Best cartridges for distillate

TomBstoned

I started tracking when I got the Veco because at some point I want to deal with my tolerance issues. Yep, nothing like waking in the night and getting an easy quick hit. :)

This is the stuff I get here in Denver.

GgEN4PN.jpg
Nice. Send me some. I'm so lucky to be in a RED state now! Not to much longer tho.. I've always loved death star!

TomBstoned,

florduh

Umm. I go thru way more. I never really kept track. I'll mix up around .7g-.8gram bho with a bit of trees x flavorless, then add canna derived terps. Then empty it in 2-3days. If I was dabbing the same, it would last much longer, but the drizzle is just so easy! And what I mix tastes so good! Better than just dabbing. And, I've never taken a dab in the middle of the night when going pee. But, I sure have hit the drizzle...right back to sleep!!:zzz: And you can almost empty the drizzle before refill. So, your prolly looking at 5.5-6g a month!:doh:

Hey do you have any issues using thinned BHO/shatter in your tanks? Specifically, does the left over lipids/plant material in the shatter lead to any burning issues?

With the Cali market in flux due to testing regulations going into effect this month, the price of shatter has climbed a bit. But.... gram for gram you can still cop shatter for less than distillate in a syringe.

And to be honest.... I like Co2 oil MUCH more than distillate offerings. I feel like most of the distillate I see is just pure THC with terps added. No minor cannabinoids. I can only find 2 brands around me that offer CO2 oil in syringes. Pure Vape...which is pretty awesome in every way. And Jetty... which is ok, but they load their oil in those plastic "dablicators", which I find to be a pain in the ass.

I'm just trying to figure out if thinning out shatter is worth it... or more trouble than it's worth. I like that it is more of a full spectrum experience than distillate. But if it's going to taste significantly worse or causes clogs... I may just stick with the few brands that still sell CO2 oil around me.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
How do I post a pic?...grampa_herb i love your avatar. You hitting any shows this year?

You have to upload your image to a hosting site and then link to it. I use Imgur, but many are having issues so I would not recommend it. Other sites are available but never used them.

No shows since '94. I haven't even gone to a concert since I got robbed to see Carlos at Red Rocks 15 years ago. Reminds me of a Dead show at Mile Hi which started late cuz Santana was opening (rare) but got busted for pot the day before. Some folks had signs asking for a $1 to keep Carlos out of jail. ;)

@florduh I also prefer the goodies in the CO2 oil. The stuff pictured above is called distillate, but according to the bud tenders this is just blasted a few more times with CO2. I'm a a little fuzzy on the definition. Anyhow they normally charge twice the price for "distillate", but often have sales where it is priced less than the oil, like they are really trying to push it.

Last edited:
grampa_herb,
Reactions: florduh

TomBstoned

Hey do you have any issues using thinned BHO/shatter in your tanks? Specifically, does the left over lipids/plant material in the shatter lead to any burning issues?

With the Cali market in flux due to testing regulations going into effect this month, the price of shatter has climbed a bit. But.... gram for gram you can still cop shatter for less than distillate in a syringe.

And to be honest.... I like Co2 oil MUCH more than distillate offerings. I feel like most of the distillate I see is just pure THC with terps added. No minor cannabinoids. I can only find 2 brands around me that offer CO2 oil in syringes. Pure Vape...which is pretty awesome in every way. And Jetty... which is ok, but they load their oil in those plastic "dablicators", which I find to be a pain in the ass.

I'm just trying to figure out if thinning out shatter is worth it... or more trouble than it's worth. I like that it is more of a full spectrum experience than distillate. But if it's going to taste significantly worse or causes clogs... I may just stick with the few brands that still sell CO2 oil around me.
Yes. Its worth it. I use bho, sugar or pull and snap. My flavor always stays true. Maybe a little off at the very end. What happens to me is a dark...black almost stuff will leach out of the coil into the tank, but it always floats to the top and settles on top. I can vape a tank to pretty much empty. Last couple hits might have a off taste, but not always and never bad. Nothing close to nasty at all. I always add canna derived terps tho. Now so have several different strains of terps, and I'm gonna order more from Tahoe terp co in just a few minutes! I get an oz of what I'm sent, always killer, then the different terps change to Buzz from tank to tank. I usually change coils often, but can soak em in iso, changing iso until it's clear and they usually taste better second run. If you thin it more than distillate you'll need a little more power because it flows into the coil better. Its well worth a try. I have plenty of pics. I just need to post a couple. Full to empty.

TomBstoned,

florduh

Yes. Its worth it. I use bho, sugar or pull and snap. My flavor always stays true. Maybe a little off at the very end. What happens to me is a dark...black almost stuff will leach out of the coil into the tank, but it always floats to the top and settles on top. I can vape a tank to pretty much empty. Last couple hits might have a off taste, but not always and never bad. Nothing close to nasty at all. I always add canna derived terps tho. Now so have several different strains of terps, and I'm gonna order more from Tahoe terp co in just a few minutes! I get an oz of what I'm sent, always killer, then the different terps change to Buzz from tank to tank. I usually change coils often, but can soak em in iso, changing iso until it's clear and they usually taste better second run. If you thin it more than distillate you'll need a little more power because it flows into the coil better. Its well worth a try. I have plenty of pics. I just need to post a couple. Full to empty.

Cool, thanks man. Hey just throwing this out there since you like thinning out non-distillate concentrates. I used a new liquidizer called MassTerpenes. It's a terpene based solution, and the mixing process is a little different. Basically you add the solution to your concentrate... and let it sit for 48 hours. It results in a nice, amber colored, clear oil.

The company claims this process prevents separation and blackening of the oil. After a few weeks, I can confirm it hasn't separated or darkened appreciably, but I'm not using a sub-ohm tank. I'm guessing the usual darkening with shatter mixes occurs because the mixing process always involves subjecting the mix to heat, which begins the decarb process. But I don't know for sure.

I've used Vapeur Extract, EJ-Mix, Wax Liquidizer, and Connoisseur Concentrates. This MassTerpenes stuff resulted in a better tasting mix than any of those products. The PEG based solutions always gave me a "plastic" aftertaste I didn't enjoy. And Connoisseur Concentrates always tasted like perfume or pine-sol.

They gave me a free sample, and I told them upfront that I was very skeptical and had written off using anything other than distillate or CO2, because I was so disappointed with my shatter liquifying efforts. I was shocked that it worked so well.

You might want to reach out to them and see if they'd give you a sample, since I don't know if anyone has tested it in a Sub Ohm tank before. I plan on trying it but I'm stocked up on oil for a few weeks. Their email is on thier IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/massterpenes/

Otherwise, think about doing this "cold brew" method with the terps/liquidizers you currently own. I simply added my MassTerps liquidizer in a syringe with my 'trates... then let it sit for 48 hours. Sometimes after 24-36 hours I'll hit the syringe with a hairdryer for a minute to help it along. But no microwaves or other high heat nonsense like most liquidizers require.

TomBstoned

I don't know if this will pic will show up.
0303181537_zpsjsusncoh.jpg.html
Its some bho I've mixed with. Kinda sugary.
0303181537_zpsjsusncoh.jpg

Diff bho, sugary too. Lots of thc crystals.
0303181611_zpsv5hoq76d.jpg

Last edited:
TomBstoned,

TomBstoned

Here's the driz after several nice rips. On a 50w eleaf.
0511180205b_zpsaojpeyyq.jpg

This is how empty I can run it. I did open the oil holes at the bottom so there's no lip at all. The coil was still white at the end of this tank.
0510182254a_zpsscydpeic.jpg

florduh

Here's the driz after several nice rips. On a 50w eleaf.
0511180205b_zpsaojpeyyq.jpg

This is how empty I can run it. I did open the oil holes at the bottom so there's no lip at all. The coil was still white at the end of this tank.
0510182254a_zpsscydpeic.jpg

Looks awesome!

What is your concentrate to liquidizer ratio?

TomBstoned

Usually about 1g of concentrate, and .3-.4g of liquidizer. Generally makes about 1.2ml. Then, 3 drops of terps. Maybe 4 depending on product, and terp strain. I always wait and put the terps in last, once cool and I know it's clear, not cloudy or foggy. I've used sugary stuff and you can feel the crystals on the bottom if it not ready. When cool they sink to the bottom and you can feel them when stirring. I heat as little as I have to. One of the reasons I mix the way I do.

TomBstoned,

TomBstoned

Cool, thanks man. Hey just throwing this out there since you like thinning out non-distillate concentrates. I used a new liquidizer called MassTerpenes. It's a terpene based solution, and the mixing process is a little different. Basically you add the solution to your concentrate... and let it sit for 48 hours. It results in a nice, amber colored, clear oil.

The company claims this process prevents separation and blackening of the oil. After a few weeks, I can confirm it hasn't separated or darkened appreciably, but I'm not using a sub-ohm tank. I'm guessing the usual darkening with shatter mixes occurs because the mixing process always involves subjecting the mix to heat, which begins the decarb process. But I don't know for sure.

I've used Vapeur Extract, EJ-Mix, Wax Liquidizer, and Connoisseur Concentrates. This MassTerpenes stuff resulted in a better tasting mix than any of those products. The PEG based solutions always gave me a "plastic" aftertaste I didn't enjoy. And Connoisseur Concentrates always tasted like perfume or pine-sol.

They gave me a free sample, and I told them upfront that I was very skeptical and had written off using anything other than distillate or CO2, because I was so disappointed with my shatter liquifying efforts. I was shocked that it worked so well.

You might want to reach out to them and see if they'd give you a sample, since I don't know if anyone has tested it in a Sub Ohm tank before. I plan on trying it but I'm stocked up on oil for a few weeks. Their email is on thier IG page:

https://www.instagram.com/massterpenes/

Otherwise, think about doing this "cold brew" method with the terps/liquidizers you currently own. I simply added my MassTerps liquidizer in a syringe with my 'trates... then let it sit for 48 hours. Sometimes after 24-36 hours I'll hit the syringe with a hairdryer for a minute to help it along. But no microwaves or other high heat nonsense like most liquidizers require.
I'll definitely check out mass terpenes. For sure! I know what I have won't cold brew, it seems like using more liquidizer can use less heat. Mixes easier and faster. It'd be real nice to mix cold.

TomBstoned,

cieje

I'm interested in the mass terpenes too! they have a sale on stuff now. any best flavors?

it says on the website everything is included. Does that mean a syringe is included?

I don't have one of these devices yet, but am looking at the NRG SE. I have an ehpro mod 101, and the se is 22ml like the mod.

cieje,

LayKool

I'm interested in the mass terpenes too! they have a sale on stuff now. any best flavors?

it says on the website everything is included. Does that mean a syringe is included?

I don't have one of these devices yet, but am looking at the NRG SE. I have an ehpro mod 101, and the se is 22ml like the mod.

NRG SE is a good choice, it delivers smooth and powerful hits with the GT CCell coil.

florduh

I've only tried SuperGlue and Blueberry OG. SuperGlue was more enjoyable to me. The terp flavor mixed well with the shatter I used.

I'm 99% sure they include a syringe with every order. Their original formula is marked down right now. It consisted of terps and a little PG. Their new mix is terps only, but I haven't tried it yet.

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Is it possible to buy a Drizzle tank by itself and not in a starter kit? Kind of a waste to buy the battery if you don't want it.

cieje

I've only tried SuperGlue and Blueberry OG. SuperGlue was more enjoyable to me. The terp flavor mixed well with the shatter I used.

I'm 99% sure they include a syringe with every order. Their original formula is marked down right now. It consisted of terps and a little PG. Their new mix is terps only, but I haven't tried it yet.

I reached out to /u/MassTerpenes on Reddit, and they're going to hook me up. Send me some samples to review and stuff. And yea, got some Blue Dream, Wedding Cake, and Blueberry OG. They're the old formula, so I believe I'm getting a sample of the new stuff to compare.

and yes, they include any needed syringes, even some PG for thinning with every order.

cieje,

nusodumi

What happens to me is a dark...black almost stuff will leach out of the coil into the tank, but it always floats to the top and settles on top.

I've definitely had this too, Tom.
Disolving shatter of various consistencies (not enough experience to know what was just breaking down, what was pull and snap, etc.) I always loved the experience in Vape710 carts, but definitely had the dark brown/black seep out of the atomizer holes into the liquid...

I think because shatter has so many other things in it, way more than distillate, all of those build up as a resin/residue... makes sense?

----

Re: the drizzle

On my 2nd ml of raw distillate in the Drizzle tank on my Pico mod at about 7W-9W on variable voltage, which ends up around 3.1v-3.5v in that wattage range

After that first day never had any weird/bad tastes again. I think I just got dry hits.

One thing I have noticed is it clogs! I go to take a hit, and I can't get any airflow with it wide open... I have to use a lot of pressure to "pop"/unclog it, then I can hit cleanly.

This happen on the ccell carts a lot with raw distillate... eventually it came out of the mouthpiece/I couldn't unclog it. Haven't had that with the drizzle yet... we'll see!

I wonder if it's just too thick... I used to be able to use pre-heat batteries to unclog the ccell's, but they are all stick batteries and putting the Drizzle on one looks hilarious and is so top heavy it isn't really stand-up friendly. (Plus, no pre-heat coil in the Drizzle... can just turn down wattage/voltage quite a bit and pre-heat that way though)

I still have to try thinning the distillate with some terps

But I've noticed prices of distillate are rising unfortunately....

So I might go back to bulk shatter orders and just enjoy dissolving many ml at once, and loading the Drizzle right to the top for much cheaper than distillate.

florduh

I've definitely had this too, Tom.
Disolving shatter of various consistencies (not enough experience to know what was just breaking down, what was pull and snap, etc.) I always loved the experience in Vape710 carts, but definitely had the dark brown/black seep out of the atomizer holes into the liquid...

I think because shatter has so many other things in it, way more than distillate, all of those build up as a resin/residue... makes sense?

----

Re: the drizzle

On my 2nd ml of raw distillate in the Drizzle tank on my Pico mod at about 7W-9W on variable voltage, which ends up around 3.1v-3.5v in that wattage range

After that first day never had any weird/bad tastes again. I think I just got dry hits.

One thing I have noticed is it clogs! I go to take a hit, and I can't get any airflow with it wide open... I have to use a lot of pressure to "pop"/unclog it, then I can hit cleanly.

This happen on the ccell carts a lot with raw distillate... eventually it came out of the mouthpiece/I couldn't unclog it. Haven't had that with the drizzle yet... we'll see!

I wonder if it's just too thick... I used to be able to use pre-heat batteries to unclog the ccell's, but they are all stick batteries and putting the Drizzle on one looks hilarious and is so top heavy it isn't really stand-up friendly. (Plus, no pre-heat coil in the Drizzle... can just turn down wattage/voltage quite a bit and pre-heat that way though)

I still have to try thinning the distillate with some terps

But I've noticed prices of distillate are rising unfortunately....

So I might go back to bulk shatter orders and just enjoy dissolving many ml at once, and loading the Drizzle right to the top for much cheaper than distillate.

Yeah I can still get shatter for about half of what distillate runs for. And shatter retains more natural terpenes and minor cannabinoids than distillate.

If you're going to try liquidizing shatter again, give MassTerps a whirl. Their liquidizer solved most of the issues I've had making shatter into oil. Or, if you have a favorite terpene blend... give their "cold brew" method a try. Just add .3-.5 ml of terps to a gram of shatter and let it sit in an airtight container for 48-72 hours. Don't know if there's anything "magic" about the MT liquidizer, or if any terps can work. That having been said, their prices are pretty reasonable and I know their product takes care of the job.

Stoneyk

Ok so I'm looking at getting a veco or a drizzle ordered up.
I've got a Trinity xl should be here tomorrow.

My question is seems like the veco and the drizzle both have followings.
Both seem to give good vapor an taste but it looks like the drizzle uses mostly all of the juice in the tank while the veco leaves like .5?

Can anyone who has tried both maybe chime in and tell me if I'm on track ?
I'm kinda leaning towards the drizzle.
Any suggestions are more than welcomed!!!

maxymods

Both seem to give good vapor an taste but it looks like the drizzle uses mostly all of the juice in the tank while the veco leaves like .5?

Look into the NRG Mini or se I’m not sure whitch one it is that is 2ml but from what I’ve read I would say over the veco although I have only used he drizzle but I personally am wanting to buy a NRG mini or whatever one that fits 2ml ove rthe veco whitch I have read does leave .5ml but I don’t love the drizzle because the airflow is less and I much prefer the sub ohm airflow but other than that I am loving the drizzle and would recommend it but would have probably went with the NRG over it if I realized about the airflow before hand

maxymods,

TomBstoned

I have both and love the drizzle. Obviously. Not sure about the nrg mini. The drizzle is 18mm 1.8mm the veco is 22mm and 2ml. Drizzle is taller and skinnier. Drizzle has much less room between coil and chimney than veco. Drizzle uses the same coil as the ccell carts. 1.3 ohm ceramic. If you've used a ccell cart. Drizzle can handle thin oil better than the veco and handles thick oil great too. That's my opinion.

TomBstoned

Lol damn another tank to add to the list to check out.
Id take the veco out of the running. I think @maxymods agrees on that. Both the veco and nrg mini are sub ohm tanks. It's my opinion that sub ohm isn't needed for concentrates. ELiquid sure. Concentrates dont need that much power. Sub tanks heat much more. Causes leaking and spitting with thinner oil.

Last edited:
TomBstoned,
Top Bottom