Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Maybe it's designed to work with a bigger load? We're actually packing a little more than I put in the solo, but when tamped it's level with the little notch spacer thing, barely filling the bowl.

Medical Mark

Well I'd love to give my input here but I guess 2/3 days usps international shipping takes over week nd still nothing in the mail.
One of the first units out there door and still waiting. Fucking usps shipping like a fuckin snail.
All these issues on here re making me curious to what ill get in the mail,a dud, a winner?
A little discouraged here everyone has there's allready I've been waiting a weekly ready.
Maybe its a good thing, I might get real md if this thing is a piece of .......
But I can't try it if I don't have it.
Express international express upgraded fucking delivery my ass.

Pissed off medical mark

OF

IMO some great stuff being discussed.

One thought on the 'where do clouds come from' idea. Try taking accurate weights sometime. Before and after. You'll need a scale that can resolve .001 gram steps, but they're cheap enough. I've done it a fair bit, and of course it varies some, but generally I see about 1/3 of the original load vaporizing somehow. I know that there's a few percent of the THC left in the AVB so I figure only half or so of that loss to vapor is THC, the other half is water (I assume) and other useless stuff? This is using 'the best bud money can buy'.

OF

OF,
Reactions: nigel

Lazarus

I'm seeing a lot of negative feedback on the ascent. I am looking for a low maintenance Stealthy portable that will fit in my pocket. If I got a unit that is not having any of these issues would you recommend it or not? The reviewers Loved it and I planed on buying it but with all the negative stuff flying about um uneasy about spending that much on it.

Lazarus,
Reactions: Meghan

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Was out of town for a week camping (without a new ascent to take w/ me!) to return to a usps notice. I guess you have to sign for the package. Just went to pick it up, thorough iso preclean and initial charge.

First impressions (stealth model): I like the solid feel of the device and it does look sexy. Screen is somewhat fogged w/ the unit off but haven't turned it on yet. There is no delamination on the unit and everything seems tight except for the slight gap where the two body pieces meet. It will suck if I have to rubberband the exterior of a new sleek looking unit to assure that it's airtight. I am with the group that believes the cost of this item should preclude any defects.

As soon as it is charged (this evening), I will try it out w/ flowers and bho (earwax consistency) and give feedback. Loading large bowls is not an issue and the large bowl size was a plus for me. I have the straight and u adaptors and will try both. I purchased a pinnacle wt for the straight adaptor and will use clean bubblers for the u adaptor. The length of the straight adaptor does seem counterproductive to both the stealth aspect and breakage. After some use, I will probably try cutting this piece down.

edit: As far as quality of flowers go - quantity of trichomes (where the cannabinoids are) is not always the best indication of quality. 1 of the most potent strains I grow (the original NYCSD out of Eugene that is a grapefruit cross) has very few visible trichs but is more potent than any other strain I grow with more trichs. This should mean less cloud on this strain, but more effect?

Last edited:

Reveen

I'm seeing a lot of negative feedback on the ascent. I am looking for a low maintenance Stealthy portable that will fit in my pocket. If I got a unit that is not having any of these issues would you recommend it or not? The reviewers Loved it and I planed on buying it but with all the negative stuff flying about um uneasy about spending that much on it.

I like my Ascent and haven't had the problems like some other folks have. I do have some gripes though..

The imperfect screen (can't see it when the screen is on, but that's not the point... shouldn't have made it past QC)

Doesn't seem to be the most efficient portable vape. Many users (myself included) have noticed that it seems like some vapor is being wasted somewhere or another.

That's really all I have to complain about so far. I'm probably going to keep mine to use as just a portable vape when I'm not at home. I was really hoping to find an "all in one" vape that could replace both my EQ and MFLB, but I don't want to constantly be wasting precious herb with an inefficient unit. Who knows, maybe in a few days I'll decide to return it and wait for the "next best thing" to be released... but if I do that I might end up waiting for a very long time.

Hexi

I am looking for a low maintenance Stealthy portable that will fit in my pocket.

No such thing that I can think of. The PAX and original DaVinci are 2 of the newer portables and the PAX is probably the most high maintenance portable you can get, it's also the most stealthy and uses conduction. Even the PAX's biggest fans report annoyance issues with it.

The OG DV isn't nearly as stealthy, but has way lower maintenance. The only thing you absolutely must do is clean the chamber when the draw gets clogged.

That is part of what's going on with the Ascent. We hear 'all glass' and then see a 14mm glass adapter, and people can easily visualize a powerful portable that does water tube cloud hits + stealth hits outside the police station.

Lets just say the reviews are still coming in. I know from personal experience that you can get huge cloud hits from a small device. But I am not currently testing an Ascent.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The ascent is over-all a quality unit...there are some people having problems, but most love it.
The main problem with it IMO is the outter peices (screen, side panels, ect)...followed by a smaller percentage that are having trouble burning the unit completly off
In working order it is very low mantinence and portable, but so is the mflb...I think the biggest initial draw for me was the glass on glass, which doesnt disappoint.
After the mflb I went to the pax (which I still love)
But felt like I went through herb alot faster, but got bigger hits that the flight box could not achieve...I thought the ascent would bring back some efficiency I was missing, but it doesnt really...I still use quite a bit.
That being said I would recommend the ascent to people with out a doubt...especially since they will replace it if you were to get a defective unit
But truthfully after hearing countless people sing the praises of the solo...I am super interested...seems like it (I have never used or held one) gives big clouds with more efficiency than both the pax and ascent
... the only problem with the solo add I understand it are Size and draw resistance

Lazarus

The ascent is over-all a quality unit...there are some people having problems, but most love it.
The main problem with it IMO is the outter peices (screen, side panels, ect)...followed by a smaller percentage that are having trouble burning the unit completly off
In working order it is very low mantinence and portable, but so is the mflb...I think the biggest initial draw for me was the glass on glass, which doesnt disappoint.
After the mflb I went to the pax (which I still love)
But felt like I went through herb alot faster, but got bigger hits that the flight box could not achieve...I thought the ascent would bring back some efficiency I was missing, but it doesnt really...I still use quite a bit.
That being said I would recommend the ascent to people with out a doubt...especially since they will replace it if you were to get a defective unit
But truthfully after hearing countless people sing the praises of the solo...I am super interested...seems like it (I have never used or held one) gives big clouds with more efficiency than both the pax and ascent
... the only problem with the solo add I understand it are Size and draw resistance
Thank you that's what I was thinking and I looked In to the solo but the size is a problem For me and I looked at the pax but Its high maintenance. Thank you for your opinion.

Rexxe

My brother put in for a replacement to correct the thermostat issue, but he's thinking about going for a refund instead. I don't think I'll miss it...it's a beautiful device, but I can't afford to chew through my herb so quickly.

Until they fix some of these issues (and I'm sure they will in time), it feels like an expensive novelty.

Yeah, I feel the same way and I'm going for a refund and might pick one up once they iron out all these issues. I just tried calling them and no one picked up in Customer Service. I'll have to try later. Were you able to speak to them?

Rexxe,

Reveen

Thank you that's what I was thinking and I looked In to the solo but the size is a problem For me and I looked at the pax but Its high maintenance. Thank you for your opinion.

I feel the same way. If the Solo was smaller and more stealthy, I'd be all over it. Arizer knows their stuff.

Reveen,

BubbaGump

Hey Lazarus,
If you haven't read up on Pinnacle/Pinnacle Pro, might be interesting to you. Some have had some issues, but has worked out well for others & myself.

Peace

BubbaGump,

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
I have the Solo and the Pax. Use the Solo as my go to vape at home. For that purpose it is awesome. Vapor tastes great and am able to produce huge clouds. The pax is for when I'm on the go. It makes for big clouds also but not great taste. Also the vapor is way more harsh.
When it comes to cleaning them, I find the Solo to be higher maintenance at least in terms of time it takes to clean the stems with a sandwich bag containing iso and kosher salt. Soaking, shaking, rinsing, and drying takes a while. That's why I have multiple stems. Cleaning the Pax takes all of 3-5 minutes soaking the mouthpiece and screen in iso while using a iso soaked qtip to clean the oven and lid. I dip a quarter part of a pipe cleaner in iso and clean the tube. A few more minutes of drying and good to go.

My hopes for the Ascent was for it to be the offspring of a forced mating of the two with the best of both worlds. Eventually it will hopefully be so.

sam reynolds

Yeah, I feel the same way and I'm going for a refund and might pick one up once they iron out all these issues. I just tried calling them and no one picked up in Customer Service. I'll have to try later. Were you able to speak to them?
He went for a replacement through their web page. I don't think he's tried calling yet.

To echo what others have said, this is not the replacement for the solo and MFLB I was looking for. Either of those are far more efficient than the ascent, from our experience. And both have abilities superior to the ascent, IMHO.

The ascent isn't bad, it's just...not great. But I'm sure it will improve. My advice to everyone waiting is to keep waiting and move on to something tried and true in the meantime. Plenty of better options out there, depending on your needs. Again...just my opinion.

As for size, the ascent really isn't that much smaller than the solo. It's just flatter and wider, like someone squished a Solo. The effect is definitely more discreet visually (and is nicer in the pocket) ...but the extra smell over the Solo is less discreet.

Oh, Solo, I'm sorry I ever tried to replace you...:luv:

Last edited:

2 Paces

Yeah, I feel the same way and I'm going for a refund and might pick one up once they iron out all these issues.

Is a refund an option? If you go to the website the only options are return for replacement, repair, or store credit.

2 Paces,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Anyone else feel like they are going through more herb?

I do, but for different reasons. :)

I really like the flavor, and I find myself sipping at the device, repeatedly, not entirely unlike smoking a (tabacco) pipe. Also like the feel in my hand and the warmth of the bowl. So I'll semi-absent-mindedly sit there and sip much longer than I need to. :) Kinda like sitting in a movie theater with a big thing of popcorn and not knowing how so much of it disappeared. :p

Maybe I need to get a bunch of essential oils, so I can sip on those, and stop chewing through my flower...

Rexxe

Is a refund an option? If you go to the website the only options are return for replacement, repair, or store credit.

Their return policy (http://www.davincivaporizer.com/returns/) clearly states:

If you find that your DaVinci is faulty on arrival, then you are entitled to a replacement or a refund within 14 days from the date of purchase. Please contact us for returning guidelines.

Mine is one that is releasing the mystery gas which just will not go away no matter how many times and how long I have tried to burn it off.

Rexxe,
Reactions: Kief

sam reynolds

From what I'm hearing, DV will likely honor a refund, but I haven't seen an example of that yet.

sam reynolds,

sam reynolds

No answer from calling CS. Only voicemail...he left a message.

If he doesn't hear back, he's going to put it on ebay, since you can apparently make a little profit... :\

@Slightly Medicated, how is it holding up for you? And what's your technique? After a few weeks, I'm sure you've found a procedure that works for you...any thoughts?

When it comes to cleaning them, I find the Solo to be higher maintenance at least in terms of time it takes to clean the stems with a sandwich bag containing iso and kosher salt. Soaking, shaking, rinsing, and drying takes a while. [...] Cleaning the Pax takes all of 3-5 minutes soaking the mouthpiece and screen in iso while using a iso soaked qtip to clean the oven and lid. I dip a quarter part of a pipe cleaner in iso and clean the tube. A few more minutes of drying and good to go.
That actually sounds like a lot more work to clean the Pax to me. With the solo, I drop the stem in a container with alcohol and salt, let it sit overnight, shake in the morning, rinse, and good to go. And I only do it every two or three weeks.

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

evanaquinn

Sadly after 3 days of constantly trying, I still can not figure it out!
I too have the constant steam coming from the bottom, even after 30 minutes on 430.
Mine is stealth, and everything looks great on it (aside from the streak in the screen, but who cares ab that). No clouds, and I have tried every technique stated on this forum. My experience is a lot like pappy's, but sometimes these things happen! At least we can let them know and they can fix it for future customer.

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
No answer from calling CS. Only voicemail...he left a message.

Called multiple times today with no answer and left message. Also sent email to customerservice@davinci.com and directly on their contact us page on the website. Did not receive a confirmation of receipt from either though as I did from ploom (having a heating issue with my pax). Serenity now!

Top Bottom