Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

grokit

well-worn member
Would it be okay if I ask if anybody here wants to trade their new XL davinci ascent t-shirt for a new L?

If not please delete, just seems easier than bugging davinci about it :ninja:

@grokit How is the pipestone test going? Or did you post already and I missed it?

On hold while the search commences, bad time of year in these parts :shrug:

tyethewolf

Decided to jump off this trainwreck till all the QC issues are worked out and apparently jumped into the oncoming train of my roommate bi**hing about how I shouldn't have belived all the "paid reviews" :lmao: I regret my refund already...

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I think the battery charge indicator isn't simply a mechanical process. I think the on board computer is doing "current use consumption". Kinda like being in a car, going up a steep steep hill only getting small MPG and the computer says you only have so many miles left, but then you go over the mountain and all of a sudden your range has increased. I think it is like that.

Nigel did you do a long initial charge and then charge after like two sessions to train the battery?

Naw. I did do long charge, but haven't been religious about charges since.

On hold while the search commences, bad time of year in these parts :shrug:

Didn't realize pipestone was out of season now.
:)

Medical Mark

Well I don't know but I can get some nice vapor from this thing for sure ironically 420 is a nice temp to vape herb I get some nice clouds.
I tried the oil can out and at max 430 it releases light tasty wispy vapor ot that visible with the naked eye but if I shine a flash light on the exhale it seems to,be giving me more vapor then I can see nd the effect is great as well as the taste.
The taste of the herb is we some IMO I can't complain and when drawing on the scent at higher temps its like smoking with constant vapor nice and dense well dense enough for me.
I find the ascent very smooth, and the abv was uniform in color very good indication of a thorough heating source and nice radiant heat area no combustion just nicely dark all the way through the bowl of herb.
Any way it is very nice piece I hope it keeps on delivering the results I have gotten so far from my first session.
I'm not disappointed at all a d I have a other one coming this week burl wood.
It will be nice to compare two.
Anyway I happy so far.

Cheers medical mark

alphabj

I think the battery charge indicator isn't simply a mechanical process. I think the on board computer is doing "current use consumption". Kinda like being in a car, going up a steep steep hill only getting small MPG and the computer says you only have so many miles left, but then you go over the mountain and all of a sudden your range has increased. I think it is like that.
:)

I got exactly the same impression, like it's telling you how the battery will be if you keep doing what you're doing now, which IMO is not as helpful as knowing what the actual battery level is.

I had one of the DV reps friend me on facebook once. I told him I had some questions and he asked me to send him a list of issues that I found since he had a "better line" to customer service. So I typed up a huge document with all the issues and he sent them over. At the end of the day, he just had me give them a call like everyone else. When they finally called me back (out to lunch) the impression I got was that he already heard everything and that he had 50 other people to call, so they are super busy, which I understand. But it still shows a bit of organizational confusion that caused me quite a bit of wasted time. He asked for the serial num for a refund. Since it was at home I had to call back later (even though I entered that number on the registration form on their website), of course nobody answered. Tried for like 3 hrs. I'm not excited at the possibility of having to pay to return the unit; maybe I can talk some sense into them...

trezhunter

OMG!! You're breathing in the smoke from someone else's burning hair. That's beyond gross, but hey, at least it's organic. :puke:

BWHAHAHAAAA:rofl:

hey...can't let Tweek out class me...I take back my vulgar but possibly correct assumption...:)

Well.. "ass hair" does kinda put the importance of returning this thing into clear perspective..

Last edited by a moderator:

nigel

I seen this too. At first I thought it was hair, but later realized it was glue or plastic welds, as you did.

Oh! Good point! Most likely glue strands. As these are hand-assembled that makes a lot of sense. Not that they should be there on a finished device. But make more sense than plastic.

trezhunter

Oh! Good point! Most likely glue strands. As these are hand-assembled that makes a lot of sense. Not that they should be there on a finished device. But make more sense than plastic.

I've worked on the line for electronics repairs in the past.. from my experience with poor quality rework and casing mishaps, I can say it's definitely plastic... Brittle Black Plastic.. like Bluecloud mentions, from "plastic welds".

As I re-angle the ascent I can get more burnoff.. I'm thinking it's possible these strands could be coming into gradual contact with the heater even..

Last edited:

JoeKickass

Well I don't know but I can get some nice vapor from this thing for sure ironically 420 is a nice temp to vape herb I get some nice clouds.
I tried the oil can out and at max 430 it releases light tasty wispy vapor ot that visible with the naked eye but if I shine a flash light on the exhale it seems to,be giving me more vapor then I can see nd the effect is great as well as the taste.
The taste of the herb is we some IMO I can't complain and when drawing on the scent at higher temps its like smoking with constant vapor nice and dense well dense enough for me.
I find the ascent very smooth, and the abv was uniform in color very good indication of a thorough heating source and nice radiant heat area no combustion just nicely dark all the way through the bowl of herb.
Any way it is very nice piece I hope it keeps on delivering the results I have gotten so far from my first session.
I'm not disappointed at all a d I have a other one coming this week burl wood.
It will be nice to compare two.
Anyway I happy so far.

Cheers medical mark
That's awesome news mark, if anyone deserves a stress-free unit it's you!

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
In case anybody still cares, I got to experiment with a ryot softside krypto kit case.

I cut out the guts on one side:

SANY0182.JPG

And it turns out that the thickness of the ascent wasn't the problem, the length was:

SANY0181.JPG

Close but no cigar!

EveryDayAmnesiac

Don't mean to pile on, but...

Well... I am now finishing my second straight day of being able to do nothing with my Ascent but watch it offgass continuously. Will never be able to feel safe about using this particular unit.

Stealth. Sent on second day of shipping.

Sorely disappointed.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

grokit

well-worn member
Damn that ascent is big then...

I'm learning that with portable vapes, at least those that run on batteries, size matters :D

Take the minivap, reportedly hits like a top-notch plug-in unit but is huge for a portable. I think that the ascent was pretty clumsy out of the gate, but once they iron things out a bit it will be recognized as a top-notch pocketable unit that helps to bridge this gap pretty well. But yeah real clumsy out of the gate.

Bunch of stoners :smug:

Skulduggery

Hey everyone, DV is making this right and they've been awesome. We wanted to rush the front lines, well there's gonna be some casualties. Myself, being one of the dead, but it was an honor being in the second beta wave and the shipping back cost covers the new backup supply of glass (except for u off shore brothers, sorry to hear)

Aaron working the customer service phone is awesome. I didn't mind ringing in 3-4 times in a 45 minute time window before he was able to answer, i do the same for awesome pizza. i missed his callback earlier. Dude spends time with you on the phone, he wants to understand the problem and actually got a working ascent out and did the suction test created by us. He's got suction. Also most of the returns are coming from FC form folk, so thanks to @thesoloman (who had to convince several folk here about his smoking) and @theCerberus (wires in top housing) for helping me identify these issues.

A toast to all the replacements, I'm confident I will be happy again in the near future!

rsqemt911

My stealth is a little over a day away. Fingers crossed. If it's no good I am not sure if I want a refund or replacement though. I still want it and from what I hear some people have good results. But the whole situation has left a sour taste (not unlike the smoke) for the time being. Still weighing my options but Friday or sat depending on charging time I will give you my findings on how my unit is built/functioning/off gassing.

rsqemt911,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HEAR ABOUT...

Dammit, man! There you make me go hungry for a SPiced hAM product that is conveniently delivered in a can.

Must go eat....

finishing my second straight day of being able to do nothing

Feel for you: Frustrating after having waited so long.

It gets better, man!

But exchange it.

My stealth is a little over a day away. Fingers crossed. If it's no good I am not sure if I want a refund or replacement though.

FWIW: If you opt for replacement, there might be a wait, but that is only because DV has said they want to ensure everything is in place before re-starting production. So, a curse (if there is a wait), but also a blessing (no guesses).

I'd wait, because those of us that have good units, really enjoy them.

Last edited:

trezhunter

By the time you receive yours I will have already ha mine and let you know.
People buying from GV havent reported many issues because either:

They got good vapes
Don't know enough to recognize the issues
Haven't received them yet

Some have gone out. I was one of the first GV batch to ship but I am in ct so won't get here till Friday.
Some have received them but most of the issues I have been hearing about ate all DV direct

As stated a lot has I do with batch and who/when the ascent was assembled.

I am hoping as the batches progress we will see better quality.

Chiming in on this..

Actually.. Mine's Stealth Black from GotVape.. Got it today.. it has all the tell-tale problems..

Burn-off #11, still offgassing.. really not safe in my opinion.

I'll contact them, yes I will..

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Hey everyone, DV is making this right and they've been awesome. We wanted to rush the front lines, well there's gonna be some casualties. Myself, being one of the dead, but it was an honor being in the second beta wave and the shipping back cost covers the new backup supply of glass (except for u off shore brothers, sorry to hear)

Aaron working the customer service phone is awesome. I didn't mind ringing in 3-4 times in a 45 minute time window before he was able to answer, i do the same for awesome pizza. i missed his callback earlier. Dude spends time with you on the phone, he wants to understand the problem and actually got a working ascent out and did the suction test created by us. He's got suction. Also most of the returns are coming from FC form folk, so thanks to @thesoloman (who had to convince several folk here about his smoking) and @theCerberus (wires in top housing) for helping me identify these issues.

A toast to all the replacements, I'm confident I will be happy again in the near future!
An awesome perspective. I, too, am proud to be one of the fallen if it helps refine QC and development. Pretty sure I'll have another one in my hands one day.

Poopman525

The battery on mine doesn't seem to last as long as advertised but it depends on the heat and length of the sessions I suppose. Water adapter works great, I'm pleased with my purchase. DV customer service is dealing with the problems very well IMO.

Top Bottom