Best cartridges for distillate

LayKool

Ok so I'm looking at getting a veco or a drizzle ordered up.
I've got a Trinity xl should be here tomorrow.

My question is seems like the veco and the drizzle both have followings.
Both seem to give good vapor an taste but it looks like the drizzle uses mostly all of the juice in the tank while the veco leaves like .5?

Can anyone who has tried both maybe chime in and tell me if I'm on track ?
I'm kinda leaning towards the drizzle.
Any suggestions are more than welcomed!!!

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that the Drizzle is an MTL(Mouth to lung) tank and the Veco, NRG, Cascade are DTL(Direct to lung) tanks. If you're looking for that MTL feel i.e. what you get in a disposable cart, the Drizzle is your pick. I don't think the Veco leaves .5 in the tank.

I recently picked up a Vaporesso Nexus, which I highly recommend. It's a great all in one device with 2ml capacity for on the go and stealth. It's also a MTL device and has adjustable airflow and hits like the drizzle with 3 different temp/power settings.

florduh

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that the Drizzle is an MTL(Mouth to lung) tank and the Veco, NRG, Cascade are DTL(Direct to lung) tanks. If you're looking for that MTL feel i.e. what you get in a disposable cart, the Drizzle is your pick. I don't think the Veco leaves .5 in the tank.

I recently picked up a Vaporesso Nexus, which I highly recommend. It's a great all in one device with 2ml capacity for on the go and stealth. It's also a MTL device and has adjustable airflow and hits like the drizzle with 3 different temp/power settings.

If you don't want big direct to lung sub ohm hits, I don't see why one would choose the Drizzle over the Nexus. With the Nexus Airflow all the way open, you can get a nice airy hit too.

I also don't trust the Trinity XL. I several times had hot oil shoot through the chimney. I was told by the manufacturer I was "using it wrong" because I didn't do 10+ second cool down hits. No Vaporesso offering requires such fuckery. 10 seconds is a really long time.

Last edited:

LayKool

If you don't want big direct to lung sub ohm hits, I don't see why one would choose the Drizzle over the Nexus. With the Nexus Airflow all the way open, you can get a nice airy hit too.

If I'm going out, the Nexus is what I would take with me because of it's convenience, draw activation and stealth factor.

LayKool,
Reactions: florduh

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Hey Tom/other drizzle users,

So I put in a 1.3ohm ceramic, loaded the drizzle tank filled with warm distillate, let it sit for a few hours, then tried little half-second hits spaced out by 5-10 seconds. Kind of priming it I guess, usually what I do with a new cart.

I was doing this at 1.31ohm / 3.03v = 7W or slightly higher range (it was usually reading closer to 1.4, but my mod re-reads every hit and that's current reading. closest I've seen to 1.3 yet)

I started getting little tiny clouds, so I tried a 2 second hall. I got a good hit for sure, but it definitely had a weird taste to it... I've tried a few more hits, same thing.

Not sure if it's... just the drizzle itself? Or.. did I burn the atomizer out/not let it sit for long enough?

I tried hitting it once on the supplied battery, after the hits above, and it was HOT as fuck - didn't make me choke/cough, but close to it. Put it back on my mod, realized to get to 3.7V I would have to go all the way up to 10W, and I've never hit a cart that hot.

Anyway, did I fry it? Hence the weird taste? (taste existed before I tried the supplied battery... and still after)

Thx for anyones input

Got my Drizzle in and experienced that weird taste too, running TC @ 460. This was after letting it marinate for about 4 hours. Apparently I did fry the atty as after that I would only get CHECK ATOMIZER responses from my Tarot Nano. I popped in another and got an ATOMIZER SHORT reading. Tried one more and reading was 1.35 ohms. Let it sit another couple hours, but same result; bad taste and fried atty. Maybe best to let it sit for a night before trying again.

grampa_herb,

Stoneyk

Trinity xl seems to be a no go for me.
I tired two differebt tanks of isolate. First one clogged then leaked almost immediately.
After letting it sit for a day I thought maybe I did something wrong so I tried again. Made sure everything was nice an tight. My mix was barely moving at room temp so not too thin I don't think.
For about a half hour it worked pretty good. Amost immediately tho again the tank first flooded then started spitting and finally clogged up. Didn't all leak out like last time so that was cool but still not a great experience, I did all the things they said to do on the second tank cool down hits pre hits all of the above didn't seem to help the tank from clogging much at all. I hate to say it but I get better clouds out of a $2.49 disposable cart I'm using right now.
Sent an email explaining my trouble to the mfg and requested a refund.
Hoping the drizzle works right...
Good Lord the tabacco guys got 50 million we can't get one purpose built fat tank???? Lol

LayKool

Got my Drizzle in and experienced that weird taste too, running TC @ 460. This was after letting it marinate for about 4 hours. Apparently I did fry the atty as after that I would only get CHECK ATOMIZER responses from my Tarot Nano. I popped in another and got an ATOMIZER SHORT reading. Tried one more and reading was 1.35 ohms. Let it sit another couple hours, but same result; bad taste and fried atty. Maybe best to let it sit for a night before trying again.

