Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

stickstones

Vapor concierge
just push it out and use as much force as necessary. if it doesn't easily remove it's because it is dirty and you will need to push harder.

stickstones,

ohmygodimsohigh

So is the cfv better than cfx?

better? that's a personal preference.

For me the cfv is better than the cfx when used as a daytime vape.
If you prefer clean and pure convection all the time, you'll prefer the CFV.

If I could only keep one, it would be the CF.

ohmygodimsohigh,

Canda_Guy

Does the cfv get you just as medicated as the cfx? I still can't decide?

I like the cfx. The battery life is the important thing to me, as well I can get very medicated on a very small amount. I do have primo bud though so that might make a difference.

Canda_Guy,
Reactions: Maine420

beefsupreme

Does the cfv get you just as medicated as the cfx? I still can't decide?

I have both units and the CFV without question is more efficient at using the same amount of herb. the bowl on it is smaller too.. but i'm still constantly amazed when i'm changing the CFV bowl and dumping the ABV at how little material it uses per bowl and how well that gets me toasted. The CFX wins on other points though, one being battery life, the other being the large size bowl means you can fit like 0.5g in there and pass it around a room before needing a refill.

MySega

Just picked up some ELBs and I'm having some issue. I'm getting like no vapor when I use them where as before I was getting a ton out of my CF. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

MySega,

hillbill

CFX and my asthma related cough reflex were incompatible even after weeks of trying tricks and techniques. My wife does not have asthma and does have my CFX now. She loves it and to her is very smooth and tasty, so back to the Flowermates which are about as good a value as there is.

I had trouble with coughing from a Vapolution 2.0 which my friends also really enjoyed. I actually have always tolerated big smoke hits very well but wheeze later and cough up soot.

hillbill,

Grimspoon

I also have a asthma type cough and I must say that my CF makes me hack big time! I use my Volcano most of the time and it very seldom makes me cough, but the CF often sends me into a coughing fit.

I am still waiting to hear back from Boundless re my dud battery....not a word yet.

Grimspoon,

beefsupreme

Just picked up some ELBs and I'm having some issue. I'm getting like no vapor when I use them where as before I was getting a ton out of my CF. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I found with the ELBs I had to run the CFX a bit hotter (380 vs my old standby of 365). Have you tried bumping up the power one notch on your CF and see if you're getting better results? I dont grind the herb too finely in the ELB, more of a medium/fluffy grind from a 4-piece. You dont want it too compacted or compressed either, you want the air to be able to get through the material within it and vaporize all the good stuff. If its compressed you'll only get air circulating around the outside portion. Let us know how it goes!

ginolicious

Hmm I was shopping for one last night and Namaste vapes sent me something via email because I did not buy the CF. They were going to give me 10% off if I buy it in the next 48 hours. Puts my price at about $170CDN. Cannot come to pull the trigger on this. Kinda want the swift pro or CFV but don't want to pay $300 plus.

ginolicious,

MySega

I found with the ELBs I had to run the CFX a bit hotter (380 vs my old standby of 365). Have you tried bumping up the power one notch on your CF and see if you're getting better results? I dont grind the herb too finely in the ELB, more of a medium/fluffy grind from a 4-piece. You dont want it too compacted or compressed either, you want the air to be able to get through the material within it and vaporize all the good stuff. If its compressed you'll only get air circulating around the outside portion. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the tip. I was compressing down the material thinking about the conduction aspect and not the convection aspect of the baskets, putting the material farther from the walls. This helped a bunch.

beefsupreme

Hmm I was shopping for one last night and Namaste vapes sent me something via email because I did not buy the CF. They were going to give me 10% off if I buy it in the next 48 hours. Puts my price at about $170CDN. Cannot come to pull the trigger on this. Kinda want the swift pro or CFV but don't want to pay $300 plus.

check out theherbcafe.com - they're based in Toronto so no border trouble or long waits, and have the Boundless line in our funny-coloured money.

jdent3

I got my CF a few days ago and I must say it's awesome I wish I had bought one a while ago. Its much better than the Arizer air imo. I was pleasantly surprised that the draw resistance was much lower than I thought it would be. The Cloud production is also excellent. I had a Mighty for quite a while and the CF is pretty close to it in cloud production (slightly less but still very good).

To me it's like a mini Mighty or Crafty at a much better price. It does feel a bit cheaper than them though but still feels like a quality product. So far the only downside is the battery life isn't great but I only have to charge it once a day which makes this a minor complaint.

The stealth feature is something else I love about it. I like to go for walks and vape and being able to turn the lights off helps with being stealthy, especially since the lights on this one are so bright.

hillbill

I use ELBS for wife,s CFX and just use a folded business card to fill basket and put the top on with no compression which together with the baskets may provide better convection. She has never raved about taste before. Now she's getting picky!

My Flowermates like the load more compressed with or without tanks.

ELBs or tanks will require a bit higher temp. They just do.

Dynalowrider

hillbill, look at Delta 3D Studios ELB loading tool. Fill it to the slope of the funnel, tap it on a hard surface and it's packed just right for a perfect rip. Mike said he has an eight basket loader in the works. This loader works so well I don't pre-load a bunch of baskets. It's so quick and easy I just load as I need them.
Doc

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Modded my CFX mouthpiece today. :science:I like the EVO's ELBs with the WPA adapter. But since the ELBs won't fit with the moutpiece and the top basket half, I just use the bottom half , but use 14mm basket from the @DDave kit inside the mouthpiece. So, that means I take apart the mouthpiece and remove the pesky screen. Form the 14mm basket with my fancy pipe scraper tool into the hole where the round screen would go. Having the screen mushroom through the hole and out the other side. :nod: There is a thick rim on the basket which fits nice enough in the slot for the round screen. The basket is now formed tight against the inside wall and is protruding outward. Like a mushroom cap. Not enough to touch the bottom half ELB basket tho.:\ But enough to keep the area cleaner when the lid is taken off to say stir the materials.

Also made a fake silicone gasket that fits inside those two pieces (plastic? What is that material?) that were meant to come apart to get to the screen. Tighter seal then before I'm thinking. I can hear the unit drag from the bottom when I draw from it cold test the airflow. After the 2nd (warm) draw, I'm convinced it hits better with my little touches. Hopefully cleans better too.:2c: Say can you soak/clean the parts in ISO. How do you clean them?

Still like the WPA and an 18mm wand. But had to come up with something less janky and well... portable. :peace:

Last edited:

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I got my CF over Black Friday, and I am loving this Unit! I have been taking the small screen out of my water adapter every 3-4 bowls as it gets gunked up, I clean it by throwing the screen into my E-nano stem and vaping the oily resin right off it, its amazing how much vapor is produced from just a little reclaim. And by vaping it the tiny screen comes out clean as a whistle!

sickmanfraud

check out theherbcafe.com - they're based in Toronto so no border trouble or long waits, and have the Boundless line in our funny-coloured money.

Those prices may reflect the exchange rate, the numbers seem large, but according to my computer the prices are close to the prices from a USA store.

Folks from outside Canada should check the prices and exchange rates some items may be substantially less in other stores / websites.

sickmanfraud,
Top Bottom