Best cartridges for distillate

eljesse

Hi guys! I created a concentrate ejuice using vg and pg, I am vaping it with the exceed d19.

Is there any better tank I can use for it? can you recommend to me some?

eljesse,

btc123

Hey guys, been following this thread and wanted to share my experience.

First - my question: I just picked up a Vaporesso Nexus. Loaded it with clear distillate from "Nug" and at first I was super pleased. On the lower temps it'll pull for a moment and then start blinking red. I assumed this to mean that it hit the temperature limit but now I'm not sure?

Worse, after about a day of leaving the distillate in there (no additives or anything) the draw is now clogged. I need to pull for a while to heat it up and then pull hard and I can hear a pop when the oil unclogs and allows air to be drawn (and the oil to hit my mouth). Any recommendations for what to do? I've been trying to store it in other orientations but it still seems clogged regardless?

At first I tried making liquid from BHO shatter and puff majic. This worked OK but the shatter is non-winterized which is problematic for the cart and the Kanger T3S I was using is just poorly designed and leaks through the wick a lot (the upside being you could rebuild the wick when the inevitable plant matter/solids ruin it). The puff majic seems to work fine, I got the 'naked' and don't really taste much when using it. After reading more on here about the potential hazards of PEG/PG/VG though I decided to stop fooling around and take advantage of living in a legal state.

SO, I searched around LA but only really found 1 clinic in Santa Ana with distillate in syringes/dablicators. It's fairly reasonably priced though so I gave it a shot (any other recommendations?) So far pretty happy with the Vaporesso coils - I really like being able to use them with straight distillate without additives. I'm hoping I can fix the clogging issue. I might just get a drizzle tank and TC mod next? Also have some Amigo v9 carts on the way to try :evil:

Also worth pointing out I think the Nexus tank is plastic which might be a concern for long term storage of liquids with solvents in them. I picked up some terps (linalool, limonene) and I'm hoping just a drop or two in the Nexus will help the distillate flow better and help with the clogging? Also hoping I can use the terps on winterized CO2 oil (jelly consistency) and run that. Has anyone had success with that?

subway13029

Hey guys, been following this thread and wanted to share my experience.

First - my question: I just picked up a Vaporesso Nexus. Loaded it with clear distillate from "Nug" and at first I was super pleased. On the lower temps it'll pull for a moment and then start blinking red. I assumed this to mean that it hit the temperature limit but now I'm not sure?

Worse, after about a day of leaving the distillate in there (no additives or anything) the draw is now clogged. I need to pull for a while to heat it up and then pull hard and I can hear a pop when the oil unclogs and allows air to be drawn (and the oil to hit my mouth). Any recommendations for what to do? I've been trying to store it in other orientations but it still seems clogged regardless?

At first I tried making liquid from BHO shatter and puff majic. This worked OK but the shatter is non-winterized which is problematic for the cart and the Kanger T3S I was using is just poorly designed and leaks through the wick a lot (the upside being you could rebuild the wick when the inevitable plant matter/solids ruin it). The puff majic seems to work fine, I got the 'naked' and don't really taste much when using it. After reading more on here about the potential hazards of PEG/PG/VG though I decided to stop fooling around and take advantage of living in a legal state.

SO, I searched around LA but only really found 1 clinic in Santa Ana with distillate in syringes/dablicators. It's fairly reasonably priced though so I gave it a shot (any other recommendations?) So far pretty happy with the Vaporesso coils - I really like being able to use them with straight distillate without additives. I'm hoping I can fix the clogging issue. I might just get a drizzle tank and TC mod next? Also have some Amigo v9 carts on the way to try :evil:

Also worth pointing out I think the Nexus tank is plastic which might be a concern for long term storage of liquids with solvents in them. I picked up some terps (linalool, limonene) and I'm hoping just a drop or two in the Nexus will help the distillate flow better and help with the clogging? Also hoping I can use the terps on winterized CO2 oil (jelly consistency) and run that. Has anyone had success with that?
Man am i glad i saw your post as i was about to order the nexux because it uses ccell coils. Ive had best luck with ald amaze pods. That what my dispensary here sells. Great flavor and no leaking but only place i found is ebatly for empty pods and a battery. I was looki g for a draw activated one like the nexus. I know the juul work and i found empty juul pods so that my next endeavor. Supposedly the juul pods work great with distillate.

subway13029,
Reactions: dynospec

LayKool

I've had the Nexus for a couple of months...

The tank is made of glass not plastic. I've never had it clog. I did have a problem with it providing small hits, meaning, you draw on it and very quickly the white indicator would blink red. I pulled out the coil, cleaned out the bottom contact, and put in a new coil with the device oriented so that the fill hole(tank) is facing down which fixed my problem. What I do now is try to keep the device on it's side with the on/off button facing away from me and pointing to the right. This seems to keep the coil from getting too saturated and now it hits fine and I've been using it everyday for the last couple of weeks.

subway13029

That seems like a lot to make a device work. Especially cuz I put it in my pocket at work and I figured it was an enclosed typdevice and had ccell so had big hopes but seems like too much work when I know the ccell carts work but I seem to not like those too much..they really eat the oil and with the .5 it’s empty before it gets going it seems..maybe I’ll try the 1 ml

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That seems like a lot to make a device work. Especially cuz I put it in my pocket at work and I figured it was an enclosed typdevice and had ccell so had big hopes but seems like too much work when I know the ccell carts work but I seem to not like those too much..they really eat the oil and with the .5 it’s empty before it gets going it seems..maybe I’ll try the 1 ml

I have to pulse the button on the CCELL with my stick batteries since the cart hits so hard even on the lowest setting. It does hit hard but also can run through some oil like you say. I've been using them on my Joyetech Evic Basic mod instead, I can hit it with less power and just ride the button. We noticed we were getting more flavor off certain carts just by running them on the box mod.

invertedisdead,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
In the interim, you can heat up the cart with a hair dryer to get things flowing.

macbill,

btc123

I've had the Nexus for a couple of months...

The tank is made of glass not plastic. I've never had it clog. I did have a problem with it providing small hits, meaning, you draw on it and very quickly the white indicator would blink red. I pulled out the coil, cleaned out the bottom contact, and put in a new coil with the device oriented so that the fill hole(tank) is facing down which fixed my problem. What I do now is try to keep the device on it's side with the on/off button facing away from me and pointing to the right. This seems to keep the coil from getting too saturated and now it hits fine and I've been using it everyday for the last couple of weeks.

Thanks LayKool, I was under the impression the tank was glass but then I saw this video. Hopefully he was using an old device or something?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-25b1ZSBAh8&feature=youtu.be&t=9m21s

Just pulled out the coil and swapped it out with a new one and cleaned up a bit. Upon separating the old coil from the draw stem it became obvious the center of the coil was totally flooded with distillate. Hence no matter what I tried it remained clogged since it was just pooled in the coil itself. It does give hits though once the pool melts. New coil is currently ripping but that is how the other one started out...

Still not entirely sure what caused it to clog so bad but I did suck pretty hard to clear the clog which may have just drew in a ton of warm distillate into the coil and flooded it in retrospect. Inspecting this thing I'm a little confused as to what the airflow path looks like (ignoring the 'air control' dial which just seems like it adds in air drawn from the side of the mouthpiece). I left the unit standing up overnight and the next morning is the first time it clogged - trying to understand the air path and why that would maybe happen.

Oh, LayKool - so you mean you set it down so that you can see the Vaporesso logo right side up, is that correct?

Last edited:
btc123,

LayKool

Oh, LayKool - so you mean you set it down so that you can see the Vaporesso logo right side up, is that correct?

No, Vaporesso logo upside down.

On the Vaporesso site they say the tank is glass but the video shows that it is plastic which I have confirmed. I'm going to write them about that.

Last edited:
LayKool,

florduh

Comparing my new Drizzles to the Veco, it seems like consumption is down about 50%, but I'm just as happy just as often. It tripled going from Liberty V9's to the Veco. Are some setups that much more efficient than others?

Judging from my nic-vape experience, the Sub Ohm Veco will chug more oil than the "super ohm" Drizzle. People use a much lower nicotine level with sub ohm setups because you are inhaling more nicotine per puff. So it would make sense that your Veco was delivering more THC per puff.

But if you're satisfied with the Drizzle's effects, using it over the Veco is likely a good move, tolerance wise.

florduh

On the Vaporesso site they say the tank is glass but the video shows that it is plastic which I have confirmed. I'm going to write them about that.

Yeah, please do. The "glass tank" was one of my favorite features of the Nexus, and I've recommended it to others specifically BECAUSE of that feature. Really shitty of them if they're using plastic.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's interesting about the consumption, I've been hitting some of the CCELL carts around SoCal lately and noticed I get much tastier draws and longer lasting carts when using my box mod versus the stick battery. Even on the lowest setting with my Itsuwa stick battery, it plows through oil. The CCELLS seem to vary in resistance a good bit so 1 watt here can make one hit quite a bit harder than 1 watt there. With the Beezle and Brite Labs carts I've been hitting, we noticed there is often quite a serious flavor difference just between one watt on the Box mod. Flavors that were completely absent on the pen battery.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
That's interesting about the consumption, I've been hitting some of the CCELL carts around SoCal lately and noticed I get much tastier draws and longer lasting carts when using my box mod versus the stick battery.

That's another variable in my unscientific experience; moved to a box mod when I got my Drizzles, so that would be helping efficiency as well.

Judging from my nic-vape experience, the Sub Ohm Veco will chug more oil than the "super ohm" Drizzle. People use a much lower nicotine level with sub ohm setups because you are inhaling more nicotine per puff. So it would make sense that your Veco was delivering more THC per puff.

The thing is, and this is so subjective, it seems like I am getting the same amount of THC into me using half the oil, which is why I 'm hypothesizing about waste. I could be way off base as the observer has been known to be on drugs. :ko:

florduh

The thing is, and this is so subjective, it seems like I am getting the same amount of THC into me using half the oil, which is why I 'm hypothesizing about waste. I could be way off base as the observer has been known to be on drugs. :ko:

I think the Drizzle very likely is more efficient. But that's because it's burning less oil per second than a sub ohm Veco. My theory is, the Drizzle is tickling your cannabinoid receptors enough, and the extra THC from the Veco is unnecessary.