You're sending way to much power to the coil which is why you're getting those results. The coil in the Drizzle is rated 9-13 watts, I use it at 7 watts and it delivers a good 2-3 second hit. The watts required to get to 460 I'm sure are well beyond the power rating of the coil. I would stick to wattage mode.

Last edited:

grampa_herb

You're sending way to much power to the coil which is why you're getting those results. The coil in the Drizzle is rated 9-13 watts, I use it at 7 watts and it delivers a good 2-3 second hit. The watts required to get to 460 I'm sure are well beyond the power rating of the coil. I would stick to wattage mode.

That's the trick, thanks! I thought my mod would protect me from doing stupid things, but... My V9's also read 1.3 ohms and I was setting it to 460 TC working just fine. Gotta bone up on my electronics, calculate the correct temp range, & learn more about my new mod.

This Drizzle is what I hoped it would be. MTL instead of DTL feels much better, the airflow is sufficient and adjustable. Just a tad bit more narrow than the Veco but still easy to syringe fill without an adapter. Hits nice, smooth, and as tasty as the Veco.

My tank analogies so far:
  • pre-filled - 3.2 beer
  • Itsuwa Liberty Amigo V9 - quality beer (except for the all-too-frequent defective ones)
  • Vaporesso Veco - shot of whiskey
  • Vaporesso Drizzle - fine wine

nusodumi

Hah!

Gramps, glad you got it sorted like I did - I hadn't let it sit long enough, and/or hit it with the Drizzle battery which is way too hot for our purposes

On a mod 1.35ohm 3.29v 8.0W is the top end for me, start out around 6.

3-5 second pulls max, then I can feel it in the chest - to the point where I want to cough

no wonder the Drizzle goes through 1ml of distillate faster than any other cart I've used... because it does such a good job!

ordered a bunch of shatter, so I can make my own oil with liquidizer - sounds like that's the most economical way, now that distillate prices seem to be going up a bit... ($10+ per g/ml from all vendors)

Hope you are all well. Happy vapin

florduh

Hah!

Gramps, glad you got it sorted like I did - I hadn't let it sit long enough, and/or hit it with the Drizzle battery which is way too hot for our purposes

On a mod 1.35ohm 3.29v 8.0W is the top end for me, start out around 6.

3-5 second pulls max, then I can feel it in the chest - to the point where I want to cough

no wonder the Drizzle goes through 1ml of distillate faster than any other cart I've used... because it does such a good job!

ordered a bunch of shatter, so I can make my own oil with liquidizer - sounds like that's the most economical way, now that distillate prices seem to be going up a bit... ($10+ per g/ml from all vendors)

Hope you are all well. Happy vapin

If you're liquidizng shatter, MassTerpenes produces a distillate like oil. No PG/PEG needed. Tastes better than most other solutions I've tried.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I have been monitoring this thread for quite awhile. I bought a Veco at that point when the conversation turned rhapsodic over the device's performance with straight distillate. Yes, indeedy. I heartily agree. I am not a heavy hitter, so I hit it with lots of air and short pulse. Still, the vapor cloud I expel is impressive. I bought a Drizzle, but I needed a quick, forgotten B-day present. I filled and found the Drizzle to be very nice, too, before I gave it away. I have another on order. Looking forward to using the tank on my own mod. Cannabis toys. Can you have too many?

florduh

Cannabis toys. Can you have too many?

No.

Also check out the Nexus. I'm loving this thing more every day. Great airflow, tiny, and the autofire function is kind of cool. Right now the Nexus is my out-and-about device, and the Veco is my at home lung-buster.

images

grampa_herb

I have been monitoring this thread for quite awhile. I bought a Veco at that point when the conversation turned rhapsodic over the device's performance with straight distillate. Yes, indeedy. I heartily agree. I am not a heavy hitter, so I hit it with lots of air and short pulse. Still, the vapor cloud I expel is impressive. I bought a Drizzle, but I needed a quick, forgotten B-day present. I filled and found the Drizzle to be very nice, too, before I gave it away. I have another on order. Looking forward to using the tank on my own mod. Cannabis toys. Can you have too many?

Ha, ordered 2 more Drizzles yesterday. VAS, I submit to you.

grampa_herb,

Hoosier

No.

Also check out the Nexus. I'm loving this thing more every day. Great airflow, tiny, and the autofire function is kind of cool. Right now the Nexus is my out-and-about device, and the Veco is my at home lung-buster.

images

Been eyeing this one...looked like some folks on reddit were talking about qc issues...you have any issues with the coils?

florduh

Been eyeing this one...looked like some folks on reddit were talking about qc issues...you have any issues with the coils?

I may have been the one talking about the quality control issues on the coils lol.

