Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
I believe the customs story to be complete bullshit! I don't see customs grabbing every daily delivery. Even if they only pre sold 200 units.... That's 50 fuckin grand!!!
DaVinci, do you see what's happening here? You can restore a lot of goodwill just by dropping a line here and telling us what's going on. Your continued silence is only inspiring suspicion and damaging your brand.

Help us all (and yourself) out and please fill us in.

smokie

I understand people being upset. But I don't think davinci is going to take money and run!
Look at the way they have handled customer service with original davinci, pretty good from what I have seen on here.
I think they will receive them fairly soon and ship ASAP!
And yes I have already paid including $110 for shipping! I'm pissed at the price for shipping especially when I haven't got a clue when it will ship.but do believe it will be worked out soon. Then I have to wait for it to clear uk customs:(

toros23

Back in early June, DV said they were going to start taking pre-orders before they had them in-hand. It was a controversial message but they did what they said they were gonna do. The conspiracy theories are kind of fun though..

toros23,
Reactions: nigel

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
DaVinci, do you see what's happening here? You can restore a lot of goodwill just by dropping a line here and telling us what's going on. Your continued silence is only inspiring suspicion and damaging your brand.

Help us all (and yourself) out and please fill us in.
This is my whole complaint really. I know their an established company and I believe the ascent will set a new standard for portables. My problem is the lack of communication with us the consumers. And the constant ignoring of the problem on their Facebook page while they continue to post flexi straw deals on their Facebook page is just insulting. It just boils down to the fact that I'm a disgruntled ascent fanboy.

Hi, my name is v&c and I'm an ascent-o-holic and I just want a drink!

EDIT: just spoke to a rep on the phone again and they "still have no clue as to what's going on with customs and have zero additional information to give". So atleast we've got that going for us! Lol

Last edited:

berbano

First post here on FC but I've been lurking for a long time. Love the site and the amount of info here. I do agree that DV should say something. It's a bit disheartening that there hasn't been anything on here. I did pre-register and got no email but I did order at EZVape. I'm more than willing to be patient but a little info from them would go a long way to ease my mind about waiting.

grokit

well-worn member
If it's held up by customs there should be plenty of paperwork. Davinci could easily put these theories to rest by sharing some evidentiary information with us rather than trying to placate us with promises of a free t-shirt, but they have chose to do the latter. The former would have been better received, and cheaper.

Smknbud

If it's held up by customs there should be plenty of paperwork. Davinci could easily put these theories to rest by sharing some evidentiary information with us rather than trying to placate us with promises of a free t-shirt, but they have chose to do the latter. The former would have been better received, and cheaper.

Correct. And in most cases it's the lack of proper paperwork that puts the hold on at customs in the first place.

I'm finding it hard to believe that Davinci is getting the 'silent' treatment from US customs.

lwien

"But........but, the dog ate my homework !!"

A few things wrong with that. One, is that it's a lame excuse. Two, if it's not just an excuse, why in the hell do you own a dog that eats paper? Three, if you know your dog eats paper, why in the hell leave your homework out so your dog could eat it. And four, feed your fracking dog some real food so all this doesn't fracking happen in the first place.

sam reynolds

Correct. And in most cases it's the lack of proper paperwork that puts the hold on at customs in the first place.
Ah. Well, that puts things in perspective...and somehow not at all surprising...

I notice that the DaVinci profile on here often shows them as "engaged in conversation." Anybody conversing with them care to share with the rest of us boys and girls?

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Ah. Well, that puts things in perspective...and somehow not at all surprising...

I notice that the DaVinci profile on here often shows them as "engaged in conversation." Anybody conversing with them care to share with the rest of us boys and girls?

From the rules:
  • Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.

GanjaDude

From information I have gathered I believe what really happened was DaVinci made some agreements with distributors and also promised to make sure all units went to davinci pre orders before they went to distributors. They are now stocking up on the shipments coming in to satisfy both parties without drawing any red flags.

sam reynolds

From information I have gathered I believe what really happened was DaVinci made some agreements with distributors and also promised to make sure all units went to davinci pre orders before they went to distributors. They are now stocking up on the shipments coming in to satisfy both parties without drawing any red flags.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, and what you're saying is true...they made conflicting promises, and are now stockpiling units so as not to renege on either venders or direct customers?

Not quite sure I get the logic, but maybe someone can help me out.

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

GanjaDude

So if I'm understanding you correctly, and what you're saying is true...they made conflicting promises, and are now stockpiling units in order to satisfy both vendors and direct customers?
IF what I am hearing is correct then yes thats exactly what happened. from what i heard orders for this unit are higher than anyone could have imagined

GanjaDude,

sam reynolds

IF what I am hearing is correct then yes thats exactly what happened. from what i heard orders for this unit are higher than anyone could have imagined
:hmm::disgust:

Well, at least that explains why they don't want to talk to us. And the whole "units are arriving daily" thing.

sam reynolds,

Smknbud

So they concocted this elaborate scheme code named 'stuck at customs' to cover their ass?

Nah.

Smknbud,

Medical Mark

:doh:Man, just go with it and quit speculating,I know we all want our outs but accusing and speculating what they say is not true or is true isn't even fair to them at all, If they said therein customs and they are waiting then they are waiting.
Yu know that not everyone in this world is out to get people and steal and rob.
I'm just waiting with no expectations just excitement.
I can't change the situation and either can anyone else so trashing and throwing down the gauntlet is counter productive.
Don't worry be happy they'll be in your Hans's son enough.
Medical mark

lwien

Bah..........I say, bitching and complaining is good for the soul. Let out the demons. Release the Kraken.
Cleanse yourself of all the nasties regardless who it hurts and I guarantee you that you will wake up in the morning totally refreshed and ready to meet the new day. There's a reason why I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. :brow:

sam reynolds

:doh:Man, just go with it and quit speculating,I know we all want our outs but accusing and speculating what they say is not true or is true isn't even fair to them at all, If they said therein customs and they are waiting then they are waiting.
Yu know that not everyone in this world is out to get people and steal and rob.
I'm just waiting with no expectations just excitement.
I can't change the situation and either can anyone else so trashing and throwing down the gauntlet is counter productive.
Don't worry be happy they'll be in your Hans's son enough.
Medical mark
Good points for sure. I wouldn't say it's not fair though...they've had multiple opportunities to chime in and keep us abreast, but for whatever reason they've chosen not to do so.

It's kind of hard to take--they were fairly active here while the Ascent was in development, but now it feels like they got everything they wanted from us, and now all they want is our money.

But then, I do have trust issues...:uhoh:

All in all, this is turning into a pretty good lesson on the value of communication.

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Good points for sure. I wouldn't say it's not fair though...they've had multiple opportunities to chime in and keep us abreast, but for whatever reason they've chosen not to do so.

All in all, this is turning into a pretty good lesson on the value of communication.
Frankly, there is little if anything that DV could or should say at this point, IMO. They need to get past Customs and go right to delivery. When finally put into the hands of the postman, THEN let us know. Past lessons have taught us here that good news is not always that, and any news stirs the hot pot of public opinion. I for one will consider no news, good news.:popcorn:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
So now the story is that they are stockpiling enough units to meet all of their (over) commitments, and not sending out anything until they can send out everything?

:argh:

grokit,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom