**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

martinstraka8282

Well, Merry Christmas to me. After reading as much of this thread as I could and looking at all the various options, I went for the High Five bundle with the Titanium Herb diffuser, an extra 20mm coil, the universal adapter & a screen pack. Under $300 cdn shipped to the Yukon, with about $45 of that the shipping. At full price, I would have gone with other options, but 50% on all their stock is a pretty deep sale. The Omega caught my eye as did the Screwball, but the Screwball is unavailable atm and quite a bit more. The Omega I almost ordered, but there is a 3-5 month wait and they have really limited images on their site. I'll be sure to report back, but I've never tried a ball vape to compare it to, so not sure how useful that'll be lol.

As a Canadian, I had a real hard time finding any for sale shipped within Canada. I would have thought I'd find more re-sellers. A couple overpriced, out of stock, or ancient options was all I could really find, so additional shipping costs is a bit of a bummer that I can usually avoid. Oh well.

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Well, Merry Christmas to me. After reading as much of this thread as I could and looking at all the various options, I went for the High Five bundle with the Titanium Herb diffuser, an extra 20mm coil, the universal adapter & a screen pack. Under $300 cdn shipped to the Yukon, with about $45 of that the shipping. At full price, I would have gone with other options, but 50% on all their stock is a pretty deep sale. The Omega caught my eye as did the Screwball, but the Screwball is unavailable atm and quite a bit more. The Omega I almost ordered, but there is a 3-5 month wait and they have really limited images on their site. I'll be sure to report back, but I've never tried a ball vape to compare it to, so not sure how useful that'll be lol.

As a Canadian, I had a real hard time finding any for sale shipped within Canada. I would have thought I'd find more re-sellers. A couple overpriced, out of stock, or ancient options was all I could really find, so additional shipping costs is a bit of a bummer that I can usually avoid. Oh well.
Nice I was just going to say with the year rolling out its looking like the year of ball vapes . As I scroll through the sights I see a lot of options for under 200 us . For a lite kit if you already have a pid controller plenty of upgrade options as well as a few new and odd ones I mean they are just different some don't even use balls

martinstraka8282

Nice I was just going to say with the year rolling out its looking like the year of ball vapes . As I scroll through the sights I see a lot of options for under 200 us . For a lite kit if you already have a pid controller plenty of upgrade options as well as a few new and odd ones I mean they are just different some don't even use balls
So. Many. Options.

If anything, for someone like me that was completely ignorant to ball vapes, this buying process has served as an education process to actually understand all the different components and how they all fit in. At least now I feel like I understand it lol.

rizlafreak

two dog star
graveda ball vape 200€ looks interesting and the price seems ok. newer generation of the power supply. probably would rather tend to go for taroma lite plus for around 300€?

Last edited:
rizlafreak,
Reactions: LesPlenty

rizlafreak

two dog star
In the youtube comments it got some nice feedback. I think Iam going to order in the next days.

rizlafreak,

martinstraka8282

What significance do the size of balls have?

The High Five Herb Diffuser I ordered comes with 6mm Opals and I see that 3mm and 4mm ruby pearls seem to be more common.

martinstraka8282,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
They have an impact on draw resistance and heat exchanger efficiency. The larger the balls, the more open the restriction, but the less efficient the heat exchanger is. This basically means you need to run the PID hotter for the same setup with smaller balls.

6MM opals is an unusual choice, natural opals are sensitive to heat, and synthetic opals are pretty expensive! I wonder what they are using and why they came to that conclusion!

martinstraka8282

They have an impact on draw resistance and heat exchanger efficiency. The larger the balls, the more open the restriction, but the less efficient the heat exchanger is. This basically means you need to run the PID hotter for the same setup with smaller balls.

6MM opals is an unusual choice, natural opals are sensitive to heat, and synthetic opals are pretty expensive! I wonder what they are using and why they came to that conclusion!
Thanks. Now I remember reading what you describe at one point or another.

It does seem to buck the trend of the other ball vapes I looked in to. And they don't specify whether they're natural or Synthetic, so who knows there. I figured I can always swap them out, and had thought I should get it in hand and try it out first, but ruby pearls are pretty cheap on DHGate, so I might as well order a set of 3mm or 4mm ruby pearls.

coolbreeze

These Jaxel ashtrays might make a nice ballvape or wireless heat stand:
Cafe1.png
CrownJewels1.png

Varden

These Jaxel ashtrays might make a nice ballvape or wireless heat stand:
Cafe1.png
CrownJewels1.png
These two could work well for a cordless setup, because they have the "handle" on the side, so you can attach the coil at two points so it stays stable. Plus they look good.

rizlafreak

two dog star
Now i'm just worried about the balls in the graveda vape, I heard that quartz balls are bad because friction causes dust. and I fear they are quartz...
Will ak the graveda staff about, and however I could replace them soon with rubies. where do you buy them at a good price?
directly on aliexpress? :ko:

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

rizlafreak

two dog star
I'm from europe (i should have mentioned), but thats really a good deal it seems. thanks!

So, quartz glass is ok you say. then I will upgrade later and enjoy the difference more consciously.
and it really doesn't cause dangerous dust that when inhaled is harmful to the lungs? I heard (red a notice on a yt-comment) about that...
when the quartz balls vibrate or rub each other they would produce glass dust. who knows?!

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
when the quartz balls vibrate or rub each other they would produce glass dust. who knows?!

Quartz dust?

Quartz is #7 on the MoH scale, can scratch glass. So I’ll assume if the quartz balls are constantly contacting and rubbing against each other, then it’s a “possibility”.

But, in a stem, or other container, HOW LOOSE are these quartz balls, and are they constantly being shaken against each other?

If the balls aren’t being mechanically agitated “shaken”, then personally I am not concerned about “dust”.

2pumpchump

I'm from europe (i should have mentioned), but thats really a good deal it seems. thanks!
That might change some things shipping costs etc .. I need to get better on interested search .

So, quartz glass is ok you say. then I will upgrade later and enjoy the difference more consciously.
and it really doesn't cause dangerous dust that when inhaled is harmful to the lungs? I heard (red a notice on a yt-comment) about that...
in life I have learned anything is possible. BUT IS HIGLEY UNLIKELY! That's why I won't deal with redid on my vape topic .I hate looking up any thing on their to much smack talk and false information THE UNEDITED TRUTH might be their somwear !

rizlafreak

two dog star
Now I'm a bit confused about the price politics?
If I am correct, when I order the e-nail set for 95€ and the ball-vape upgrade for 120€, I get an e-nail and a ballvape for almost the same price; 200 vs 215€. Lol... quite a deal!? since i still haven't an e-nail too, this probably would be a great start into such coil devices...

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

olivianewtonjohn

Dab ready+terp handle+command station (dock) vs NV Nova; both are about $730

vs

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: rizlafreak

rizlafreak

two dog star
I got a reply from graveda, by yt-comment if someone knows how it compares to the established ball vapes like taroma lite plus.
he replied: 'In the end, 1:1 the same except for the controller. Controller is our own development and therefore significantly cheaper. The rest are finished parts that are assembled by us. If you are not satisfied, we have a 30-day return policy. So far nobody has made use of this.'

Interesting...

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

Radwin Bodnic

Now i'm just worried about the balls in the graveda vape, I heard that quartz balls are bad because friction causes dust. and I fear they are quartz...
Will ak the graveda staff about, and however I could replace them soon with rubies. where do you buy them at a good price?
directly on aliexpress? :ko:
Why are you worried about quartz dust but not about rubies dust ?
As @RustyOldNail said quartz is 7/10 on Mohs scale. Corundum (ruby, sapphire) is even harder : 9/10.
This is why some luxury watchglass are sapphire : a grain of sand made of quartz won't scratch it.

I didn't noticed any wear on my EMK (all quartz : balls and head) yet but I think it could happen over time.
I do think that the same could happen with rubies.

Titanium however is 6/10 on Mohs scale. So ruby balls will be more abrasive to the housing than quartz balls.

All in all I think that balls aren't the most aggressive shape and will cause less abrasion than, let's say, gem cut rubies.

Top Bottom