Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
just saw this posted o their FaceBook page:

The anticipation builds for all of us as we await the release of the DaVinci Ascent. The official release date has not been set but it is looking like it will be ready for retail in a matter of weeks. Again we want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We will be updating our blog with new info about product details and the release date.

http://davincivape.com/ascent-vaporizer-what-we-know-so-far/

***EDIT*** of course i post up what they posted without actually looking at the link :doh: ... now that i did i can tell you the link is to an old blog and nothing new on it :(

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
just saw this posted o their FaceBook page:

The anticipation builds for all of us as we await the release of the DaVinci Ascent. The official release date has not been set but it is looking like it will be ready for retail in a matter of weeks. Again we want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. We will be updating our blog with new info about product details and the release date.

***EDIT*** of course i post up what they posted without actually looking at the link :doh: ... now that i did i can tell you the link is to an old blog and nothing new on it :(

Regardless of how old the link is, the post is new and says "weeks"!!!! That is depressing! I thought we were looking at days.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead

Regardless of how old the link is, the post is new and says "weeks"!!!! That is depressing! I thought we were looking at days.
The op date is March 13 2013 on that blog. So yes when it was written it was "weeks.":tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

1_gr8_underdog

Yes the blog entry is old but the actual Facebook post is from today! So the first part before the link was written today!
I see what you are saying. I had originally thought it was a copy and paste from the blog before the link. Kinda like a excerpt, but I see now that it is not :tup:

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
In her video a lot of vapor comes out and im curious if its too much? I only used the DaVinci once so can anyone tell me how their herb comes out. does it ever create smoke?
with that are they using some of the same production parts of the original?

V8pire,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I dont really see why you would be concerned with burning the herbs when you are in control of the temperature.
I understand that but some vapes still burn with a low setting. The conduction part im curious about the most. My Pax can get pretty dark if you dont pay attention.

V8pire,

1_gr8_underdog

In her video a lot of vapor comes out and im curious if its too much? I only used the DaVinci once so can anyone tell me how their herb comes out. does it ever create smoke?
with that are they using some of the same production parts of the original?
No the oven is glass lined ceramic on the Ascent. I believe the oven was brass in the original DV and Stainless in the upgraded model(DV2.) ABV from my Davinci always comes out uniformed deep brown. I have never gotten smoke from my original DaVinci. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: V8pire

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
No the chamber is ceramic on the Ascent. I believe the oven was brass in the original DV and Stainless in the upgraded model(DV2.) ABV from my Davinci always comes out uniformed deep brown. I have never gotten smoke from my original DaVinci.
Thank you thats the info I needed. I knew the chamber etc. was dif but meant the oven which you answered.
Im wondering if it will be just as much convection or more compared to the original.
Not trying to start a debate but convection to me has a better taste over conduction.

V8pire,

1_gr8_underdog

Im wondering if it will be just as much convection or more compared to the original.
Not trying to start a debate but convection to me has a better taste over conduction.

The oven works similar to the Davinci, in a conduction fashion, but with a faster heat up time. During testing we had very good, even results with the new bowl material.

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: V8pire

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I dont know how you guys remember all this. I read all the posts and forgot all about that being said.
New to blogs so I will get it. Thanks for the answers!
Its funny about the post above.I had my Pax sent away before I had my Extreme Q so didnt have a vape. Man smoking a bowl tasted horrible!

GanjaDude

No the oven is glass lined ceramic on the Ascent. I believe the oven was brass in the original DV and Stainless in the upgraded model(DV2.) ABV from my Davinci always comes out uniformed deep brown. I have never gotten smoke from my original DaVinci. :tup:
I have also never gotten smoke from my DV2 and the ABV always comes out light to deep brown vaping at 380.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I have also never gotten smoke from my DV2 and the ABV always comes out light to deep brown vaping at 380.
Thanks that whats i was getting at above meaning at optimum temp. I almost got The DV2 but Pax has been a good friend. Cant wait to do the comparison with Pax and Ascent but im sure the Pax will just be sold.

V8pire,

GanjaDude

Thanks that whats i was getting at above meaning at optimum temp. I almost got The DV2 but Pax has been a good friend. Cant wait to do the comparison with Pax and Ascent but im sure the Pax will just be sold.

DV2 is the only portable I have tried so I dont have anything to compare it 2. I almost bought the pax but I am a big fan of great customer support and all the stories I heard about DV won me over. I also got to experience the kick ass customer support first hand!!!

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
DV2 is the only portable I have tried so I dont have anything to compare it 2. I almost bought the pax but I am a big fan of great customer support and all the stories I heard about DV won me over. I also got to experience the kick ass customer support first hand!!!
Yeah I had to use Ploom customer support but it was fast and they gave me a new unit without any issue. Will the Ascent have a 2 year warranty also?

V8pire,

GanjaDude

Yeah I had to use Ploom customer support but it was fast and they gave me a new unit without any issue. Will the Ascent have a 2 year warranty also?
No idea i tried looking for the information yesterday but couldnt find it anywhere If you find the answer let me know.

GanjaDude,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
according to the info gathered by a FC member here:

http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Ascent

it will have a 2 year warranty

I think I pulled that info from their site, but the site has changed since I first collected the info.

I've asked the Rep to fact-check the doc. There are a few things I still question (eg. bowl size, croc skin faux or not, etc) Hopefully she'll confirm the warranty into has not changed.

nigel,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
No idea i tried looking for the information yesterday but couldnt find it anywhere If you find the answer let me know.
With todays vapes getting more advanced and expensive they need some kind of warranty. Im sure someone will know or she will post soon about it. She has addressed concerns pretty good so far.

V8pire,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom