Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Likes2vape

It like half the draw resistance of the solo which I don't find bad and I love the free flowing vapes! I don't feel like I'm going to suck my ear drums in when using it!

Edit: I use the elb cap as a screen ymmv with the stock mp screen system.
Someone was asking...the cfx is more restrictive than the mighty. It's more like a solo, but not that bad.

Last edited:
Likes2vape,
Reactions: Meach

little maggie

A couple of questions for users: How harsh is it. I know that's pretty subjective so maybe harsh in comparison to a solo/air. Also it looks like an UD gong won't work. Would the nylon stem work as well as the nong?
Between the Hi, Zion and Milaana I had my VAS contained. But now that none of those are in sight it's stirring again.

little maggie,
Reactions: YungLeaner

YungLeaner

A couple of questions for users: How harsh is it. I know that's pretty subjective so maybe harsh in comparison to a solo/air. Also it looks like an UD gong won't work. Would the nylon stem work as well as the nong?
Between the Hi, Zion and Milaana I had my VAS contained. But now that none of those are in sight it's stirring again.
It's kind of harsh if you use the highest temps and push the load as far as it can go, also if the pack is tighter. The UD nylon stem works just as well and fits pretty perfectly into a 14mm female connection, also functions as just a cool sippin' mouthpiece.

YungLeaner

I had a problem with the Solo above 4. I can handle the cfx all the way up to high. In fact, I usually start and end there and I use it dry.

Yesterday...

http://i.imgur.com/obni2a4.jpg
I have this FC disorder where I think everyone is the person in their profile picture...the white hand surprised me @stickstones because when you post I imagine Bob Marley packing an CFX bowl.

Justpassedu

I removed the screen completely and now just use a vapxhale elb screen , much better airflow . Did anyone notice how much honey the mp collects on the cfx , wow . I would say out of all my vapes it builds up the quickest for me with the cfx. I like it , now I have some nice honey I can collect with some iso and evaporate.

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
When my friends come over they ask to hit the Boundless through glass over any of my vapes! You guys did a killer job :)
Any future plans for a desktop vaporizer? I'd be first in line
Thanks @YungLeaner ! Glad you are showing it to your friends and they are enjoying it. As of right now, a desktop vaporizer is just a thought, hopefully in the near future we will have something like that available. I'll keep you updated though!

Boundless Vape Technology,

Putricio

I ordered my CFX yesterday and Boundless shipped it out the same day. Im hoping they come up with an ELB system like the Evo. I'm looking forward to the WP attachment too.

Putricio,
Reactions: Vambo1980
8Xd79ie.jpg

I bought a CF because of the testimonies on this forum. You all seem like a pretty skeptical bunch, but so far it seems like everybody, even the skeptics, like these things. I figured I owe this forum at least a review. For comparison purposes, I've used a Pax1, V2 Pro Series 3, and a bunch of other box/tower tabletops including the Volcano.

These thoughts are more along the line of first impressions, because I've only had the CF since Saturday. I've run around 15 sessions since getting it.

Out of the box: It looks really cool. In a time when a lot of vaporizers are designed as sleekly as possible, the CF sticks out. The CF is still sleek and elegant, but it's definitely a lot funkier. The contrast between the rubbery-feeling matte black body and the piano black high gloss end caps is cool. The included tools are nice, and the concentrates pod is a welcomed freebie.

Before using it, I ran two empty burn-in cycles at 415*F (first with mouthpiece off, second with mouthpiece on). I then washed all the mouthpiece components with warm water and soap.

What I really liked:
-Heat up time is an honest 15 seconds to 385*F
-Taste is great. After a full 5 minute session of 0.3g at 385*F, I didn't taste any popcorn at all. After my initial burn-in/cleaning the flavor was fantastic right from the first pull. Absolutely no oily/metallic/plasticky/manufacturing taste.
-Convection/Conduction Hybrid: This seems to be a topic of consternation. The oven does get some conductive heat, no doubt, but only when the air in the chamber is stagnant. No portion of the heating element comes in contact with any of the oven. During use, air is heated up by the heating element and passes through the oven (convection). Any residual heat from the heating element will contact the oven when no air is being passed through (conduction). The S&B Mighty did the same thing as the CFX in the “convection test” video earlier in this thread. The CFX yielded earlier results in that test only because it gets to temperature 4-5 times faster. Anyways.....
-It's really easy to use.
-Big chamber: You could fit ~0.8g with a medium pack.
-It looks seriously gnarly.
-Materials feel of quality.
-I like this as a personal piece and as a party piece. On Saturday, one full, very lightly packed bowl got 3 grown men ripped in one session with ease. We were still getting full rips with the same bud in the second consecutive session as well (albeit with the temp turned up a bit).
-It gets me really ripped. My old vaporizers provided a much more body-centric experience. This is a great mixture of heady and body vibes.
-I am ripped right now. Thanks, Boundless.
-Warranty
-Free shipping
-Price
-Bang for your buck

What I liked:
-Evenly vaped herbs every time
-Stays cool - the design works like heat fins. After back-to-back sessions, the oven/mouthpiece was merely warm to the touch. The fins on the CF are deeper and more significant than on the CFX. I would assume this would better dissipate heat.
-Good Efficiency
-Even for a vaporizer, this deals with smell fairly well. I live in an apartment, and the CF will be fine for indoor use with an open window.
-Water pipe adapter should be available soon. In the promo video, Boundless said that WPA's will be included probably free of charge and sent to anybody who bought a CF or CFX.
-Size: It's roughly the size of 1.5 decks of cards. In a pinch, it will fit into a pocket and not look weird, although I'd say it's more appropriate for a backpack, purse, or golf bag.
-Within an hour of purchasing, my item was in the hands of FedEx.
-Cleaning is easy: Use the included brush in-between sessions. I think this unit's mouthpiece will need a brief iso rinse/cleaning every 15-20 sessions.
-It's very light, but it's heavy enough to feel solid.

Neither good/bad:
-Charging took like 2 hours from dead
-Draw resistance is far from tough and far from free-flowing. It's somewhere in the middle.
-The mouthpiece detents are pretty wimpy. When the lid is closed and the mouthpiece is extended, the mouthpiece rotates around pretty easily. I think a satisfying snap into place would convey higher quality.
-It's not the most discreet unit, but it certainly doesn't call attention to itself.
-Clicking the button five times seems excessive. What's wrong with three? Hell, even four!?
-The "CF" name sounds like I bought a car from an Infinity dealership. How about something cool like the Fighter Jet, or the Neptune, or the.... Idk maybe not lol.

What I didn't love:
-No pass-through charging
-Battery life. I got 10 sessions from a charge (full ovens, between 385-415*F). This is at the minimum of what I consider acceptable. I'm no electronics expert, but I feel like 1x 1300 mAh is small in 2016 for a brand new portable.
-The power button and LED/temp layout seems like an afterthought with this design.
-The power button feels chintzy.
-The power button is the only part of the CF that doesn't sit flush. In theory this could lead to unintended power cycles in a pocket, but it hasn't happened with me yet.
-My mouthpiece has a large section in the middle of the opening where plastic connects the top to the bottom. A non-uniform plastic bridge is connecting the top to the bottom of the mouthpiece. It looks like a manufacturing defect. Draw resistance is not affected, but it will make cleaning more tedious. See photos for details.

Suggestions:
*Even though a replacement mouthpiece set is cheap from the manufacturer, it would have been nice to see a set of replacement o-rings and maybe a chamber or mouthpiece screen included in the box.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/bFBAw

Final thoughts: The Boundless CF is very good, but it isn't perfect. The CF has a lot of great aspects, but I think the most significant quality is its bang for the buck. This thing performs very nicely for a very low price. With a discount code, my final price was $109.99 shipped. For this price, I can easily see beyond its minor shortcomings (although I still would like pass-through charging). Had I paid retail 129.99, I would probably have expected some of those concerns to be addressed (like a longer lasting battery). All-in-all, I am impressed and satisfied. Thanks for a great recommendation, FC. Score: 91/100 at $109.99 shipped. 89/100 at $129.99 shipped.

Disclaimer: I have zero affiliations with any company or website or anything like that. I'm a recreational user who wanted to buy a new vaporizer; that's all.

Last edited:

YungLeaner

aWfarRS.jpg
tQ8EAt8.jpg

sJxd1O5.jpg

The ELB in this vape makes a crazy difference...did a .3 bowl with a glob in the middle with no screen, elb w/ no cap and underdog Nong stem and I had 3 hits more intense and flavorful than anything i've hit but the cloud evo

Tommy10

Interesting, I'm all micro dosing now (maybe more micro loads but macro dose:/) but this looks awesome for a .8 pack in the pocket full charge and go out and get ripped with 3 buddies for a trip, or at the movies or something! I'd imagine if you shortened your ELB you could do small loads easily?

Tommy10,

Mr. Me2

Stupid question of the day... What's "ELB"? It's not listed in the fc glossary. Thx!

Mr. Me2,

Likes2vape

aWfarRS.jpg
tQ8EAt8.jpg

sJxd1O5.jpg

The ELB in this vape makes a crazy difference...did a .3 bowl with a glob in the middle with no screen, elb w/ no cap and underdog Nong stem and I had 3 hits more intense and flavorful than anything i've hit but the cloud evo
Yes!!!!! I totally agree!! The elb basket makes the flavor unreal and the hits are huge and dense!!

Edit: I just wanted to add that the flavor if great without the elb but a notch better with the it!

When using the elb Idk which has better taste the EVO or the CFX!! The CFX is a session style, while the EVO is a one user at a time style! With the EVO I get 3-4 really big thick flavor filled hits and with the CFX it is a 5 minute session of big thick flavorful hits!

I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase but I keep reaching for the CFX over the EVO for the simple fact that it heat ups in 20-30 seconds and I'm already well into a sesh before the EVO is even warmed up!

I used the EVO last night and it's a beast!!! When you want to get massive amounts of THC in your system with as few hits as possible the EVO is king!!! I find the CFX to compliment the EVO really well. The CFX is the only portable that my combustion buddies asked about and complimented. I think one of them may even order one, he liked it so much.

Last edited:

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
Hey guys, thanks for the support and fantastic conversations regarding our vapes. Just a heads up, our merchant service is getting set up to allow the use of most major credit cards. There may be some issues in the payment process today. Sorry for the inconvenience we should be all good by the end of the day tomorrow. If you guys have any questions please email, eric@boundlessvapes.com or info@boundlessvapes.com

Boundless Vape Technology,
Reactions: Vambo1980

1love

I just wanted to chime in regarding my experience with the CFX.
I love it. I have been using it as my go to apparatus for over a month now. My technique is to just stick unground herb in the chamber and vape at 400 degrees. No elb (i didn't know what that was until today) or water. It comes out even dark brown.
I had been using a mighty and crafty but the battery and heat up time was less than optimal. The battery and charge up time is great on the CFX. Flavor is great also.
I am strongly thinking about canceling my grasshopper order and getting one more of these.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had a great session with the elb this afternoon...good taste and clouds.

@Boundless Vape Technology - please take this as a compliment, as I wouldn't bother with a vape I didn't like. But I would like to talk about the materials in this thing. I've watched the reverse explosion video several times and don't what the materials are.

What exactly is in the air path and which materials are being heated up?

Top Bottom