Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

sickmanfraud

It is common for competing companies, today, to sell the same basic product under different names. Bass Pro, Pflueger, Shakespeare, Browning, Quantum, Lew's, Six Gills and other casting reels are all designed and made by the same company.....In China. Nearly 90% of fishing rods are made in 4 factories, in China. Vapes too!. It is simply corporate marketing strategy and the endless search for cheaper labor.

One small part of the dirty belly of capitalism, but it provides cheap consumer goods and vapes. The ones getting screwed are the young men, women and youngsters that make them for you and I.

I will continue to use these China-made vaporizers which are well engineered and perform well until the US brings these jobs home......... for a robot!

Maybe we should talk about how that Thankgiving turkey was bred, fed and got dead. Happy Thanksgiving!

The question we all need to ask is: Would I pay more for a product made in the USA by taxpaying citizens versus I want the lowest price (cheapest) even if there is a possibility of the cheaper vape being made even cheaper by using unsafe materials?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: hillbill

hillbill

American made really has nothing to do with safe materials but I have paid more for products made with decent ethics when possible. Look at my vapes in my sig.

hillbill,

Cl4ud3

@guyonthecouch Just wondering what unit you own or have used? your obviously a Crafty fan from your postings I'm curious as your posting both here and in the swift pro thread. You stated you didn't like the CF CFX and Hybrid, all these vapes are different so you bought and tried all 3 and a swift pro ?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I for one wouldn't touch a crafty with the criminally bad defect rate associated with it, I would consider a mighty but its just so overpriced.

Grimspoon

Hi all, first time poster. I've had my CF for just over a week now and I am having an "issue" with the battery, the battery only shows 80% charged even after the device is fully charged. I am getting about 5 - 6 sessions at 385. Occasionally I will go up to 400. I average my time at about 30 mins on a full charge.

I am interested to hear what battery life others are getting with the CF?

Many Thanks

Grimspoon,

guyonthecouch

@guyonthecouch Just wondering what unit you own or have used? your obviously a Crafty fan from your postings I'm curious as your posting both here and in the swift pro thread. You stated you didn't like the CF CFX and Hybrid, all these vapes are different so you bought and tried all 3 and a swift pro ?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I for one wouldn't touch a crafty with the criminally bad defect rate associated with it, I would consider a mighty but its just so overpriced.
I own the CF, CFX and the Hybrid(got all 3 through an awesome trade, no complaints there). Hybrid obviously has the best features of the bunch. Removable battery is a cool aspect but the housing is kind of weak(doesn't lock into place, just slides on and off). Still haven't tried the juice tank yet, def cool to have both options in one unit. The stock screens are useless, an easy fix on Boundless's part. The mouthpiece is just a mouthpiece, it doesn't cool the vapor like the S&B models. I find the bowls to be excessively deep, resulting in using way more material than other vapes(yes, i'm aware of the mods). Being conduction they get dirtier way faster and are tougher to clean. All these cheap ceramic conduction heaters provide zero flavour. The quality of vapour and effect leaves me unsatisfied and wanting more(this being the biggest let down/issue).
No, not a crafty fan and don't own one. I've tried both the crafty and mighty and prefer the mighty for multiple reasons. I do agree with you about them being hard to recommend due to malfunction issues and cost but when compared to all these similar china OEMs(not hating on Boundless as a company)the Mighty provides the best all around experience.

..I'm a Hopper Head and would recommend the Grasshopper over any vape any day :)

Posted in the swift pro thread by mistake(thought I was still in this thread) ..twas a late one last night :suspicious: haha my bad.
I also own the Puri5 titanic 2 and prefer it(much better flavour, bowl is easier to clean, I prefer the magnetic mouthpiece, better extraction of materials = stronger effects + less stirring) over the ceramic conduction heater units.
I'm assuming that the guts(mainly heater) will be the same on the CFV, Swift Pro, etc. ..still not as good as the mighty though.

Last edited:
guyonthecouch,

Cl4ud3

I own the CF, CFX and the Hybrid. Hybrid obviously has the best features of the bunch. Removable battery is a cool aspect but the housing is kind of weak(doesn't lock into place, just slides on and off). Still haven't tried the juice tank yet, def cool to have both options in one unit. The stock screens are useless, an easy fix on Boundless's part. The mouthpiece is just a mouthpiece, it doesn't cool the vapor like the S&B models. I find the bowls to be excessively deep, resulting in using way more material than other vapes(yes, i'm aware of the mods). Being conduction they get dirtier way faster and are tougher to clean. All these cheap ceramic conduction heaters provide zero flavour. The quality of vapour and effect leaves me unsatisfied and wanting more(this being the biggest let down/issue).
No, not a crafty fan and don't own one. I've tried both the crafty and mighty and prefer the mighty for multiple reasons. I do agree with you about them being hard to recommend due to malfunction issues and cost but when compared to all these similar china OEMs(not hating on Boundless as a company)the Mighty provides the best all around experience.

