AtmosRaw

2clicker

Observer
THCMuscle said:
I do not mind about its ability to heat to combustion temp. I'd like to see an ABV pic, if you can consitantly vape bowls evenly with no combustion what so ever I'm sold. I'd be stoked if you can inhale quick and hard and get good vapor. Thats hard to come by.

well put

what about a heater that gets hotter as you hit it harder. so there would be a sensor for airflow and would increase the heater temp accrodingly. temp starts at 0 and your inhale actually activates the heater... oh ive said too much

2clicker,

MG23

Relaxin'
THCMuscle said:
I do not mind about its ability to heat to combustion temp. I'd like to see an ABV pic, if you can consitantly vape bowls evenly with no combustion what so ever I'm sold. I'd be stoked if you can inhale quick and hard and get good vapor. Thats hard to come by.

My sentiments exactly.

MG23,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I love how I hit my ssv, nice short fast bursts :) I agree, I want that draw style on a porta vape!

Xchadb,
hi all
I was asked to join by HerbalStoner after I posted a video of my Atmos raw on youtube......:D

I skimmed over some of the comments and just decided to stop reading and just write my thoughts since there is this underground world of "combustion fuckers" with a world of opinions and assumations ;)

You pack a bowl, you hit the button, you inhale, and you get GOOD hits! Its the coolest looking piece by far...... it fits in my wallet (I am a girl)....... it holds an average of about 8 SOLID hits per load........ and NO ONE knows what I am doing.

I find that the slower the hit I take the better it works..... no real smell lingers....... i smoked at Dennys this morning at breakfast....... YES if i blow in your face you will get a wiff....... but for a device that doesnt make me use BUTANE or a LIGHTER this thing is super cool.

I tried grinding the bud at first and works well but i find that shreddng some bud and then balling it together and leaving a little fluff to it gets the best airflow.....

It looks good, I tfeels good in the hand..... the mouth piece does not get hot..... it has a spring (genius) to keep my bud packed....... 2 different filters.......

the draws are good, the vapor is cool, no heat at all

i opened the box.... connected it... packed a bowl..... closed it ........ and within 1 minute it was livin up to all this hype. got an easy 100 puffs on it before i charged it for the 6 hours...... I got at least another 130+ puffs since that and its still working... the charger should take only 2 hours from now on.

def worth the 200 bucks spent.......

hope this was helpful!

PhillyVaporgirl,

th3realest

I got to try this today. I don't know if it was the unit i tried but it worked more like a pipe than a vaporizer. By them time I was done I emptied out ashes. It has enough heat to cause combustion even with light hits. I was really looking forward to this product but the combustion drew me away. The taste was horrible.

th3realest,

th3realest

The taste of the burning herb. Like i said as i was emptying it out most of it burned to ashes.

th3realest,

Sourdeez

I ordered a black one.. Should be here Thursday.. Can't wait.. I have an Extremely Q and I bought my girl a solo for here apartment. The solo works nice helps to keep the smell down. Let I guys kw how it works when I get it.

Sourdeez,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Just want to be clear the battery life can last 7 hours, or did I read that wrong?

I really like this(and if the price goes down a bit I may get one), but I too am curious about the combustion part.

lesvape,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsUNXLaK7xg&context=C316c10dADOEgsToPDskIoeCjRdfttDmHf7aGQ9ab1

I think we're as unbiased as can be....check it out and decide if its a real vaporizer. It's not gonna pass our standards in our clinical and honest opinion, as it is straight up combustion. Sigh..we had high hopes for this one...They say they are working on a stainless steel chamber this quarter (yuck for flavor IMHO), and another glass and ceramic device a few months down the road. Cheers
JJ
owner
The Vapor Spot Vapor Bar

theVaporSpot,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I guess it's a good thing I am not as picky about a little combustion. I enjoy a good vape, and prefer it, but won't turn this away based on that video. Being able to medicate, on the go, without lighters, wind proof, this is still a useful gadget, just might not fly as a vaper. I will however give it a fair chance since I already ordered it. I may just find a sweet spot after some time using it.

jambandphan03,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
fair enough...This forum IS called FUCK COMBUSTION though...Combusters step off! Joke... I think it should be marketed in the same way as that weird little "Vape or Smoke" device.
To call it a vaporizer is just asking for customer complaints...and after talking to them they seem to think the vapor "purists" like us forum members are only about "20% of their market"....kinda WTF, but I can appreciate the companies honest responses to my somewhat heated questions...remember, even as retailers, we have to pay for these test items...

as for if it would be a great electronic pipe? well..its kinda not a big chamber, and the little parts might be a pain in the ass for users on the regular. We also have our ceramic herb chamber 'chipping" and flaking around the edges..after one day of use...not sure about the sturdiness of that chamber and would welcome the stainless steel option in a couple of months for using it as a e-pipe...

save your money for an arizer solo in my opinion if you want that portable vaporizer...everything else tastes bad or not as true to the herbs oil...but i've got my fingers crossed for the next device on the horizon!

theVaporSpot,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:lol: I knew that was coming... I do appreciate your video, and point of view. If the ceramic is chipping, that could be a real issue. Any mention of the new models being compatible with older model parts so we can just upgrade? I wonder if they will consider that at the price they are charging for this. Hmmmm They also say NO REFUNDS on the site, so if we have buyers remorse, it won't do much good if you can't return it. I might have to bite it and just enjoy it for what it ends up being, since I am not a purist about it anyway and it's already been shipped.

**That thing looks sweet, maybe once I get caught up from this venture**

jambandphan03,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
they probably will be good about returns and such as they stressed ANY problems would be swapped...as for backwards compatibility, it seemed the answer was NO...they said they would be shipping new devices with unique power plants/batteries for each version...good luck with everything, just wish you lived in Los Angeles where you have our Vapor Bar for things just like this....the test drive!
JJ

theVaporSpot,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Me too, OR is awesome, but no vape bars that I know of near by. I do remember reading exchanges only on the website. Unless I missed something....

jambandphan03,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
oh..and not in a snobby way, but you really should try being a "purist"...we're talking about MAJOR health and lifestyle benefits besides the obvious advantages of flavor and conservation...try a steinel HG with a vriptech setup and tell me you still prefer smoke vs vapor..I make purists on the daily here at the Vapor Bar!...how deep a breath can YOU hold in the morning? heh...

jambandphan03

in flavor country
In Eugene now, but Portland seems to get most of the cool stuff these daze,just too dang crowded. I moved up from Houston, so I am def. moving in the right direction. At least the air is clean here. I hear ya on the vape though, I am working my way there. I've come a long way from those ghetto 2 litter bottle gravity bong/schwag highschool daze :ko: Kinda waiting for our supply to stock back up. Our vape doc runs through it like crazy. I expect this Atmos to be more for out running around, camping, festing...etc. But I hear ya.

jambandphan03,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
GJ with the Video theVaporSpot.. I mentioned a couple of times.. That they have a alibaba.com account and they sell this at 78$ a piece and ship sample orders..
Same guys have Omicron type vaporizer with omicron type catriges for concentrates 500 catriges = 80 $..
They have an Ivapor which is a 2011 knockoff of the NO2 .. I don't know about N02 chamber and stuff but i saw I-vapor and it airpath all stainless steel from the chamber to mouthpiece.. Looks like a hybrid between Iolite and No2 .. Speaking of Iolite.. They are also the guys standing behind Skyda/Nulite ...which are but electrical powered..

Abysmal Vapor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:/ Well, there always has to be a few folks to take one for the team I suppose...Only thing left to do is wait and see for myself. Who knows, I might like it.

jambandphan03,
Hey guys,
New to this forum.

Got the Raw on Friday and have been using it since.
My feedback:
Looks- amazing
Built- solid
Size- very small. About 1/2" diameter. 5 1/4 inches long
Battery- didn't read manual so didn't charge the recommended time. Just one hour. It's still going strong. So far about 90-100 6-7 second hits.
Packaging and accessories - very nice. Felt like I'm opening an iPhone.

Called their office today to ask a few questions...
1. Did I hurt the battery by not charging the recommended time. Answer was, that it's fine and that they will replace it for me if I'm bothered by it. Suggested that I can do a complete drain and full charge to recondition the battery at any time. Once a month is recommended.
2. It is baking the herbs, which I didn't mind much. It's very smooth and tasted like the real thing. Definitely felt like vapor more than smoke but I figured I'll ask. Answer was, yes it baking the lower layer and vaporizing the top. The reason I'm seeing the herbs getting dark is because of the spring pushing herbs closer to the bottom. The purpose of the spring is to keep it packed so i can get 7-10 hits. With out the spring I should get about half(tried it and that's what I got). The engineering for this device has more focus on the filtration. Trapping the carcinogens and harmful elements. And was told that it's working exactly how it was intended to.
the best TIP I got is that if I wanted to eliminate all combustion is to simply to put a screen between the heating element and the herbs. They recommended something similar to the NO2 screen that looks like a bowl. I had some some larger flat screens that I reshaped and VOILA IT WORKED PERFECT. Was able to get 5-7 good long hits with no baking.
Was told that the screens will be available on February 15 and will always be free of charge for their customers. For me I will be switching with or without screen. Enjoyed both

Concentrates,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Nice, that just raised my spirits reading that about the screen. I have plenty of stainless steel screens here, that I can work with. :D Did you use ground bud or chunky?

jambandphan03,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
yeah..i don't know about all that love...
we used an NO2 screen as suggested by atmos, it cut the VERY small bowl size in half..as well as with that much cushion between the element and the herb no one here could get a good hit...we're not using the screen to conduct heat (as they are suggesting i think) but that chamber just wasn't hitting the way it should.It's either too hot immediately, and scorches or its too cool no matter how much you hit the button with the screen inside....hate to be a buzzkill...believe me when I say I want it to work..hell, i wanna salvage this thing i opened too...just please take all the suggestions, tips, and advice from these other members with a grain of salt. I honestly think all these positive posts are either first time vaporists, or are somehow blinded by the fact they spent 200 on a non-vaporizing vaporizer, or worse, they're working for the rep...when the company says they have to use another companies screens, it should be a red flag..(besides it didn't work that way either).. I love vapor for vapor's sake. This device has too many caveats for its use...
just tryin to keep it real...and SMOKE-FREE!

Top Bottom