AtmosRaw

Oops forgot.

3. Warranty. I don't think it's very clear on their website. They apologized and explained that they have been overwhelmed since the availability of the device and will post it on the site very soon.
OK. Besides the 90 day warranty, all customers that register their unit will automatically be entered to the 36 months replacement program. If I understood correctly, there will be an unlimited amount of exchanges with no questions asked. Sounded a little strange. Never heard of anything like this. So I asked some questions. Will the program cover batteries and most importantly the heating chamber? Answer was yes.
What if a truck runs over it or I just have some scratches that really bother me. Answer was yes. What if I mis-use the heating chamber using some other materials ( used already some 2 types of bubble which worked perfect. More like the hard/dry and Kief type. Wouldn't dare to try a full melt ) the answer was yes. What if my heating chamber goes bad every month? Answer was yes. There will be a shipping and handling charge that they are still working out and the guy told me that the last he heard it will be $12.95.

I'm really into oils as well.Tried a couple pens and did a switch for atmosrx a couple months ago.great unit. Also just pre-ordered an Atmos thermo from the RX website it's guaranteed to work with type of oils, thin or very thick. So far I've been very happy with their products and service. The person that helped me even gave me his cell# in case I have questions after hours.

There u go. Hope this helps
Going to sleep

Concentrates,

OF

theVaporSpot said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsUNXLaK7xg&context=C316c10dADOEgsToPDskIoeCjRdfttDmHf7aGQ9ab1

I think we're as unbiased as can be....check it out and decide if its a real vaporizer. It's not gonna pass our standards in our clinical and honest opinion, as it is straight up combustion. Sigh..we had high hopes for this one...They say they are working on a stainless steel chamber this quarter (yuck for flavor IMHO), and another glass and ceramic device a few months down the road.

Bummer. A 'vape wannabe'? Do I understand correctly, plant material rests directly on the heating coils? So only fraction of a percent of the material gets heated by conduction? Makes perfect sense that that material will heat way past vaping into combustion (we're only talking what, 30 degrees or less difference?) before enough warm air can be pulled into the load to vape that part.

I'm not buying the 'filter the bad stuff out of the smoke' part. Chemically the nasties are too close to the good stuff, filter them out and the THC gets caught as well. Not to mention what does one do when the filter fills? Trade the unit in?

Hey, if you like the idea, you can save a bunch of money this way:
http://www.amazon.com/Click-Smoke-V...T1E0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1327489826&sr=8-6

Yes, it uses butane, but notice how it works. Fill it up, push the button and suck. You can even let go of the gas once it's lit....because it does burn, the heat comes from there after that as long as air is flowing in and up the load. I own several, was regularly using and recommending them before I understood what vaporization was all about. If you're OK with blazing (or don't know the difference I guess), this thing is great (and I assume so would the AR be at that level). And it's less than 1/12 the cost. It even has a magic filter, the claims are less but probably closer to reality? No warranty issues either, buying the next one is cheaper than shipping it back for most of us.

Glad folks checked this out and reported back, but seems to me this one isn't really FC fodder? If it combusts without warning we should be following our creed and cussing this one right on outa here? Perhaps the next efforts will be more useful to us?

Thanks for the straight poop, JJ.

OF

PhillyVaporgirl said:
hi all
I was asked to join by HerbalStoner after I posted a video of my Atmos raw on youtube......:D

hope this was helpful!

It was helpful, Thanks for joining phillyvaporgirl

And The vapor spot, Thanks for that vid man thats what ive been wanting to see. You seem to know whats up so ill take your word for it and move on to another device.

VaporBoxed,

mephisto

Thanks to The Vapor Spot for the vid. I lustily purchased the Atmosraw without a second thought.
Looks like it will be a re-gift to a buddy who still smokes. I am sure he will enjoy it.

mephisto,

OF

Hey, the more I think about it, the more I like this Vapor Spot testing idea. Sort of like our own Underwriter's Labs? Like Steephill (sp?) Labs does for MMJ, sort of certify against standards? Lets guys know what they can realistically expect.

One thing sure, a single experienced, objective test seems to have answered a lot of doubts and made a lot of folk's ready to make informed decisions. "Turkey free Vape buying"....

OF

OF,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
theVaporSpot said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsUNXLaK7xg&context=C316c10dADOEgsToPDskIoeCjRdfttDmHf7aGQ9ab1

I think we're as unbiased as can be....check it out and decide if its a real vaporizer. It's not gonna pass our standards in our clinical and honest opinion, as it is straight up combustion. Sigh..we had high hopes for this one...They say they are working on a stainless steel chamber this quarter (yuck for flavor IMHO), and another glass and ceramic device a few months down the road. Cheers
JJ
owner
The Vapor Spot Vapor Bar
Thanks for posting this, glad i didnt invest anything in this electric pipe

SF Giant,

2clicker

Observer
i gotta say im super dissapointed. i was really hoping this was the next purchase.

i guess its all about the Delta 9 stuff. the batteries are the deal breaker for me on the TV.

2clicker,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah a little too late for me, and this replacement offer seems strange. I am glad they are offering to replace bad parts, but what do they know that we don't? Do the parts crap out easy? I am really starting to feel like a sucker here, and I guess I deserve it since my original plan was to wait until I saw more reviews, but I got swept up in the moment and hit the buy button. Well, live and learn I guess. Just wish it had been less expensive of a lesson.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OF said:
Hey, if you like the idea, you can save a bunch of money this way:
http://www.amazon.com/Click-Smoke-V...T1E0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1327489826&sr=8-6

Yes, it uses butane, but notice how it works. Fill it up, push the button and suck. You can even let go of the gas once it's lit....because it does burn, the heat comes from there after that as long as air is flowing in and up the load. I own several, was regularly using and recommending them before I understood what vaporization was all about. If you're OK with blazing (or don't know the difference I guess), this thing is great (and I assume so would the AR be at that level). And it's less than 1/12 the cost. It even has a magic filter, the claims are less but probably closer to reality? No warranty issues either, buying the next one is cheaper than shipping it back for most of us.
OF

I have that butane smoker, and it sux, don't bother even if you do smoke. Talk about combustion, it fries your herb with a torch, and the entire unit gets really hot as well as the fact you are aiming the torch towards your face (inside the chamber but the heat goes right to your mouth) at least that was my experience with the one I got. I actually just use the torch part to heat my oils for loading into other devices now hehehe

jambandphan03,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
I have that butane smoker, and it sux, don't bother even if you do smoke. Talk about combustion, it fries your herb with a torch, and the entire unit gets really hot as well as the fact you are aiming the torch towards your face (inside the chamber but the heat goes right to your mouth) at least that was my experience with the one I got.

It depends on how you look at it, doesn't it? I expect it to combust (or rather did....). It's simply a compact pipe with a built in lighter. Spark it up, start a cherry, kill the lighter and toke like you would with any other pipe. Put some effort in keeping it clean and it works well that way. Yes, it's small in thermal mass, you have to take it easy or it gets hot.

What were you expecting for sixteen bucks?

As far as fire inside the tube in front of you, small change to a guy schooled in Proto Pipes..... If you're bothered by enclosed fire you can't see, I guess that completely lets out the VG coil?

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah it's all perspective. I was excited about the Atmos yesterday. I just keep hoping that maybe it will still be good for being out and about. I won't really know if I like it until I spend some time using it. I guess the nature of these forums is to get a mixed basis of opinion, and I just need to not be so impulsive on making purchases with out doing more homework first if I want to be happy with what I end up with. I am still going to put a screen in there (regular stainless steel pipe screen) to see if that little bit of insulation will help back off the combustion a bit with out hindering the heat too much. We'll know tomorrow when it gets here. If that is the case, it will be an easy cheap fix.

jambandphan03,

Adobewan

We've all been there Jam, I feel for you.
Although... if they advertised a vaporizer and it isn't, I would think you could return it under the terms of false advertising. I can't advertise diamonds for a buck a kilo stating no refunds, and then send out Cubic Zirconia and expect my notice of No Refunds to protect me.
I'd pressure the company for a refund based on theVaporSpot vid. If not, then once again once I had it in hand(you may want to test it with tobacco, just so you avoid any potential snags they may try to take advantage of).

And to theVaporSpot guys, bravo!, please participate more in early vape testing, I've no doubt you saved a number of forum members the $200 they would have thrown at this!

Adobewan,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Interesting thread. I bought the first AtmoxRx because it was advertised by High Times. When I spoke to a representative on the phone he said that carts were already being marketed for the RX containing 3 different strengths of THC. ( i am not in a med state so I just bought it with hopes that it might do something with home made VG Juices. No luck there. I don't know if anyone here has tried any of those carts he mentioned, but it seemed like a great idea! With this, it seems like an excellent idea, but maybe it just needed a little more tweaking with the heat algorithms or some such. Thanks everyone for all of the reviews and early reports. :peace:

Bluntcrush,

ctk2011

Hold on - they won't take returns on unused Atmos Raws? Big red flag there.

This whole ordeal just rubs me the wrong way.

ctk2011,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Springfield here! Nice to see some Ducks in the house! We could meet at Kannabosm lol!

t-dub,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ctk2011 said:
Hold on - they won't take returns on unused Atmos Raws? Big red flag there.

This whole ordeal just rubs me the wrong way.

***This warranty applies to the product under normal use and is subject to all product usage documentation. Due to the hygienic nature of our products, we do not issue refunds. ***

Directly quoted from the warranty page http://www.atmosraw.com/warranty

and this: ***Our aim is to ensure that the buyer is fully satisfied with the goods. If, for any reason, the buyer is not satisfied with the goods purchased from our website, the buyer has a right to return the product (within 7 working days from the date that product is received.) for an exchange or a store credit that could be used for future purchases. No refunds will be given.

http://www.atmosraw.com/support.html under returns and exchanges

jambandphan03,
Does anyone know any future products of Atmos? If im gonna send it back and get store credit im curious to what is coming out next and how far away

southernboy171,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
You could shoot a message to theVaporSpot and ask what knows after talking to them, or call the company. Are you unhappy with your stick already or is it all the forum talk bringing you down? Just curious... would like to know why you want to exchange it. I am getting mine tomorrow, and want to know as much as possible before soiling it with my herbs. I honestly don't know if I could trust a credit in the future as a viable option, but that is my issue.

**if you find out they have something better on the way, please let us know, there was mention of a stainless steel heating core?? or something.

jambandphan03,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
jam, if you really are in my neck of the woods, I would load your Atmos just to watch YOU use it. Considering you are a legal OMMP patient and all . . . legal disclaimer etc. etc . . .

t-dub,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thank T-dub I just looked up Kannabosm, trying to contact them about membership and what not. I am so not sure what to think about this e-pipe right now. I'm a sucker for these e cig style things, led lights and long lasting batteries... sent you a message through the email link here on FC did you get it?

**yes I am a legal OMMP patient.

jambandphan03,
The forum talk is a little, and if i only have a week window of returning it to get credit and they are coming out with something similar soon i could wait it out. Still experimenting with it. Just put in a screen that came with my iolite and see if i can stop the combustion. I just need a vape that how no smell period. But i like to vape in public places all the time.

southernboy171,
Top Bottom