..I'm a Hopper Head and would recommend the Grasshopper over any vape any day :)

Posted in the swift pro thread by mistake(thought I was still in this thread) ..twas a late one last night :suspicious: haha my bad.
I have tried the Puri5 titanic 2 and much prefer it over the ceramic conduction heater units.
Assuming that the guts(mainly heater) will be the same on the CFV, Swift Pro, etc. ..still not as good as the mighty though.
The Hybrid does have the best airflow of the 3 by far, the sliding cover doesn't lock into place with a turn screw or anything no but mine is definitely sturdy and won't come off without a pull.
I know you said you don't use the mods and the oven is too deep on the CF and CFX. Have you considered using the concentrate insert and putting a small amount of material in it, and then placing it in the oven upside down so the herb is at the top ? I used this method before getting the ELB mod.

As for flavor you can only give that call for yourself, I find the flavor better than my Haze and better than a Pax 2 I used. I also find the flavor of the Firefly 2 to be no better than a MFLB so again its all personal.

Lastly, The Puri5/Fenix - Its not the same vape and no matter how its marketed it's not full Convection. I know Boundless had a lot of hate when the CF/X came out and they were said to be Convection and they weren't but everyone seems happy to let it slide on the Puri5. The Swift Pro / CFV are unique in the fact that they allow the user to mod the device for extra convection/conduction and taste with the differing chamber rings.

Edit:- don't want to sound mean but why did you buy all 3 vapes without trying one first ? I can understand remorse and saying that others steered you with opinions on 1, but all 3 I'm sorry but that's got to be on you :(

Last edited:

guyonthecouch

The Hybrid does have the best airflow of the 3 by far, the sliding cover doesn't lock into place with a turn screw or anything no but mine is definitely sturdy and won't come off without a pull.
I know you said you don't use the mods and the oven is too deep on the CF and CFX. Have you considered using the concentrate insert and putting a small amount of material in it, and then placing it in the oven upside down so the herb is at the top ? I used this method before getting the ELB mod.

As for flavor you can only give that call for yourself, I find the flavor better than my Haze and better than a Pax 2 I used. I also find the flavor of the Firefly 2 to be no better than a MFLB so again its all personal.

Lastly, The Puri5/Fenix - Its not the same vape and no matter how its marketed it's not full Convection. I know Boundless had a lot of hate when the CF/X came out and they were said to be Convection and they weren't but everyone seems happy to let it slide on the Puri5. The Swift Pro / CFV are unique in the fact that they allow the user to mod the device for extra convection/conduction and taste with the differing chamber rings.
The only time I tried using the concentrate pod i burned myself haha.. I'll give your method a shot.

Ya, flavour is personal/subjective and there's a million and one variables if you really want to break it down. Just wanted to mention my experience and offer a "heads up" to users considering these vapes.

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: Cl4ud3

guyonthecouch

I'm pretty sure the puri5 and titan 2 are rebrands. The cf and cfx are definitely not.
The Puri5 Titanic 2 is the same vape.. Puri5 is the company/brand and Titanic 2 is the model name. They are all done through OEM(original equipment manufacturer) factories in China.

guyonthecouch,

hillbill

Vapor manufacturers are what they are. Smiss has been getting me high for over a year. I like that. Does it bother me that they build the Boundless? No. am I happy someone is marketing these vapes in the US. Yes. Do the individual Chinese Corporations that actually build vapes source their parts from the same places? Yes! Even screens? yes!

Do you own a Hopper? Hope you have padded envelopes and stamps, a lot of damn stamps!

hillbill,

guyonthecouch

Vapor manufacturers are what they are. Smiss has been getting me high for over a year. I like that. Does it bother me that they build the Boundless? No. am I happy someone is marketing these vapes in the US. Yes. Do the individual Chinese Corporations that actually build vapes source their parts from the same places? Yes! Even screens? yes!

Do you own a Hopper? Hope you have padded envelopes and stamps, a lot of damn stamps!
Chillbill, doesn't bother me that they're made in china either or that people wanna play the rebrand game.. i'm just telling it like it is.

Ya I bought a Stainless Hopper recently, I like it so much that I went back to the store and grabbed a Ti model :love::D :peace:

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: hillbill

ginolicious

Wow. I been gone for that long to see this thread go from 14 pages up to 86? Yikes.

After a long review of everything I am really contemplating the CF. Has the temperatures I need, smaller and cheaper priced. Plus these guys made some good upgrades. How is everyone's CF holding up? I'm a micro doser and don't pack huge bowls which I know I can pack crumbs in this sucker if I want. Just curious how everyone's held up lately.

ginolicious,

Grimspoon

I am enjoying the CF, I have a volcano and honestly the CF gives me way better flavor. Sure the volcano has the clouds, but this device really is amazing.

Only issue I am having is the battery, charges full but only reports at 80%......getting about 30 mins on a full charge which apparently is not good. I should be getting an hour apparently.

Another slightly annoying issue, and this is after only a week and a half of use, the front of the device where your thumb would normally rest, that is peeling. Its like a thin coating over the rubber, its coming off. Doesn't look great for a week old device :(

I posted earlier, I am really keen to hear from other CF owners on their battery life.

