Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The bigger bowl was a selling point to me as I was specifically looking for a vape to use in large groups.

There's not much I would want changed for the CFV. The ability to turn off the display screen would be great. Better airflow would also be nice, as well as a better mouthpiece. I wouldn't mind if the mouthpiece was narrower, but I'd really like an upgrade to the material used. Just a higher end plastic would even be a nice upgrade, maybe with a matte finish.

It would be great if they could offer an upgraded mouthpiece for the CF and CFX. Higher quality plastic, maybe even metal, with an improved, integrated screen system. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in that.

Justpassedu

Theres this picture floating around on reddit claiming this is what the Full convection vape you guys are creating looks like. Any truth to it @Boundless Vape Technology ?

boundless-jessica-alba.png
Here is a little article I had found around about it - http://420vapezone.com/face-face-boundless-vapes/

I'd love a user replaceable battery and a better screen setup , everything else is near perfect for me.

Last edited:
Justpassedu,
Reactions: Taz

RelaxedNow

Maybe I'm imagining it, but didn't someone state earlier in this thread that the Mighty mouthpiece will fit onto the CFX? I searched, but didn't find it.

Justpassedu

Maybe I'm imagining it, but didn't someone state earlier in this thread that the Mighty mouthpiece will fit onto the CFX? I searched, but didn't find it.
I believe the actual mouthpiece may fit but not the actual cooling unit from the Mighty. There would really be no difference switching mp's as far as I can see. Putting the mighty mp on the cfx would just shorten the airpath possibly causing a warmer vapor .

Razshiro

shaolinmilk

I definitely like the Crafty/Mighty's mouth piece much more, however as someone stated once you put it on this unit the vapour is a bit too hot. In the end, for me personally it's better to stick with the original mouth piece with an ELB as the screen. I also found exactly what temperatures and load size is perfect for me. I like putting in .2g to .3g and setting it at 365F. The flavour is actually amazing to start and stays consistent throughout. I can actually extend a .3g bowl to a 10 minute session and and the taste of the herb is still there! If I vape at 385F and up, the flavour goes away after the first 3-4 hits and starts tasting toasty/burnt from there. I feel like I found my sweet spot for this vape... plastic taste is also gone completely. When I was vaping at higher temps, I was missing my Mighty a little too much because it tasted so much friggen better... now that I found the temp I should be vaping at on this unit... and seeing how the ABV looks (exactly like the Mighty - perfectly brown)... I'm sure I'll be reaching for the one that will heat up faster... oh boy.

EmbraceTheFall

Hey guys, I'm a bit new around here I guess. Been reading for a fewweeks but just registered. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone has tried shatter in the CF/CFX/Hybrid? If so, how well does it work and what methods would you suggest for getting the most out of it. I just got a Hybrid and picked up 2g of Skywalker OG that I don't want to waste, hehe.

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
on the CFX how much can a bowl hold and how larger of rips can you get versus arizer Air?

speaking of Air hows the draw resistance on CFX?

HippieHitman,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@EmbraceTheFall

I'm a new owner of a CFX, I've had it for a couple days. I tried some concentrate in it once so far, it wasn't shatter but I'm sure shatter would work just as well or better.

I used my favorite method for vaping concentrates, I wrapped it in organic cotton. Then I just threw that in the oven by itself. I figured I'll try out the included concentrate can eventually but I wanted to start with something tried and trusted.

I set the temp to max, 430F. It took a while to get going but it started to hit pretty damn good. However, it was pretty harsh, probably because of the short vapor path, I'm sure it's better through water. Also, the taste wasn't that great. I turned it off halfway through the session, took the cotton out, and put it in my nano's dry stem.

It's definitely possible and effective, just not the best solution. For me personally I would prefer to use my E-Nano if I can. It's hard to beat the taste of low-temp convection dabs!

I will still experiment with concentrates in the CFX, maybe lower temps will help with the harshness and taste. My water adapter should be in soon, I'll definitely try it with my D020-D.

And if I was on the go, it would be very convenient to just have a few cotton balls pre-loaded, ready to go. No smelly herb to worry about, no making a mess when you have to empty and reload. And the best part is, you don't need a screen at all when using concentrates, so the airflow is better.

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Hey guys, I'm a bit new around here I guess. Been reading for a fewweeks but just registered. Anywho, I was wondering if anyone has tried shatter in the CF/CFX/Hybrid? If so, how well does it work and what methods would you suggest for getting the most out of it. I just got a Hybrid and picked up 2g of Skywalker OG that I don't want to waste, hehe.
For concentrate use the included pod with a small amount of the cotton included put a dab of concentrate on the cotton towards the top of where you would screw it closed and use a highest temp it can go. Pull slowly. It works decent with concentrate better with flowers. You can also make a concentrate sandwich wich is nice by packing a small amount of flower concentrate on top and than more flower on top to form the sandwich. Works really well. The hybrids are nice , good luck with it.

on the CFX how much can a bowl hold and how larger of rips can you get versus arizer Air?

speaking of Air hows the draw resistance on CFX?

The oven can hold a very large amount for a portable , something that really made me want this device for sessions. I never weighed it out so I couldn't tell you exactly but def no more than a gram and most likely allot less than a g. I actually doubt you could even stuff a gram in there. It holds enough for at least 20-30 good sized rips. The draw resistance is a little bit more free flowing vs the air but there is a bit of restriction which helps form those huge clouds this machine puts out. Both my air and cfx put out large rips equal in size if my material is packed loosely , dry and grinded up correctly.

HippieHitman

HotBoxin' My Wheelchair
The oven can hold a very large amount for a portable , something that really made me want this device for sessions. I never weighed it out so I couldn't tell you exactly but def no more than a gram and most likely allot less than a g. I actually doubt you could even stuff a gram in there. It holds enough for at least 20-30 good sized rips. The draw resistance is a little bit more free flowing vs the air but there is a bit of restriction which helps form those huge clouds this machine puts out. Both my air and cfx put out large rips equal in size if my material is packed loosely , dry and grinded up correctly.

So as a owner of both CFX and Air. The CFX is worth the price and has value, even if I own a Air?

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:

EmbraceTheFall

Ok so I don't have organic cotton at the moment, just Q-tips, lol. So with the "herb concentrate sandwich" would you still vape at your normal temp or would you bump it up to max like with just extracts?

Also, in general what do you guys find the best temp to be? I know it's a loaded question, but the more opinions the better.

Wait......did I just ask for opinions on the internet? But seriously, any tips or tricks to get better results are welcome!

Oh, also! How many "sessions" on the vape do you usually need to get lit? Hehe

Assuming primo herb, of course.

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
EmbraceTheFall,

Taz

Tester
375-380 seems sweet spot for clouds and taste on mine. I use the container for shatter and seems to work fine just slower draws.

EmbraceTheFall

I just ran a little shatter through in the crucible and it seemed to work great. How do you know when the concentrate is all used up? I pulled out a ball of pretty baked cotton, but not sure if the usefulness of the shatter is gone or not.

EmbraceTheFall,

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I always considered it gone when I'm not getting visible vapor anymore. You can also tell based on how sticky the cotton is. If it is just a little sticky you've already got the majority of it. It's possible to get a little more but not worth it in my opinion. However if it's really sticky than there is still a decent amount left.

Vapor_Eyes,

RelaxedNow

Ya know, I see all the comments about vaping concentrates with cotton, and I can't help wondering how healthy, or unhealthy, it is. Honestly, I tried it once, and it tasted like I'd smoked toxic material. Was I getting it way too hot (I was using a VapCap, so maybe so)?

RelaxedNow,
Top Bottom