Best cartridges for distillate

TomBstoned

In terms of usage, my pens last so long because I don't use them often. I'm usually vaping at home, so I use more dedicated device and/or flowers. I hit the pen sometimes if I need a touch right before bed, and maybe once or twice a week I take it while walking the dog (or like tonight - to watch fireworks).

I have a Pico 25, a Sai TAF, DT G3 herb chamber, and a QQ on the way. Considering an Espion 200w. I also have a PCKT battery for carts - my first step toward liberation from the cheap pen batteries but I might have chosen the Palm in this regard if I had known about it.

For other vaping, I have a Silver Surfer (still going strong after ten years) and a Zion, which is nice for wax using floss but I like the Sai much more in this regard.

I love these units but want something easier to sip while out and about without stopping to reload/qtip out. Also, my wife will take a sip off a pen from time to time but has zero interest in learning to operate a "rig" of any kind. Pens w/ carts have fit that convenient bill but I hate the quasi-disposable nature of them. I started looking into reloading carts, and that does work, but they burn out after a couple refills and the battery-pens are often junk, too. Sounds like the Drizzle will work for me, thanks!
Nice. I've got a sai. It hit HARD! Ive played with it alot! Love the black ceramic with ss or ti in temp control. Sia coils are easily rebuildable too. I found a kit from W9tech on eBay for cheap! It had 10 of their sic wicks in it. Their shorter and a little fatter than HVTs black wicks. Looks like the wicks in the sia tripple ti coil. So, I've been trying diff coil builds. Almost all sai coils are very aggressive. Great for me...really hurt some other ppl. Even with the bubbler. I use the sai on my DNA mods.

You wanna fill your device for much less than a prefilled cart, easily and medicate, or recreate. Drizzle hits that Mark perfect! The coils are ss316 so they support temp control too.

TomBstoned,

nusodumi

You wanna fill your device for much less than a prefilled cart, easily and medicate, or recreate. Drizzle hits that Mark perfect! The coils are ss316 so they support temp control too.

Hey Tom/other drizzle users,

So I put in a 1.3ohm ceramic, loaded the drizzle tank filled with warm distillate, let it sit for a few hours, then tried little half-second hits spaced out by 5-10 seconds. Kind of priming it I guess, usually what I do with a new cart.

I was doing this at 1.31ohm / 3.03v = 7W or slightly higher range (it was usually reading closer to 1.4, but my mod re-reads every hit and that's current reading. closest I've seen to 1.3 yet)

I started getting little tiny clouds, so I tried a 2 second hall. I got a good hit for sure, but it definitely had a weird taste to it... I've tried a few more hits, same thing.

Not sure if it's... just the drizzle itself? Or.. did I burn the atomizer out/not let it sit for long enough?

I tried hitting it once on the supplied battery, after the hits above, and it was HOT as fuck - didn't make me choke/cough, but close to it. Put it back on my mod, realized to get to 3.7V I would have to go all the way up to 10W, and I've never hit a cart that hot.

Anyway, did I fry it? Hence the weird taste? (taste existed before I tried the supplied battery... and still after)

Thx for anyones input

nusodumi,

TomBstoned

Hey Tom/other drizzle users,

So I put in a 1.3ohm ceramic, loaded the drizzle tank filled with warm distillate, let it sit for a few hours, then tried little half-second hits spaced out by 5-10 seconds. Kind of priming it I guess, usually what I do with a new cart.

I was doing this at 1.31ohm / 3.03v = 7W or slightly higher range (it was usually reading closer to 1.4, but my mod re-reads every hit and that's current reading. closest I've seen to 1.3 yet)

I started getting little tiny clouds, so I tried a 2 second hall. I got a good hit for sure, but it definitely had a weird taste to it... I've tried a few more hits, same thing.

Not sure if it's... just the drizzle itself? Or.. did I burn the atomizer out/not let it sit for long enough?

I tried hitting it once on the supplied battery, after the hits above, and it was HOT as fuck - didn't make me choke/cough, but close to it. Put it back on my mod, realized to get to 3.7V I would have to go all the way up to 10W, and I've never hit a cart that hot.

Anyway, did I fry it? Hence the weird taste? (taste existed before I tried the supplied battery... and still after)

Thx for anyones input
I don't think you fried it. I've always added terps, but have had not the best flavor when I didn't add enough terpenes. I think it's just the coil. I've cleaned coils in iso after a tank and next fill was great. Strait distillate doesn't usually taste the best. But I've not had lots of distillate before.

TomBstoned,

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I got a good hit for sure, but it definitely had a weird taste to it...

What are you comparing this taste to? I thought distillate tasted weird at first. Curious cuz I'll be on the Drizzle bandwagon next week.

grampa_herb,

nusodumi

What are you comparing this taste to? I thought distillate tasted weird at first. Curious cuz I'll be on the Drizzle bandwagon next week.

The same batch of distillate that I have been vaping in my Itsuwa X5 and Vape710, and now Drizzle .

This morning I tried some 2-4 second puffs at 7.5W on the drizzle. A bit less of a taste, more normalized, and okay clouds. I will try more tonight.

I think like Tom mentioned it is probably the coil .

After first only using Vape710, I eventually got a handful of different Itsuwa carts. The X5 has been my fave by far and presents almost no identifiable taste of its own, just the mild raw distillate taste that is more in line with what thw distillate tastes like if you eat it .Kind of weird, but not at all like the slightly harsh weird taste the drizzle gave me, especially when I hit it on the drizzle battery which was really hot.

Going back to Vape710 which has exact same batch of distillate in it, I began to notice the Vape710 has an identifiable almost metallic taste to it...! Wasn't really noticeable until having a cart without that taste.

As Tom has indicated a bath in iso seemed to improve this taste possibly, I will try that after making it through this 1ml I've filled so far.

Any tips for changing atomizer without making a mess? I was thinking of turning it upside down and using a hair dryer to get it warm so most product goes to top of tank. Then in unscrew bottom and I think it should be relatively easy/mess free to change atomizer (which I will just do by rinsing existing one in iso)

I will keep you guys posted...

maxymods

The same batch of distillate that I have been vaping in my Itsuwa X5 and Vape710, and now Drizzle .

This morning I tried some 2-4 second puffs at 7.5W on the drizzle. A bit less of a taste, more normalized, and okay clouds. I will try more tonight.

After first only using Vape710, I eventually got a handful of different Itsuwa carts. The X5 has been my fave by far and presents almost no identifiable taste of its own, just the mild raw distillate taste that is more in line with what thw distillate tastes like if you eat it .Kind of weird, but not at all like the slightly harsh weird taste the drizzle gave me, especially when I hit it on the drizzle battery which was really hot.

Going back to Vape710 which has exact same batch of distillate in it, I began to notice the Vape710 has an identifiable almost metallic taste to it...! Wasn't really noticeable until having a cart without that taste.

As Tom has indicated a bath in iso seemed to improve this taste possibly, I will try that after making it through this 1ml I've filled so far.

Any tips for changing atomizer without making a mess? I was thinking of turning it upside down and using a hair dryer to get it warm so most product goes to top of tank. Then in unscrew bottom and I think it should be relatively easy/mess free to change atomizer (which I will just do by rinsing existing one in iso)

For me raw distillate does not have a good taste, but when I first filledit I used raw and I made sure to get it niceand warm so it would for sure fill the coil and the taste was not the best. More recently I use true terpenes and it tastes good. I run my drizzle at 6.5 Watts the battery it came with is defiantly too strong for carts, but I enjoy mine at 6.5 watts or ss316 300-400°F. I use about .08-.1 per 2 grams or each fill and I mix them insie a closed syringe(in a hot water bath off and on to make distillate flow) to avoid losing product

nusodumi

For me raw distillate does not have a good taste, but when I first filledit I used raw and I made sure to get it niceand warm so it would for sure fill the coil and the taste was not the best. More recently I use true terpenes and it tastes good. I run my drizzle at 6.5 Watts the battery it came with is defiantly too strong for carts, but I enjoy mine at 6.5 watts or ss316 300-400°F. I use about .08-.1 per 2 grams or each fill and I mix them insie a closed syringe(in a hot water bath off and on to make distillate flow) to avoid losing product

Thanks!

What terps do you use? I think I need to try this out... Raw has been fine but would be nice to have a flavour and/or make hits a little smoother

nusodumi,

TomBstoned

Changing the coil is easy. I've never useful anything as thick as raw distillate, but very close. I can vape mine down very low. Then I just lay it on its side and let as much run out of coil area as I can. Then unscrew the bottom, pop out the old coil and stick in a new one. It's SO easy. Even with thin stuff I've never had any on the bottom side of the coil. Upside down wouldn't be necessary. Check new coil after install and before refill. I haven't had a bad one, but I'm sure it's possible. I have a veco I don't use. So I check new coils it in before installing in drizzle.

TomBstoned,

TomBstoned

Thanks!

What terps do you use? I think I need to try this out... Raw has been fine but would be nice to have a flavour and/or make hits a little smoother
I've been useing Mr. Terps https://mrterps.com/3-terpenes I'm super happy with the quality, but had to complain more than 1x when I was shorted. I have 12 vials from them...orderd 1 ml of 7 strains, different orders even. They made it right, and Ordered when they had sales..and they sent me a 50% off flash sale coupon after the 1st mess up. And they ship from Spain...so, their top quality in my book, but I can't recommend them for obvious reasons. Maxymods mentioned true terpenes. I've heard their good. Not canna derived, but that's ok. If I ordered from them I personally would definitely try their 'viscosity' along with a strain(s) you select. https://buy-terpenes.com/products/viscosity/viscosity-extract-liquifier/ I would thin distillate out a little more than strain/flavor terps can do without being over terped. Just a little experimenting and you will totally nail it and love the drizzle more and more each day, IMO. I mix thinner than distillate for sure. I'm mixing bho. A bit thinner flows much better. Dosent need preheat, and when it's colder out it just makes sense. I'll order viscosity when I need to. If I was running distillate I'd have already tried it.

TomBstoned,
Reactions: asdf420

nusodumi

Changing the coil is easy. I've never useful anything as thick as raw distillate, but very close. I can vape mine down very low. Then I just lay it on its side and let as much run out of coil area as I can. Then unscrew the bottom, pop out the old coil and stick in a new one. It's SO easy. Even with thin stuff I've never had any on the bottom side of the coil. Upside down wouldn't be necessary. Check new coil after install and before refill. I haven't had a bad one, but I'm sure it's possible. I have a veco I don't use. So I check new coils it in before installing in drizzle.

Yet again, thanks for the reply and the info

Makes sense, on its side should be good enough.

To report back, now one day later after filling my Drizzle it seems to be doing much better with little to no weird/different taste at all. Starting to like it a lot!

It's at least a much more 'table stable' device on a mod than a tiny cart is on a pen battery, and not as tall as a cart on a mod.

nusodumi

I've been useing Mr. Terps https://mrterps.com/3-terpenes I'm super happy with the quality, but had to complain more than 1x when I was shorted. I have 12 vials from them...orderd 1 ml of 7 strains, different orders even. They made it right, and Ordered when they had sales..and they sent me a 50% off flash sale coupon after the 1st mess up. And they ship from Spain...so, their top quality in my book, but I can't recommend them for obvious reasons. Maxymods mentioned true terpenes. I've heard their good. Not canna derived, but that's ok. If I ordered from them I personally would definitely try their 'viscosity' along with a strain(s) you select. https://buy-terpenes.com/products/viscosity/viscosity-extract-liquifier/ I would thin distillate out a little more than strain/flavor terps can do without being over terped. Just a little experimenting and you will totally nail it and love the drizzle more and more each day, IMO. I mix thinner than distillate for sure. I'm mixing bho. A bit thinner flows much better. Dosent need preheat, and when it's colder out it just makes sense. I'll order viscosity when I need to. If I was running distillate I'd have already tried it.

Awesome, I got it into all this by leaving vaping herbs and trying a vape pen one day... damn I was blown away. That was C02 oil. I learned about being able to liquidize/dissolve shatter into an oil format... bought Vape710, was blown away after making my first batch. I had some packs of shatter that I had bought, and had only tried vaping in my Haze V3. It worked okay, but I was definitely blown away by the experience of turning it into an oil.

So, glad to hear that I can do that succesfully in the Drizzle, I was definitely happy to hear that it handles thinner liquids just as well, if not better. You use the 1.3ohm ceramic still, yeah?

Thx again

TomBstoned

Awesome, I got it into all this by leaving vaping herbs and trying a vape pen one day... damn I was blown away. That was C02 oil. I learned about being able to liquidize/dissolve shatter into an oil format... bought Vape710, was blown away after making my first batch. I had some packs of shatter that I had bought, and had only tried vaping in my Haze V3. It worked okay, but I was definitely blown away by the experience of turning it into an oil.

So, glad to hear that I can do that succesfully in the Drizzle, I was definitely happy to hear that it handles thinner liquids just as well, if not better. You use the 1.3ohm ceramic still, yeah?

Thx again
Ya. Same coil for multiple viscosities. I'm so stoked with this..obviously! Glad the flavor is coming around!

maxymods

I’ve used true terpenes only I also tried empirewellness but never mixed with distillate as I did not like them

maxymods,

TomBstoned

I also should note, I cleaned in iso because my bho was not dewaxed. I'd just refill when needed using distillate. Coils should last a few grams with dewaxed stuff.

TomBstoned,

TomBstoned

I’ve used true terpenes only I also tried empirewellness but never mixed with distillate as I did not like them
I've heard only bad stuff about empire wellness. I have 1ml of sfvog from Tahoe terp co. that I've not tried yet. I'm only gonna use canna derived terps, I already have em now. I'd use terps from non canna sources. But I haven't tried 1 I liked. Haven't tried true terps tho. I'd expect them to be quality tho. Canna derived terps a coming down in price. Mr. Terps are the most complex smelling and tasting Ive tried. Snerval og...!!!!

TomBstoned,

maxymods

I've heard only bad stuff about empire wellness. I have 1ml of sfvog from Tahoe terp co. that I've not tried yet. I'm only gonna use canna derived terps, I already have em now. I'd use terps from non canna sources. But I haven't tried 1 I liked. Haven't tried true terps tho. I'd expect them to be quality tho. Canna derived terps a coming down in price. Mr. Terps are the most complex smelling and tasting Ive tried. Snerval og...!!!!
Have you tried blue river? I’m vey tempted to try them as I have heard they are the only true canna derived but 60per/.25ml is pricy if they end up Not being great. Would you recommend trying mr terps and they are canna derived? If you ever get a chance you should try out true terpenes and give a comparison I have only tried strawnana but like it with about 5% each/(.05/g) I ordered it on amazon with free shipping for 20 or so for 2ml. I wouldn’t recommend ordering off site as shipping makes its more around 30/2ml+15shipping I think

maxymods,

TomBstoned

Have you tried blue river? I’m vey tempted to try them as I have heard they are the only true canna derived but 60per/.25ml is pricy if they end up Not being great. Would you recommend trying mr terps and they are canna derived? If you ever get a chance you should try out true terpenes and give a comparison I have only tried strawnana but like it with about 5% each/(.05/g) I ordered it on amazon with free shipping for 20 or so for 2ml. I wouldn’t recommend ordering off site as shipping makes its more around 30/2ml+15shipping I think
Ya. Once. With a friend. Been a year or so...not mixing with, just dipped a couple dabs. Blue river terps are legit for sure. Mr Terps totally claims their canna derived. I've emailed and ask too. They said they're canna derived. Why would they short me if their not canna derived. They have a limited supply. I bought The last ml of blue dream they had. Bd didnt restock for atleast a couple months..and then they didn't have a lot. The reason I tried Mr. Terps are the reviews. Many ppl compared them to blue river. They are very good. Most complex terps I've had. Deifintly add effect, change/enhance the bho which is nice when your working on an oz. I recommend Mr. Terps quality for sure. They pack in perfume vials tho. Shipping takes 2-3 weeks from Spain. But, their customer service has been good, but a little slow to reply. I ended up asking them to call me...and someone did! Nice guy. Sent me replacements...that said. I have 12 vials to fill a 7ml order. That being said, I still didn't get a full 7ml. Close, but not 7ml. Every vial had diff amount every time. Replacement vials of same strains had same amount tho.lol My 1st order was 1ml bd. Came in 2 .5ml vials for $60. 2nd order was 1 ml each of gsc, Cali red ak, tangie and snerval og. On sale, 20% off and the let me us the 10% 1st time order code I missed on my 1st order, so 30% off. That's when the shorting came. But, after talking to them on phone, and being sent a 50% off flash sale code I ordered zkittles and strain 8. They sent the replacement terps with 3rd order. Every strain is definitely diff. Strain 8 is the only strain I prolly wouldn't want again. Very lemony, not as complex. Zkittles is fire, and that vial was almost full! A legit ml! So, their ya go! Quality: Yes, 100%, customer service is good too. They do run sales, 20% usually. Tahoe terps has a sample pack on their site. Dosent say what it is, but I emailed and can use it. $120 for 4 .5ml of your choice. Just add message of strains you want. I think emerald bay extracts is Tahoe terp co. or definitely affiliated. Both in Lake Tahoe and have same terps. http://www.emeraldbayextracts.com/shop

Last edited:
TomBstoned,

grampa_herb

Still waiting on my Drizzle, but I got my first box mod yesterday, a Vaporesso Tarot Nano and I really like it.

I had been using a Veco starter kit for the last 6 months, which was a major improvement over the Itsuwa V9's, but indica in it is quite harsh for me. I learned that the Veco starter kit tanks can be used on a mod if you have the 520 connection. Using the mod in TC mode I am able to get just as high without the harshness, and the taste!

Now that I have a mod, my previous pens all seem so primitive.

subΩ is just not needed for concentrates.

I've come to this conclusion myself. Wish I had known earlier. Hard to do research when most of the info is geared towards tobacco.

grampa_herb,
Reactions: florduh

TomBstoned

Still waiting on my Drizzle, but I got my first box mod yesterday, a Vaporesso Tarot Nano and I really like it.

I had been using a Veco starter kit for the last 6 months, which was a major improvement over the Itsuwa V9's, but indica in it is quite harsh for me. I learned that the Veco starter kit tanks can be used on a mod if you have the 520 connection. Using the mod in TC mode I am able to get just as high without the harshness, and the taste!

I've come to this conclusion myself. Wish I had known earlier. Hard to do research when most of the info is geared towards tobacco.
Wow. I kinda assumed you already had a mod. I bet your in heaven! I've been using dna powered devices for a couple years now and have several other variable voltage/wattage devices for years. SubΩ isn't needed, especially in a cartridge or tank for canna concentrates. Idk why they insisted on subΩ in the bubbleman tank and trinity. I made that suggestion/request to G along time ago. He didnt wanna hear it at all! He's kind of a dick If you ever disagree with him.

grampa_herb

Wow. I kinda assumed you already had a mod. I bet your in heaven! I've been using dna powered devices for a couple years now and have several other variable voltage/wattage devices for years. SubΩ isn't needed, especially in a cartridge or tank for canna concentrates. Idk why they insisted on subΩ in the bubbleman tank and trinity. I made that suggestion/request to G along time ago. He didnt wanna hear it at all! He's kind of a dick If you ever disagree with him.

I avoided mods cuz I thought they were meant for sub-ohm, but I am working on my ignorance. I've had VV pens for a few years, but when I moved off the V9's to the Veco I only had the battery that came with the kit, and it has only FULL BLAST mode. It's like a factory chimney, puts out probably 10 times as much vapor as the V9. I was starting to think it was overkill, then found this thread about the Drizzle and your idea about sub-ohm and distillate.

grampa_herb,

TomBstoned

Ya, almost all threads are 510. Uptech made their own threads, 601 I think. Otherwise theres 510 ego, and 510 mod threads.You'll love the drizzle. Idk if
I avoided mods cuz I thought they were meant for sub-ohm, but I am working on my ignorance. I've had VV pens for a few years, but when I moved off the V9's to the Veco I only had the battery that came with the kit, and it has only FULL BLAST mode. It's like a factory chimney, puts out probably 10 times as much vapor as the V9. I was starting to think it was overkill, then found this thread about the Drizzle and your idea about sub-ohm and distillate.
Lol. I bought a veco because of the thread others, and I think you were talking about it in. I fill and I knew it wasnt what I was looking for. Now I have a once used veco and a new pack of coils. Immediately found the drizzle and...Ya! That's what I wanted. I'm sure you'll like the drizzle. If not, I'll buy it from ya. Vape on my friend!

TomBstoned

I think LayKool is using the drizzle tank on the tarot nano. I bet he can school ya on any tips or tricks with that combo. I remember him speaking of setting a temp curve for it, but it just jams for me in vv/vw mode on my lil eleaf 20w.

TomBstoned,

grampa_herb

Lol. I bought a veco because of the thread others, and I think you were talking about it in. I fill and I knew it wasnt what I was looking for.

The Veco sets the bar for me now. I can handle sativa in it just fine, but indica is on the harsh side. moving from V9's to the Veco I went from 2 grams a month to almost 6. Much of it is just probably mindless habitual sucking on it cuz its so much fun, but I'm curious how much more efficient my new setup will be. But, with so many variables, its hard to know for sure what affects what. :science:

grampa_herb,

TomBstoned

The Veco sets the bar for me now. I can handle sativa in it just fine, but indica is on the harsh side. moving from V9's to the Veco I went from 2 grams a month to almost 6. Much of it is just probably mindless habitual sucking on it cuz its so much fun, but I'm curious how much more efficient my new setup will be. But, with so many variables, its hard to know for sure what affects what. :science:
Umm. I go thru way more. I never really kept track. I'll mix up around .7g-.8gram bho with a bit of trees x flavorless, then add canna derived terps. Then empty it in 2-3days. If I was dabbing the same, it would last much longer, but the drizzle is just so easy! And what I mix tastes so good! Better than just dabbing. And, I've never taken a dab in the middle of the night when going pee. But, I sure have hit the drizzle...right back to sleep!!:zzz: And you can almost empty the drizzle before refill. So, your prolly looking at 5.5-6g a month!:doh:

TomBstoned,

grampa_herb

Umm. I go thru way more. I never really kept track. I'll mix up around .7g-.8gram bho with a bit of trees x flavorless, then add canna derived terps. Then empty it in 2-3days. If I was dabbing the same, it would last much longer, but the drizzle is just so easy! And what I mix tastes so good! Better than just dabbing. And, I've never taken a dab in the middle of the night when going pee. But, I sure have hit the drizzle...right back to sleep!!:zzz: And you can almost empty the drizzle before refill. So, your prolly looking at 5.5-6g a month!:doh:

I started tracking when I got the Veco because at some point I want to deal with my tolerance issues. Yep, nothing like waking in the night and getting an easy quick hit. :)

This is the stuff I get here in Denver.

GgEN4PN.jpg

grampa_herb,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom