Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Not helpful! Same vid that's been around for a month. Just a tech video. I want PROOF!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

lwien

Quit teasing potential customers...

Ya know what's really interesting? I've been in marketing my whole life and using teasers in advertising and marketing campaigns is a very legitimate practice that helps to "keep the pot boiling", if you will, so I googled "teasers" to just be able to throw up some examples, and the first link that had to do with advertising was a wiki link, so check this out..............look at the pic to the right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaser_campaign
Now THAT was like............WTF ??? :o :lol:

But what I wanna know is the details of this contest. I got a Haiku in my back pocket that is just itching to get out.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I want PROOF!

so another MFG (the vapor blunt) comes to this thread and says he has seen the unit (but did not try it) and gives his thumbs up (thumbs up for a competitor's product) and you still don't believe?? how many times have you seen a MFG give another MFG who he is in competition with, a thumbs up on their product?? i don't see it happening that much at all.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
You know pak I usually try to be helpful and informative but their marketing strategy sucks!
I'm sorry if I've said something that you don't like, but ask nicely if you don't want to hear my opinions! That mid stamp doesn't make you any better than me! I'm sure I'll get banned because my views differ from yours!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

lwien

That mid stamp doesn't make you any better than me! I'm sure I'll get banned because my views differ from yours!

Mid stamp? While that "mod" stamp doesn't make him better than you, it sure DOES make him more powerful than you..................here.

I've been here a very long time and no one has ever been banned for having different views than any of the mods here as long as we are not talking about views on how this forum is run, 'cause when it comes to that, you have a choice. Play by their rules or leave. Kind of like what happens when you're living with your parents or visiting someone else's house, eh?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You know pak I usually try to be helpful and informative but their marketing strategy sucks!
I'm sorry if I've said something that you don't like, but ask nicely if you don't want to hear my opinions! That mid stamp doesn't make you any better than me! I'm sure I'll get banned because my views differ from yours!

Perhaps you noticed I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. That's beside the point, however. When you post the same thing repeatedly then you are clogging up the thread with useless posts. People come here for information and it's part of my job to see that they can get it without having to wade through your demands for a video. Here's the rule you keep breaking:
  • Before creating a thread or posting a reply, please ask yourself: “Am I making a thread which is either funny, informative, or interesting? Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"
Implying that I'd ban you just because your views are different is unfair and completely without foundation. I have repeatedly posted that I don't act as a moderator in incidents in which I am personally involved. Since you have now dragged my reputation into it, another moderator will deal with that.

d-dog

Im amazed at how hip a critical ev1 is!!! Get a life, not one that has u waiting at a computer and waiting and anticipated for the very and every move of the next post!... You know your lame when you find a brother hood in forum's! really who cares when someone joined a stupid post.... ohohoh busted lol

Mod note: return of banned member.

d-dog,

GanjaDude

My attempt:

okay everyone, it was an honest attempt to pass some good news. if you feel different, blow me. anyways, these [fuckers' charged my [fucking] card twice and they try to do an unauthorized refund for both, followed by an email from a jason "guy I talk with l/n" stating that he just lost his job over this (the transactions possibly?) and it was his error and blah blah blah. The dumbass sent me emails from work in conwhonts (kahoots??) with Jonh "ass kayb mang" still after he got fired (wat :hmm: ) Hmm, wonder how that works. "You're fired but do me this one favor before you go." LMOFA D-BAG! Still waiting on [a] call from these d-bags but it looks as if they were trying to sell [the units] before they even had ordered any stock. STAY FAR AWAY FROM KULBNICKS.COM (fun fact, the website is misspelt, it's actually http://store.kublnicks.com/ and they don't seem to have the Ascent up for preorder/order anymore?) I know they just opened up their new warehouse, we need to let them now that we do not want to support you. Don't believe me or [want to help me exact personal revenge on someone I think is a scumbag] call John, and let him know we will never purchase because of his [schemes]. Hopefully he loses DaVinci (rights to sale I guess?) over this. They also falsely advertised 15% off which is nowhere to be found. I', going to wait for Da Vinci 2 release and go that way. (I don't get this part, did you mean for the 2 to release, or for the DaVinci to release?)

