Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Thanks for the response mmenzie. Yeah I figured that but was hoping maybe they were waiting for 420. I have my Pax but very intrigued by Ascent

V8pire,

FloatLikeAli

Not sure if someone already asked but if I preorder on GotVape, am I not eligible for the 20% off 420 discount since the Ascents are shipping out on May 1st? Thanks in advance, just joined FC. Deciding between the Ascent and the Pinnacle. Any suggestions?

FloatLikeAli,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I have the pax now and know alot of people agree pax is the best portable right now as long as you clean alot. Ascent though using convection and glass hopefully performs way better than pax. I have two friends who had the pinnacle and like my Pax better. I would get the ascent though as i doubt they are gonna put out a bad product and def want to trump the Davinci. I liked the vape from the Pinnacle also though just felt in my opinion Pax was better. I would love to have the money and just have all of them.

V8pire,
Reactions: mmenzie

Adobewan

I... and know alot of people agree pax is the best portable right now as long as you clean alot. .
Might need to make a distinction between portable and pocket friendly.
No more pocket friendly model than the Pax as far as I can tell, but when on the go I've reached for the Inhalater, and now my DaVinci over the Pax. Both provide better extraction and longer fresh flavor than the Pax IMO.
And the DaVinci has it over the Inhalater in style and design, looks and FEELS great.
With that in mind, my hope is the Ascent, being the next development from the company, will easily land in the best portable category.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Adobewan...... i sure hope you get your winning Ascent before anyone else and that you can get a review up quickly. i really hate to order a vape before it is reviewed by FC members but i really don't want to miss out on the GonG by NOT ordering early :(

mmenzie,
Reactions: nigel

Adobewan

@Menz
Not the sort of thing you can show and tell to everyone(one day soon, I hope), so the FC family shall be the first to be blasted with my enthusiastic receipt and usage of the "prize"(cue angel-song).
And I know what you mean about buying blind, but that GonG sure looks like it was designed by a handsome son of a gun!
I'd pre-order based on that! :)

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Might need to make a distinction between portable and pocket friendly.
No more pocket friendly model than the Pax as far as I can tell, but when on the go I've reached for the Inhalater, and now my DaVinci over the Pax. Both provide better extraction and longer fresh flavor than the Pax IMO.
And the DaVinci has it over the Inhalater in style and design, looks and FEELS great.
With that in mind, my hope is the Ascent, being the next development from the company, will easily land in the best portable category.

Pocket friendly, small portable whatever. Not everyone is gonna agree and thats why I put my opinion. Lots of good units coming out so everyone is gonna have a favorite. My pax performs better than alot of bigger sized portables. So as far as build ,warranty, Vapor etc. i include it as a portable. I havent tested every unit out there either. A new one comes out every month it seems but the Ascent out of all upcoming has most promise in my opinion. I think it has the potential to beat sveral units including pax and inhalater.

V8pire,

Adobewan

@V8pire
I think I may have been confusing in my post. I absolutely agree with you the Pax is a portable, in fact a great portable, but further, I don't think any current vape beats it at being "pocket friendly". It's design is so small and sleek for it's function, in that regard, I do beleive it's "the best".
I agree as well that the Ascent seems most promising!
Peace, and welcome to FC.

Adobewan,
Reactions: francis

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
@V8pire
I think I may have been confusing in my post. I absolutely agree with you the Pax is a portable, in fact a great portable, but further, I don't think any current vape beats it at being "pocket friendly". It's design is so small and sleek for it's function, in that regard, I do beleive it's "the best".
I agree as well that the Ascent seems most promising!
Peace, and welcome to FC.
Thanks, Yes I agree it is more pocket friendly but as far as the pinnacle or ascent I was just commenting i use the pax in that size range. I feel they should order the ascent for sure over pinnacle as I doubt it will be terrible. I needed more time with the inhalater but the ascent should make me retire my pax. Thanks for the welcome!

V8pire,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I went ahead and took that summary post I did back a few pages ago, and turned it into a Wikipage. http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Ascent

I'll keep it up-to-date as the product gets closer to a real object in our collective grubby mits, but by all means if you see something wrong/outdated, please let me know and I'll correct.

And I realize this is just wild-eyed optimism, but perhaps perhaps perhaps new viewers to this thread might see it, read it, and not ask the same bloody questions over and over again. :p

Adobewan

Great resource Nigel.
Regarding, Silver aluminum & (real?) croc skin, I hope it's faux.
Highest quality though.

Adobewan,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Adobe it isn't faux and as pretty as it is I won't be getting it.
Nigel put the wiki addy in your signature then we can just refer people to it when it gets stupid crazy in here. Thanks for doing that. I was going to help out with that long ago but am just not cut out for it.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Nigel put the wiki addy in your signature then we can just refer people to it when it gets stupid crazy in here. Thanks for doing that. I was going to help out with that long ago but am just not cut out for it.

That's a good idea! Done!

nigel,

Jeff-K

Lol, sorry for the misinformation. It was indeed the pre reg thingy.

Anyway, never mind me, back to lurking.

Jeff-K,

JoeKickass

Regarding... (real?) croc skin, I hope it's faux...
Adobe it isn't faux and as pretty as it is I won't be getting it...
Did a little light digging and it sounds like the ethics depend on where the skin is sourced, poorer areas of Indonesia don't use very humane methods... but I think the best you really get is less-crowded pens and faster killing. No worse than cows are treated in some places I'm sure, but it's all a personal choice anyways, imo I like the black aluminum.

JoeKickass,

Adobewan

I had already changed mine to the black finish due to stealth.
I appreciate many of the qualities of well made skin and hide products. They can be beautiful, wonderful to touch, and quite durable.
I imagine the croc skin Ascent will be those as well, but I'm a bit of an animal guy so it worked out well for me.

Jimmy

So its supposed to come out on may 1st, but does that mean it will be in my local headshop may 1st. If not u guys think i should preorder or wait for some reviews first?. There will probly be plenty of reviews that day anyways. I cant wait !!

Jimmy,

PAZ

So its supposed to come out on may 1st, but does that mean it will be in my local headshop may 1st. If not u guys think i should preorder or wait for some reviews first?. There will probly be plenty of reviews that day anyways. I cant wait !!

Won't be headshops IMO. May 1st is the earliest they'll start shipping the pre-orders IF everything goes right. That date isn't set in stone, it's an estimate by them.

Completely up to you, but if you don't pre-order and wait until reviews come out, theres a chance you'll be on a waitlist for one and it will be delayed by another few weeks.

PAZ,

emery

Clearly you did not read the rule that says: No spamming. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple locations. Warning point issued.
i just got the skyda 8 and it is amazing, just charge it good the first time before you use it, haven't tried the wax or oil attachment yet, i got mine on ebay for $70 and let me friend use it, he found the same one brand new on [spam removed] for $60, he just ordered his yesterday so it hasn't come in yet

emery,

emery

lol, yeah it is a little basic looking, he should get his in the next couple days so I will repost to see if they come thru with the product

emery,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom