Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

YungLeaner

Guess I'm waiting for a CFX in Celsius. If I can hold out that long. Everything I see about this I like.
If you don't mind my asking--is it mainly a comfort issue? I've used vapes in both celsius and Fahrenheit and never been bothered much by the difference.
I been using the vapexhale elbs since I got it day 1 of ownership , they help allot to keep that screen clean. I am going to try removing the screen wich I have not done yet and just using the elb as my only screen. I am hoping it helps a bit with airflow. I have not really done to many loose packs yet , something I want to try more. I have been running it through some water with just a universal water pipe adaptor attached to the mouthpiece that delta studios makes. It has been working well for that. I usually fill up the oven about half way every time I use it. I can usually get 1-2 5min sessions out of that but usually just go for 1 and save the abv for some edibles. Have you tried the included capsule yet with herb ? I have only tried it with some concentrate and it worked pretty well at the higher temps for me , no herb yet but it may work well and if it does you can prob grab a few of them cheap for a capsule system.
I'm saving the capsule for when I next buy oil, but I try and stay away from concentrates (because i LOVE them) so maybe I'll give it a shot with herb. Thanks for the suggestion.

ginolicious

@YungLeaner, yes it is a comfort thing. Everything I use is in Celsius. My thermostat on my house, my desktop vaporizer and so forth. I like to only use one thing. I don't want to have to be coverting my temperatures from Celsius to farenheit for when I use my portable for example.

ginolicious,

VaporSipper

I asked Boundless and they told me that there's no way to change between °F and °C. Should be an easy firmware fix, but I have no idea if current devices can have their firmware updated. I do hope that future batches of the CFX can have this feature added. To be honest, I can't imagine why it's not there already...

VaporSipper,

subway13029

I'm gonna give the capsule a shot with dry herb and see how that works then I'm gonna try the fm capsules which I really like but I'm not fond of the fm..lol..but anyways it's a nice capsule system with the grinder and all in one deal..

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I asked Boundless and they told me that there's no way to change between °F and °C. Should be an easy firmware fix, but I have no idea if current devices can have their firmware updated. I do hope that future batches of the CFX can have this feature added. To be honest, I can't imagine why it's not there already...
That is weird. I couldn't get it to go to C by fucking with three buttons.

stickstones,

subway13029

Hey @ginolicious just give the cf a try..its cheaper has five preset temps that are a good range and they are f and c..im really liking this one..obviously ability to dial exact temp would be nicer but the temps are good range..they go from 355 to 415..def worth a shot plus they have 20 off so now its only 110..

subway13029,

ginolicious

Hey @ginolicious just give the cf a try..its cheaper has five preset temps that are a good range and they are f and c..im really liking this one..obviously ability to dial exact temp would be nicer but the temps are good range..they go from 355 to 415..def worth a shot plus they have 20 off so now its only 110..

I do appreciate the suggestion. Auto set temperatures are something I dislike strongly in vaporizers. I like to customize the temerpsrire and have full control essentially.

ginolicious,

Justpassedu

So last night I had tried taking the metal screen out and just using a elb as my screen instead of both and it worked pretty well, saw another member doing it and decided to try it for myself. A bit better airflow and still nice clouds , I also did not pack it tight this time around and just dropped my material in the chamber and than tapped it down ever so lightly. Very nice session.

Justpassedu,

YungLeaner

So last night I had tried taking the metal screen out and just using a elb as my screen instead of both and it worked pretty well, saw another member doing it and decided to try it for myself. A bit better airflow and still nice clouds , I also did not pack it tight this time around and just dropped my material in the chamber and than tapped it down ever so lightly. Very nice session.
Wait, so you took out the bottom CFX screen and packed the bud in the ELB? Or am I misunderstanding

YungLeaner,

Likes2vape

I got my cfx today and WOW what a awesome portable vape!!!!! It was just what I was looking for, a fucking cloud machine!!! This thing is awesome dry but is a rock star through water, which is what I wanted!! The video posted by @Boundless Vape Technology is the real deal! I got the same results!! The UD NonG works awesome as a wpa!! Thanks again for the suggestion @YungLeaner

If you remove the metal screen in the mouthpiece a top from an ELB fits perfectly over the nipple inside the top. As a matter of fact this was almost designed perfectly to use an ELB!!! I had to crush the sides of the elb to give it some flex but other than that it fit in perfectly!!

It works great with or with out the ELBs and it is easy to load and empty but I think the ELBs might add some convection!! The taste is good either way!!

I'm totally happy with this purchase and the customer service has been great so far. I placed the order and had mentioned I'd like to get the wpa when it comes out. Within a couple hours I had response letting me know the vape had shipped and that they would send a wpa once it was available.

toMjNRD.jpg

Wkt0O8k.jpg

0Tr0FVx.jpg

DtOFc9D.jpg

Last edited:

YungLeaner

I got my cfx today and WOW what a awesome portable vape!!!!! It was just what I was looking for, a fucking cloud machine!!! This thing is awesome dry but is a rock star through water, which is what I wanted!! The video posted by @Boundless Vape Technology is the real deal! I got the same results!! The UD NonG works awesome as a wpa!! Thanks again for the suggestion @YungLeaner

If you remove the metal screen in the mouthpiece a top from an ELB fits perfectly over the nipple inside the top. As a matter of fact this was almost designed perfectly to use an ELB!!! I had to crush the sides of the elb to give it some flex but other than that it fit in perfectly!!

It works great with or with out the ELBs and it is easy to load and empty but I think the ELBs might add some convection!! The taste is good either way!!

I'm totally happy with this purchase and the customer service has been great so far. I placed the order and had mentioned I'd like to get the wpa when it comes out. Within a couple hours I had response letting me know the vape had shipped and that they would send a wpa once it was available.

toMjNRD.jpg

Wkt0O8k.jpg

0Tr0FVx.jpg

DtOFc9D.jpg

I'm so glad that you like yours. I can't really imagine a better portable conduction vape, other than a few small ideas. I think that the bowl should be about half the size for efficiency. The redesign of the bowl as they did for PAX 2 is a good model--shallower and wider should be the model for a conduction vaporizer. Other than that it's pretty much the ideal conduction portable. And it slaughters every other conduction vape that I've used through glass.

Now that things have settled down and Boundless has a better grasp of the conduction/convection distinction, I wonder if their heating element design could be reworked for convection somehow down the line. It's SUCH a powerful vape, and if the digital temp control was replaced by the CF's 4 heat settings then I feel like they could engineer their way into convection pretty effectively. @Likes2vape have you noticed any lacking cloud production at all from the usage of the ELB to pack the bud in? As it stands the only thing I don't like is the cleaning, pretty much, because the bowl stays really hot for awhile. I'm also getting my Evo repaired very soon so I could throw in some ELBS on the order :)

YungLeaner,

Likes2vape

Yeah I am totally surprised by this thing and I am really liking it!! The draw is restricted but it feels about the same as a packed pipe bowl so not to bad to me. The abv is coming out a nice dark coffee color and it doing a good job of extracting the goodies!

I am finding it really versital as a lot of other vape parts are working great with it! (ELB's, UD NonG, 7th floor sidekick bubbler) I think using the elb baskets ends up making it an almost portable EVO. The taste is great that way but the taste is good without the elb as well! I have been using it at 410 dry, 420 through water, and 430 with the elb through water. I haven't tried the elb method dry yet but I think I would just leave it at 430 and adjust down if needed.

BTW @stickstones the bubbler from the 7th floor SideKick fits perfectly. It hits awesome with it!

Likes2vape,

Likes2vape

Shows it through water and also the elb convection "mod" at the end.

I am finding this vape extremely versital!!! Dry rocks through water is awesome and I am finding I get flavor equivalent of the EVO when using the elbs in it ala convection mod!

I hope @Boundless Vape Technology comes out with their own approved elb type baskets but if they don't I hope they never change the oven size!

This thing kicks ass and despite a rough start here on FC this is a real winner. As a matter of fact I'm getting rid of my solo and getting another CFX as a back up. Maybe I'll try the CF but I like the extra 15 degrees that the CFX offers.

@Boundless Vape Technology does the CF have the same oven as the CFX?

subway13029

I watched video with no sound but you seem to get bigger hit with the elb inserted..so you think because it's convective heat but also the basket gets hot which is cinducting heat from the oven?? To me convection and conduction can be twisted a lot of ways and hybrid and such but nice hits..I have get to get a proper wpa for my cf..prolly gonna by an extra mp and muzzmod in a wAy and attach a glass reducer to the plastic part that twists on to the base. Was hoping to wait for boundless official one but with those milky hits..who can wait?? Not me..lol

subway13029,

Likes2vape

Yeah I noticed it seemed to milk a little better with the elb not sure why though but either way it's the best portable I have used yet!

Boundless said they hoped to have their wpa by 4/20 but couldn't say for sure they would have it by then. Your best bet is to probably muzzmod it or get an Underdog NonG for the time being.

Edit: @subway13029 Just get the underdog NonG it's only $1-2 more than a new mp unit.

I just figured out the NonG slides through both pieces of the mp and makes a better seal it is super sturdy like this.

I did another side by side test of open oven vs elb basket and I think maybe I didn't quite load enough for the first load in video. I was just milking it both ways.

A15Uq4I.jpg

qtPdTBW.jpg

Last edited:

subway13029

Yeah looks like a mich better seal that way..yeah i guess ill just get a ud nong and go from there..don t have any logs but figured with my trove of vape supplies i would have something. But havent found anything that is like plug it in and go like the nong..hopefully boundless has their out but 4/20.

subway13029,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Someone was asking...the cfx is more restrictive than the mighty. It's more like a solo, but not that bad.

stickstones,
Top Bottom