Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Vitolo

Vaporist
ok sorry it works now.
2rogozq.png

It is a very soft high end Morrocan hash 'Heya' is what I was told.
Heat it with a lighter (don't burn it... just warm it well) and crumble it. Mix this with some flower. OR... put flower in first then a bit of the crumbled hash and finally some more flower.
The hash alone could in some conditions restrict the draw once it gets hot in there.

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

The last Live chat Randal said you can put Hash in if ground up and on highest temp. It might get dirtier quicker using hash and its not something I've tried.

Cl4ud3,

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Have a downstem much like this one below. Using an EQ basket screen. Wooden handle to tamp it down.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4-75-19...623404?hash=item4d1ed2f46c:g:CCgAAOSwUuFWxilD
Hooked it up to the SS WPA attachment and set the temp to max, let it heat for 112s then take a draw. Thick clouds like never before. :sherlock: The WPA heats up enough to fuse to the glass a little. :nod: Just can't take the stem off until it cools.
ABV very even dark cocoa brown. Best results from the unit for me ever.

So I need to know if the CFX is true pass-thru. I don't want to overtax the batteries and want the AC to power up the vape while using it. Had a few vapes that had neo-pass thru like my Summit. Once the battery was low enough the 'pass thru' didn't work at all. :suspicious:

I got CFX used and possibly modded from an FCer. It wasn't impressing me as well as with the glass wand and letting the CFX heat more is working right now. Not as portable, quick and convenient a setup. But having a glass portable that draws thick vapor? Well I won't be rushing to get an Arizer solo or air just yet. :D Has anybody tried both vapes and the CFX as a comparison?

Last edited:
CuckFumbustion,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Cl4ud3

From the last live chat Boundless did ( and from a question I submitted) they will be looking at doing custom stems/mouthpieces in the future, glass was a 100% yes.
Until then I'm using the crafty/mighty easy flow glass mouthpiece and got to say it fits perfectly and works great. Also using a straight bubbler thing with the WPA, loving them both.

https://www.namastevaporizers.co.uk/collections/nv-accessories/products/vtubewatertool

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/mighty-crafty-easyflow-glass-mouthpiece.html

http://imgur.com/a/WSI3a

Likes2vape

Have a downstem much like this one below. Using an EQ basket screen. Wooden handle to tamp it down.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4-75-19...623404?hash=item4d1ed2f46c:g:CCgAAOSwUuFWxilD
Hooked it up to the SS WPA attachment and set the temp to max, let it heat for 112s then take a draw. Thick clouds like never before. :sherlock: The WPA heats up enough to fuse to the glass a little. :nod: Just can't take the stem off until it cools.
ABV very even dark cocoa brown. Best results from the unit for me ever.

So I need to know if the CFX is true pass-thru. I don't want to overtax the batteries and want the AC to power up the vape while using it. Had a few vapes that had neo-pass thru like my Summit. Once the battery was low enough the 'pass thru' didn't work at all. :suspicious:

I got CFX used and possibly modded from an FCer. It wasn't impressing me as well as with the glass wand and letting the CFX heat more is working right now. Not as portable, quick and convenient a setup. But having a glass portable that draws thick vapor? Well I won't be rushing to get an Arizer solo or air just yet. :D Has anybody tried both vapes and the CFX as a comparison?
Do not use the cfx while it is charging. You need to unplug it from the charger if you are going to use it.

octo

What does that mean?
Hey guys I'm in the market for a new vape and am very interested in the Boundless CF. Coming from a MFLB for 5+ years, I know this will be quite a different unit and am not sure what to expect. I have a low tolerance and am used to an on demand device, so I know that a session vape like the CF will be a completely new experience. I like the fact that it's relatively affordable ($109 shipped) and comes with a 2 year warranty. The most Important factors for me are stealth (low noise, not too much smell, portability) and long term reliability. Can I use the CF when I'm out and about in the city? One other major problem I see with the CF is that there is apparently no overcharge protection which can cause major damage to the unit if left in the charger overnight. Can I put small amounts of herb into the CF (.1g or so) and still get good results? Would it be better to wait for the grasshopper?

octo,

Mr. Me2

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new vape and am very interested in the Boundless CF. Coming from a MFLB for 5+ years, I know this will be quite a different unit and am not sure what to expect. I have a low tolerance and am used to an on demand device, so I know that a session vape like the CF will be a completely new experience. I like the fact that it's relatively affordable ($109 shipped) and comes with a 2 year warranty. The most Important factors for me are stealth (low noise, not too much smell, portability) and long term reliability. Can I use the CF when I'm out and about in the city? One other major problem I see with the CF is that there is apparently no overcharge protection which can cause major damage to the unit if left in the charger overnight. Can I put small amounts of herb into the CF (.1g or so) and still get good results? Would it be better to wait for the grasshopper?
If you prefer convection, did you see that Boundless is accepting preorders on their CFV (their convection vape), due out in a couple weeks (I think)?

I know it's more $$$, but it looks like it has about the same footprint as the cf.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Do not use the cfx while it is charging. You need to unplug it from the charger if you are going to use it.
I was able to use it plugged it, but if it is not rec'd then I'll be patient and allow it to charge. It does charge up fast on it's own and easy enough to check up on it. So I'll break myself of that habit.

Has anybody replaced the gasket on the unit? Any easy fill tricks? I scoop with the clean end of a straight wand and pour.

CFV?? Well that's interesting. Just starting to get to know my CFX. http://420vapezone.com/boundless-vapes-news-91216-livestream-recap/

octo

What does that mean?
If you prefer convection, did you see that Boundless is accepting preorders on their CFV (their convection vape), due out in a couple weeks (I think)?

I know it's more $$$, but it looks like it has about the same footprint as the cf.
I don't think I necessarily prefer convection over conduction, but I do like the idea of being able to take smaller rips. I don't really mind having a warm up time and as long as the unit is efficient, it should be fine. I just now read about the upcoming CFC conduction unit for $75 and it has a 3 year warranty! That sounds like a great deal.

beefsupreme

One other major problem I see with the CF is that there is apparently no overcharge protection which can cause major damage to the unit if left in the charger overnight. Can I put small amounts of herb into the CF (.1g or so) and still get good results? Would it be better to wait for the grasshopper?

I'd like to ensure this mis-information is corrected. ALL Boundless models have overcharge protection. It even says it in the manuals. Nothing bad will happen if you leave it charging overnight.

About the small amounts it will work, but you have to keep in mind the CF line are considered and designed as Session vapes, not on-demand units like the MFLB, Grasshopper and Firefly. You can put small amounts in and vape it to completion in one go, but they weren't designed with this in mind.

I added the Boundless to my collection but still use my MFLB on the go. For me its two different use-cases. The Boundless at home or where i'll be in a open area and can chill by myself or with friends for a session. The MFLB excels in other ways, such as being able to take a quick hit anywhere, anytime. It fits in the palm of my hand and I can use it while walking down any street.

Funky_Vapor

On the super positive its nice to be back.
I must say being a non ass kisser when it comes to dealing with various other vape industry leaders regarding a situation with there product/s, more times then not its a freaking stressful task & BS experience to some degree. But not with the guys at Boundless Technologies. Mr. Torres and the crew not only stepped up to the plate but did so in a way that really connected me back to self & that Ben Harper show. Fucking flat-out phenomenal customer service for doing that. Any critic can speak critical critiquing a item or company. But one must be fair when things are done exceptionally well! Because at the end of the day these guys are really just like us & I do believe wholeheartedly they care about U and me. And everybody else in between that needs to experience the serious sensation and satisfaction of vaporizing with a CF/CFX.
And what's around the corner regarding convection...get ready for the next level in vaping! What a year for Boundless Technologies ending it with Style & Substance going forward in 2017 ✌

RelaxedNow

I'd like to ensure this mis-information is corrected. ALL Boundless models have overcharge protection. It even says it in the manuals. Nothing bad will happen if you leave it charging overnight.

About the small amounts it will work, but you have to keep in mind the CF line are considered and designed as Session vapes, not on-demand units like the MFLB, Grasshopper and Firefly. You can put small amounts in and vape it to completion in one go, but they weren't designed with this in mind.

I added the Boundless to my collection but still use my MFLB on the go. For me its two different use-cases. The Boundless at home or where i'll be in a open area and can chill by myself or with friends for a session. The MFLB excels in other ways, such as being able to take a quick hit anywhere, anytime. It fits in the palm of my hand and I can use it while walking down any street.

Yes, they are best suited to using as session vapes, but I use my CFX in somewhat of an on-demand manner. I fill the bowl to the top....it will cook the weed a bit, but IMO the flavor isn't too bad even on the 2nd or 3rd heat cycle. I start at 365F, and will turn it up, or down, as it suits me.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Has anyone here been successful in buying a CFV from the Boundless website?

I can get to put the vape in the cart, but I can't check out?

sickmanfraud,

beefsupreme

ma

Yes I have, but I think the site is only setup to ship the the US and Canada right now. Contact @Boundless Vape Technology directly for any other country orders and he'll get you a shipping quote and the combo deal reserved so you get a free CF Compact, the WPA and a nice shirt.

Likes2vape

I just ordered one last night and their website is really slow! It takes forever to load after clicking any button and it will not let you create an account. If you have the create account button clicked it just loads forever.

Likes2vape,

beefsupreme

I just ordered one last night and their website is really slow! It takes forever to load after clicking any button and it will not let you create an account. If you have the create account button clicked it just loads forever.

Yeah it does take ages to check out, but it does work in the end. Creating an account first helps. Eric was saying on the livestream that a new website is coming soon.

beefsupreme,

sickmanfraud

Hey everyone, just wanted to share our new 3D video of the CFV. Thanks for the support from those have participated in the CFV Pre-Order! We apologize for the hassle that some European customers are experiencing, feel free to email me at Eric@bndlsvapes.com to set up an invoice.

What is the purpose of heat rings?

@Boundless Vape Technology you should probably post this in the CFV thread also. It can be found under the upcoming vapes.

Does anyone know if the CFV works with the ELB's from the EVO?

sickmanfraud,

Cl4ud3

It would be a guess I'm afraid and I think a no.

whoops didn't answer the heat rings. The wood ring basically keeps the device all (?) convection, the Quartz/glass/steel (unsure which is now included) will add a slight bit of radiated heat (hope I got that correct term wise but the info is right)

shaolinmilk

Has the material/coating on the CF/CFX been talked about? I wonder if there is some kind of special protective coating on the rubber/plastic. Every CF/CFX I've seen in real life, they all have cosmetic damage that cannot be cleaned because of the material being used. It basically gets stained and is impossible to clean because it looks like it took off some kind of layer. I'm wondering if this is safe.

shaolinmilk,
Top Bottom