**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

rizlafreak

two dog star
I studied mineralogie and such stuff for a semester. I just can say it's quite a complex field and a lot of possibilites. I didn't want to dig deeper into... (haha)
It's just based on a youtube comment, not more. Also bangers with terp. balls are made of quartz and there should considerably
be produced more dust...
So I think it's not a problem. only there is a possibility. Just someone else did, and I wanted to know if there might be something special about quartz glass on this, if there is a rumour etc. etc.
thanks for your thoughts! :) I will op. the graveda or the taroma lite plus. still not sure. (the support of) graveda is located in my country, that's a big plus. I'm awaiting answer from graveda if the e-nail on stock and upgrade ball vape really are compliant.

Last edited:

rizlafreak

two dog star
reply from graveda: e-nail and ball vape they are offering are absolutely compliant, as expected... that's ~215€ for ballvape and e-nail with quartz banger. As total beginner to coil conduction, this should do it for me.

edit. but I might consider an 'endgame' vape as they advertise it. Life isn't cheap, why be greedy with yourself, hehe - I'll just wait a little and get the real deal. Will just go and get the taroma OG with rubies. this should last me the next years.
why: the reviews I saw on the graveda e-nail led me to just invest in pricey but quality. I just want one ballvape, not 3 and finally start collecting them... ;)
e-nail would be nice, but I'm fine with the torch.

At least i could provide some info about the graveda, might still be an interesting option.
Hopefully such a ballvape/e-nail controller lasts for some years of daily use.

Last edited:

Liwanra

Does anyone else clean their screens by blasting the temp up on their pid to 700 and up and clear the residue by inhaling?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone tried one of the D-Nail kilns with a ball vape yet?
20231129_10352921__75399.1701312621.jpg

Vasgas

I got a reply from graveda, by yt-comment if someone knows how it compares to the established ball vapes like taroma lite plus.
he replied: 'In the end, 1:1 the same except for the controller. Controller is our own development and therefore significantly cheaper. The rest are finished parts that are assembled by us.
How is it 1:1 with the taroma lite plus? My TLP fits around 320 x 3mm rubies and uses a 150w pre stretched coil. I'm at only 510F for a dark roast which i like. I have not tried or seen another exposed coil injector baller head with the above stats

Looking at the graveda design, it looks more like the old taroma lite og that was discontinued by qaromashop. They aren't the same as the TLP I can assure you. I've got both and the Plus is definitely many steps above the OG

rizlafreak

two dog star
Thank you for the reply. It's just the statement from graveda... Not that I knew how it is 1:1 the same. Won't buy the Graveda anyway.
My new fav. would be the taroma 360 full set with rubies, would not cost much more in that particular shop like the lite plus with rubies.
Lee from tabletob bongs made drag races, and the taroma 360 is one of the most potent as it seems. two other dudes tested it against the lite plus and were more satisfied with the lite plus.

Btw. If I would buy taroma 360 (it comes with a 150W coil) could I just get an e-nail with 150W (this one), in case change the pin layout and use it with taroma (360) pid? Don't want to buy more overpriced electronic as possible, and I strive for minimalism with my vaping equipment,
as it escalated quickly with other stuff in the past sometimes... ;)

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

martinstraka8282

I just got my High Five Herb nail yesterday and had to replace the 6mm Opals they included with 3mm rubies because of their poor choice of pearls and the shattering issue.

I didn't order enough rubies though and had to order a 2nd set of 100 that won't be here until next week. I'd say it's only about 2/3's full of rubies.

This is my first go with a ball vape so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but should I just plan on using it when the 2nd set of rubies arrive to fill it, or can these still function well when not packed completely full?

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: 2pumpchump

coolbreeze

I just got my High Five Herb nail yesterday and had to replace the 6mm Opals they included with 3mm rubies because of their poor choice of pearls and the shattering issue.

I didn't order enough rubies though and had to order a 2nd set of 100 that won't be here until next week. I'd say it's only about 2/3's full of rubies.

This is my first go with a ball vape so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but should I just plan on using it when the 2nd set of rubies arrive to fill it, or can these still function well when not packed completely full?
It should, I'd think, but only about 2/3 as well ; ) Seriously, I wouldn't expect top performance, you might have to turn up a bit and you may even drain the heat before the end of a long hit, but it should work. It will also have a bit less restriction so it will not be a completely reliable indicator of your end performance with it filled.

2pumpchump

It should, I'd think, but only about 2/3 as well ; ) Seriously, I wouldn't expect top performance, you might have to turn up a bit and you may even drain the heat before the end of a long hit, but it should work. It will also have a bit less restriction so it will not be a completely reliable indicator of your end performance with it filled.
Was just reading and saw a new post could not have said it better !! But will say it more simple lol 😂 ... it will work just Don't work right

martinstraka8282

Well, I would say you're probably about right! It worked pretty well tonight and I got some big bong hits. It seems to hold its heat decently from hit to hit. I had better results than last night with the 6mm opals it came with, but I did also let it heat soak longer tonight. There's so little restriction with convection vapes that any more should be fine for my tastes.

coolbreeze

Well, I would say you're probably about right! It worked pretty well tonight and I got some big bong hits. It seems to hold its heat decently from hit to hit. I had better results than last night with the 6mm opals it came with, but I did also let it heat soak longer tonight. There's so little restriction with convection vapes that any more should be fine for my tastes.
It aught to be really nice then when it's filled. Cool you can use it in the meantime!

martinstraka8282

It aught to be really nice then when it's filled. Cool you can use it in the meantime!
Yes, definitely! I wasn't going to be stoked if I had to set it aside until the other set of rubies gets here next week. Things move a little slower up to the Yukon, unfortunately.

I think just getting more used to what I'm doing with a ball vape too. There's so many out there it can be hard to find a one size fits all guide. The heat soak seemed to really ramp up the performance, and while my temps were high in the 600 range, I didn't feel like it was too hot or too harsh, and temps like that seem to be pretty commonly used for the convection ones.

martinstraka8282,
Reactions: 2pumpchump

fraktal

Thank you for the reply. It's just the statement from graveda... Not that I knew how it is 1:1 the same. Won't buy the Graveda anyway.
My new fav. would be the taroma 360 full set with rubies, would not cost much more in that particular shop like the lite plus with rubies.
Lee from tabletob bongs made drag races, and the taroma 360 is one of the most potent as it seems. two other dudes tested it against the lite plus and were more satisfied with the lite plus.

Btw. If I would buy taroma 360 (it comes with a 150W coil) could I just get an e-nail with 150W (this one), in case change the pin layout and use it with taroma (360) pid? Don't want to buy more overpriced electronic as possible, and I strive for minimalism with my vaping equipment,
as it escalated quickly with other stuff in the past sometimes... ;)
You can't use this coil for the T360, you need the same coil that is in the kit, you can buy it on aliexpress to B2Cvapstore for 33 Euro.

coolbreeze

Yes, definitely! I wasn't going to be stoked if I had to set it aside until the other set of rubies gets here next week. Things move a little slower up to the Yukon, unfortunately.
Wow, I can imagine!
I think just getting more used to what I'm doing with a ball vape too. There's so many out there it can be hard to find a one size fits all guide. The heat soak seemed to really ramp up the performance, and while my temps were high in the 600 range, I didn't feel like it was too hot or too harsh, and temps like that seem to be pretty commonly used for the convection ones.
Yeah, the heat soak is essential, and even after it's hot enough to work well, it'll still get better for awhile. Most of mine run really well below 500F but some out there do seem to require higher temps into the 600s. You'll probably be able to bring the temp down some when it's filled.

martinstraka8282

Wow, I can imagine!

Yeah, the heat soak is essential, and even after it's hot enough to work well, it'll still get better for awhile. Most of mine run really well below 500F but some out there do seem to require higher temps into the 600s. You'll probably be able to bring the temp down some when it's filled.
I know there's a lot of variables between brands and what not, but for your heat soak, how long would you typically leave it once the coil reaches temp?

I'm typically more of a high temp user on other vapes. I run most of them around 420-430F.

rizlafreak

two dog star
You can't use this coil for the T360, you need the same coil that is in the kit, you can buy it on aliexpress to B2Cvapstore for 33 Euro.
Could you give me a link maybe? i'm not used to aliexpress (never ordered there) and i red their search function was bad... couldn't find it within 5 minutes. :ninja:
thx so far.

rizlafreak,
Reactions: LesPlenty

coolbreeze

I know there's a lot of variables between brands and what not, but for your heat soak, how long would you typically leave it once the coil reaches temp?

I'm typically more of a high temp user on other vapes. I run most of them around 420-430F.
For the metal heads I usually let it heat 15 mins or so, with even better performance after 30 mins. The ceramic ones heat faster, the small ceramic ones are pretty good to go in like 5 mins with top performance after 15, maybe. The Zi Zeal might take a few more mins because of the bigger reservoir.

There will be a lot of variation, even among your own water pipes, bowls, etc. But as long as you keep in the mfr's safety limit, you should be good.

martinstraka8282

For the metal heads I usually let it heat 15 mins or so, with even better performance after 30 mins. The ceramic ones heat faster, the small ceramic ones are pretty good to go in like 5 mins with top performance after 15, maybe. The Zi Zeal might take a few more mins because of the bigger reservoir.

There will be a lot of variation, even among your own water pipes, bowls, etc. But as long as you keep in the mfr's safety limit, you should be good.
Thanks. That is good info. I can definitely see why these are so revered. They hit like a truck!

rizlafreak

two dog star
Thanks hippie! It looks like i could safe a lot of money buying the whole vape (or a similar) from there...
is the taroma 360 respectively lite plus worth it's money or could the same parts be bought tpogether on aliexpress or similar much cheaper?

PS: I've been there at b2cvape but it seemed they just sell e-cig and -liquid stuff.

rizlafreak,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Hippie

I've not tried their Tiodw plus but I do have a Taroma 360 and can say it produces the thickest vapour compared with my Taroma lite plus or Tiodw mini 2 with either a stretched standard 20mm coil or the slightly taller coil but I use them more as they're tastier in my opinion.

Texus

Has anyone tried one of the D-Nail kilns with a ball vape yet?
20231129_10352921__75399.1701312621.jpg

Mine should ship with the next batch and will give it a go. But the heat spreading from the kiln as opposed to a coil may be a concern. I could imagine it working better with glass since glass doesn't spread the heat the way metal does.

Top Bottom