The pack of coils I bought was off of eBay and 2 out of the 5 were duds. It's possible they weren't authentic. But I have a good coil in there now and it rips like a motherfucker. The thing is tiny too. My wallet is bigger.

LayKool

I may have been the one talking about the quality control issues on the coils lol.

The pack of coils I bought was off of eBay and 2 out of the 5 were duds. It's possible they weren't authentic. But I have a good coil in there now and it rips like a motherfucker. The thing is tiny too. My wallet is bigger.

The Nexus is such a killer all in one device. Great hits even on the lowest setting. When I first got it I also had issues but once I cleaned the contacts and dropped a new coil in, it hits like a freight train

LayKool,
Reactions: florduh

Hoosier

The Nexus is such a killer all in one device. Great hits even on the lowest setting. When I first got it I also had issues but once I cleaned the contacts and dropped a new coil in, it hits like a freight train

For comparison, what other devices/tanks do you have experience with? Your post history both here and reddit appears to be 100% vapresso related.

Hoosier,
Reactions: Danksta

LayKool

For comparison, what other devices/tanks do you have experience with? Your post history both here and reddit appears to be 100% vapresso related.

I've also used prefilled carts, empty CCells and Amigo Liberty V9's. My first Vaporesso purchase was a Tarot Nano starter kit. When I bought that, the included Veco tank didn't interest me, I wanted the mod for the disposable carts. I gave the Veco tank a shot based on stuff I read here on this forum. I then decided I wanted a mod without a built in battery and purchased the Swag starter kit that you see in my avatar which came with the NRG mini tank. Having had success with those two Vaporesso products I purchased a Cascade mini tank and Nexus all in one because I wanted to try it. Vaporesso annouced the Armour Pro mod and I was drooling over the feature set. I pre-ordered it and it is now my go to mod.

My contribution here is to share my experience about what I have used that works or doesn't work. Very little information is available about what e-cig devices work for THC concentrates.

Don't take my word for anything, do what I do, try it out for yourself, read, investigate and use what works for you.

Last edited:

Hoosier

I've also used prefilled carts, empty CCells and Amigo Liberty V9's. My first Vaporesso purchase was a Tarot Nano starter kit. When I bought that, the included Veco tank didn't interest me, I wanted the mod for the disposable carts. I gave the Veco tank a shot based on stuff I read here on this forum. I then decided I wanted a mod without a built in battery and purchased the Swag starter kit that you see in my avatar which came with the NRG mini tank. Having had success with those two Vaporesso products I purchased a Cascade mini tank and Nexus all in one because I wanted to try it. Vaporesso annouced the Armour Pro mod and I was drooling over the feature set. I pre-ordered it and it is now my go to mod.

My contribution here is to share my experience about what I have used that works or doesn't work. Very little information is available about what e-cig devices work for THC concentrates.

Don't take my word for anything, do what I do, try it out for yourself, read, investigate and use what works for you.

Kool. I have used the same carts (and a whole lot of others)—how does the nexus or Veco compare to a legit ccell?

LayKool

Kool. I have used the same carts (and a whole lot of others)—how does the nexus or Veco compare to a legit ccell?

To me the Nexus and any other tank represent two different types of systems. The Nexus, an all in one is what I take out of the house, movies, concert, etc. It's main advantage to a tank mod combo is it's form factor and ease of use. No button to press, no leaks, enough capacity to host a party and once you get the coil seated properly it delivers monster hits and no one knows what it is when they see it.

The "legit ccell", gets the job done but it's difficult to fill unless you have the right tips and if I were using a cartridge I'd opt for the Amigo Liberty V9 because it's easier to use and won't leak out of the bottom.

LayKool

Just wanted to add that a "legit ccell" and cCell coils used in Vaporesso products are technology developed by the parent company Shenzhen Smoore Technology Limited. Smoore holds the trademark for CCELL and Vaporesso which means that Vaporesso CCELL's are "legit ccell".

Hoosier

When I said “legit ccells” it was in reference to the fact that a lot of ebay 510 carts are listed as ccell, but are knock off coils. I completely understand that vaperesso coils are legit!

subway13029

I’ve heard that the Juul will work with thick distillate. I am also looking at the smok badge deal with the refillable pods. The best thing I’ve used is the ald amaze...it has refillable pods. My dispensary sells them as their proprietary pen. It’s super flavor and nice big hits.

Stoneyk

Well anyone looking for a distillate tank can pretty much take the Trinity xl off their list.
I've had such a poor experience with them.
Tried to get a refund and they sent me new experimental heaters that still leak and clog. This tank looks super well made but just doesn't work, period. It's great for about an hour then it's worthless your sucking buggars of distillate in your mouth with every hit... Disgusting.
I asked again for a refund and didn't even recieve a reply from the company... Had to file a dispute with my bank to get my money back...
Unfortunately my experience with W9 and the Trinity xl has been horrible!

Top Bottom