Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

david8613

Im currently using a cheap hebe titan 2, what is that conduction or convection? I thought it was convection since its not burning my herb.

david8613,

MySega

Im currently using a cheap hebe titan 2, what is that conduction or convection? I thought it was convection since its not burning my herb.

Convection is hot air passing through the product to heat it. Conduction is the product being heated directly in contact with the heating element. Temperature has everything to do with combustion, not the method of which it was heated.

Saintcloud

The CF is a ton of vape for a small stack of money, IMHO. Probably the best value out there for a battery powered portable. As we know vapor doesnt smell or linger quite like smoke does at all, but if you want to minimize the smell a lot more, get one of the Smoke Buddy carbon-activated sploofs. You can take a monster rip from your waterpipe and exhale into the buddy and it removes the smell. Though unless you share ventilation systems and can smell them making toast or something, its likely the vapor wont seep through unless you're having a monster session or something.
I decided to pull the trigger on the CF! Pretty excited to see how this thing lives up to my expectations. First order from PIU too so I'm excited to see their legendary service!

hillbill

CFX is conduction/convection which makes for strong draws but does use somewhat more herb or uses it faster. A true convection ONLY vape like an Underdog can be sitting well heated and not vaporize the herb until you draw or heat is drawn through the herb.

It seems that the use of baskets or tanks may create or enhance convective effect. Being not a purist.... Whatever works is fine.

david8613

Im stuck and cannot decide, i like the cfx for its large screen, and 2 ways to charge via usb and wall outlet, longer battery life, and vapor everyone talks about, But the cfv is calling me for its true convection, slightly smaller size, and modular with the rings, and not cooking herb when idle. Who has had both units and what are the pros and cons of each in real use? Does the cfx cook the herb that much when idle?

david8613,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Im stuck and cannot decide, i like the cfx for its large screen, and 2 ways to charge via usb and wall outlet, longer battery life, and vapor everyone talks about, But the cfv is calling me for its true convection, slightly smaller size, and modular with the rings, and not cooking herb when idle. Who has had both units and what are the pros and cons of each in real use? Does the cfx cook the herb that much when idle?

you pretty much nailed the differences. now you gotta decide! The cf and cfx will cook a bowl to completion if it just sits there without being hit.

beefsupreme

Who has had both units and what are the pros and cons of each in real use? Does the cfx cook the herb that much when idle?

I have both (had the CFX first, then the CFV when it came out on pre-order). If I had to pick just one of them, I'd pick the CFV right now - It wins on efficiency and ease of use. You can turn it on and forget it and it doesnt bake your herb anyway. The flavor of the vapor is also a couple notches better. I haven't experimented with the different rings but its pretty subtle what differences they have right now. The bigger change one is coming next month when the full stainless steel ring is released, so you can add conduction to the vape if you want it. Only thing I'd say is a downside about the CFV is the battery. Its fine for a couple of bowls, but if you're heading out for a night with a group, you'll want to bring along the external battery you already likely have for your cellphone, to keep it charged up.

beefsupreme,
Reactions: KeroZen

Cl4ud3

So with the auto shut off, it will cook an entire bowl in that time? Its like 5 mins right?
The CFX won't cook your herb completely unless your pulling air through as its hybrid heating (the ceramic oven will get hot through some conduction), it will spoil your herb though and waste a bit. The CFV won't cook your herb at all unless your pulling air.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: KeroZen

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So with the auto shut off, it will cook an entire bowl in that time? Its like 5 mins right?

yup. If you're looking for something that is pretty hard to fuck up, then get the cfx. It's an inexpensive brainless vape that works well with whatever you throw at it. the cfv requires a little more understanding and technique. the first hits are wispier off the cfv and you will need to stir once or twice per bowl.

PrisonMike

Hey guys, I'm new here, wanted to say thanks for all the information about these vapes. I ordered the CF on black friday and I'm painfully waiting for it to arrive. After much research I have some unanswered questions.

1. Is there a way of shutting off the CF besides waiting 5 mins? I've heard some bad things about the battery and was wondering if this would help somewhat to extend its life.

2. Would an Anker usb wall quick charger help my CF charge faster? would this be safe for the CF battery? Would it sense when the battery is full and stop charging? Would anyone here say they have a good experience using a quick charger of any kind? I put the link for the charger below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUSYF8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you

PrisonMike,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey guys, I'm new here, wanted to say thanks for all the information about these vapes. I ordered the CF on black friday and I'm painfully waiting for it to arrive. After much research I have some unanswered questions.

1. Is there a way of shutting off the CF besides waiting 5 mins? I've heard some bad things about the battery and was wondering if this would help somewhat to extend its life.

2. Would an Anker usb wall quick charger help my CF charge faster? would this be safe for the CF battery? Would it sense when the battery is full and stop charging? Would anyone here say they have a good experience using a quick charger of any kind? I put the link for the charger below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IUSYF8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you

You can turn the unit off at any time by pressing the power button 5 times. I don't know about your battery question

MySega

Usually slower charging is better for lithium ion batteries if I recall as it extends the life of the battery. I use a 1 amp or 2 amp charger for my cf and it works fine. Usually fully charges in under or around an hour.

MySega,

PrisonMike

Usually slower charging is better for lithium ion batteries if I recall as it extends the life of the battery. I use a 1 amp or 2 amp charger for my cf and it works fine. Usually fully charges in under or around an hour.

Crazy, all the reviews I've read say the cf takes about 3 hours. I assume you're not using the charger that it came with, right?

PrisonMike,

mikee336

Quick elb mod question. Does the top (cooking unit not want to sit flush with the top of the CFX with the ELB in? I attempted to use my CFX with the elb and the stock cooling unit for the first time yesterday (I've only used the WPA up until then which fits fine) and it didn't seem to want to seat into the oven nicely. I had to really push down on the cooling unit to get it in position to twist and lock it. is this normal?

mikee336,

Cl4ud3

Quick elb mod question. Does the top (cooking unit not want to sit flush with the top of the CFX with the ELB in? I attempted to use my CFX with the elb and the stock cooling unit for the first time yesterday (I've only used the WPA up until then which fits fine) and it didn't seem to want to seat into the oven nicely. I had to really push down on the cooling unit to get it in position to twist and lock it. is this normal?
Yes the ELB's are slightly larger than the oven with the lid in place. You can give the ELB's a tiny squeeze in the middle to help them fold down a bit. Another way is to remove the bottom oven screen but this means you can only use the device with the ELB's.

Cl4ud3,

hillbill

I rolled the bottom rim under on the ELB with needle nose pliers which actually seperates the herb from the oven bottom. I like the way my CFX performs this way. Maybe a bit more convection. I have been filling the ELB with loose grind and not compressing it at all. Working nicely. Tasty!

hillbill,

mikee336

Yes the ELB's are slightly larger than the oven with the lid in place. You can give the ELB's a tiny squeeze in the middle to help them fold down a bit. Another way is to remove the bottom oven screen but this means you can only use the device with the ELB's.

Any advice on how to remove the bottom screen? I actually wanted to remove it but upon attempting I couldn't get it to budge so I gave up to stop from breaking it.

mikee336,

Cl4ud3

Any advice on how to remove the bottom screen? I actually wanted to remove it but upon attempting I couldn't get it to budge so I gave up to stop from breaking it.
I used the dab/poke tool that came with the CFX. You could also try long nose pliers or tweezers.

Cl4ud3,

mikee336

I rolled the bottom rim under on the ELB with needle nose pliers which actually seperates the herb from the oven bottom. I like the way my CFX performs this way. Maybe a bit more convection. I have been filling the ELB with loose grind and not compressing it at all. Working nicely. Tasty!

Do you have a picture of what you're describing? Sounds interesting.

mikee336,

hillbill

No pics, but just take the bottom rim and bend it inward a little bit at a time. Takes about 8 or 10 bends to go all the way around. Keep things as even as possible until it fits oven. Sides stay straight and makes good vape! Really does seem to make for a smoother and tastier ride.

hillbill,

mikee336

No pics, but just take the bottom rim and bend it inward a little bit at a time. Takes about 8 or 10 bends to go all the way around. Keep things as even as possible until it fits oven. Sides stay straight and makes good vape! Really does seem to make for a smoother and tastier ride.

So you're bending the thicker metal rim at the top of the bottom piece inward? .

mikee336,
Top Bottom