Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Call for speculation:

Anyone have an opinion on leaf vs grind for this device?

Know no one has any real-world data yet, but I think I recall the "mint" in the first video was leaf.

nigel,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I would say grind your herb at least a little. More surface area to get all the nooks and such. Brings out the flavor more too. How fine is the question?

V8pire,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I would say grind your herb at least a little. More surface area to get all the nooks and such. Brings out the flavor more too. How fine is the question?

I don't know what the ingress air path is for the bowl, but I do know what the egress path is. Too fine won't help.

Also, smaller particles means more surface area, but it also means denser pack which means less airflow through particles.

But any DaVinci owners offer some insight with the existing vape (that most likely relates to the Ascent, although the previous uses metal screens which, presumably, is smaller openings than the glass screen)?

nigel,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I don't know what the ingress air path is for the bowl, but I do know what the egress path is. Too fine won't help.

Also, smaller particles means more surface area, but it also means denser pack which means less airflow through particles.

But any DaVinci owners offer some insight with the existing vape (that most likely relates to the Ascent)?
I think it will depend on the size of the holes of the built in screen that will ultimately determine the coarseness of grind best for this model

Then again, you could probably fill up a glass oil jar with finely ground materials? :shrug:

1_gr8_underdog,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!

But any DaVinci owners offer some insight with the existing vape (that most likely relates to the Ascent)?
when she put the mint in she did pat the bowl. Maybe a loose grind? Good question though. If you had some kief or fine grind could you put it in the oil jar?

V8pire,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hi!

To answer a few questions:

1.) Yes the croc is bumpy and textured. It is not real croc skin, but a pressed leather
2.) We will still offer a 2 year warranty on the Ascent.
3.) Wouldn't recommend a fine grind unless you plan on placing a screen in the inner glass piece. The holes in the inner glass are a little too big for that...I know, I got a mouthful of "mint".
4.) Sure you can put it in the oil jar, but to get the best airflow, you would have to take the lid off..which leads to the same problem as above.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Hi!

1.) Yes the croc is bumpy and textured. It is not real croc skin, but a pressed leather
3.) Wouldn't recommend a fine grind unless you plan on placing a screen in the inner glass piece. The holes in the inner glass are a little too big for that...I know, I got a mouthful of "mint".
4.) Sure you can put it in the oil jar, but to get the best airflow, you would have to take the lid off..which leads to the same problem as above.
Will you guys sell a screen later for that purpose?

V8pire,

jasong

Well i am alot more excited now that i have talked to someone who has used the new ascent. i was told tacit is awesome and i trust my source

jasong,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Hi!

That's nice and all but weeks?!?!? What's the deal dv?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You can't compare a pax to any of the other vapes you mentioned they are not even in the same ballpark IMO. In the DV and ascent you have full control of your temp and can keep it as low or as high as you like in small increments. You will be able to make your session tweaked and perfect for you.

toros23

So you think DV is holding out on you now? We have been getting every update, have you already forgotten the last one regarding packaging?

green2brown

Not when it keeps changing its not! I think it's a pretty valid question that keeps getting tap danced around!

Because maybe right now there is no exact date? And if she comes in here and tells you May 15 or June 1 or whatever and misses it then you'll just be angrier and asking again? As we've learned vape after vape, we have to just sit back and be patient with these releases.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
You can't compare a pax to any of the other vapes you mentioned they are not even in the same ballpark IMO. In the DV and ascent you have full control of your temp and can keep it as low or as high as you like in small increments. You will be able to make your session tweaked and perfect for you.
I compare my Pax to my Q and anything else for that matter. A comparison is about vapor, Taste etc. if you are vaping several different things fine but for a majority of us the temp gonna be around 360 to 390. I wont be using this at 200 degrees.

V8pire,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm not going to argue on the boards. I just asked if we were still talking days or if it was now indeed weeks as they posted on their fb page hours ago. (oh damn there's some info we didn't get first)! I just want to know if im in the position to use the money I've squirreled away for the ascent on something else and still have time to get the extra cash around again. Just trying to vape on a budget guys, don't get your panties in a knot!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It's an expression! R u trying to start problems?

mod note: We view that "expression" as disrespectful. Are YOU trying to start problems? 'Tap dancing' around a release date? Seriously?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

green2brown

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm not going to argue on the boards. I just asked if we were still talking days or if it was now indeed weeks as they posted on their fb page hours ago. (oh damn there's some info we didn't get first)! I just want to know if im in the position to use the money I've squirreled away for the ascent on something else and still have time to get the extra cash around again. Just trying to vape on a budget guys, don't get your panties in a knot!

Maybe try contacting DV directly via PM or the Da Vinci website then? Direct lines of contact are always better for getting answers.

green2brown,
Reactions: toros23

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Waiting on the packaging she said. I would think soon if its just packaging. I would be charging fees to a company doing my packaging if they were holding up my release!

V8pire,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom