Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Thanks for the feedback, it looks like guys that don't give the little glass flowers a shot in their Ascents are missing a big one here...... Better production on less bud, pretty cool.

OF
You're really starting to convince me, OF, that the Ascent may be worth another look. Not an easy turnabout for me.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I'm not saying they did nothing during this period, but for some of us, to jump and drop $250, is quite nerveracking.. im sure they fixed their bugs, but waiting to see how they compare to other models cant hurt, right? i do own the first version of the original da vinci(and love it) and do expect a big difference between the two, but for now, I'll wait and order once i hear about the performance of the replacements.

Rhodes

Completely new to vaping and I just bought one yesterday, I'll try and learn as much as possible about it before it comes so you guys can get a decent review. Regardless I'm sure it's going to save me money on tobacco and skins in the long-run and not mess with my health to much, so it's pretty much a win/win for me as anything is better than my current combustion cycle.

C No Ego

Completely new to vaping and I just bought one yesterday, I'll try and learn as much as possible about it before it comes so you guys can get a decent review. Regardless I'm sure it's going to save me money on tobacco and skins in the long-run and not mess with my health to much, so it's pretty much a win/win for me as anything is better than my current combustion cycle.

congrats on the transition to vaping, you will be suprised and amazed at the difference. da vinci makes another model vape called " da vinci" and could be a good back up vape along with the ascent. once you start vaping it is hard to have just one :)

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Don't ask me how but I received my replacement today. My initial impressions are on the Ascent ordering, shipping and other nonsense thread. Impression was all good until...the light test. Cranked it up to 430F and after a minute with a flashlight in a dark room I saw a steady stream of smoke coming out the bottom. However, the smell wasn't as bad as I remembered and after about a half hour the smoke was gone and the smell much diminished to the point that I decided to give it a try. Loosely filled then packed down to about 1/4 full I tried it out at 395F. On my first pull I blew a nice thick cloud, something I could never do on the original one. The taste was very nice. Overall it is much improved from the original though I am concerned about the initial burn off. Will clean and light test it again tomorrow to verify that it isn't smoking and that the silicon is indeed cured.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I just spent a week and a half out of Town, and loved having my Ascent while out and about. I felt perfectly comfortable puffing on it out and in public so it really did meet my needs as far as discretion and portability. Carried around a few little jars with some pre-ground strains and the Ascent in its little pouch (generally pre-loaded), and whenever I needed pulled it out and medicated. Re-loading while out and about was relatively easy and I didn't draw a lot of attention to myself which was the goal (and the attention I got was more of a curious type).

It did a good to really-good job of medicating, and I didn't feel like I was wasting much ... I packed full generally but not too tight (Santa Cruz Shredder used to grind so it has some "fluff" to it so if I packed tight I'm sure I could get in twice as much anyways ... avg bowl size was around .25-.3 or so)

Another thing that's really nice about the Ascent, is no throat or mouth irritation. It's really smooth and cools the vapor very nicely. This is a big plus in my book. The only other portable I've found as good for this dry is the Solo, but the Solo is hardly discrete.

The world's perception of cannabis may well really be changing :) ... at least in some areas of Canada ... I vaped openly in the outdoor smoking patio/areas in multiple bars/restaurants, where the bartenders/bouncers noticed, asked me about it, then had a conversation about cannabis and vaporizers with me and didn't give me any grief.

Rhodes

Seeing that I'm forking out all this money for a high quality vaporizer I'm thinking the only issue I will have with it is the fact that long-sustained sessions of vaping at the highest temperature would inevitably lead to it deteriorating quicker than expected, I mean every device has it's limits and I've heard portable vapes can get pretty hot. My mates will probably all want to have a go and have it passed around constantly at a high temp with little chance of a cool down, desktop vapes would be best for this obviously and portables are more for personal use. Now being completely new to vaping this might sound like a stupid idea but there's no harm in asking I guess, does anyone think that using some sort of external cooler in between vapes (ice-bags, fans, etc) would prolong the life of a vaporizer?

Rhodes,

C No Ego

Seeing that I'm forking out all this money for a high quality vaporizer I'm thinking the only issue I will have with it is the fact that long-sustained sessions of vaping at the highest temperature would inevitably lead to it deteriorating quicker than expected, I mean every device has it's limits and I've heard portable vapes can get pretty hot. My mates will probably all want to have a go and have it passed around constantly at a high temp with little chance of a cool down, desktop vapes would be best for this obviously and portables are more for personal use. Now being completely new to vaping this might sound like a stupid idea but there's no harm in asking I guess, does anyone think that using some sort of external cooler in between vapes (ice-bags, fans, etc) would prolong the life of a vaporizer?

I think the worst place the heat presents a problem for a portable is the battery of a portable and that is up to the designer of the vape to protect the battery from the heat by means of proper battery placement, nothing we as consumers can really do about that. plus this vape is designed to withstand much higher heat than it is capable of. You might have to figure out how to best grasp the vape once the heat has been on long term and passed around some. you will find the sweet spot

C No Ego,
Reactions: OF

smokie

Hoping to see some new reviews on the ascent, had confirmation my new one will be shipped this week.
Really hope it performs now. And so far things seem positive from what I have read.

smokie,
Reactions: salivape

mewash2

The only person that has a new unit is reporting off-gassing. Mine did not show up today,

mewash2,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
so sad :( mine is due to arrive today and now i am sad that the only one out there is already off gassing. if mine does as well... thats it.. it goes back for refund. i cannot deal with a $250.00 device that off gasses. HOWEVER..... since i do not have my unit i will hold off speculation till i do. or at least till more replacement units get opened today as i am sure mine is not the only one due to arrive in users hands today

mmenzie,
Reactions: Shrike

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
The new unit did off- gas for about a half hour before I couldn't see it anymore and the smell barely perceptible. When I tried after I could not taste anything but bud. As I said I will test again tonight to see if the issue is gone. Fingers crossed as I don't care to send back another unit. If I have to it will be for a refund also.

EveryDayAmnesiac

Just got my RMA Ascent about 20 minutes ago.

NO OFFGASSING! :rockon:

"New shoe" smell, but not too bad. What you would expect, I guess.

Mine had about 1 bar of juice left, so I assume it's been tested?

SO relieved that I can actually use it. I might not end up liking it, but at least I can use it! :clap:

Now, let's give this baby a chargin'...

Last edited:

Grange Goreman

Wood lover
My fingers are crossed (foots too)......

It would be a f...... good "myself Christmas present"

anyone knows a good medic for vapes buying addiction ?

Grange Goreman,
Reactions: OF

OF

anyone knows a good medic for vapes buying addiction ?

I'd say 25% of your net worth is a good starting point for discussions?

Most financial planners would probably advise no more than 30% of your long term retirement investments to be in vapes. Those with large disposable incomes might be an exception?

Just thinking out loud......

What do the guys in your group think? If I remember I'll ask at our next session, my group tends to be pretty good at this kinda stuff.

OF

mmenzie

so sad :( mine is due to arrive today and now i am sad that the only one out there is already off gassing. if mine does as well... thats it.. it goes back for refund. i cannot deal with a $250.00 device that off gasses. HOWEVER..... since i do not have my unit i will hold off speculation till i do. or at least till more replacement units get opened today as i am sure mine is not the only one due to arrive in users hands today

my wife called me and it has arrived. won't know if mine has off gassing till get home.... fingers crossed

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my wife called me and it has arrived. won't know if mine has off gassing till get home.... fingers crossed

Give it a good burn off anyhow. I do this with all my vapes now. It's rare I get one in that doesn't smell like something weird out of the gate. If it's still off-gassing after hours or several sessions, that's different, but I don't consider a three cycle burn off anything unusual anymore.

mmenzie

Give it a good burn off anyhow. I do this with all my vapes now. It's rare I get one in that doesn't smell like something weird out of the gate. If it's still off-gassing after hours or several sessions, that's different, but I don't consider a three cycle burn off anything unusual anymore.

i will give it a sufficient burn off.... @njluvdr had to do a 30 minute one. not sure how to accomplish that cause it shuts itself off via the motion detection software pretty quickly. i will try though. if it still off gasses after a decent burnoff time then i will be disappointed

mmenzie,

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
It wasn't done all at once after about 10 minutes I realized I didn't do an iso clean. I did between 30 - 40 minutes total last night. Each session wasn't a full one.

njluvdr,
Top Bottom