Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbal Ant

Tweek -- I believe the correct term is "abducted". :p

Oh, that's a nice idea for something portable. Of course, you'd have to stop and fill it and then dump it after every session.

Unless you like soggy pockets...

Well I would think that's a given for anything you put in your pocket with water in it. Unless they included a cap of some sort, but I would think they'd have to cap it at the bottom somehow also. Or you could just carry the bubbler in a little pouch with a mini bottle of water and just pour the water back in the bottle when your done. Not those mini half pints, something even smaller, like a tincture bottle, you wouldn't need much water at all.

The title of Chapter Three in "Cathing for Dummies".
Knock it off and go vape something you mamaluke, your bothering me.:horse: :brow:

All kidding aside, if you would gladly give up your credit card/money for that, or something similar, give it up and show some likes. Who knows, maybe if we get enough likes, DV will seriously consider making the bubbler. :nod: That is, if we aren't on the shit list, right Dreamerr? :D

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I guess woman have a different cathing book we don't need the hook turn :rofl:

Herbal that is a good idea especially if it sits in that U shape as you suggested it may make it one handed. If it was spill proof that would be great as well. They do make spill proof water stuff which just means it is way harder to get the water out but for this application it is a good idea IMO.

ZACHE

Yes, moisturizing is key! I and others enjoy using warm water for this reason.

FYI, THC and CBD are hydrophobic, meaning they repel water, running hot vapor through water will only cool it down, it will never "hydrate" it...

ZACHE,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Well don't make fun of me, told you guys I'm not artistic at all. I have not really used Paint much before, but here goes. I really want this, made a photo bucket account for it and everything. It's a modified version of the GonG I was talking about. I don't even care if I get water in my mouth. :p Are there any glass blowers on here that think this can be done, or something similar?

bubbler_zps9ece724a.jpg

Can you guys see it? If not, right click it and hit open in new tab, that's what I had to do for some reason...

mod note: Fixed.

This is a great idea, especially taking into account the shape of the top of the Ascent. I would definitely buy something like this.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
FYI, THC and CBD are hydrophobic, meaning they repel water, running hot vapor through water will only cool it down, it will never "hydrate" it...
The idea is not to bind the actives to the water vapor, just to add water vapor to the mix.

nopartofme,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
no thats under sold :shrug:.. i do miss my solo but it was really used mostly as a home vape, not portable.. even with eds stem it was still long and chunky.
Have you gotten that titanium nail attachment for the DBV?????????? Electric Nail at a fraction of the cost of a real E-Nail($1200).

Cant wait to be able to order the ascent!!!! looks solid!!!

BLAZING OG,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hi all, I"m back and I did miss you all :) Don't even get me started on ExpoGrow...let me just say that it was canceled and a disaster for all involved.

The build process for both the Ascent and the Gog adapter are going beautifully. I really really hope to have something by the end of April, and we are stating May 1 at this time. There are just so many components that go into these vapes. (25 suppliers for parts to be exact) As I know more, you will surely know.

I see everyone found the pre-registration page, and in lieu of a presale, it was the best thing I could put forward, without actually doing a presale. (They still scare me!)

So here's how it works- preregister get something free with purchase and be first in line to buy the Ascent. You will notice that I put a "Where did you hear about us" check box..this was for you guys...as some seemed to pick up on. In case I run out of adapters, they will go to FC members and everyone else will get something else. If you want the "something else", let me know in your order comments and I'll try to accommodate as much as possible. I will be sending out an email a few days before the actual launch and tell you when the actual time of the sale starts and I'll make it something obscure to give everyone a leg up..but first products will go to pre-registers. (Confusing for me too..I know)

Let's see- the dust cap is still going to be made as far as I know. I've pushed back the date of the how to video's to late April due to time restraints, I'm not sure what else will go up in the interim. I'll see what I can do.

I love the idea about the bubbler, and we are already working on that..think of a little water jetpack for the Ascent, that's the way we are going with that. Not sure when it will actually be released though. My main concern right now is to get a bad ass product to you all.

I'm sure I missed a lot, but I read through the 10 pages you all created at 3am after extensive product testing with essential oils, so ask away but I don't think there is too much new. Just new people on here and new anticipation. Welcome!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
are there any comparison/contrasts you can make with the Ascent and the original DaVinci after using it?

stickstones,

toros23

but first products will go to pre-registers.

Really apprecaite the update. A quick question on pre-registration. There was no email confirmation, so is it possible to get a confirmation that the pre-register was successfully received? I'd hate to get all the way to ordering time and learn my submission failed.

toros23,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Really apprecaite the update. A quick question on pre-registration. There was no email confirmation, so is it possible to get a confirmation that the pre-register was successfully received? I'd hate to get all the way to ordering time and learn my submission failed.

Just asked about that...I guess it says "Thanks for taking the survey". PM me your email addy and I'll cross check it if you're concerned.

I'll get a list of compare/contrasts on DV vs Ascent for you very shortly...let me work on compiling this but there are loads of differences and I believe each has its benefits and drawbacks.

mugzy

davezzorrelthin.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/the-new-davinci-ascent-vaporizer/

A little review of the ascent i found. It says the ascent batteries take a long time to charge, and that they only last 4-5 sessions. Also it takes 1 and a half mins to reach desired temperature.

I guess there is also a more detailed review of the ascent on portablevaporizers.net but i cant find it on that site.

mugzy,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
davezzorrelthin.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/the-new-davinci-ascent-vaporizer/

A little review of the ascent i found. It says the ascent batteries take a long time to charge, and that they only last 4-5 sessions. Also it takes 1 and a half mins to reach desired temperature.

I guess there is also a more detailed review of the ascent on portablevaporizers.net but i cant find it on that site.
That's not a real review; it's sleazy marketing speak designed to capitalize on all the buzz around this vape. Every other sentence is saying "check out our website!"

The review that's linked within that fake review, the part you read with the long charge time and 1.5 minute heating time, is about the original DaVinci Vaporizer and not the Ascent.

mugzy

Lol oh ok. It seemed like a pretty shitty done review to be honest. The funny part is that i follow Davinci on twitter and they posted the link to that review themselves.

mugzy,

ajarena95

Thanks for the heads up on that...I guess I need to fire my social media company. The review in question is a SEO tactic to drive backlinks and juice to their site.

As we get closer and closer to the release date i see less and less of the carbon fiber ascent? Will it be released with the original and croc skin on may first or shall i have to wait?

ajarena95,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
i am very interested in the wood version but have seen pictures of two different versions of it. i like one more that the other. i like the one that that is in their current facebook cover page. i hope that is the one that gets released

mmenzie,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
As we get closer and closer to the release date i see less and less of the carbon fiber ascent? Will it be released with the original and croc skin on may first or shall i have to wait?

Hmmm... according to the rep "the black one is simply matte black aluminum." But their site lists it as "Coming Soon! - Ascent Vaporizer (Black)
The Ascent by Davinci Vaporizer (Carbon)" with this picture:
angled_carbon2__21249.1362101321.1280.1280.png

My guess is that the rep has the most current information, and that they perhaps simplified that design for initial launch?

I *do* know that they have a lot of plans for customization ("Customization will be coming 3rd quarter") so those who have the patience to wait (I am not a member of this set) could have a pretty cool device. [I presume that once it has left the factory, it is too late to customize.]

nigel,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom