**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

LesPlenty

Company Rep
PS: I've been there at b2cvape but it seemed they just sell e-cig and -liquid stuff.
I have a couple B2cvape ballers and can recommend this as my favourite,
But if you are in the US the Cloud Connoisseur would be the best/cheapest option.

martinstraka8282

Anyone happen to know the size of the zipper case sold with those AliExpress Pid packs? I'd like to buy one but already have the pid, coil, etc.

martinstraka8282,

Varden

Anyone happen to know the size of the zipper case sold with those AliExpress Pid packs? I'd like to buy one but already have the pid, coil, etc.
It is quite generous, as in it can fit the PID controller and cable, the coil, the head, glass bowl, a j-hook and the small stand I posted a few weeks ago. The only issue is that it is not very strong, it bends relatively easy. But it is OK for coming for free with the pack, just does not protect a lot. If you are buying it by itself, unless you get it very cheap, there are better options out there.

EDIT: Lol, on the second reading, I just realized you are asking for the actual measurements, not for a report on how all fits. I'm going to leave my first comment up for comedic effect. The measures are 22x14x7 (cm). You can get away with something smaller but not much.

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

It is quite generous, as in it can fit the PID controller and cable, the coil, the head, glass bowl, a j-hook and the small stand I posted a few weeks ago. The only issue is that it is not very strong, it bends relatively easy. But it is OK for coming for free with the pack, just does not protect a lot. If you are buying it by itself, unless you get it very cheap, there are better options out there.

EDIT: Lol, on the second reading, I just realized you are asking for the actual measurements, not for a report on how all fits. I'm going to leave my first comment up for comedic effect. The measures are 22x14x7 (cm). You can get away with something smaller but not much.
Lol, well I actually appreciate the extent of your post because it does give me some hesitation. It presents nicely in the pictures, but had some concerns it wouldn't be great quality. Maybe I'll keep thinking on it, but do appreciate the measurements and feedback!

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: Varden

mixchu69

Does anyone have the link to Aliexpress PID combo with coil and controller?

Looking for the next Omega release and need another PID.

mixchu69,
Reactions: LesPlenty

martinstraka8282

I'm curious if anyone can offer an opinion on the difficulty of accessing and re-wiring a PID coil plug output? Any good videos to recommend to get an idea of what I'd face after opening it up?

I bought a High 5 ball vape and want to be able to use it with other coils for a second hybrid injector type setup, but I did grab a spare High 5 coil and want to be able to still use theirs with it too. They've stopped selling a Universal Coil Adapter.

I bought the Universal Coil Adapter from JCVAP I thought would work out of the box for other branded coils, but turns out it's for the Qaromashop PID's and the T- and T+ are swapped from the High 5 connection. I did get the proper Universal Coil Adapter going the other way to use my High 5 coils with Auber, etc. connections.

I have some very light soldering experience and have a kit available, so I'm gonna try my hand at altering something.

I can Re-wire the male end of the first Universal Coil Adapter only to swap the T-/T+ and just use that as intended with any Auber, etc. gear I may buy. It seems like the simplest route and it also keeps the warranty on the High 5 stuff in tact with less risk should I mess it up.

Or, I can Re-wire the PID output itself to the standard Auber, etc. layout and put it to bed permanently. Part of me feels like if I'm going as far as re-soldering, I should go this route. I would also need to either re-wire my first Universal Coil Adapter to work with my High 5 coils, re-wire the coils themselves, or just use the 2nd adapter that allows you to use High 5 coils on Auber, etc. connections in an ironically backwards fashion.

martinstraka8282,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I can Re-wire
Yes, I have altered a Chinese PID and coil to suit my existing Auber gear to keep everything interchangeable (so I do not accidentally mix and burn something out). I only spliced then heat-shrunk the coil wires without soldering (I thought it may muck up the temp signal) before I found they use a K type thermocouple and solder would not have hurt.
edit to add video,

Last edited:

martinstraka8282

Yes, I have altered a Chinese PID and coil to suit my existing Auber gear to keep everything interchangeable (so I do not accidentally mix and burn something out). I only spliced then heat-shrunk the coil wires without soldering (I thought it may muck up the temp signal) before I found they use a K type thermocouple and solder would not have hurt.
That's my other thinking here. The potential of getting crossed up and burning something out.

Ya I was thinking solder cuz that's what I saw when I took the head off the Universal Coil Adapter this morning before I rushed out to work, so to even get them off their contacts, I'd need to heat the existing solder, but I don't know what lies within the PID itself.

So you spliced within the PID itself? Do you mean you left the contacts attached to the XLR output contacts and just cut and re-connected wires as applicable?

Edit: I went ahead and opened up the PID tonight and I think your method is the ticket either way. Less chance of me messing up the soldering and super simple. It's a very clean box with all connections heat shrinked nicely where connected to the XLR output, so I'd rather not mess around with that.

Last edited:
martinstraka8282,

Hippie

It's probaby got an XMT-7200 module inside which has screws you can undo, move the wires around and screw down again
I've not had to swap any wires around but I did replace a module in one of my controllers which was all easy stuff if you're methodical and make a note of where the wires were.
I'd open up the case and have a look as it may have spade connectors you can switch around on the socket too.

It's probaby got an XMT-7200 module inside which has screws you can undo, move the wires around and screw down again
I've not had to swap any wires around but I did replace a module in one of my controllers which was all easy stuff if you're methodical and make a note of where the wires were.
I'd open up the case and have a look as it may have spade connectors you can switch around on the socket too.
Thanks @Hippie

Easy to wire up, (basic electrical knowledge required) Simple unit, good pricing.
Looks like a good back up unit, as presently only one in the house.
Another plus, in that I am shopping for another BV, there are those who piece the units out.

martinstraka8282

I'll have to open it up again to be sure (was too busy using it last night!), but what I saw was 2 circuit boards and a wiring harness that connects to the rear panels power and XLR plugs. High 5 must use some other design than that module. The front is just one big flat face with different style buttons as well that they've had custom made with their logo on one of the buttons.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Phase 3 ZXLs are excellent and available individually and whole kits at the presale prices. Cheers!
IMG-6916.jpg

Bong Witch

I live in the Netherlands where ball vapes aren't a big thing. I just happen to live in the vincinity of a coffeeshop (a place that sells weed and in this case also has a smoke/vape room) where customers can use a couple of different vaporizers free of charge. The only ball vape they have is the Flowerpot B2 and I absolutely love that thing! As it's the only ball vape I'm familiar with I can only compare it to other sorts of vapes (like the Storz & Bickel Volcano and the handheld Pax3) but not to other ball vapes. I've heard that the Vapvana Screwball hits even harder than the Flowerpot. Oh how I'd love to try out various ball vapes before deciding on which one to buy....

Bong Witch,

coolbreeze

I live in the Netherlands where ball vapes aren't a big thing. I just happen to live in the vincinity of a coffeeshop (a place that sells weed and in this case also has a smoke/vape room) where customers can use a couple of different vaporizers free of charge. The only ball vape they have is the Flowerpot B2 and I absolutely love that thing! As it's the only ball vape I'm familiar with I can only compare it to other sorts of vapes (like the Storz & Bickel Volcano and the handheld Pax3) but not to other ball vapes. I've heard that the Vapvana Screwball hits even harder than the Flowerpot. Oh how I'd love to try out various ball vapes before deciding on which one to buy....
To be honest, you will probably be satisfied with any of the esteemed ball vapes, with some crucial factors being dose/bowl capacity, relative restriction, and material. Compare prices among those that will ship to you. If the Screwball fits your criteria, I can assure you that it is powerful indeed, though I'm not how much any power advantage will be noticeable compared to a B2.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
To be honest, you will probably be satisfied with any of the esteemed ball vapes, with some crucial factors being dose/bowl capacity, relative restriction, and material. Compare prices among those that will ship to you. If the Screwball fits your criteria, I can assure you that it is powerful indeed, though I'm not how much any power advantage will be noticeable compared to a B2.
what he said; I like different vapes for the differences like; I love the Screwball, it has a slight draw resistance provided by the unique gems and it hold temp impressively and hits hard. The bowl is a light and thin and heats up and cools down quickly, its probably my favourite part of the screwball kit and is the best bowl I have used. I also really enjoy the Taroma 360 which is another heavy hitter, it was my daily for a long time before I got the Screwball, i have been using it a lot recently and its a heavy vape that hits the lungs hard, its interesting as the screwball isn't as hard on the lungs.

But "hits harder" not as such, hits a bit differently is probably more accurate

Bong Witch

Thanks for your suggestions @coolbreeze and @VapingYogi . I've been looking at several brands online. It seems like the Flowerpot B2 still is the only one with a dedicated dab dish, although letting rosin drizzle through the balls in the vape is also supposed to work, from what I've understood from other people. Taroma is made by Malaysian hardware shop Qaroma. I hadn't heard of this brand before . As anything cannabis can get you sentenced to death in Malaysia, I guess that's why they call their products "aroma therapy devices". Even their most expensive set is somewhere around €450,- euros. This brand seems to offer a lot of bang for buck. The Screwball still seems to be a pretty good deal pricewise. Most brands seem to have an exposed coil; the Flowerpot B2 seems to be pretty unique in having an entirely concealed coil. Cloud Connoisseur uses stainless steel instead of titanium. As titanium handles temperature fluctuations better, I'd say that a titanium product would be better in this case.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
As titanium handles temperature fluctuations better, I'd say that a titanium product would be better in this case.
I have a few coil-driven ball vapes and I like the 5 Stainless Steel ones best and the two titanium ones the least. The zirconia housings I put right in the middle. I think that titanium is a pretty poor material for ball vapes. It tends to transfer heat into the rubies easily but it also lets heat escape more quickly.

Smokeythebeatle

I have a few coil-driven ball vapes and I like the 5 Stainless Steel ones best and the two titanium ones the least. The zirconia housings I put right in the middle. I think that titanium is a pretty poor material for ball vapes. It tends to transfer heat into the rubies easily but it also lets heat escape more quickly.
How's the difference in taste?

Smokeythebeatle,
Reactions: Bong Witch

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How's the difference in taste?
I find the difference in flavor in ball vape housings to be overblown. Ball vapes in general are not the most flavorful in my collection. The largest difference in flavor, that I have experienced (between different ball vapes) is those that can produce good vapor at lower bowl temperatures, and can finish a bowl completely in fewer hits.

That being said, I can detect a more "metallic twang' with titanium. Stainless steel and ceramic seem pretty neutral to me.

In this case I'm only talking about the enail-driven vapes. If we are adding in ball vapes like the Halo or 18mm killer, that changes things a bit.

Top Bottom