Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Dynalowrider

On the subject of a CF stand, how bout a place to keep the mouthpiece when using the WPA.
Boundless loan Ratchet a CFX so he can optical scan them, so he can build a stand for it. Doc
This vape could use a filling funnel also.

Last edited:

Dynalowrider

What is a CFV ring? Doc
Ok figured that out. Don't want to buy another vape right now, so that ring is useless to me.
I'm looking for something like the Ratchets Indica Loading Funnel. I get tired of digging out the crumbs in the groove. Milkytime said there was a filling funnel coming out. When and where? I'd preorder if I could.

Last edited:
Dynalowrider,

Dynalowrider

Anybody have any ideas for stealth tape for the CFX? I thought maybe black cellophane tape? I love this vape, but the screen is bright enough to read by at midnight. How about a sleeve just high enough to cover the screen. Fit the base tight enough to keep it on. The warm part of the vape is in the top half, so I don't think it would be harmful to the vape. You could have a couple pockets to hold the brush and poker. Maybe a pocket for a doob tube.
There is a lot of brainpower on here, let's design something that works for us. Doc

Dynalowrider,

Milkytime

I thought they added a stealth mode on the CFX? Is yours a first run CFX?

If you looking for stealth you might consider the CF or the new CFC coming out.

Milkytime,

DankUser

I thought they added a stealth mode on the CFX? Is yours a first run CFX?

If you looking for stealth you might consider the CF or the new CFC coming out.
I believe stealth mode was added to the CF, not the CFX. Screen dimming on the CFX is needed, big time.

DankUser,

Milkytime

@DankUser yeah I think your right it was added to the CF. the huge screen was kinda a con for me I really like how they did the screen for the CFV and CFC full temp step but minimal and discreet.

Last edited:

DankUser

@DankUser yeah I think your right it was added to the CF. the huge screen was kinda a con for me I really like how they did the screen for the CFV and CFC full temp step but minimal and discreet.
Still a great unit, just not stealthy. For on the go, I got the CF Hybrid and it works well, and has the full temp selections.

DankUser,

Dynalowrider

Boundless please contact Ratchett at Delta3DStudios: Delta3DStudios@gmail.com and loan him a vape
so he can optical scan one so he can print us some accessories. He does fantastic work. Go to his site, look at the stands he designed for several different vapes.
I don't know if you are working on a stealth mode for the CFX, but Ratchett can print one. Doc

Dynalowrider,

beefsupreme

The CFX OLED screen doesn't bug me particularly, I do wish it could be dimmed of course. An easy idea to dim the screen but still be able to see through it to set the temp would be to use masking tape, perhaps multiple layers, on the screen. This way the brightness would be greatly reduced but you'd still have the functionality you need intact.

I got a ship notice for the CFV pre-order last night. Looking forward to comparing the two next week.

Cl4ud3

The CFX OLED screen doesn't bug me particularly, I do wish it could be dimmed of course. An easy idea to dim the screen but still be able to see through it to set the temp would be to use masking tape, perhaps multiple layers, on the screen. This way the brightness would be greatly reduced but you'd still have the functionality you need intact.

I got a ship notice for the CFV pre-order last night. Looking forward to comparing the two next week.
Or maybe adhesive velcro strips and a removable patch. I can easily cover the screen with my hand though so for me its not a problem.

DankUser

Window tinting for a car; choose your level of stealth. Plus, it has the bonus of being a screen protector.

Dynalowrider

I ordered the ELB herb baskets. These things are great. Ratchett has a loading funnel for them. Three of them, (top one upside down,) fit in a DooB Tube.
To tell off on myself, I was eager to try the ELB screens. I load up one with OG Kush, run the CFX up to temp. I'm sitting looking at the vape and the water tool and it quit drawing. I'm kinda panicky that I've screwed up my vape. I tried an other rip, still no draw. Then the fog cleared. I was trying to draw with the CFX sitting on my leg. What a dummy. Picked it up and the draw greatly improved.:doh:
Doc

sickmanfraud

IIRC Boundless was going to try to add a stealth mode where you could turn the CFX screen on and off.

Has that happened?

sickmanfraud,

sickmanfraud

Nope, not a feature yet. Stealth was added to the CF though.

How does the stealth setting work? Not really sure I need more stealth since I rarely vape in public places.

Anyone with opinions on CF vs CFX? I have a CFV pre-ordered, not sure that the CF or CFX adds much?

sickmanfraud,

DankUser

How does the stealth setting work? Not really sure I need more stealth since I rarely vape in public places.

Anyone with opinions on CF vs CFX? I have a CFV pre-ordered, not sure that the CF or CFX adds much?
I don't know specifically how stealth mode on the CF works; I just remember reading a post or hearing it in a live stream that the feature is included. I believe it just turns off the lights.

Supposedly the CF and CFX perform identically. Of the two, I have the CFX so I can't verify with experience. I do know the CFX heats up ridiculously quick (20 or so seconds), has a large bowl, vapes evenly, charges very fast with the included DC adapter, and has 1 degree adjustments. Downside is, it's bigger, and lots less stealthy due to the super bright screen.

Top Bottom