I don't expect you to stay here long with that attitude, though. 4chan might be a better site for you?

Thanks for the translation bro his original post was 2 much for my stoned ass

GanjaDude,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
No, you wont get banned but you will get a warning point for this. If you had an issue with paka, you should have taken it up with him in private. I think you would have found him to be quite reasonable.

BCVapo

This vape is still due to release March 31 and there is no hands on yet? Is anyone on the forum beta testing it?

BCVapo,
Reactions: j man

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Ya know what's really interesting? I've been in marketing my whole life and using teasers in advertising and marketing campaigns is a very legitimate practice that helps to "keep the pot boiling", if you will, so I googled "teasers" to just be able to throw up some examples, and the first link that had to do with advertising was a wiki link, so check this out..............look at the pic to the right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaser_campaign
Now THAT was like............WTF ??? :o :lol:

But what I wanna know is the details of this contest. I got a Haiku in my back pocket that is just itching to get out.

So really think it's funny that DaVinci, albeit DaVinci Code is featured in this wiki. Ironic?

I'm waiting on a mod response for the contest and will put up 2 then.

Zee007

To those complaining about the Davinci rep posts being a tease, lighten up a little. I've been refreshing this damn thread every hour just to hear word from Davinci, I don't really see it as a tease but every time I get that Alert at the top of my page from Davinci I get more excited as we near the release date! Nothing makes me happier then to see Davinci give word on the product, and no other rumors or news is more satisfying coming from anyone else as I anticipate March 31st! Please tease me all you want Davinci! :love:

When it comes to any new product what do you expect? I admire the fact they aren't rushing anything, that just happened to be the downfall of many predecessors.

2clicker

Observer
hey DV, will the video show removing and replacing the batteries as well as vapor production?

2clicker,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
hey DV, will the video show removing and replacing the batteries as well as vapor production?

The video that we shot only shows the vapor produced.

On that note, here's a real update that I am going to pre-apologize for:

....about those batteries...It was every intention of ours to produce the Ascent Vaporizer with 2 Li-ion removable batteries, however we have been advised against it at this time due to insurance and product liability reasons. This is the first time in mentioning it, because I just found out that we will have to cap the area. This is unfortunate news, as I really was pushing for this feature. I really do apologize for the change, and yes I realize that other mfg have removable batteries, but the Ascent...as it comes in the box, will not. :bang:

Davinci_vaporizer,

Zee007

....about those batteries...It was every intention of ours to produce the Ascent Vaporizer with 2 Li-ion removable batteries, however we have been advised against it at this time due to insurance and product liability reasons. This is the first time in mentioning it, because I just found out that we will have to cap the area. This is unfortunate news, as I really was pushing for this feature. I really do apologize for the change, and yes I realize that other mfg have removable batteries, but the Ascent...as it comes in the box, will not. :bang:

On a better note, would this mean you'd be able to use the vaporizer while being charged?

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead

Even though I think is a shame that due to the constructs of our legal system you were unable to produce it to your/ the customers wants. It does not impact my interest in any fashion. Thank you for the heads up in advanced. I appreciate that you brought it out now as opposed to waiting. Just shows you care about keeping us in the loop as it were. Looking forward, The replaceable glass do you guys have any thoughts on a price point? Also I wondered if there will be any other customization options? Possibly colored glass draw tubes? Probably way to cost ineffective, but just thinking out loud.

On a better note, would this mean you'd be able to use the vaporizer while being charged?
Right now they will charge inside the unit, that's not saying that we can't easily build an external charger. With a 4 hour battery life, do you think it's really necessary? Any feedback is appreciated.
So I think that yes it will be usable while charging. Even with the change. I feel ok in saying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom