alot closer to mighty in restriction that the cf is..

That's good to know about the CF. I love my CFX but would hate a more restrictive draw. My 1st draw is a little whispy but the second one is cloud city.

Get the underdog NonG for a wpa. It works awesome I honestly don't care if Boundless ever comes out with one as the NonG works so well.

This happens to mine as well. It se ms normal.

The CFX has become my daily driver. I use it more than my EVO. I just love the quick heat up time on the CFX plus it's super low maintenance and blows clouds!

Gandalf

@Likes2vape Are you still using the ELB setup in your CFX?

I removed the stock mouthpiece screen, left the stock bowl screen as it is, and use an Arizer EQ screen to cap the top of the bowl to prevent the mouthpiece from getting gunked up. To be honest it only makes the vape easier to clean and doesn't really do much if anything for the draw restriction.

How is the draw restriction with the ELB setup? Noticeably better?

Likes2vape

@Likes2vape Are you still using the ELB setup in your CFX?

I removed the stock mouthpiece screen, left the stock bowl screen as it is, and use an Arizer EQ screen to cap the top of the bowl to prevent the mouthpiece from getting gunked up. To be honest it only makes the vape easier to clean and doesn't really do much if anything for the draw restriction.

How is the draw restriction with the ELB setup? Noticeably better?
I don't use the elbs to often unless I want to micro dose or I want to savor the flavor of a strain. I do use the elb top screen as the mouthpiece screen but that is it really.

I love that I can just break a nug up by hand and throw it in. I find the CFX doesn't really care about the grind, no need to carry a grinder or pre grind when going out is awesome!

Edit: I only used the stock mouthpiece screen once and replaced it with the elb cap. The draw was improved by quite a bit and I haven't looked back since.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I don't use the elbs to often unless I want to micro dose or I want to savor the flavor of a strain. I do use the elb top screen as the mouthpiece screen but that is it really.

I love that I can just break a nug up by hand and throw it in. I find the CFX doesn't really care about the grind, no need to carry a grinder or pre grind when going out is awesome!

Edit: I only used the stock mouthpiece screen once and replaced it with the elb cap. The draw was improved by quite a bit and I haven't looked back since.

Do your ELBs fit in stock? This goes for anyone btw.

I was able to easily swap out the mouthpiece screen for an ELB cap, that was no problem at all.

I thought I'd have to remove the bottom screen to fit an ELB.....

Couldn't remove the bottom screen for the life of me! :lol: I don't have anything thin enough to hook under it, all my paper clips are just too big, and my dabbers are too thick or awkwardly angled and I just can't seem to reach it......was about to head over to my rents to see if maybe they had anything.......

Decided, fuck it, let me just put the bottom of ELB on my mouthpiece as well and try to see if it fits........and while certainly snugger, I honestly don't think I'm causing that much more additional stress or anything to the joint where the mouthpiece locks. And it seems to work fine!

This is great, because I didn't want to restrict myself to only ELB usage (which I'd be doing without the bottom screen i think)......what you mentioned Likes2Vape about the whole nugs.......I was thinking this thing would be pretty perfect for that! The only other vape that really thoroughly roasts full nugs for me is the Herbalaire......the chamber on this thing just reminds me so much of that personally.

I threw the ELB in, just to see how much it would be sticking out if at all, and really not much.....should be noted, I had an ELB start unraveling from the bottom a few months back, and I cut the wire.....was maybe like half an inch of wire I cut off. That is the ELB I'm using, Perhaps if it was a true stock ELB would push it over the top, or I lucked out? Idk :lol: I am pretty baked off this thing!

MvqMqdW.jpg

(I got rid of that hair lol)

Taste was pretty good at the start, evened out after the first 2-3 minutes but definitely not bad! For the price a steal! Took me about 7.5 minutes to kill the fully loaded ELB at 380. I was drawing hard as hell, it was keeping up! I can't wait to test this through water, thank you to all for the suggestion on the CFX, as it is indeed right up my alley :)

My only gripe so far is that when I turned it on, said I had 3 batts not 4, then went up to 4, then went down to 3, back up to 4 now. So I'll just make sure I charge it when it gets low :lol: and if that's my biggest complaint, things look good! And I guess the bottom screen being so hard to remove but again this is nitpicking.......More testing involved, will shoot some video sometime this weekend of me trying to milk something with big volume most definitely!

Edit: there was definitely more draw restriction than most things I own but I honestly didn't think it was that bad overall.....I do have strong lungs so YMMV

YungLeaner

Do your ELBs fit in stock? This goes for anyone btw.

I was able to easily swap out the mouthpiece screen for an ELB cap, that was no problem at all.

I thought I'd have to remove the bottom screen to fit an ELB.....

Couldn't remove the bottom screen for the life of me! :lol: I don't have anything thin enough to hook under it, all my paper clips are just too big, and my dabbers are too thick or awkwardly angled and I just can't seem to reach it......was about to head over to my rents to see if maybe they had anything.......

Decided, fuck it, let me just put the bottom of ELB on my mouthpiece as well and try to see if it fits........and while certainly snugger, I honestly don't think I'm causing that much more additional stress or anything to the joint where the mouthpiece locks. And it seems to work fine!

This is great, because I didn't want to restrict myself to only ELB usage (which I'd be doing without the bottom screen i think)......what you mentioned Likes2Vape about the whole nugs.......I was thinking this thing would be pretty perfect for that! The only other vape that really thoroughly roasts full nugs for me is the Herbalaire......the chamber on this thing just reminds me so much of that personally.

I threw the ELB in, just to see how much it would be sticking out if at all, and really not much.....should be noted, I had an ELB start unraveling from the bottom a few months back, and I cut the wire.....was maybe like half an inch of wire I cut off. That is the ELB I'm using, Perhaps if it was a true stock ELB would push it over the top, or I lucked out? Idk :lol: I am pretty baked off this thing!

MvqMqdW.jpg

(I got rid of that hair lol)

Taste was pretty good at the start, evened out after the first 2-3 minutes but definitely not bad! For the price a steal! Took me about 7.5 minutes to kill the fully loaded ELB at 380. I was drawing hard as hell, it was keeping up! I can't wait to test this through water, thank you to all for the suggestion on the CFX, as it is indeed right up my alley :)

My only gripe so far is that when I turned it on, said I had 3 batts not 4, then went up to 4, then went down to 3, back up to 4 now. So I'll just make sure I charge it when it gets low :lol: and if that's my biggest complaint, things look good! And I guess the bottom screen being so hard to remove but again this is nitpicking.......More testing involved, will shoot some video sometime this weekend of me trying to milk something with big volume most definitely!

Edit: there was definitely more draw restriction than most things I own but I honestly didn't think it was that bad overall.....I do have strong lungs so YMMV
If you get out the bottom screen airflow will improve even more. You can also take out the intake air screen, which would do more but I haven't found it necessary as with just the top removed I get pretty remarkable clouds, pretty similar to Evo clouds with less flavor. Given the state of the portable vaporizer game this thing should be a huge seller. Their electronics do need to be slightly improved, though. My battery indicator also fluctuates a bit and I usually have to turn CFX on twice for it to stay on.

Eatrocks

If you get out the bottom screen airflow will improve even more. You can also take out the intake air screen, which would do more but I haven't found it necessary as with just the top removed I get pretty remarkable clouds, pretty similar to Evo clouds with less flavor. Given the state of the portable vaporizer game this thing should be a huge seller. Their electronics do need to be slightly improved, though. My battery indicator also fluctuates a bit and I usually have to turn CFX on twice for it to stay on.

Yea I've noticed the battery indicator kinda pulses every 30 seconds or so.

Mr. Me2

Couldn't remove the bottom screen for the life of me! :lol: I don't have anything thin enough to hook under it, all my paper clips are just too big, and my dabbers are too thick or awkwardly angled and I just can't seem to reach it......was aboutto head over to my rents to see if maybe they had anything.......

I went to an art supply store and got a tool used for clay. It's tapered , pointed with a fine edge. I use it for cleaning but I bet it would work to help remove the screen

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I replaced the mouthpiece screen with a stock pipe screen by putting it inside the mouthpiece and I love it. I don't know where I saw this...buzz, maybe? I also used an elb in the chamber yesterday and think I will go back to just packing the chamber. I don't know why, but I liked it better. I will say it took less puffs after turning it off to get all the vapor than when I pack directly, so it does push the balance more toward convection.

Eatrocks

Couldn't remove the bottom screen for the life of me! :lol: I don't have anything thin enough to hook under it, all my paper clips are just too big, and my dabbers are too thick or awkwardly angled and I just can't seem to reach it......was aboutto head over to my rents to see if maybe they had anything.......

I went to an art supply store and got a tool used for clay. It's tapered , pointed with a fine edge. I use it for cleaning but I bet it would work to help remove the screen

It took me a few minutes with the dab tool thing that was included, the stock screen has gaps around it where bits can pass through and u can pry it out. The screen it put in its place fits very tight...i dont think I can get it back out without ruining the screen...it stays clean...cleaner than the sides of the ceramic chamber....q-tip dipped in ISO couldn't clean it.

Eatrocks,

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Honestly I love coming to this forum :) I'm about to hit the trigger on some ELB'S for my CFX that's coming in the mail soon! Are they worth buying for my CFX?? Anyone have anything else to add about the elb's being used with the CFX? Cheers!

Last edited:

subway13029

I would just use the concentrate canister that comes with the cfx..remove the cotton and pack with herb..the elb has to be crushed slightly..i mean you can use them but i just pack mine directly..works a champ..

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
I would just use the concentrate canister that comes with the cfx..remove the cotton and pack with herb..the elb has to be crushed slightly..i mean you can use them but i just pack mine directly..works a champ..

I feel like the concentrate canister it comes with would be to small no, and I have shatter to try it with ;) I just feel like like elb's just make it easier to clean and savour the flavor of your herbs? I have no experience with the elb's but people's comments are making me wanna buy some lol

I feel like the concentrate canister it comes with would be to small no, and I have shatter to try it with ;) I just feel like like elb's just make it easier to clean and savour the flavor of your herbs? I have no experience with the elb's but people's comments are making me wanna buy some lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/4i3uya/how_to_modify_boundless_cfx/

this post convinced me to order some. It looks very convenient. Possibly make some pre-packed pods.

Eatrocks

I wish I could figure what to get to have a long tube to hit from...hot temps do it for me but consecutive hits on cfx is intense.

YungLeaner

I wish I could figure what to get to have a long tube to hit from...hot temps do it for me but consecutive hits on cfx is intense.
Underdog stainless steel-tipped nylom stems. The ones that are meant for waterpipe adaptation are awesome for just that and the stainless steel tip is a perfect fit into the mouthpiece hole for the CFX. The longer direct draw stems (not meant for water pipes) provide a tasty, elongated airpath.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/4i3uya/how_to_modify_boundless_cfx/

this post convinced me to order some. It looks very convenient. Possibly make some pre-packed pods.

Thank you! Appreciate it!

Underdog stainless steel-tipped nylom stems. The ones that are meant for waterpipe adaptation are awesome for just that and the stainless steel tip is a perfect fit into the mouthpiece hole for the CFX. The longer direct draw stems (not meant for water pipes) provide a tasty, elongated airpath.

Do you have to remove the ceramic straw that you draw from to attach the adapter? Cuz I'm looking for a sweet way to attach my water bong to it. It has a 19 mm male fitting. Could you provide a pic please that would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

YungLeaner

Thank you! Appreciate it!

Do you have to remove the ceramic straw that you draw from to attach the adapter? Cuz I'm looking for a sweet way to attach my water bong to it. It has a 19 mm male fitting. Could you provide a pic please that would be awesome!
I don't know what you mean by ceramic straw, but all you take off is the top black plastic mouthpiece part you inhale from. It pops off easily and reveals a small hole which fits these perfectly
http://underdogvapes.com/nong

YungLeaner,
Top Bottom