**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 47 18.9%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 70 28.1%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

RedZep

In glad there is this talk of low temp ball vapes. I'm eyeing one for a future purchase for low temps. I've narrowed it down to Couchlog 14mm, ZX, Screwball.

Any thoughts on which of these are the best low temp vape?. I figured Screwball would be good for low temps due to large shallow bowl (half bowl) close to the heater. Also the extra mass in the gems will help sustain a low temp blast.

I'm thinking more about extraction than taste. Which ever is best at full extraction (or close to it) at low temps. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
@VapingYogi those heat sinks are gorgeous!

@RedZep the zirconia housing on the ZX or ZXL really lets them sing at low temps. I don’t have a Screwball, but I have plenty of ruby filled titanium heads (and glass, and ceramic, and steel); nothing I’ve found vapes and extracts as well at low temp as a ZX. The only difference for Screwball is the gem cut of the rubies, I’ve no doubt it has an impact, I just don’t know how big that impact is.

Bottom line I think of the three you’d be happy with either ZX or Screwball.

TedJones

I think of the three you’d be happy with either ZX or Screwball.
Agree. I did do the low temp run on the SB with dry hammer as posted over there.
Sounds good :p and nice inquiry @RedZep . Going to try and see how many pulls I can manage with half bowl on this dry setup later :goon: Maybe at twenty degrees lower than norm ..
Worked really well! Got 4 nice flavor pulls with a cleanup one. Turned the PID down by 5 after 2nd pull to keep it from getting too warm.

Both work well at low temps! Load size & bowl/heater material might sway you one way or the other.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
In glad there is this talk of low temp ball vapes. I'm eyeing one for a future purchase for low temps. I've narrowed it down to Couchlog 14mm, ZX, Screwball.

Any thoughts on which of these are the best low temp vape?. I figured Screwball would be good for low temps due to large shallow bowl (half bowl) close to the heater. Also the extra mass in the gems will help sustain a low temp blast.

I'm thinking more about extraction than taste. Which ever is best at full extraction (or close to it) at low temps. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I agree with others that the ZX will give you the easiest and best extraction at lower temperatures. I find the CouchLog the most pleasant for me of all of those three, but it can definitely be overwhelmed by a hard rip. I think it requires more technique than a typical ball vape. I don't know if this applies to the new CouchLog XL.

The screwball, for me is less able to fully extract at low temperatures. The half bowl setting in the new Vapvana bowl helps, but it still doesn't extract as efficiently or evenly as the other two, especially at lower settings on the controller.

You didn't mention why you are interested in lower temperatures. That to me is more important than the temperature reported by the controller or dial. If it's not flavor, I'd be curious to hear what you are after. It's possible a ball vape is not what you are looking for.

Last edited:

RedZep

I agree with others that the ZX will give you the easiest and best extraction at lower temperatures. I find the CouchLog the most pleasant for me if all of those three, but it can definitely be overwhelmed by a hard rip. I think it requires more technique than a typical ball vape. I don't know if this applies to the new CouchLog XL.

The screwball, for me is less able to fully extract at low temperatures. The half bowl setting in the new Vapvana bowl helps, but it still doesn't extract as efficiently or evenly as the other two, especially at lower settings on the controller.

You didn't mention why you are interested in lower temperatures. That to me is more important than the temperature reported by the controller or dial. If it's not flavor, I'd be curious to hear what you are after. It's possible a ball vape is not what you are looking for.
Great stuff. Thanks. Most my vaping is done at high temps, these days with Tempest and Brick butane vapes. I like low temps sometimes, and would like something always on, with a decent sized bowl.

TM2 is a great low temp option, but I don't want a battery device. I tend to use more herb when vaping low temps.

Tempest is great for low temps, but I prefer to do one and done hits. Ball vapes seems best option for me for an always on low temp solution. I could be wrong.

coolbreeze

Cloud Connoisseur's Vulcan bowl rocks! Bowl's set to 400F, Armor to 435, Clouds are instant and thick. I'll have to comment on flavor when I can feel my face again...
IMG-7194.jpg

LordOfTheVapes

Cloud Connoisseur's Vulcan bowl rocks! Bowl's set to 400F, Armor to 435, Clouds are instant and thick. I'll have to comment on flavor when I can feel my face again...
Hey @coolbreeze would that vulcan bowl work with a screwball head? @Grass Yes pointed me towards this earlier and it slipped my mind :leaf:
Also, what is that clay sculpture in the background?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Been thinking about adding a SS desktop ball and eyeing the Omega. Wireless would be cool but don’t remember seeing much in that thread about the armored coil vs standard.

I really like my armor coil. It heats it up a bit more quickly and evenly but not wildly so. It's mostly just a little quality of life upgrade. Feels smooth and makes the wireless experience a little more refined and intentional.

But the normal wireless axial coil is great and also works with 20mm bangers, if that interests you.
Chance of a sale next month perhaps? 🤔
I haven't seen a sale for 4/20 or Black Friday from Cloud Connoisseur, but anything is possible.

coolbreeze

Been thinking about adding a SS desktop ball and eyeing the Omega. Wireless would be cool but don’t remember seeing much in that thread about the armored coil vs standard. Chance of a sale next month perhaps? 🤔
I bought the reg coil to tide me over until the Armor landed and I'd recommend either. The Armor's nice because of the fit, the other runs a little hotter; either's great.

Hey @coolbreeze would that vulcan bowl work with a screwball head? @Grass Yes pointed me towards this earlier and it slipped my mind :leaf:
I'll try to remember to try it. just mating them up, it's not clear that they're airtight.

Also, what is that clay sculpture in the background?
The Vapbong! Seriously one of the greatest vapes ever devised. It does have balls (2) and one at least holds and releases heat so we're safely on topic. @Felix Denzler will have them available again soon. Check out then and now.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Are the zx and and the mini aliexpress (I forget the name tidowmini?) injectors the only 14mm ones?

I want a zx exactly but ti or ss
There is the 14mm TiTI, CouchLog, Phase3 ZX and SX, OWW SKO, and my personal favorite right now the CC Omega.

I did not know that b2cvapes made a Tiodw in 14mm. I thought the mini was an 18mm injector.

Last edited:

nicknobody

There is the 14mm TiTI, CouchLog, Phase3 ZX and SX, OWW SX, and my personal favorite right now the CC Omega.

I did not know that b2cvapes made a Tiodw in 14mm. I thought the mini was an 18mm injector.
Thank you I’m not 100% sure on the aliexpress one as I have no interest in it. I was trying to pull from my memory which isn’t the most reliable source.

I know about the sx thanks for the reminder. Wasn’t too appealing when I originally researched it.

I’m going to let my bzero kit go as I’m not choking down 8ths in a sitting these days.

With 420 season around the corner I’m considering switching it out for a new piece of kit rather than just selling

My only experience is a bzero and ss zeal

I mostly sip on logs but it’s nice to have something then can effortlessly destroy a bowl

I’m too scared of hot balls that are NOT secured in a metal housing

Had no idea the omega was 14mm:rolleyes: I’ll have a look. Is it IH compatible?

Edit thanks for the help and sorry I’m so not up to date with ball vapes. Not my style but a valid piece of kit for converting friends and strangers to heating herbs

nicknobody

The nozzles are switchable and it comes with 14mm, 18mm, and 22mm diffuser joints to fit almost any bowl. Not IH compatable but can be used either in a coil, or heated and removed from a coli for wireless roasting. It's an amazing set and an amazing deal.
Camouflet injector in 14mm or an IH compatible verdavap sound like a dream

All these ball vapes and none in the form I think I want. Shame.

nicknobody,
Reactions: LesPlenty

coolbreeze

Camouflet injector in 14mm or an IH compatible verdavap sound like a dream

All these ball vapes and none in the form I think I want. Shame.
The Convector, though, is like the size of a big Dynavap bowl, inductable, torchable, etc. Not 14mm, but the bowl size is roughly comparable and it fits DV stems and WPAs for versatility. Fits the Couch Log and Woodscents. So, not exactly what you're looking for but versatile enough that it might work?

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Baller DBV for instant enlightenment!
IMG-7203.jpg
Noice!

I gotta say... in all this discussion of low temp ball vapes I'm constantly surprised by the baller DBV. Much much respect to the Couchlog but its limitations have already been discussed here.

Below is the setup that's been kicking my ass lately. I've dialed in a low enough temp that I'm getting 5-6 massive tasty hits from about a 0.1g load, usually garnished with some kief/budder/live rosin. I've never tried a "traditional" coil based ball vape using a PID but was very close to pulling the trigger on a ZX.

I've got to say though, the taste on the DBV is ridiculous to me with the all glass path. It's the best low-temp king I've encountered yet and I don't find myself wanting.

nicknobody

What makes you want it heard by induction? I can't see the reason for that one. It's no safer but it will take a lot more energy and time.
I plan to get a forge as soon as it’s available. I have several 4 and 6 amp Milwaukee batteries which are double and triple the capacity it was designed with so a bit of inefficiency for convenience doesn’t shy me away. Maybe it’s too soon to tell if it would even be able to heat something with that much thermal mass? Wishful thinking..

The Convector, though, is like the size of a big Dynavap bowl, inductable, torchable, etc. Not 14mm, but the bowl size is roughly comparable and it fits DV stems and WPAs for versatility. Fits the Couch Log and Woodscents. So, not exactly what you're looking for but versatile enough that it might work?
I have/had so many of that “style” device because they are great but I’m thinking of something to RE fill the heavy hitter category of my kit

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I plan to get a forge as soon as it’s available. I have several 4 and 6 amp Milwaukee batteries which are double and triple the capacity it was designed with so a bit of inefficiency for convenience doesn’t shy me away. Maybe it’s too soon to tell if it would even be able to heat something with that much thermal mass? Wishful thinking..
I guess I'm just trying to see a reason to use induction for this. A perfectly reasonable explanation is that you have ordered a powerful induction heater and you are looking to get the most use you can out of it.

I heated all my ball vapes with my UTHS for the same reason. Although I definitely don't think anyone should design a ball vape around that use case :lol:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It's newer, it's the Lite. Iirc Prestoned of the Vapefiend gang ordered one, so we may get to see one used on one of their live streams. B2C seems to be largely ignored by the influencers.
I'm not an influencer, but I ignore them because I have a firm rule that I don't buy vapes from people who don't consume cannabis themselves.

Thanks for the info though. I see it is the Lite, just as you said.

Top Bottom