Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

cawshook

Solod out.
Can anyone post a pic of those glass flowers? I seriously have no idea what everyone is referring too.

cawshook,

Kaellan420swe

Omfg i was so happy!!!
And then......
I noticed lol us cord np i buy adapter.. no worries.
Buth was gona test this oil container and i noticed the flaw.... my pice is way of whole chamber is tilting and the silicon wasnt even around the edge to chamber so i can se under it. The edge is above the heating chamber.... if i got to pay transport for a replacemenf for 60-80$ i will not recomend this asian crap to annyone.

Like when u order from china u get ur unit buth always flaws.. gues they dosnt check their units befor they send em acros the world.

Fuck this, happyest day sins i go my son and now its the worst day i can remember :'(

Would smoking the silecon make me drop dead?
Maybe i can melt i and remold it to fitt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaellan420swe,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
So I finally got my glass flowers and am FINALLY seeing some decent sessions out of the ascent dropping 2 or 3 flowers on the top. Has anyone managed to source a bigger, less fiddly glass spacer yet?

i am looking for the same thing cause i have trouble too

poking the last few 'stem down' (like thumbtacks) into the load

and that is the part i am having the most trouble with!!! after i drop two in the empty bowl (stems up) i load my herbs, pack it down with the glass oil can..... now the bowl is half full (as i am trying to not use alot), trying to put the last two in on top with the stems down and poking them in like thumbtacks with my fat fingers is difficult!!!

mmenzie,
Reactions: nigel

OF

Can anyone post a pic of those glass flowers? I seriously have no idea what everyone is referring too.

Check out the link in post 3616 from a few hours ago.

Would smoking the silecon make me drop dead?
Maybe i can melt i and remold it to fitt?

No worries, the silicone used is rated to 500F or so. You don't want to "smoke" it though.....in fact this Forum is specifically against smoking.......

It's a cross linked polymer, it's not going to melt. Such parts are 'cast' and then cure like concrete does.

and that is the part i am having the most trouble with!!! after i drop two in the empty bowl (stems up) i load my herbs, pack it down with the glass oil can..... now the bowl is half full (as i am trying to not use alot), trying to put the last two in on top with the stems down and poking them in like thumbtacks with my fat fingers is difficult!!!

You can see a picture in the link above, or here's another link that you can 'zoom' on to inspect them by moving your cursor over the photo:
http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Tobacco-Screens-Daisy-Flower-Style-20pcs/dp/B009UZ0QAU/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

It's really not all that hard to use them, for a few dollars you can not only try them yourself but also get a chance to catch me in a bold faced lie.

IMO it's no big deal to toss a couple in and steer the stem parts down with a fingertip.....I sure didn't nor has anyone I can recall posted it's a serious problem? Only one way to find out for sure......

OF

mmenzie

don't take my post wrong @OF i like the flowers and they really make a HUGE difference for sure... i just have trouble getting them in the correct place with my fat fingers and even when i do get the flowers in correctly... i can still get the puck "rising" after a few pulls. it does not rise as fast as when i do not use them... thats for sure.

OF

don't take my post wrong @OF i like the flowers and they really make a HUGE difference for sure... i just have trouble getting them in the correct place with my fat fingers and even when i do get the flowers in correctly... i can still get the puck "rising" after a few pulls. it does not rise as fast as when i do not use them... thats for sure.

Cool. For sure they're not magic enough to hold the mass down if you don't fill the bowl.

If guys are really serious about reducing the volume more than the flower do (takes it to about 40% in the tests I ran, still a lot for some guys) I think some extra effort is called for. I personally have no trouble stopping a session and going again later (I basically never finish a Solo or Iolite bowl in one session) ignoring the flavor aspects on the follow up sessions but understand how that's not for everyone.

If someone wants to work on this I suggest a small molded ceramic piece to fill the center of the bowl (but not the edges or blocking the vents) using ribs or posts to 'stand off' from the hot walls. It can be glazed (coated in fired on glass) like the bowl is. Such ceramics are easy to deal with, there are lots of ceramic shops around catering to crafts types and students (my local shop charges $2.50 to fire such small pieces).

Molds for such things are easy to do as well, making a modest pile should be fast and easy, should someone be inclined? Feel free to PM me and we can sort it out?

OF

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
trying to put the last two in on top with the stems down and poking them in like thumbtacks with my fat fingers is difficult!!!

I think the stems down help a bit distributing the heat through the product, but, in all honesty, one of the main reasons I was recommending that, is when I didn't do stems down, I invariably wound up breaking a stem or two when I opened back up the oven.

armin

So the flowers have a dual purpose if I am understanding this correctly. Weigh down the weed so it doesn't just float around when inhaled AND increasing the surface area to maximize weed that is caped. Am I correct in this assumption?

Also could you shake it around to also provide a stirring of the product?

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
So the flowers have a dual purpose if I am understanding this correctly. Weigh down the weed so it doesn't just float around when inhaled AND increasing the surface area to maximize weed that is caped.

You are correct, however you leave out the fact that you are basically replacing some of the air with glass which will assist with thermal recovery. (If one fills to the top, which is recommended.) So, more like three reasons...

Probably another benefit or two I'm forgetting about, but I think those are the big ones.

OF

So the flowers have a dual purpose if I am understanding this correctly. Weigh down the weed so it doesn't just float around when inhaled AND increasing the surface area to maximize weed that is caped. Am I correct in this assumption?

Also could you shake it around to also provide a stirring of the product?

No, not really. The two goals I was trying to address were decreased herb load while keeping the bowl full and more surface area, and increase thermal mass, to support vapor production (note the testing I reported which led here....).

Dual purpose, just two different purposes.

This is a conduction vape, it needs solid contact between the herb and wall to work. A load loose enough to "shake it around" is doomed to poor production. This is why guys use the glass jars to jam the load into tight (but partial) contact. IMO leaving part of the wall 'naked' is a straight out looser, that's the very place you want lots of firm contact. More (solid) contact means more heat therefore more vapor.

IMO reducing the load by only loading part of the bowl is the wrong way to go about it.

Stirring is not all that important, again I direct you to the testing. The internal load temperature goes down a LOT with the hit. Before the hit starts the entire load (no matter where it is in the bowl) is as hot as possible. The hit might drop that 100 degrees or more. Some vapes thrive on stirring, IMO not this one.

OF

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
In response to all the glass bead/flower questions. I've posted this before but, here it is again. With this bead I get amazing (desktop like) vapor production, I'm able to do very small loads, and my puck never lifts even a little.
4Cw29So.jpg

b1YIlAV.jpg

OF

In response to all the glass bead/flower questions. I've posted this before but, here it is again. With this bead I get amazing (desktop like) vapor production, I'm able to do very small loads, and my puck never lifts even a little.

Cool. Have you tried the flowers?

I tried a couple beads, no square ones but I did try an oblong cylinder that nearly fit laid on it's side (there's a button and bead collector in the house.....), that's what got me on the 'break the mass into smaller pieces with more surface area' kick. I ordered the flowers and they got me to put the bead back in the collection.

They are sometimes called "cane beads" since they are cut from long tubes (these are the sort of 'trade beads' probably used to buy Long Island amongst other things. There are all manner and sizes available cheap, like this:
http://www.jewelrysupply.com/product.asp?itemid=9062&gclid=CIDKg9bqxLoCFc41Qgod9lgAjw

I think the area is ripe for experimenting but if you haven't tried the flowers I think you should?

OF

OF,
Reactions: denalus

lwien

I just used the oil can without the lid. Worked good. Are you guys using flowers and beads because you load up the bowl with more than I do and the can wouldn't fit with that much weed?

lwien,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I am still luvin two pinches +/- of loose herb under my jar with 2 holes in it. Insert the jar once compressing until it is flush with the top of the bowl. When closed, the lip of the jar makes an additional seal around the outside of the 4 holes in the stem and does not float up. Perfectly baked ABV from both sides. Puck sometimes drops out in one piece.

Wish the jar was colored as the clear disappears from view sometimes amongst the spent ABV. And far to hot to pick up. Retains heat like the bowl. Will be drilling a second for quicker turn around and a spare.

Had absolutely no problem with a Dremel and the correct bit (1/4" metal cone) at ultra slow from the bottom. Had originally tried at a faster speed with disastrous results. Just need to take your time.

I just used the oil can without the lid. Worked good.
Know your small amount, how are you keeping from floating the jar upwards when you hit, which in turn would block off the stem hole from the vapor path AROUND the jar?
That's what happened the other day when I tried the second half of the test of your dose. Even with the holes in my jar, I could hear it float up and the hits became minimal. For you it is a must to keep the jar down.

Last edited:
RD,
Reactions: Snappo

100n3y

Pre-cursor - I've been reading this since post 1 (as much as possible. Y'all are super chatty :) ) so if this info exists forgive me. I must've missed it.

I requested by email, from Davinci, about where I was on the wait list and never received a response back. Today I received the email saying "Hey!...buy one now or no freebies for joo!" Curious I roll over to the site and am able to order one as a guest, or by signing in to my account. My questions are these...

Looks like my question(s) got answered pretty quick. Received my shipping number today so depending on what USPS says tomorrow I should have it soon. Ordered a group of 10 glass flower beads too so hopefully everything comes in at the same time. I pleaded with them (DaVinci) in my Shipping Notes section to please be kind when shipping to avoid....well...the 1 to 2 problems that have happened to our other few lovely forum patrons. Will report once I' charged and have sipped a few.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I've always said my ascent performed like a desktop so I retro-fit a piece if ssv tubing and a 14 mm connector to my pn wt. It hits even harder now!!!

4jceJaU.jpg

It takes away from the whole glass on glass aspect but it's great for lazy time. Just turn it on, set it on the night stand and go to town.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It came in a glass crafts kit my daughter got for Christmas 1 year. I believe that it was @OF that found them on eBay once and posted a link. I may be wrong tho. I had to dig through a few hundred to find the 2 square ones like mine. The link was to packs of only square ones like mine tho.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

mmenzie

It came in a glass crafts kit my daughter got for Christmas 1 year. I believe that it was @OF that found them on eBay once and posted a link. I may be wrong tho. I had to dig through a few hundred to find the 2 square ones like mine. The link was to packs of only square ones like mine tho.

actually it wasn't OF that posted the link it was someone else... it took me awhile to find it the last time so i had to add it to my wish list for the next time i place an order at amazon. here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G0FF3A...TF8&colid=1QQ8IEO14GAV7&coliid=I3AG0JJEVK6KW2

Smknbud

OF

actually it wasn't OF that posted the link it was someone else...

At last! Something's not my fault....gotta bookmark that post.....

Good find. These guys too are 'cane beads' I think. The one's I tried were. There are similar round versions (which I tried) and conventional beads (which are more doughnut like), some of them quite small. That's what led me to the flowers, trying to get more surface area per gram of glass. FWIW I also found bud would get packed into the holes, calling for poking with a toothpick (no big deal, but something else to do.....or not).

Probably a useful option for guys who can't find the flowers or otherwise have problems with them? IMO worth keeping an eye out for coated ones as well......

OF

Digger42

This bead, in 15mm, is a very good match for the bowl. I mash the load down with an oil jar and then set this bead on top. It fills the space and keeps the puck from moving.

Swarovski 5150 Modular - http://www.artbeads.com/swarovski-modular-beads-5150.html

Last edited:
Digger42,
Top Bottom