Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Just for the record (and for a lot of the new people to this thread) there is a DIFFERENT THREAD for discussing things like shipping and ordering the Ascent.

-------

So, I've now had a few days to try what OF did with the glass-flowers. I am very impressed.

Before I was initially using the oil can to compress the bowl. This resulted in a tight puck at the bottom. (I never really had the issue of the puck being sucked up to the screen (and therefore away from the heat) more than just a few times.) Probably not the best idea for even airflow.

I wasn't able to tell from the photos, but those glass flowers have a stem on them that sticks up/out quite a bit. This gives even more surface area and allows the flower to "penetrate" the non-glass flower. :) I've been throwing a few of the glass flowers on the bottom, with the stems sticking straight up. Then a few pinches on top, followed by a layer of glass-flowers on top, with stems sticking down into the non-glass flower.

This results in "teeth" of glass sticking into the material from both sides (like a set of teeth with upper and lower).

I suspect that, not only am I getting the benefit of better thermal retention throughout the bowl, I'm also getting better airflow through the product.

The results are dramatically improved extraction (longer sipping sessions) and a significantly reduced bowl (unless giant bowls are your thang).

OF

So, I've now had a few days to try what OF did with the glass-flowers. I am very impressed.

I suspect that, not only am I getting the benefit of better thermal retention throughout the bowl, I'm also getting better airflow through the product.

The results are dramatically improved extraction (longer sipping sessions) and a significantly reduced bowl (unless giant bowls are your thang).

Thanks for the feedback, good to know I'm not crazy here too..... IMO owner who don't at least try the idea out are missing a bet big time.

While I was at first worried it was a hassle to put the little blighters in and fish them out from the ABV that didn't turn out to be the case. As you suggest, it became automatic to toss a few in the bottom and add a few more as I filled the bowl, finally poking the last in from above. Since my bud is dry, the glass stays real clean as well, no hassles there.

I too think the glass bits help in heat retention/transfer as well as improving the airflow. My guess is the average path is longer now but flow through the load is more complete (the whole thing is active, not just the part near the walls).

And you're also right, it gives better vapor on less bud! How cool is that?

OF

Elmafuf0

What do you all use to stop from getting a mouthful of bud? The only screens I could see in my packet was some little circle silver mesh ones that aren't even the right shape or size so they are difficult to place and remove.

I managed to squeeze the screens into an oblong shape then bend it a bit and pushed it into the bottom of the glass screen with a bamboo skewer I use for grilling. It stayed oblong and fit perfectly. Of course don't expect to get it out.

Elmafuf0,
Reactions: sxmokeUP

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
DV Ascent Podcast: http://soundcloud.com/vaporreviewblog/vapor-review-podcast-episode-6

:rockon:

@Reflections What is the error, I just loaded the page on two separate browsers. Is the player loading for you, you may need to enable Java.

Edit:

I have java and i still cant hear it ..sad face

So what does it say for those is us who can't get it?

@Reflections @Maine420 Check the Soundcloud page now and try to Download the MP3. Sorry we didnt enable that sooner ;)

COLZwS5.jpg

Its on Itunes also under E6: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vapor-review-blog/id703523886?mt=2

Last edited:

Lazarus

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
How about Flash? Have a flash-blocker in play?

nigel,

Reflections

checked all my settings..made an account and updated adobe flash player..still nothing.. owell anything exciting on the podcast?

Reflections,

jivebuggered

Basically talking about what we already know proof will be in the pudding. What i wanna know (before i get the new version) is how Di Vinci fixed the air leakage between the two glass sliding stems?? Di Vinci please? Ta

jivebuggered,

Wizsteve

Basically talking about what we already know proof will be in the pudding. What i wanna know (before i get the new version) is how Di Vinci fixed the air leakage between the two glass sliding stems?? Di Vinci please? Ta

nope from the podcast she said it's a placebo effect and there is no leak but there a 14 day return policy
so if it leaks just send back

Wizsteve,

bigteddy

Asecnt on DV web site doesn't marked as "out of stock" anymore :)
Is it means orders taken and will be shipped out soon?

Anyway, I'll place order and send them inqury for that.

hey DV, take my money!! :)

Last edited:
bigteddy,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Asecnt on DV web site doesn't marked as "out of stock" anymore :)
Is it means orders taken and will be shipped out soon?

Anyway, I'll place order and send them inqury for that.

hey DV, take my money!! :)
not gunna wait to see how replacement ascents perform?

KidFated.,
Reactions: Kief

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Damn...I missed alot. Anyway. I have my ascent waiting to to be shipped back to dv as it has been for OVER a month, hit the power button and it still looks halfway charged on display...ijs

WakeAndVape,

max

Out to lunch
bigteddy said:
well, I don think DV did nothing for their product during this long-time of waiting.
Your double negative means you think they did make improvements. So do I since it would be really stupid to make people wait for no good reason. Since they were a successful e-cig manufacturer before they entered the mj vaporizer market, they're not stupid. If they weren't committed to building a portable with the performance and features that people wanted, they wouldn't have come out with another model so soon.

I'll count on their effort anyway.
Good. That statement does directly contradict the 1st part of your post though.

Elmafuf0

Yes. I too got some glass flowers and you don't need to pack as hard, much better vapor production. Better than my dea glass solution. Time to pack this thing up and ship it back.

My friend visiting from out of town wanted to know how to get one. I told him who knows when ordering would open up again. Then I saw the heads up and he got right on line and ordered. We'll see how long delivery takes.

Top Bottom