I dunno for sure though. But the excess oil being vaporized in the Veco has to go somewhere.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's another variable in my unscientific experience; moved to a box mod when I got my Drizzles, so that would be helping efficiency as well.

It seems like the power control is a good bit tighter on the mod, and can keep these tanks from getting too hot and steamrolling through the goodies. Especially since these oils are dewaxed and vaporize so efficiently compared to a waxy raw concentrate.

zoroasterisk

I have been using the Vaporesso Nexus and a Juul for distillate for the past few days. The Nexus is fuss free and convenient, but doesn't deliver a very dense, satisfying hit on any temperature setting or airflow level. Always too airy and cool. The Juul delivers satisfactory vapor but the wicked coil limits me to about a third of a dense lungful and the air flow rod thru the middle of the pod gets clogged and needs to be sucked free before hitting. Also, the Juul pods are annoying to get a good seal on when refilling to prevent opening and leaking. Either way, I feel like I have two imperfect solutions.

I used to get prefills that hit hard with a variable-voltage Ooze 510 battery. I'm thinking about going back to empty ccell th201's but I wanted a less disposable solution (although I was scared away from the trinity tank).

I think the ccell palm or one of the Vaporesso mods would be good for me but they are two different solutions. I think maybe what I want is thick DTL hits but whatever is most like a dab but isn't load-as-you-go. The guardian tank looks good because of the metal shield hiding the distillate and protecting the glass but I don't hear about that one much on the thread, where people seem to like the veco or drizzle. I just want rips that smack similar to pre-filled carts on simple stick batteries.

zoroasterisk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just refilled a ceramic, SS, and glass cartridge I bought at a dispensary. It’s similar to a ccell.

Vicki,

dynospec

I have been using some CCELL carts on a eVic VTC Dual a little bit over the last week or two and I have enjoyed figuring them out sure. They arent perfect, but they are pretty awesome! I think they have work left to do yet to make them better but they are pretty good as they are.

I am waiting on a Toko pen style battery to try with them aswell. @invertedisdead what wattage are you using with your CCELL carts on your eVic? And what resistance do your carts read, also do you lock your resistance in? I put arcticfox on my eVic, but havent done much customizing yet.

I have interest in LAYG style options aswell, such as DT attys, or possibly w9's new stuff, but they wont match the level of ease and convenience that the cartridges have.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@dynospec I'm using an Evic Basic also on Arctic Fox. I fiddled briefly with a TC profile but wasn't able to easily dial in a TCR value that was making me happy. I might mess with that again later but right now I'm pretty happy running at 5-6 watts in power mode, with a soft pre-heat curve set for 6 seconds. I've edited it so it's quite a gentle ramp up, hitting about 50% power by 3 seconds, and 100% by 6 seconds, with a 15 second lock out. Hits are smooth and tasty with plenty of vapor density for me while also being more conservative on the oil. I figure this will help feed oil in without just hitting it at full power and cooking the terps. AF doesn't lock the resistance in power mode so it's not locked. Resistance seems to vary between ~1.6-1.9 across a few different carts on hand.

At 5w I'm only at 2.83v, so quite a bit lower than the standard 3.7v off a 510 stick battery. With a full 15 second draw I get some of the smoothest, tastiest, potent vapor I've ever had!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@invertedisdead Thanks for your reply, I will try setting up a similar curve setting and give it a try. Makes sense tham getting it should help to make the oil last longer and give tastier hits. The pen battery Im getting has 3 power settings, but it will obviously not be as precise.

If it's one of the batteries where the settings adjust under 3.7v those are still pretty good. I have an Itsuwa stick battery with preheat and 3 power settings that I like quite a bit, but it acts real finicky all the time like it can't read the resistance of a cart for some reason and will lock me out, giving me the 3 flashing lights. It's not very reliable for that reason but before it started doing that it worked great. Been thinking about getting another just because that slim form factor is worth having in the toolbox. Curious about the CCELL Palm battery but not sure how hot it hits with the inhale controlled activation.

dynospec

If it's one of the batteries where the settings adjust under 3.7v those are still pretty good. I have an Itsuwa stick battery with preheat and 3 power settings that I like quite a bit, but it acts real finicky all the time like it can't read the resistance of a cart for some reason and will lock me out, giving me the 3 flashing lights. It's not very reliable for that reason but before it started doing that it worked great. Been thinking about getting another just because that slim form factor is worth having in the toolbox. Curious about the CCELL Palm battery but not sure how hot it hits with the inhale controlled activation.

It is one that is very similar to your Itsuwa I believe, having settings below 3.7v and preheat aswell I think. Looking forward to trying it out as the slim form factor is nice like you say. I had some similar finicky issues with my eVic, and I just had to clean all the connectors with iso and then I was good, Im sure you've tried it but figured Id mention it. The Palm is the bees knees Ive been told, apparently its worth the extra money.

Will set up those settings on my eVic and try them tomorrow, way too lazy tonight haha! I blame the LA confidential

Top Bottom