Grimspoon,

ginolicious

Can anyone comment on the CFV draw resistance? Is it generally the same as the the CF and CFV? Is one able to see visible vapor on it in additional to not having to pack full bowls?

ginolicious,

chronicjk2

I am enjoying the CF, I have a volcano and honestly the CF gives me way better flavor. Sure the volcano has the clouds, but this device really is amazing.

Only issue I am having is the battery, charges full but only reports at 80%......getting about 30 mins on a full charge which apparently is not good. I should be getting an hour apparently.

Another slightly annoying issue, and this is after only a week and a half of use, the front of the device where your thumb would normally rest, that is peeling. Its like a thin coating over the rubber, its coming off. Doesn't look great for a week old device :(

I posted earlier, I am really keen to hear from other CF owners on their battery life.

My CF will do the same thing on charging. The green light will indicate it has finished charging but when I unplug it and check it only reads %80. I just plug it back in and the light goes red again, in 30 mins or so it goes green and bam fully charged.

As for battery life I'm getting about 40min run time and I run it at full temp through a water pipe. Not an issue for me as I always have a USB charger close by.

chronicjk2,

Grimspoon

My CF will do the same thing on charging. The green light will indicate it has finished charging but when I unplug it and check it only reads %80. I just plug it back in and the light goes red again, in 30 mins or so it goes green and bam fully charged.

As for battery life I'm getting about 40min run time and I run it at full temp through a water pipe. Not an issue for me as I always have a USB charger close by.

Thank you. I will try that. 40min on full temp is pretty good! I am going to get the WPA soon.

Grimspoon,

Saintcloud

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice about the CF. I've recently acquired a need (well really a want but you all understand) for a new vaporizer. I've done a lot of research and am heavily considering a boundless cf with WPA. My concern is about smell. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with a good amount of space, but I have a nice family right adjacent to me in the building (you have to go outside to access any of the apartments, but about 4 are in one town home like space if that makes sense) with a few little kids. I don't want these kids to recognize the smell because I want to respect the parents who probably don't need to deal with that issue so early.

I've only owned an OG Firewood which produced very little smell if I was careful, but realized this is more of a session style vape which can be smelly. I've been doing quick packs in a bong in the bathroom with ghosting as much as possible and a smoke buddy without issues, but would prefer to be able to be in the living room and relaxing.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or think the CF would be fine? I know vapor is different but was curious about others' input.

Last edited:
Saintcloud,

SuperLuigi

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advice about the CF. I've recently acquired a need (well really a want but you all understand) for a new vaporizer. I've done a lot of research and am heavily considering a boundless cf with WPA. My concern is about smell. I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with a good amount of space, but I have a nice family right adjacent to me in the building (you have to go outside to access any of the apartments, but about 4 are in one town home like space if that makes sense) with a few little kids. I don't want these kids to recognize the smell because I want to respect the parents who probably don't need to deal with that issue so early.

I've only owned an OG Firewood which produced very little smell if I was careful, but realized this is more of a session style vape which can be smelly. I've been doing quick packs in a bong in the bathroom with ghosting as much as possible and a smoke buddy without issues, but would prefer to be able to be in the living room and relaxing.

Is anyone else in a similar situation or think the CF would be fine? I know vapor is different but was curious about others' input.

I 100% think you'll be fine and 100% respect and appreciate what you're doing. I've met far too many smokers in my life with no respect for others and I, like you, make an effort to respect the people around me who may not like the smoke/vape smell.

SuperLuigi,

MySega

I know this is the a boundless thread but you may want to look into a lotus. My CF seems to make the room a bit more smelly. The CF is def a session vape as it continually heats your product. The lotus is on demand but does take a technique to use properly.

MySega,

sickmanfraud

You could look at a CFV/Flowermate swiftpro convection which means the herbs are not giving off smell until you vape, which we know smells way less.

Regardless of what you decide, it is financially in your best interest to do it NOW. There are tons of sales.

Puffitup has the swiftpro for $142 (after 35% discount) CFV (25% discount)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/black-friday-cyber-monday-sales.16409/

Saintcloud

I originally quoted everyone but decided against it to keep this more ontopic. I appreciate everyone's advice. Sadly I just can't justify spending the extra for a CFV or equivalent. I'm still a bit hesitant about the price of the CF. I've done more research and think I can control the smell fairly well, WPA may even help with that as long as I don't get too crazy. Sales last through the 28th so hopefully I make the call soon, but I do have time. This thing is just so tempting. Alluring even.

Thanks again everyone.

beefsupreme

I'm still a bit hesitant about the price of the CF. I've done more research and think I can control the smell fairly well, WPA may even help with that as long as I don't get too crazy.

The CF is a ton of vape for a small stack of money, IMHO. Probably the best value out there for a battery powered portable. As we know vapor doesnt smell or linger quite like smoke does at all, but if you want to minimize the smell a lot more, get one of the Smoke Buddy carbon-activated sploofs. You can take a monster rip from your waterpipe and exhale into the buddy and it removes the smell. Though unless you share ventilation systems and can smell them making toast or something, its likely the vapor wont seep through unless you're having a monster session or something.

david8613

I thought the cfx was convection, im now reading its conduction?? Which is it, im very interested if its convection....

david8613,
Top Bottom